What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

bobblehead

Veteran
Never. I only irrigate 10-15gal at a time, and monitor moisture with a tensiometer. I'm about to get some wifi drip irrigation going if i can find my big pump. I might just have to give up and buy a new one b/c I'm tired of going in the room every few days.... i have these wifi kubachi soil sensors that do a decent job of telling me when I need to irrigate. That pump is the only thing keeping me in the room right now.

maxmurder

Veteran
I didn't bother with the flex b/c even 750w is too powerful for my height. I had some bleached tips this last grow from a 1kw digital, and there's always some tacoing. Buy a few 600's and see how you like them. The reflectors are 96% efficient and only $30 to replace. Lamps last for 2 years at 95% efficiency. It's a no brainer.
just a heads up- don't throw your old 600 lamps away, i relamped a few weeks ago and found out the hard way that phillips is no longer making the green power 600 se lamps and the new one suck. they look like a low pressure sodium dark orange 400 watters, and 3 outta 4 burned out within 2 weeks. same with my buddy. the ushio 600 won't work either so basically these are useless now.
i had to replace them with the 6-750's which when controlled by the little black gavi controller ($250 i think) you can turn up to 80 lights up to 862 watts or down to 375 watts and everything in-between.
it's called the el-1 and does all kinds of cool shit like set them to dim at whatever temp you pick then another setting to shut off the lights completely if the dimming didn't work so you don't fry your room if your ac or exhaust goes out. also has a sunrise sunset setting so your lights come up to full light in what ever length of time you pick, same with sunset. other cool shit too.
i have a bunch of gave 600 se 's for sale hahahah.

maxmurder

Veteran
Never. I only irrigate 10-15gal at a time, and monitor moisture with a tensiometer. I'm about to get some wifi drip irrigation going if i can find my big pump. I might just have to give up and buy a new one b/c I'm tired of going in the room every few days.... i have these wifi kubachi soil sensors that do a decent job of telling me when I need to irrigate. That pump is the only thing keeping me in the room right now.

check out t-tape i've used it for 2 years in my greenhouse and it's the shit- i use half as much water then wand watering and it's cheap.http://www.dripworks.com/product/KDT1

milkyjoe

Veteran

I am fucking around with this model p www.irrometer.com/sensors.html to see if I can trust irrometers. In my sealed rooms I like to reclaim all of the water from a/c and dehuey. But yea if I can automate watering ang catching that water 1x week visits would be amazing

bobblehead

Veteran
just a heads up- don't throw your old 600 lamps away, i relamped a few weeks ago and found out the hard way that phillips is no longer making the green power 600 se lamps and the new one suck. they look like a low pressure sodium dark orange 400 watters, and 3 outta 4 burned out within 2 weeks. same with my buddy. the ushio 600 won't work either so basically these are useless now.
i had to replace them with the 6-750's which when controlled by the little black gavi controller ($250 i think) you can turn up to 80 lights up to 862 watts or down to 375 watts and everything in-between.
it's called the el-1 and does all kinds of cool shit like set them to dim at whatever temp you pick then another setting to shut off the lights completely if the dimming didn't work so you don't fry your room if your ac or exhaust goes out. also has a sunrise sunset setting so your lights come up to full light in what ever length of time you pick, same with sunset. other cool shit too.
i have a bunch of gave 600 se 's for sale hahahah.

Sorry about your luck. I just had a brand new philips lamp blow. I happened to have bought Gavita brand replacement lamps already, so no downtime. I plugged in a new lamp and it's just as blinding as the philips lamps imo. I guess we'll see in a couple weeks if my experience is going to be different than yours... and maybe we can strike a deal on those fixtures... ;) ha ha...

The features on the el-1 are pretty cool, but I'm ballin on a budget over here. My room is way brighter now with 3.6kw than with 4kw. I could look at the 1kw lamps with shades on. I can't look at those 600w lamps even with shades on, way too bright!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So I was talking to bubblehead and some guy broke down next to us today. I think he just wanted to hear our opinion on the .458 SOCOM that we were talking about. But hey we got him started and on his way. Then cojo calmed down some.

It is like a disaster when around this guy. Crazed animals and broken crap every where.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you don't mind Bobble....using a HI-Brix premade for these and I love it, a little Cal-Mag and horse poo (works great!)..these guy are blowing up....

GSC in back...USD x GSC in their and some UK Cheese

Chemdawg4

good to see you guys:)

HL45

Veteran
Glad to see ya around mega.

This is what I though of when I saw your plants.

[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/MEkFFRjDkvs[/YOUTUBEIF]

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is this thread dead.....Bobble.....what you got cooking this spring ..need some genetic inspiration

bobblehead

Veteran
This is a great thread - lots of good info. How are things in the garden these days bobble?

Not very good

Did you make the seed I just bought on glg for the Josie fund?

Idk, maybe. If they have my pic on a bag with gold skulls, then yes.

is this thread dead.....Bobble.....what you got cooking this spring ..need some genetic inspiration

This is a dead thread. I spend my time being a registered nurse now. I've seen brain surgery at my patients bedside, a gunshot wound to the head... yesterday i started my day off breaking most of a patient's ribs performing cpr, and later that night i helped take care of a guy who got hit by a truck while he was walking in the street. I work with some of the most intelligent people in the world, and i get to make a direct impact in the lives of my patients and their families. I love it, and as a result my garden has suffered. That's fine with me... since i'm going to make around $100k my first year on the job with all of the overtime and bonus available. Growing was always a means to an end for me, and I've finally reached the end. A happy end at that!

I've also learned the skills i need to fix up my lake house from having to fix my main house after the fire... I'm just going to cut out the floor bit by bit, replace the moldy joists, and jack up the roof. That's if i don't decide to pay someone else to do it.

The plan changed along the way, but the end result was the same. I rode the green rush until I got through school (again) and was gainfully employed. Now I just grow for fun. No more middling or worrying about when the next crop comes down. No more $1000+ electric bills! Lol.

I hope everyone is good around here. I just don't have time to get caught up in icmag drama anymore. I still pop in from time to time and see how my old buddies are doing. Take it easy!

Latest posts

Latest posts