What's new

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
In regard to kush lineage. And when/if it was introduced into his lines

Remember, first and foremost, BOGs Sour Bubble was a clone only selection not a seed line. A selection he originally claimed was just a rare expression from his BOGbubble (pure bubblegum) line.

It was his BOGbubble that contaminated with kush genetics via an “accidental” clone mix up.

He made a selection from his kush x BOGbubble cross and named it sour bubble. Sour bubble was a clone only kush, having smoked it and the bubble hash grown and made by BOG himself a couple times it had a very special and unique flavor and potency combo. As a mother plant it bred very true for resin quality and short flowering time. However it’s terpene profile, and unique properties to the high that BOG sour bubble mom possessed isn’t as true breeding in the seed lines. It’s actually rather rare to find.

Since the passing of BOG and the loss of his Sour Bubble mom, Sour Dubb is currently the best example of Sour Bubble genetics and it breeds pretty true for the terps and high also ;)
Do you have any of your Sour Bubble hybrids in the fridge Infini? I can’t remember their lineage but there was at least one I remember from loooong ago on the old seedbay.. Was it the PK you crossed it with?

Good to see you posting again :)

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My friend bought 2 packs last year of th seeds.
And he found sour pheno which can compete to any chem or bubba there is easily.
I growed it and its fucking monster extremly pungent sour with hints of bubba kush taste metalic berry with sour glue garlic....real keeper.
I didnt grew SB so its maybe bit off topic.
But I can see in Bubblegum seeds phenos that have traits of bubba kush.
And bog clearly said that his SB comes from bubblegum.
So logic say that bubba kush can be juat expectional pheno of bubblegum.
That doesn’t sound like bubba kush, and especially not sour bubble… which has characteristics of but is still different from bubba. I’m not convinced it was a bubba kush that was used in sour bubble and am leaning towards one of the pure kush cuts or Irene.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Highly doubtful. Original Bubblegum was a clone, not a seedline. Once the Indiana Bubblegum arrived in Holland it was out crossed and bred in two different directions. THSeeds and Serious Seeds have those two original seed lines (THSeeds the broadleaf line and Serious the more skunky NLD line). Neither of these are real bubblegum since they were out crosses. The original Indiana BG clone looks nothing like Bubba.

You would have to check the time line for when the original bubba line came into being and whether it was before or after THSeeds released their bubblegum seed line.

There are a lot of broadleaf seed lines where you might find similar plants to sour bubble, it’s not impossible.. Just like it isn’t impossible for two different equatorial narrow leaf varieties that have very similar structure, smell, high etc without being related.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, just doubtful. Plus, if we are to believe the original bubba story, there’s no mention of bubble gum.
I dont believe in stories...expecially in cannabis genetics stories.
And I hate "elite clones."

beta

Veteran
That doesn’t sound like bubba kush, and especially not sour bubble… which has characteristics of but is still different from bubba. I’m not convinced it was a bubba kush that was used in sour bubble and am leaning towards one of the pure kush cuts or Irene.

Here's Irene, it looks related but less related than the other two:

1676400767664.png

Could be Pure Kush for sure but there are so many different things that circulate with that name that it'd be tough to make a comparison.

CannaT

Premium user
I smoked 2 tipes of bubba

1. old bubba or pre 98
Incensy sour woody witamin B metallic coffe smelling.
Still searching for seeds to find something like that.

Metallic blackberry sweet lime

This pheno of bubblegum is like 2.
At imhale chem/sour garlic taste.
Exhale metallic bluebberry strawberry yougurt vitamin B.

Its like mix of sour/chem and bubba.
Really top cutting.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18810556
View attachment 18810557
View attachment 18810558
So bubba kush like pheno...can be found in bubblegum seeds even now days...
What is lineage of bubba kush...huba bubba...
Bubba kush is a unknown plant called “bubba” (likely an early master kush, or afghan or Hindu Kush type) that was then crossed to the original OG kush in Florida sometime in the early-mid 90s.

What you have is a phenotype of THSeeds bubblegum. Now, especially with larger scale commercial Dutch outfits it seems that pollen control and contamination is an issue of only minor concern. Meaning their maybe males of different breeds live with pollen at the same time in different parts of a building or maybe have intersex prone females in with other females receiving the same pollen and no way to control if you’re getting some S1 or fem x seeds.

Broad leaf traits are in almost all gene pools, so having a few similarities doesn’t imply direct relation, hope that helps. But I digress this thread isn’t about bubba kush or bubble gum

CannaT

Premium user
20230214_200753.jpg

Yep,im not claiming its truth just my theory.
👋i just opened mason jar...and Im 100% shure that this shit have very much similarities to that 2nd bubba kush I posted.
How it smell....like silicone/glue garlic...that have sick like sweetness similar to blueberry bit earthy yogurt with bit of vitamin B and sour pine.

