What's new

Blue's.. Uk Clone (Constructive & Structured comments please)

SuperConductor

Veteran
I WOULD LOVE TO GRIP VRG BY HIS EARS AND SHAG HIS HEAD
totally bollocks every gangbanger hustler and random joe can get hold of cheese and blues round here, on that site they turn your message into spam if you ask people for information about a strain from a different company

I'm pretty sure it's already been cleared up but that's taken out of context, he meant out of the people on his board that guy was the only one who had the real cut.

If you still want to shag his head he posted on the last page, pm him.

chizzleonetime

fair enough about on the board but c'mon he still like hitler on crack as a mod , anyway i didnt mean i physically want to shag the guys head, just find it a lil annoying the 'tactics' the mods use, im not fussed anyway im on a new site now where you can talk about ANY breeder even though the site has its own SHOP and also seed trading is fully allowed on the boards , uk420? no thanks never really seen much useful information on there and find it embarassing how stupid and fascist some of us can be........... anyway on blues how many days does everyone give there cut? ive tried it at 63 and 70 and i gotta say i prefer it a little late , although it tastes a lil nicer on time

indifferent

Veteran
I gave up on uk420 after I was advised by several people including a couple of mods to feed veg nutes until 2 weeks before chop otherwise my buds would taste harsh. Bloom nutes making buds taste harsh? New one on me. Then I got absolutely slated for suggesting someone try Plagron Alga Bloom because it's not 100% organic when he had asked if anyone knew a good organic bloom booster.

cannaboy

If the guys at UGORG want to put up some freebies first for growers to gethold of as you can't buy there seed things, we all tried so now we/I make our own and send some in.
as we already have base genetics our clones have already been sprayed,
We smokesd some of the UGORG crosses a while back but I have a real good name for it LEGENDARY.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Then I got absolutely slated for suggesting someone try Plagron Alga Bloom because it's not 100% organic when he had asked if anyone knew a good organic bloom booster.

some of those organic dudes can be a bit like 'Hitler on crack' can't they. Just last week a very good friend of mine, who's frankly crap at growing weed, almost hit me with a ladel thing that he had half sculpted out of a branch (you couldn't make it up but i swear it's true) when i told him (for the 1000th time) that no i didn't want to consult his Anthroposophical Northern Planting time calender, no i do not want to grow weed astrologically as IMO astrology is bollox, no i don't want to dry my weed ina fucking pyramid.
Soz about the rant guys but i've just relocated from a busy inner city frontline to New Age central out in the country and it's doing my head in
yo
eddieS

indifferent

Veteran
I feel ya Eddie, I'm a country boy but there's nowt new age round ere, it's more like the 1970s!

I remember back on overgrow someone started a thread all about consulting astrological charts to know when to harvest for the correct metaphysical vibrations creating the desired effect in the bud when smoked. I posted what bollocks, get a loupe and check your triches, they will tell you when to harvest. Well, cue huge flamewar.

uk420 is a clique, not friendly or open to new members or ideas, many people have found it hostile, which surely is not right for a weed forum?

SuperConductor

Veteran
But man... a pyramid man... lol that's quality. But Indifferent mate we could all learn a lot from those boys growing wise and they are right about phophorous making smoke shit as it's a fire retardant!
The technique they preach with bio-biz nutes and similar is to cut the bloom out towards the last week or so while giving very low doses of grow to keep the plant from starving so it continues to produce while still allowing it to use what it's got stored. Personally i think it's a much better technique than overfeeding all the way through then desperately trying to 'flush' what you've pumped into them by starving them for the last 3 weeks which makes no sense to me

Don't know why i always end up defending them as I jumped ship years ago (still lurk sometimes tho) I just can't stand all the inter-board bollox. Fact is they can grow (check Verge's Blues on previous page) and it's probably the best place to learn the basics because of the very fact that they're so strict about it.

Another fact is many people don't find it hostile so let them enjoy themselves I say.

made this small as it's nowt to do wi the thread

indifferent

Veteran
Yeah, phos, cal and mag are the worst things for making buds harsh, phos is horrid, but can honestly say I've never produced a bud that didn't burn right.

I think the whole argument I had there over bloom feeding was down to a completely different approach, I like to cut out all N after a certain point in flowering and have never seen the point in feeding n past that point, you just end up with leafy buds and prolonged flowering.

