What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

Bonzo

Veteran
thanks toxic! :)

what it do shorts! overall they do look pretty darn healthy...its only a little on the main stem...growth rate is still pretty good, they are starting to branch out nicely!:woohoo: maybe it is time to bump the ppms a tad...i put em' under 24/7 when they got here cause thats what they were used to...i would really like to cut down to 18/6 but i fear it could possibly trigger them...that dark period would do them a world of good i think...and it would bring the humidity up for a bit...dude they are gettin' that JURRASIC look to them!:woohoo: BIGGER AND GNARLIER! :D

temps in lung room: its 95 outside...

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz looks like light bleaching to me. Maybe bump up your cal-mag a lil bit, but my guess is they are just adjusting to the stronger light. Those leaves look prehistoric bro, HUGE. How's the room coming?

Bonzo

Veteran
i think so too D...i have not been adding any cal mag yet...strait Flora Nova. dude! prehistoric indeed! room is allmost there...defenitly gonna have some electrical questions for ya for the 120...and maybe the panel...I NEED MORE JUICE MAN!!!:woohoo:

So good fun things today!:woohoo:

new arrivals...2 Green Crack...1 Blue Dream...and 1 Cheese!...IT AINT EASY BEIN' CHEEZY!! :biggrin:

those 4 are all just newly rooted...there in cups of coco, under humidity dome...chillin"! ...and 4 Killer Queen unrooted, that if im not mistaken are the same KQ i used to have a few years ago that i think was Lonestars...theres a pic of a bigass bare bulb KQ in the beginning of this thread...:woo hoo:

also i took a few OGRE cuts just for fun...the cloner has been sterilized so we'll see...

the KQ were really just an experiment...they are pretty small but they are alive...they are in the very back row of cloner...

i decided to water/feed one of the OGRE youngin's with an 1150 ppm mix...we'll see...

Attachments

• newones1.jpg
    newones1.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 8
  • newones3.jpg
    newones3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 5
  • start going in
    start going in
    67.8 KB · Views: 15
  • newones4.jpg
    newones4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 11
D

DHF

Keep fergettin ta come visit my brutha from nutha mutha....Bonzorooni....

You don`t know how it warms my heart ta see yas back in the saddle and doin better these days.....:dance013:.....and.....

Whenever yas put smaller plants around HID`s , they go through a certain amount of lumen shock without ramped up humidity , but those purple petioles are definitely cal/mag deficiency a brewin , and .....

Mr. D , I think what you`re seein as light bleachin was prolly more from the way the light was hitten the plants when Bonz took the pics cuz they`re way green on my computer , just humped up from lack of humidity.....

70% humidity till end of stretch Bro , then 45 till end of cycle if yas can keep it that low in late bloomage when they`re eatin/drinkin so much and sweatin/transpirin their lil asses off tryin ta be all they can be swellage wise till end of cycle....

If yas`re usin R/O ALWAYS add cal/mag + @ 3-5 ml per gal every feed with coco cuz of it`s "cation exchange capacity"/ability to hold onto cal/mag as well as potassium/K once full bloomage sets in , so yas gotta supplement with minimal amounts till yas find their sweet spot......

Then it`s set it and ferget it....as long as yas got Dripclean @ 1 ml per gal in your regimen.......Bro....You is runnin Dripclean ain`t you ?.....

Didn`t read back through the other pages so not tryin ta tell yas what to do....Just tryin ta help , cuz coco`s not that easy to dial without a copy of the rules , since all that shit comes with different salt contents from the get.....anyways...

I know you got a green thumb so..... Handle it my buddy....and.....

Holler if I can help Bro.....Freds....:ying:.....

Bonzo

Veteran
you really are bouncing back;)

indeed toxic! i get by with a little help from my friends..

Comin' together! What cheese did you come across there Bonzo? Hope you're reunited with the same KQ too.

howdy MH! a friend of mine had ONE seed, a freebie i think...its from DinaFem...hella lucky for one seed cause ive seen pics of her in bloom and she looks killer! chunky cheezy funk! and she finishes pretty darn fast...60 ish days

Keep fergettin ta come visit my brutha from nutha mutha....Bonzorooni....

You don`t know how it warms my heart ta see yas back in the saddle and doin better these days.....:dance013:.....and.....

Whenever yas put smaller plants around HID`s , they go through a certain amount of lumen shock without ramped up humidity , but those purple petioles are definitely cal/mag deficiency a brewin , and .....

Mr. D , I think what you`re seein as light bleachin was prolly more from the way the light was hitten the plants when Bonz took the pics cuz they`re way green on my computer , just humped up from lack of humidity.....

70% humidity till end of stretch Bro , then 45 till end of cycle if yas can keep it that low in late bloomage when they`re eatin/drinkin so much and sweatin/transpirin their lil asses off tryin ta be all they can be swellage wise till end of cycle....

If yas`re usin R/O ALWAYS add cal/mag + @ 3-5 ml per gal every feed with coco cuz of it`s "cation exchange capacity"/ability to hold onto cal/mag as well as potassium/K once full bloomage sets in , so yas gotta supplement with minimal amounts till yas find their sweet spot......

Then it`s set it and ferget it....as long as yas got Dripclean @ 1 ml per gal in your regimen.......Bro....You is runnin Dripclean ain`t you ?.....

Didn`t read back through the other pages so not tryin ta tell yas what to do....Just tryin ta help , cuz coco`s not that easy to dial without a copy of the rules , since all that shit comes with different salt contents from the get.....anyways...

I know you got a green thumb so..... Handle it my buddy....and.....

Holler if I can help Bro.....Freds....:ying:.....

FRED! goddang glad you popped in!...im runnin' strait Flora Nova grow...nothin else yet...my tap starts at 400 ppm...not usin' RO...my mix comes out to 950 ish ppm....just did a test on one at 1150...she looks fine, not much different, but i just fed her last night...H&G sample pack should be here any day...think it comes with drip clean...also gonna be testing X nutes sample...

dude are there any DIY ways to bring up humidity? right now its runnin' about 50%...i just put a bucket of water with a big ass airstone in it in the room...

gonna get some cal/mag...should have my tap tested...

heres that same plant in natural light....

they are starting to branch out and bush up....

Attachments

• bigger.jpg
    bigger.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 11
  • bigger1.jpg
    bigger1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 11

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
looking good brotha!!! had to drop in for a moment and say hello! iv been finding myself lost on the beach... time to get ready for a good outdoor season! hit the waves yesturday... might give the energy and motivation for planting haha, anyways ill talk with you soon and glad those gals are bouncing back for you as well :joint:

bobblehead

Veteran
Bonz my brutha... you can cut the lights down to 18/6 w/o worry imo. The only plants I've had switch to flower on an 18hr light schedule were autos... And once they start, they don't stop...

I don't recommend using cal/mag with 400ppm tap water... yikes... I understand money is tight, so when ya can buy yourself an RO filter. You can get them on ebay for like $100-150.

For a ghetto humidifier... You could get 2 buckets of water... and have a towel hanging into both but exposed to the air on the top... So this way the towel is constantly wicks up water and there's lots of surface area on the towel for the water to evaporate from... Get what I'm saying?

I'm always over here on my bucket next to Freds... :)

Bonzo

Veteran
Brotha DB! what are ya doin lolly-gaggin' on the beach bro! wish i was there! aint it planting time?:biggrin: peace homey :)

howdy bobble dude! dude i picked up an RO unit a few weeks ago...may have to git er goin'...i just wanted to give the tap a whirl...ill give the towel thingy a try...would a home humidifier work? think ive seen those a thrift stores...how many pints or whatever am i lookin' for? thanks brotha! :woohoo:

what it do 5th! canna pimpin' aint easy! (i stole that from fellow ICMAGer):biggrin:

so the plant that i fed the 1150 ppm mix looks great...still purples but no overfert...i think im gonna bump em all up...

waddya ya'll think?

Bonzo

Veteran
RO...maybe theres some life in the filters...

Attachments

• RO2.jpg
    RO2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
  • RO1.jpg
    RO1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 8
  • RO.jpg
    RO.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 5

bobblehead

Veteran
howdy bobble dude! dude i picked up an RO unit a few weeks ago...may have to git er goin'...i just wanted to give the tap a whirl...ill give the towel thingy a try...would a home humidifier work? think ive seen those a thrift stores...how many pints or whatever am i lookin' for? thanks brotha! :woohoo:

I have well water harder than yours... So I use only RO. I have 2 carbon sediment filters on my RO and the waste still is full of red iron particles... Nasty stuff. If I was you, I would only use RO.

