What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bonzo BoUnCeS back...:)

BroughtSuperior

Veteran
it will burn the hell out of your plants if you dont notice or dont do anything about it, if the batch isnt to big, i say toss it away and buy new coco, thats what i did.

Mountain High

Veteran
Awww bummer on the coco litter box.

I did the research on those lil guys too, I never really found out if they were springtail or what they were. The looked like fungus gnat larva, but I didn't have any fungus gnats. Prolly springtails, cause they were harmless.

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - broughtsuperior is right it will burn the shit out of your plants. Either flush the shit out of that coco or toss it. I know because I had a cat piss in a few plants one time, he didn't live long after......

Mister_D

Veteran
Bonz - Shot the cat :biggrin:. Plants died within a week, I barely saved one by flushing the shit out of it (something like 15 gals through a 5 gal pot), but it was never the same. On second thought you probably should just toss all coco that's been pissed on.

Bonzo

Veteran
allrighty then! movin' on to plant life stuff :)

like i said the plants will be in vert mode this weekend!:woohoo:

a friend of mine hooked me up with about 20' of 16" insulated ducting...and a 16" to 14" reducer! freebies are a good thing! so the run goes bigass CAN 150 filter to badass 14" MAXIMUM bitchen fan to 3' of ridgid duct over door to insulated 16" ducting out of "lung" area and into "catpiss" room :biggrin: i think im gonna keep the veg room setup where it is for now....get a smaller filter for it and tie it into 16" exaust that cruises right by it...this place has alot of possibilities for future expansion but unless i can purchase it im not gonna go much crazier than i allready have:crazy:

ya know i think to myself sometimes "jeez man i think i went overboard on the build" i dont even own this house! however...by framing the walls and insulating them to code standard (and a lil more) its like a fuckin' meat locker in there...its all about the envirenment eh? make the plants happy and they will make us happy...all by themselves!

so i got the light hanger thingy hung...rigged a bare 1k...hung it and let it burn for a few hours...without the exhaust...temps may have risen 2 degrees? i feel good about 3 or 4k with intake/exhaust runnin' full speed...

a couple sprouts just wilted and died...WTF? i looked at the living ones and they said they wanted to go outside so i put em out in the sunshine and wind and they loved it! so im gonna be hookin' up intake and exhaust on the clone/sprout cab...

Bonzo

Veteran
couple pics :)

so im gonna rig some thingies that will hook to the 2 x 4 so they can be moved left to right and hook and chain the socket to that so i will have horizontal and vertical adjustment...somethin like that:biggrin:

Attachments

• vert1.jpg
    vert1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 7
  • vert3.jpg
    vert3.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 5
  • vert5.jpg
    vert5.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 5
  • vert4.jpg
    vert4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 6

Bonzo

Veteran
more pics (shitty ones) need a camera! :)

i used whatever i could find to hang the duct...it works! :biggrin: the first pic of the duct exiting into exhaust room is fan on...second pic is fan off...

in the second pic you can see the 6" exhaust from veg room...gonna tie er in right there...

oh thats the coco the cats peed in....lotta coco...

Attachments

• catpiss.jpg
    catpiss.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 4
  • duct4.jpg
    duct4.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 7
  • duct3.jpg
    duct3.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 5
  • duct2.jpg
    duct2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 5
  • duct1.jpg
    duct1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 6

Bonzo

Veteran
plants!:woohoo:

i think they are ready for the vert room eh? :)

shitty pics...the sticky nug is the Green Crack that was gifted to me...by the way those are all growing healthy roots! :woohoo: especially the Cheese!:woohoo:

:peacock:

Attachments

• Bigger2.jpg
    Bigger2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • bigger3.jpg
    bigger3.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 4
  • bigger4.jpg
    bigger4.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 5
  • mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 5
  • mango.jpg
    mango.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 4

Bonzo

Veteran
:D i know i have said many times how gnarly that fan is D but...with the 3' ridgid peice and the ducting? its even gnarlier...damn near s i l e n t... and its pullin/pushin' some air! just totally blown away by it:woohoo:

where did you get your corrugated plastic/fiber glass sheets D? i saw 120" x 20" at lowes for 13 bucks or so?

easyDaimoku

Veteran
With the cats peeing in coco, I know thats going to be a good omen for whats to come! WOOHOO! Keep up the great work brother!

Mister_D

Veteran
Don't mind me, i'm just jealous of your super awesome ultra bitchin kick ass fan :biggrin:. No worries though, i've got some new toys on the way as well ;).

Got my plastic sheets at lowes or home depot, can't remember :biggrin:, 13 bucks each sounds about right. I think mine are 96" x 26" though. Look closer next time you're there, pretty sure they have 8ft and 12ft sizes. There's also a hard and soft version (for lack of better terms). Basicly one is rigid and the other more flexible, I got the flexible kind. You can walk on it and it just flexes back into place :biggrin:. Whatever works for the mad scientist in you.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
bummer about the cat piss. the room is looking good though. ill be back in here for sure, will look nice lit up and full

GIS

Hey Bonz :)

You know I remember smoking a strain called catpiss several years ago.. and it was pretty darn good. :cathug:

I am also super jealous of your beefy ventilation system, so awesome. Your room looks very professional and well done, can't wait to see it filled with plants soon! :biggrin:

:D i know i have said many times how gnarly that fan is D but...with the 3' ridgid peice and the ducting? its even gnarlier...damn near s i l e n t... and its pullin/pushin' some air! just totally blown away by it:woohoo:

No pun intended!! :cool:

Man, I'm really enjoying your thread here....

Looking forward to the plants..

Mountain High

Veteran
TEXTBOOK! I love that ventilation set up. What's the CFM on your exhaust fan? What do you have for intake or did I miss it?

Latest posts

Latest posts