I do think quite a few of the biobizz grows I've seen tend to be leafier plants and they tend to flower em 5-10 days longer than a lot of other growers. I can see there arguments for how they do things, but it just goes contrary to how I learnt to do things.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
hahaha-not dissing anyone who's into all that. I'm all for esoteric research-but it's not my way atm and it can all get a bit too much.

i've not been on uk420 for several years so i don't know what it's like now

i'm not sure about pk /taste thing either

indifferent

Veteran
I'm not sure either mate but over there it wasn't a case of I have my viewpoint and you have yours, let's discuss, it was a case of gang up on me for daring to disagree.

bens lab

It's as hostile and cliquey as ever. I did try 4 different females of the ugorg killerskunk, its fairly good stinky weed, fruity & hashy, but nothing amazing. nl x bb i had before was similar but alot better all round.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I n I got the taste :D

This Blues tastes much like that Banana flavoured molasses hookah tobacco... at the top end of the joint :joint:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the blue is my fave,,thats for sure:),,,,,peeps go mad for it,,,peeps go mad growing it too,,,,,,stinky stinky!!:)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice thread guys, I have come to respect alot of the posters that I see have contributed to this thread (and others) for their knowledge of the UK scene, which reads like a good story to me as I seem to be oblivious/ far removed to most of what I have read here and the goings on in general.

I first seen that cheese bud (quejo or whatever his name is) posted back on OG also and was like daaaamnn! Wanted that shit like yesterday, but my circle is very tight like me and another dewd I know that grows tight. Apart from that I don't know any growers except those I speak to on forums like this :jump:
I'm in and out of the growshop like it was a robbery :D

When I finally got round to tasting this 'Cheese' I had seen pics of it came under a different name totally nothing I have heard mentioned thus far, so I won't muddy the waters further :dunno: Anyway, needless to say was some of the best shit I smoked (was smoking generic dutch import, power plant etc from dealers then). Still haven't laid my hands on the damn clone! Lol, but I had a long hiatus from growing/ smokin getting my shit in order as we all have to from time to time...

Reading these threads and seeing the end product of these clones has got the ol green eyed monster in me workin over time :lightning: and as I really need to get a mother or 2 on the go I have decided to grow from seed for the next lot. If I can't get any of the original elites in cutting form, then I'll have to find me own :violin: lol.

I would appreciate any comments or critique you guys could give on my strain choices, a little off track in terms of the thread but I hope it's all good OP sorry for the mini hijack! I promise to have a blues cross in there also =] to keep the thread somewhat on track. I'm hoping to find something very representative of the elite cut these strains are representing or with regard to the crosses something exciting at least.

1. Chunky Cheese from Sagmartha (fems) 10 seeds
Said to be a select cut of Big Buddha's chosen for taste & yield. From what I can ascertain BBC is probably the closest thing to the cheese cut I will find in seed form? Fairly stable and produces 'Cheese-like' pheno's, from what I have read. I am ready to be corrected though ;)

2. Bubble Cheese from Big Buddha (fems) 10 seeds
Described as an 'old school Bubblegum' crossed with the O.G Exodus Cheese cut, then ths was accidentally crossed hit with some stray reversed Bubba Kush pollen. (Sounds similar the story of Sour D, lol!) Might find a stellar one in this lot?

3. Killer Skunk from UGORG - (regular) 20 seeds
Sounds and looks like good shit from all reports.

4. Yumboldt from Sagmartha (fems) 10 seeds
Cheers indifferent! Sounds like a good yielding solid 'cheese-esque' strain. Not related as I understand it.

5. Kings Kush from GHS (fems) 10 seeds
bit of US elite as well, OG kush x grape? Sounds the part

Also already have OG Kush & OG18 (fems) 20 seeds from Reserva Privada (aka DNA) that I will try as well.

Would really like a Haze based strain that would be done in 9 weeks as my patience is pretty much run out by that point :D So that's on the back burner for now, I expect most of those I chose will be ready or ready enuff :D by 9 weeks and I won't keep anything that takes any longer unless it can be taken at 9 weeks and is stellar!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
try bigbuddahs bluecheese,,,,

id say a good BB`s Bluecheese pheno is easly just as good as the cheese clone itself

Latest posts

Latest posts