What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking friggin' sweet!!! Those are some super fat lunkers!!!! Looks like some serious weight. Love the fade as well..

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks everybody. I have literally been feeding the plants with a hose hooked up directly to the wash tub for a several weeks now. Nothing special, just add tap water. It's the plants and the soil doing all the work.

I pulled down 2- 8oz and 1- 1lb 7oz sour dubbs. Pretty sure I can break 4lbs a bed even with dubb.

Lighting is 6- 600w gavita se now.

milkyjoe

Veteran
How much head ro you got for those gavitas? Nice idea on the 600s...never occured to me.

How can we talk you into just a little foliar?

bobblehead

Veteran
How much head ro you got for those gavitas? Nice idea on the 600s...never occured to me.

How can we talk you into just a little foliar?

My ceiling is 7.5', the beds are 18" off the ground, then give me another 12" for stem, and there's 4' for foliage that need to be a minimum of 2' from the lamps... So yeah 600's were the only way to go. Gavitas are by far the most cost effective fixtures available right now. The ballasts don't get hot at all, and they're really light. I'm impressed so far.

I would normally foliar throughout the grow, but I wasn't having the best responses in the beginning of the grow so I just skipped it this time. I think my temps were getting too high. I changed up the fans, and the gavitas are allowing for more airflow as well, so I'm pretty sure that problem is solved. I'll be back to a regular foliar schedule soon. I just got a whole gallon of Pepzyme C and some spectrum. :) I'm really gonna blow these beds up on this next grow.

bobblehead

Veteran
I forgot to say thanks to silver for coming by to help me trim that ND. After i made short work of his last harvest with my bonsai heroes, he got some testarossas... a little bit more noisy and bulky than the heroes, but together we got it all trimmed and hung in about 3.5 hours (with me stopping to cimpletely disassemble and clean my heroes), after about 1.5hs chopping and big leafing. There's at least 4lbs ND there imo. I'll know for sure soon enough.

Now i'm taking volunteers for the final dry trim... :)

oti$

Dayum bobble! That ND is thick, nice pull. I really want to try out those gavita 600/750flex over some beds, but my new basement is less than 7ft, so I don't know if I Could make it work. I'm also putting together some organic soil to give it a try once I get a couple runs in this new spot knocked out. I'm already running unproven strains atm random leary to try anything experimental until I'm in a more solid financial spot. Did I overlook the tk/sdub/gg harvest pics? Lookin good as always:D

bobblehead

Veteran
Dayum bobble! That ND is thick, nice pull. I really want to try out those gavita 600/750flex over some beds, but my new basement is less than 7ft, so I don't know if I Could make it work. I'm also putting together some organic soil to give it a try once I get a couple runs in this new spot knocked out. I'm already running unproven strains atm random leary to try anything experimental until I'm in a more solid financial spot. Did I overlook the tk/sdub/gg harvest pics? Lookin good as always:D

I didn't bother with the flex b/c even 750w is too powerful for my height. I had some bleached tips this last grow from a 1kw digital, and there's always some tacoing. Buy a few 600's and see how you like them. The reflectors are 96% efficient and only $30 to replace. Lamps last for 2 years at 95% efficiency. It's a no brainer.

GG4 was a dud- from root issues, no nematodes or phytoplasma or w/e people are making up this week. TK was actually dubb, so it turns out i pretty much ran a whole bed of dubb. I didn't take pics of that bed before i chopped. I only pulled 2.5lbs off it, but that's not too bad considering it wasn't full. I know i can get at least 4.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
that ND bed looks crazy bobble. congrats on a heavy harvey!

My ceiling is 7.5', the beds are 18" off the ground, then give me another 12" for stem, and there's 4' for foliage that need to be a minimum of 2' from the lamps... So yeah 600's were the only way to go. Gavitas are by far the most cost effective fixtures available right now. The ballasts don't get hot at all, and they're really light. I'm impressed so far.

i'm dealing with a similar height restriction. we got the gavita DE pro fixtures and tuned them down to 600w. we're shooting to keep the canopy under 4'9" which gives the plants a 24" clearance to the bulb, which is the minimum gavita recommends.

we're making it work! but we had to keep the containers on the ground, sacrificing casters or tables, and because of that bigger containers.

love the work you're doing with the beds. setting a good example!

:respect:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
GG4 was a dud- from root issues, no nematodes or phytoplasma or w/e people are making up this week.
I dont know what the hell it is but I got it. Lost some of my strains to it. Deathstar, golden goat, empress cindy and og. Not sure but I have to clean out the ones I have to tell which ones still have it. Pretty distinct once the plants get a
little bigger. The branches snap at the main stem and hang down.

Sucks ass. I had dunked all my plants to get rid off fungus
gnats and that is how it spread I believe. So I think it transfers in the roots. But who cares I will switch media and not rework it and cull the infected plants. Got dope to grow so cant worry about dead plants. I make the killing fields look like resort town when it comes to my grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts