What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fat Bubba, Bubba Bx1 and Bubba Kush IBL

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i felt it was about time i told you about some of my plans for this year. As ive mentioned before i wanted (as well as the S1s) to try and make a bubba regular seedline and have been messing about with different out-crosses for a while now (in order to make a bx). the first 3 crosses were done on a small scale and weren't quite what i was looking for, but the fourth out-cross i have high hopes for and i thought i'd share it with you.

Here is a bubba plant nearly ready with, hopefully, lots of seeds in it
picture.php

The male i used belongs to my friend and member here called Leptosoma - who runs Crazy Monk Genetics, and we have been collaborating and pooling some resources over the last 6 months or so. He has an awesome looking and proven Sour Bubble male called Fat Boy that he uses in many of his great crosses :thank you:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=15470&pictureid=806604
This SB male is quite an old one and was from the time when there was the 'suspected mix-up' in BOG's trays of clones and a pre-98 bubba clone may have been used for the Sour Bubble seed run (or so the legend goes i think) anyway many people have noted the similarities between bubba kush and sour bubble over the years.

Leptosoma has also kindly given his permission for me to make a small release of the 'Fat Bubba' F1s if i get enough seeds.

After that, if all has gone well, i will find a good Fat Bubba male to Back-cross to the Bubba cut and release Bubba Kush bx1 later this year.... and then the next stage of the project will be to inbreed the bx1 for a generation, by which time i think i will be able to reasonably call it Bubba Kush IBL ;) (i think inbreeding will be better step than more back-crosses)
obviously most of this is just 'talk' at this stage, and talk is cheep, but that is the plan.

VG :tiphat:

M

mugenbao

Sounds like a very interesting project. It should be fun to see what comes from this :D

D

danny karey

Right on, sounds fun for sure.

Keep up the good work!

Danny

DrFever

Veteran
Dam looks like your heading into the right direction VG if you ever need a test grower would be glad to use my skills and knowledge to get maximum yield out of them girls as well as pictures :)

W89

Veteran
Hey VG these sound promising, yeah same as above, I know your short on space I am always in the ALSG I just forget to pop my head in here but will try to remember from now on

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

I remember reading djshort on ibl'ing a line an saying it took going to f5 before you could reasonably call it a true ibl.... fortunately bubba breeds pretty true an dominate as is, so maybe you could get away with 2 bxs for seeds to be uniform which is why people want ibl's.... seeds so uniform they grow like clones from the same mom.... even subfool touched on cube'ing a plant to get an ibl which is 4 bx's... Az

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there AzGrOw. i wouldnt call myself an expert, the IBL comment was poking a little fun at REZ who called his Chem D an IBL after 1 back-cross i think.

as mentioned above i will only bx to the bubba cut once as i believe that there will be no more benefit in multiple bx's - genetics dont work like maths and multiple bx's will not achieve anything more than the first one imo.
what i will do is start inbreeding after the back-cross and this will should a generation similar to F2 but with more bubba traits (because of the bx). i am told that this works better to fix the desired traits. this was the advice that Mr.Greengenes gave me - he has been breeding cannabis for 30-40 years and has lots of experience of doing such things.

cheers

VG

bigshawn

Interesting, can't wait for your results, I have some Bubba O Kush that I plan to do the same with your Bubba Kush S1's, anyways keep us informed on your progress and if these hit seedbay I will surly get some, love what your doing with BK its my fav as well......

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, some fat bubba seeds have gone out for testing and i'll be popping some myself in a couple of weeks.

VG

DrFever

Veteran
hey VG letting you know i am germinating a couple of them S1's for outdoor :) lets see if i can make a nice tree out of them

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
good stuff Dr - they like plenty of root space and then they grow fairly quickly.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,,love what your doing verdant,,subbed,,,keep on keeping on,,,peace and regards s2