Shure if you are here and smell it you would think its bubba or bubba cross im shure in that.
20230214_201844.jpg
20230214_202247.jpg

Pictures arent good but it even have bubba silver shine buds.

Last edited:

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Do you have any of your Sour Bubble hybrids in the fridge Infini? I can’t remember their lineage but there was at least one I remember from loooong ago on the old seedbay.. Was it the PK you crossed it with?

Good to see you posting again :)
Hey kal old friend,

That male has proven to be awesome, I had a really good cutting of true og that I wish I had pollinated same with my chem DD selection!

No PK, & I gave away the last of the romulan and GDP (Kens cut) crosses a few years ago

I still have a good amount of the komoko v1.1 (my angel breath & good vibes line) which used that same Sour bubble male (that actually reeked like BOGs Sour Bubble mom)

And I’m currently growing a few Natasha v1.1 which is a bx3/4 branchy lanky og type Sour Bubble female crossed to a resinous angel breath pheno kokomo v1.1 male. So 3/4 sour bubble.

While in veg and ever since seedling stage 3 of them are resinous on the fan leaves and loud with distinct sour bubble aromas, though I’m fighting a PM battle from hell right now lol.

Hope all is well!

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18810592
Yep,im not claiming its truth just my theory.
👋i just opened mason jar...and Im 100% shure that this shit have very much similarities to that 2nd bubba kush I posted.
How it smell....like silicone/glue garlic...that have sick like sweetness similar to blueberry bit earthy yogurt with bit of vitamin B and sour pine.

Shure if you are here and smell it you would think its bubba or bubba cross im shure in that. View attachment 18810593 View attachment 18810595
Pictures arent good but it even have bubba silver shine buds.
Your descriptions actually remind me of a gorilla glue 4 x gelato hybrid:lol

I’d smoke it dude, chill.

Redrum92

Thanks for all the info on h2o2 to h2o ratios for old seeds. I still have the first 2 cooking, haven't given up and thrown them out, but my intuition says the first 2 were doomed by my laissez-faire methods.

Have higher hopes for the next 2

If I find a male that people find attractive, I certainly wouldn't hoard pollen. Wouldn't have found these seeds on my own, certainly couldn't have bred them on my own, so it's not mine to hoard. That being said, I'm sure other people are running 10-100x the numbers I am, so are 10-100x likely to find a good one. Obviously there are many breeders out there (and in here) who have already worked the SB

acespicoli

They really need to improve their payment methods... tried to get some other stuff over there no luck... print a order form mail it in with money order....wth :thinking: should be paypal or credit card, cash apps even ... its 2023 after all ... but yeah some good selections have they do

Redrum92

No CC and no mention of BOG on SB? Weird. There are so many better sites

Speaking of which, since I was made aware of the tony green f2s, ordered some today. Have high hopes, especially not having to have anxiety about them being old seeds, like the OG BOG stuff I'm currently struggling with

acespicoli

They really need to improve their payment methods... tried to get some other stuff over there no luck... print a order form mail it in with money order....wth :thinking: should be paypal or credit card, cash apps even ... its 2023 after all ... but yeah some good selections have they do
There is zelle and bitcoin but no dice my bank didnt work and bitcoin was never easy enough for me...
I wanted the garlic bud seeds but I regress from the SB

I think the NL SB BUKU is all a spin on the afghanis imported by Neville IMO
well we know there is NL in bubba for a fact cause Matt said its in bubba from seeds he got off fat Larry
NL crossed with Gainsville green from FL and that was traded with Josh and its in pure kush as in OG kushs
Thats why they are related selections and one offs from the seedbank, sensi seeds, white label.... imo
1676430900523.png

Wilson had moved to the Champaign–Urbana metropolitan area. He was the first Black student elected Senior Class President at Urbana High. Wilson was later banned from the football team, even though he had been the starting end and placekicker, because of his association with fellow student Steven Hager,[citation needed] who later hired Wilson to write for High Times.

MAPLE LEAF WILSON Chef Ra (October 10, 1950 – December 26, 2006), born Jim Wilson Jr.
1676431204677.png

Back to the sour B ? OG TERPS/green... SKUNK TERPS/red AND LANDRACE TERPS/yellow
Bubble should taste like bubbalicious bubblegum or juicy fruit and stick to glass just like it did in the early 90s
afghani x cornfield hemp (feral indian hemp from india) thats the story I heard
and I seen the corn fields and their home grown out there so theres that
1676432156314.png

1676433862190.png

1676434411614.png

1676433952130.png

On with the show :bow:

Last edited: