What's new

Blue's.. Uk Clone (Constructive & Structured comments please)

chizzleonetime

i dont know rick , well grown blue cheese can be amazing but the taste never seems to be as nice imo as well grown cheese ive had ,a good pheno can be more potent than cheese and have a much nicer high, last decent bit of blue cheddar i had was VERY potent almost trippy , got the cut now :)
neither are a nice as the blues,,, if i could take one cut on a desert island it would totally be my blues

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I'm doing something now which my mate was told is blue cheese, this is one of 2 cuts that he got, the other being what he was told is OJD's cut of SSSDH, sure smells great! Not like the standard SSH, which is also very nice... so it may well be.

Anyway, the cut I am doing is not smelling really cheesey right now, more musky fruity hash, although one has started to let of a funk like smell @ 6 weeks in. It doesn't look like any of the Blue Cheese pics I see either, so I dunno...

Maybe the BBC is the way to go with a sprinkle of Blue Cheese... I am sure running a fair few would find a special girl or 2? The killer has definitely got my attention with all this talk of the blues though.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh chiz,,,id probbly take the blue over bluecheese too ,,,,but nowadays after growing the cheese clone for donkyeys years,,, i personly feel [to me] the bluecheese seedline is more interesting than the cheese clone itself

chizzleonetime

fair enough i guess i dont smoke cheese no where near as often as you rick all i ever get is blue cheese blues and some very mongy potent blueberry that all the kids are selling as blues

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its all a subjective thing:)

imo the cheese is lacking in flava ,but then again most weed aint asgood as cheese,,,the cheeses afghan trait is number 1 on my list of keepertraits

verge

3. Killer Skunk from UGORG - (regular) 20 seeds
Sounds and looks like good shit from all reports.

Smart choice Shhh, with 20 seeds I can pretty much gaurantee you will find a very fair representation of blues, and probably something even better.. Good luck with them! :)

Your gonna have one very smelly growroom, thats for sure!

KillerSkunk @ 50 days..

its all a subjective thing:)

imo the cheese is lacking in flava ,but then again most weed aint asgood as cheese,,,the cheeses afghan trait is number 1 on my list of keepertraits

I agree rick, see I wouldn't say it lacked in flavour (unless your comparing it to blues) but its most definitely lacking in the high department and anything resembling any sort of vigour. I dont even keep a mum of it anymore.

blues @ 50 days..

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
KillerSkunk @ 50 days..

blues @ 50 days..

They look the same.. are you sure you dint mix the labels up..lol

Both show the Blues trait,, that racing calyx that stonks out the top... :yes:

Suggesting that Blues is another Skunk #1 cross,,,

,, so why doesn't Cheese do this?

Recessive trait? or a different cut completely,, that tastes the same?

The mind boggles...

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
That's a pretty plant verge, I will be picking those up soon ;) Hopefully something like the blues can be found, better would be great! There's enough info here and helpful dewds to point me in the right direction once they get going.

I am smoking some very nice organic BB cheese now that my mate done, he gave me a few buds of it that he received with the clone - grown on NFT and they were totally different taste and look wise to his, I prefer his. He used molasses & bio bizz nutes in bio bizz soil, good old flush seems to have brought out some nice flavours.

verge

lol thanks doc!

I think although cheese and blues are similar their still worlds apart. Cheese has a much heavier indica type stone whereas the blues has a more complex psycoactive side to it. That said, you probably wouldnt be calling someone a liar if they told you they both came out of the same packet of seeds. lol i.e two different phenotypes of skunk. Who knows? The only way to see the true difference between blues and cheese is to grow them and dry them side by side.

The cheese does stack up top but tends to have fatter diamond shaped calyx that dont quite explode so much. I did have some pics but im struggling to find them just now.

Check out the calyx explosion when combined with one of our blueberry studs..

SmellyBerry about 50 Days 12/12..

Most of what is sold on the streets as blues or cheese quite simply isn't.
Between them they have taken over from skunk as the generic name for smelly weed.

schizobot

smoked the blues for a while around the manchester area , and although it does have a nice taste and neat soapy kinda berry smell to it , the high in my opinion is nuthing to write home about.
The smoke is mellow , calming , relaxing and makes ya think a bit , but the tolerance build is what really brings it down imo.
Now i didnt grow those buds myself , so that aint really a fair comment abt the particular strain or its ability , just what i thought of it.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only way to see the true difference between blues and cheese is to grow them and dry them side by side.

picture.php

Side by side the difference are distinct. Cheese is musky, whereas Blues is sweet. Blues also yields more than Cheese does,, from what we've seen.

We've got them both growing side by side from the same size/age clone now ,,, to see exactly what the difference in patterns of growth is like between specimens.

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
That's a good shot of the 2 doc, from the pics I have seen of them growing the buds are very representative of what the individual plants pllok like growing, cheese = diamond buds, blues = Tower of Babel :D Long slender foxtails which seemto to reach for the sky.

I am ordering both Kings Kush & BBC (fems) and some Killer Skunk (20) to find something akin to the blues, will also do some Bubble cheese too. I plan to run at least 30 of the kings kush and 30 BBC should find a killer mom in that lot, will keep yas posted...

K

kopite

Re Blues:

Has anyone grown Sweet Blue aka Sweetest Sativa (dolce ?) and Blues (the new stuff)? the 2 seem very sim to me?

Kopite

chizzleonetime

schizobot you may have been sold blue cheese or berry, alot of peeps sell anything blue as blues, blues flowered for 10 week is rather potent not mellow, you get a well grown sample of blues and it has a sickly sweet berry smell no where near as earthy as blueberry and taste is bliss

K

kopite

Blues is just what you call the "Livers" .

Hope this helps

The "Blues" we get now is very different to what we used to get way back having recently tasted some.. infact I'd say it was just Sweet Blue etc.. i've taken the pic from the 1st post on this thread and compared to SOL's Sweet Blue pic... also look how many times sweet is mentioned in descriptions...

Kopite

Attachments

• sol_sweetblue.jpg
    sol_sweetblue.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 9
  • blues......jpg
    blues......jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 10

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hay Kopite,,its good to see your taking an intrest:):),,,,,,yeh man,, my best discription of the blues clone is "sweet",, almost candylike skunk,,"floral" ,,overall i see aco.gold and afghan traits similar to the cheese clone,,,,but the candy trait seems unique to the blue clone!!,,

i think the Blues clone is slightly older than the SweetBlue line, but i might be wrong,,,it seems the blues clone has been around 15/20 years ,,,

when did sol start sellin sweetblue??

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
last year i had an awesome clone
it stank like nothing ive ever smelled before
a hint of something sweet but nothing like blue berry
it was dominated in smell by something rotten which i really cant describe
it was labelled exodus cheese but from what ive heard and seen from ppl having the exodus cut it wasnt exodus
it yielded way more than exodus is known for, also apart from a little stretch before buds really started to swell it grw more like an indica dominated hybrid'

yields where very good and so was potency and smell

every one ive passed samples to in my area says they have never smelled or smoked something similar and wanted more
sadly i lost the clone last year as i had a very hectic period with corn fields harvest, fields getting busted by cops, having to harvest both green house and garden also at the same time as i had brake ins by pot thieves several times
i ended up getting a very good guard dog but the clones where taken too late from the greenhouse and put to reveg in a room that was too cold so they all died

i should be getting that clone back again from another source and from what ppl tell me its more likely to be the Blues Rather than Exodus cheese as i was first told

sadly i dont have many pix of her but there will be if the clone i should be getting very soon turns out to be the same as i had last year

K

kopite

i think the Blues clone is slightly older than the SweetBlue line, but i might be wrong,,,it seems the blues clone has been around 15/20 years ,,,

when did sol start sellin sweetblue??

that was my point Rick, what we used to smoke was different to what I was given recently, but it might just of been what I was given....

Kopite

Latest posts

Latest posts