I use whole house humidifiers... You can get them for about $100 at the HD or amazon.com... I run my RO waste water through them, and then send the waste from the humidifier down the drain. A smaller humidifier with a reservoir probably isn't going to be big enough to keep up with the extraction... b/c my whole house humidifier barely keeps up with 2 435cfm fans. I'm thinking about attaching them directly to the room so I can pump hot air through them and evaporate more water... But that's another fan and a humidifier for each room, so I have to wait until it's in the budget.

Another good option is an ultra-sonic pond fogger... you could hook up your RO waste water to keep the fogger constantly supplied with water. You need to get a big one though, and the ceramic discs need replacing regularly. IMO for durability, I would go with the whole house humidifier... and just run it 24/7 in veg and stretch. With the whole house humidifier, you're sucking air through a filter that has water dripped on it when the valve is opened. I have controllers... but I've found that with constant air exchange... you can't get too much humidity in the air. It just won't happen. Just plug the control valve into the wall so it's constantly open. Save the money on humidifier controls... Unless you're gonna get the pond fogger... cause then it'll save discs should you ever achieve adequate humidity... lol

and as far as your feeds... 1150 is hot imo... I feed my plants 1.5EC which is like 800ppm, and I feed them constantly... I have lab scores to back up my buds.

Bonzo

Veteran
dude i just saw a humidifier at a local thrift store for 30 bucks...about 2 feet tall...1 1/2' square? didnt get pint size....think its a GE...waddya think?

i know 1150 is kinda hot....may hook up the RO...

D

DHF

Listen to da Bobbles.......He knows da rules......Here`s the thing about tapwater Broski....Only GOD and your county agent/municipal water supplier knows what`s in it....and....

400 ppm`s is high for municipal water IME.........My tap was always in the high 100`s low 200`s and I knew what was in mine per the county agent and mixed my R/O and Tap 1/2 and 1/2 and STILL hadta add cal/mag for my whore ass Chem D to perform so.....it`s all strain dependent and hey....

Some strains exhibit purple stems and petioles from the get till end of cycle cuz it`s genetic , but not many.....so...Know what yer bitches is eatin....period....and yeah...

Whole house Humidifier for 30 bucks....snatch it up....so...How does a pore `ol country boy get a H&G sample pack for future headies runs.....?.....anyways.....

I`ll be over here on my bucket fuckin wit Bobbles so handle it Bro.....and even though 1150`s hot and I never went over 750 in well over a decade , 750`s really only juice and the other`s tapwater , but that`s the X factor , so get that R/O hoonin my buddy and THEN yas can drop shit down where it needsta be ftw....

Holler....Freds....:ying:.....

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
dude i just saw a humidifier at a local thrift store for 30 bucks...about 2 feet tall...1 1/2' square? didnt get pint size....think its a GE...waddya think?

i know 1150 is kinda hot....may hook up the RO...

If it's a whole house humidifier, jump on it... But you should be able to plumb water to it... If it has a reservoir, forget about it imo. Put the $30 toward the whole house model and you'll be 1/4 of the way there... I hate undersized equipment... Cause then I end up spending more money in the end... Nobody expects you to bounce back and have all the bells and whistles in place right away. Just keep it in mind for upgrades. Get that RO going.

Bonzo

Veteran
Thats how i as lookin at it too fred that im really only at 750 ppm...im gonna get the RO hooked up for sure...kinda like that half n half idea...OGRE is not prone to purple stems but ive never really had her growin' this vigorously either....or should i say this way...its just different...this coco is somethin' else!

ill shoot ya PM fred...:)

I'll be checkin the dehuey tomorrow bobble...will check for water hook-up...

its fuckin' awesome to have you 2 chillin on ur buckets! makes this comin' back alot easier! your input and everyone elses is most appreciated! :)

:thank you::woohoo:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
What's up bonz, been a while, have been neglecting my posting, but have been watching from the back row. Happy to see the plants have bounced back from the conditions they were in when you got them.

Hope all is well on your end, keep it green homey.

aod

Bonzo

Veteran
howdy AOD! :) good to see ya! they have BoUnCeD back pretty nice! lookin' a lil funny right now but still growin pretty well!:woohoo: