What's new

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Redrum92

^I'm also curious if the 30 pack "collector" thing of SB phenos (F2's?) includes the black pheno? Or could you elucidate just generally what traits/phenos you were selecting for, Mr. TG?

Last edited:

JohnnyChicago

^I'm also curious if the 30 pack "collector" thing of SB phenos (F2's?) includes the black pheno? Or could you elucidate just generally what traits/phenos you were selecting for, Mr. TG?

My BX4 F2s are very black pheno and Kush dominant.
I remember BOG having reported these phenos were rare. That is why I selected for it.

Possibly that is what the BX4 has been bred for by him too. But I do not know it.

acespicoli

1676377796590.png

1676377870473.png

1676377908152.png

1676376746478.png

Hope that these resources are merged passed and preserved in the spirit of open source
Multiple backups are necessary to prevent the loss of genetics for generations to come
This line is a great example of the best that Indiana Bubble gum had to offer

Pollen being passed like trading baseball cards is a under utilized resource imo

Redrum92

0/2 SHN SB

Been 4 days. Think i should've replaced paper towel with a freshly hydrogen peroxide-ed one. Had a faint musty smell.

Next 2 will be trying the clipped tips method, and more peroxide. Have 11 seeds left now. This is part of the reason I only do 2 at a time. I have no experience reviving old seeds.

beta

Veteran
View attachment 18810454
View attachment 18810455
View attachment 18810456
View attachment 18810443
Hope that these resources are merged passed and preserved in the spirit of open source
Multiple backups are necessary to prevent the loss of genetics for generations to come
This line is a great example of the best that Indiana Bubble gum had to offer

Pollen being passed like trading baseball cards is a under utilized resource imo
This lineage has been debunked afaik, when Sour Bubble was tested by Phylos it's closest relative by far was Bubba Kush and that's not anywhere in this lineage.

I agree wholeheartedly re: pollen, people who keep special males should be sending that shit out!

beta

Veteran
0/2 SHN SB

Been 4 days. Think i should've replaced paper towel with a freshly hydrogen peroxide-ed one. Had a faint musty smell.

Next 2 will be trying the clipped tips method, and more peroxide. Have 11 seeds left now. This is part of the reason I only do 2 at a time. I have no experience reviving old seeds.
My attached seed soak recipe works great on old seeds, just make sure you're using fresh H202 as it loses efficacy after it's been opened and exposed to air. I use the same solution to wet the paper towels after the soak, it significantly reduces rotting seeds and gives them more time to germinate. Flush the seeds with fresh solution every few days and suck up the excess with a pipette.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230214-062238-359.png
    Screenshot_20230214-062238-359.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 43

acespicoli

Be patient dont give up on old seeds many lack the vigor moisture and nutrient since they stall... contamination as in fungal and bacterial pathogens have more time to hurt the sprouting seedling.
Dilute one table spoon of 3% peroxide to one cup of distilled (rain water can be better than tap, bottled water usually has harmful salts) water and sprayed on a paper towel could stop the musty smell. Good nose on that observation... to those small details... is your best defense during a grow.
Give the old seed more time to hydrate and make sure added nutrient is present with a whetting agent.

Theres some links in my signature with scientific references and studies on germ old seed
Best vibes for you and the seeds your propagating :ying:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
This lineage has been debunked afaik, when Sour Bubble was tested by Phylos it's closest relative by far was Bubba Kush and that's not anywhere in this lineage.

I agree wholeheartedly re: pollen, people who keep special males should be sending that shit out!
Bubblegum I think is swiss strawberry weed times NL of some kind.
Bubba kush is NL progeny so thats why are so close. 99.9% of todays strains are made of haze/sk1/nl.

beta

Veteran
Bubblegum I think is swiss strawberry weed times NL of some kind.
Bubba kush is NL progeny so thats why are so close. 99.9% of todays strains are made of haze/sk1/nl.

I don't think that would explain why Sour Bubble is also Bubba Kush's top relative in the galaxy.

Sour Bubble:
1676397388524.png

CSI Humboldt's Bubba Kush:
1676397425233.png

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here’s an example of a Sour Bubble pack from the 2005 Bx3 stock, this pack was bought on Seedbay during the first drop after Bogs disappearance late ‘09 or early’10…this is the pack type that PK and I both found unbelievably good plants in….
That’s the same stock I worked with, I had a total of 4 or 5 packs, those were bx3 + bx4 mixed packs

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That really is the question isn’t it? I personally break Sour Bubbles into 2 eras, pre 2011 and post 2011. Those who know can easily tell just by looking at them.
Yes in that 2010-2011 time frame bog selected new males from ealier bx1 & bx 2 seed stock. So all subsequent drops have been different males than those earlier bx2, bx3 & bx4 drops

goingrey

I don't think that would explain why Sour Bubble is also Bubba Kush's top relative in the galaxy.

Sour Bubble:
View attachment 18810548

View attachment 18810549
There is the story about the mixup with the tray of clones, one Sour Bubble seedrun being done with a BK mom...

VerdantGreen mentions it here https://www.icmag.com/threads/fat-bubba-bubba-bx1-and-bubba-kush-ibl.254411/

BOG denied it always, I think.

Infinitesimal

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In regard to kush lineage. And when/if it was introduced into his lines

Remember, first and foremost, BOGs Sour Bubble was a clone only selection not a seed line. A selection he originally claimed was just a rare expression from his BOGbubble (pure bubblegum) line.

It was his BOGbubble that contaminated with kush genetics via an “accidental” clone mix up.

He made a selection from his kush x BOGbubble cross and named it sour bubble. Sour bubble was a clone only kush, having smoked it and the bubble hash grown and made by BOG himself a couple times it had a very special and unique flavor and potency combo. As a mother plant it bred very true for resin quality and short flowering time. However it’s terpene profile, and unique properties to the high that BOG sour bubble mom possessed isn’t as true breeding in the seed lines. It’s actually rather rare to find.

Since the passing of BOG and the loss of his Sour Bubble mom, Sour Dubb is currently the best example of Sour Bubble genetics and it breeds pretty true for the terps and high also ;)

CannaT

Premium user

Sour Bubble:
View attachment 18810548

Maybe bubba kush is bubble gum.
Old school bubblegums were called huba bubba(maybe today they exist as bubblegum brand)so maybe bubba kush is just pheno of bubblegum somene called bubba kush.
Bubblegum is older than bubba kush..so bubbelgum cant be bubba,but bubba can ne pheno of BG.

CannaT

Premium user
In regard to kush lineage. And when/if it was introduced into his lines

Remember, first and foremost, BOGs Sour Bubble was a clone only selection not a seed line. A selection he originally claimed was just a rare expression from his BOGbubble (pure bubblegum) line.

It was his BOGbubble that contaminated with kush genetics via an “accidental” clone mix up.

He made a selection from his kush x BOGbubble cross and named it sour bubble. Sour bubble was a clone only kush, having smoked it and the bubble hash grown and made by BOG himself made from it a couple times it had a very special and unique flavor and potency combo. As a mother plant it bred very true for resin quality and short flowering time. However it’s terpene profile, and unique properties to the high that BOG sour bubble mom possessed isn’t as true breeding in the seed lines. It’s actually rather rare to find.

Since the passing of BOG and the loss of his Sour Bubble mom, Sour Dubb is currently the best example of Sour Bubble genetics and it breeds pretty true for the terps and high also ;)
My friend bought 2 packs last year of th seeds.
And he found sour pheno which can compete to any chem or bubba there is easily.
I growed it and its fucking monster extremly pungent sour with hints of bubba kush taste metalic berry with sour glue garlic....real keeper.
I didnt grew SB so its maybe bit off topic.
But I can see in Bubblegum seeds phenos that have traits of bubba kush.
And bog clearly said that his SB comes from bubblegum.
So logic say that bubba kush can be juat expectional pheno of bubblegum.

Last edited:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Maybe bubba kush is bubble gum.
Old school bubblegums were called huba bubba(maybe today they exist as bubblegum brand)so maybe bubba kush is just pheno of bubblegum somene called bubba kush.
Bubblegum is older than bubba kush..so bubbelgum cant be bubba,but bubba can ne pheno of BG.
Highly doubtful. Original Bubblegum was a clone, not a seedline. Once the Indiana Bubblegum arrived in Holland it was out crossed and bred in two different directions. THSeeds and Serious Seeds have those two original seed lines (THSeeds the broadleaf line and Serious the more skunky NLD line). Neither of these are real bubblegum since they were out crosses. The original Indiana BG clone looks nothing like Bubba.

You would have to check the time line for when the original bubba line came into being and whether it was before or after THSeeds released their bubblegum seed line.

There are a lot of broadleaf seed lines where you might find similar plants to sour bubble, it’s not impossible.. Just like it isn’t impossible for two different equatorial narrow leaf varieties that have very similar structure, smell, high etc without being related.

I’m not saying it’s impossible, just doubtful. Plus, if we are to believe the original bubba story, there’s no mention of bubble gum.