What's new

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

bobblehead

Veteran
Did you ever try out PhotoMag ?

Nope. I took a look at the MSDS and I bought biomin powders from JH biotech for the longer shelf life. I barely use a 1/2 gallon when I foliar right now. I made a multi-mineral mix out of everything. I got 1lb of biomin everything... I made it a little heavier in what I was low on. Biomin Calcium stinks so bad!

I've only sprayed once so far, so I really can't comment on the efficacy of the mix... but all the research indicates that amino chelates are the way to go.

Plants are vegging. They're starting to fill out now so it shouldn't be much longer. The past couple grows I haven't done much foliar spraying. I'm gonna get back on it this grow and hopefully see increased vigor, health, and yield.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Right on ! Cool to make your own. SeaCrop is a pretty key ingredient. You should get a gallon of that stuff..It'll last you a long time and doesn't cost much and you can take it yourself as a mineral supplement.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Are there multiple aminos in the jh biotech or is it glycine? I use some albion amino chelates but fear that single amino. I also use ferti nitro if I need to spray N...enzymatically digested non gmo soybean...a wide variety of aminos and some peptides

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I really like jH biotech I was using it before I tried AEA ...had great results with it. The Aea stuff is just 10000x more concentrated ..not the individual micros ..those are comparable to rebound line but jH is amino chelate vs wet ball mill nanoparticle sulfate ..more stuff like cal-boro and PHT cal but the jH pours out like water.

bobblehead

Veteran
Right on ! Cool to make your own. SeaCrop is a pretty key ingredient. You should get a gallon of that stuff..It'll last you a long time and doesn't cost much and you can take it yourself as a mineral supplement.

Yeah I have a full gallon of Sea Crop on standby for when I finish up the one I'm currently using. Good stuff. I put 3mL in my morning coffee.

Are there multiple aminos in the jh biotech or is it glycine? I use some albion amino chelates but fear that single amino. I also use ferti nitro if I need to spray N...enzymatically digested non gmo soybean...a wide variety of aminos and some peptides

Single amino on JH too with citric acid as well

Yes single amino. I have ferti nitro also. I wouldn't fear a single amino. Once inside the plant aminos can be altered to become a different amino. You can make any of the 200+ amino acids found in nature out of the 10 essential amino acids. Glycine is non-essential but can be restructured to other forms nonetheless.

I really like jH biotech I was using it before I tried AEA ...had great results with it. The Aea stuff is just 10000x more concentrated ..not the individual micros ..those are comparable to rebound line but jH is amino chelate vs wet ball mill nanoparticle sulfate ..more stuff like cal-boro and PHT cal but the jH pours out like water.

I thought about calling up the AEA people, but I just can't see myself using even their smallest quantity within a year. From what I read, liquids are good for a year, and powders are good for 3 years. Luckily the MSDS is available for all their products and I can at least make an educated guess as to the quantity to use.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Thanks for that knowledge. I like your plan...I personally do not like spraying non soluble stuff. That will alter my thinking.

I drink sea crop myself...along with all kinds of fat in my coffee.

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks for that knowledge. I like your plan...I personally do not like spraying non soluble stuff. That will alter my thinking.

What are you referring to being non-soluble? Those biomin powders dissolve real easy. The humic acid is what's always clogging up my sprayer....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Buttered caffeine?

milkyjoe

Veteran
Buttered caffeine?

Actually turbocharged. The medium chain triglycerides get you jacked without the jitters. Try a teaspoon of coconut oil. Start slow though...your system will rebel til it gets use to fat as its energy source

bobblehead

Veteran
I haven't updated in a while... Just been busy.

That last biomin foliar spray didn't have good results. I think it was too strong. For now I'm just going to let them recover and when they're happy again I'll use a more dilute spray. I've never seen a 4 leaf clover until today... or a 5 leaf clover for that matter. I blame it on the stress.
picture.php

Sour Dubb- super slow to veg! I probably won't run it in the beds anymore.
picture.php

Nightmare Diesel- showing Ca burn
picture.php

TK- also not happy
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
I haven't got around to painting yet. I'm going to get it done tomorrow for sure. Like I said, I've just been busy with other things.

Nightmare Diesel
picture.php

Sour Dubb on the far end, TK up front, and there's a GG#4 in the middle that can't be seen well b/c I snapped the top today putting down trellis. :(
picture.php

Anyway... It's coming along. I really need to get better at cloning so I can monocrop. TK or GG#4 would be great candidates. Personally I would choose TK over GG#4. I'll have to run them both more to see how they compare.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actually turbocharged. The medium chain triglycerides get you jacked without the jitters. Try a teaspoon of coconut oil. Start slow though...your system will rebel til it gets use to fat as its energy source

Interesting, I'll give it a go. Just figured out it's the MCT's in coconut oil that's creating the foam any time I try to fry with it. If only chicken and pork weren't so delicious cooked that way. Getting way off topic here though hehe.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I really need to get better at cloning so I can monocrop.

From your reading, or your experience, can you comment on the idea that a bed of genetically identical clones will do better than a bed of differing genotypes, because plants are more stressed when their roots encounter the roots of others that are different?

bobblehead

Veteran
From your reading, or your experience, can you comment on the idea that a bed of genetically identical clones will do better than a bed of differing genotypes, because plants are more stressed when their roots encounter the roots of others that are different?

Plants growing near other plants causes them to grow faster, they don't even have to share the same soil. Being near each other is enough to stimulate growth. The positive side of using clones is that they will all react the same. When using different cultivars, some will outgrow others. For example, the clovers, yarrow, and random flowers growing in my beds are easily shaded out by the cannabis. Sativa dominant cannabis will attempt to shade out the indica dominant plants that can't keep up with the rapid growth of the sativas.

Looking back on my various grows... I've always done better with one cultivar in a bed. I've done it with Headband, Golden Goat, Straw DD, Deathstar, and now Nightmare Diesel. This ND bed might break some personal records. Not my favorite smoke, but it's a damn good plant.

Good question!