What's new

Blue's.. Uk Clone (Constructive & Structured comments please)

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All we know ,, is that Blues grows fatter / wider / heavier than Cheese.. and the Cheese gives an impotent buzz,, while Blues is more uplifting... otherwise one could pass for another in a baggie,, we've been more than confused before :joint:

samples by cannaboy
picture.php

.. if in doubt,, then check out the maturity on date and the phyllotaxy... :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the feedback guys. havent spoken to LLP about it directly. its a good cut whatever it is.

scrogging probably makes it look a bit less stretchy? (actually stretch quite a bit but the way i grow everything stretches a lot which is good for scrog)

im not very good at the aromas - i grow with bat guano which really cooks up a lot of terpenes it seems - i just havent got the best nose to identify them :D

yours looks nice rick.

anyone else??

SuperConductor

Veteran
Just to confuse things here's my cheese. Has a more parmesan cheesey top with a sweet berry type undertone on her definitely got the impotent high lol smell and flavour makes up for it in my book. I think VG's could be the same cut but remember he's getting 2gpw so his buds will be more swollen and like he says the organic stuff makes a difference to smell and taste.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
someone just mentiond to me that the bluese might be 1 in the same as the fruity cheese,,,ive never tried the fruity cheese,,,any1 grown the fruity cheese?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fruity Cheese,,, for god's sake dont confuse things rick.. lol
We already got Cheese, Big Buddha's Cheese,, Psychosis,, Blues,, Livers,, x100 crosses,, pray dont say there's a 'Fruity Cheese' now.

... how do we know if the Cheese is fruity or not?

Keep representing the UK best you can ppl,,
.. with peace, love n sticky flowers :D

We LOVE it!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeh doc,,,sorry to say it:),,,,but i think there is a fruitycheese,,:),,,,,,indifferent is the dude who sparked my memeory off,,,,its like cheese but fruity,,,sounds like the blues but its SO SO hard to understand the exact ins and outs

the blues is min tho:),,,,,blues is like cheese`s partner in crime:),,,,,the stinky sisters,,,:)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey SC - i think your one has more than 5 blades on the leaf and mine never did (i was surprised about this myself)

i didnt get 2g/watt - havent quite broken that barrier yet except with 15 week sativa lol

i got 1.3 and 1.4 g/watt from the 2 scrogs which is just above average for my method.

yeah its sweet fruity smelling but not berry imo but its very personal.

i think LLP keeps 2 different uk cheese clones - and the blues too

high wise i wouldnt say it was impotent or boring - but it does make my misses talk like there's no tomorrow (the BB cheese did this also). not a dissapointing high for me and i have smoked quite a lot of good weed in the last 20 years or so - and some shit soap lol

its all so personal what tastes and smells are though

V.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its all so personal what tastes and smells are though

V.

:yes: Too true,, the environ ,, approach ,, and how its been grown also take play :canabis:

,,,,,blues is like cheese`s partner in crime:),,,,,the stinky sisters,,,:)

Psychosis is closer to Cheese IMO,, (we blown them all,, and grown most) ,, lol

Psycho's Sister [LLP] is the "Sister" buddy .. :rasta:

My guess,, Blues is another cross,, :joint:

Peace n love

indifferent

Veteran
Those pics from SuperConductor look like Psychosis or Suicide Cheese - a bit chunkier than Exodus Cheese and a bit frostier.

Twas me that was saying that the blues may well be the same cut as the 'Berry Cheese' as I call it, which is the fruity berry tasting cheese cut that circulates in the NW.

The problem is that there is a whole group of cuts that are very similar, you can easily confuse them, especially in bud form. The Exodus Cheese is the easiest one to spot usually as it has a less chunky bud structure to it and the dry dusty, sweaty, parmesan smell is always there and strong. I actually think the Psychosis, Berry Cheese, Blues and Suicide Cheese are all better cuts than the Exodus Cheese and it was the Exodus that popularised super stinky weeds, the others probably all came along later and became popular and passed around because they shared a high level of stankiness.

I personally think Cheese is a southern thing and has only been widely grown up north in the last 5 years, whereas Blues has been around up here for a long time and spread south more recently. Certainly there has been a commercial variety very like Blues or Berry Cheese around up here for as long as I've been growing but I never knew of any other name for it other than Skunk until maybe 4-5 years ago. That sort of commercial weed was around up here back when the only other names you heard attached to commercial bags was northern lights or widow. First time I heard the name Cheese was 2004 on OG, I think before that it was mostly to be found in the SE, I know folks in the midlands first got hold of it in 2001-2 after many years of trying to get 'the london boys' as they always refer to em to sell them a cut.

I know there was Blues coming out of Liverpool in the late 90s, but I didn't know that until recently, I saw a lot of skunk from Liverpool back then, a lot passed through my hands but I don't remember anyone calling it Blues, recently I was told it was Blues, I just remember it as a good fruity skunk.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive got this two ronnies sketch about all the different cheeses going round my head now. it smokes well which ever one it is :D

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what about LLP`s psycho berry,,,,,,i wonder how that1 fits into the picture,,,

its DEFO all skunky,,,they all share traits!!,,,,,

all us tobaco smokers love it:).........

i think this strong smell is something special to us tobaco smoker:)

the UK is mint init!!:)

SuperConductor

Veteran
Yeah sorry VG I overestimated you there :redface: reckon i was thinking of HR, but you are pretty good with your organics tho ;)

Those pics I posted are macros mind the buds weren't very chunky at all really, certainly not very dense. The 5+ finger thing could be down to them being untopped maybe? Don't see that often so it may give them the chance for more fingers, dunno.

Would be great if we could trace lineage of these cuts without all the details spilling out :thinking: Could all these differences just be down to environment? Would also be great if we could swap buds to compare but posting this stuff is not advised lol (a friend get busted this way recently :( so be careful when sending to people with grows on)

I have a psycho cut on the go too and it smells similar but more piney maybe? Less sweet more astringent i think.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think environment and soil have a huge influence on the way they look - i guess cuts will grow as different phenotypes in different places.

just cutting the soil with 20% coco was enough to make my two grown side by side look like different strains.

p.s. not saying i'm the worlds best manicurist but if i trimmed my buds as little as HR i might get 2g/watt as well ;)

V. :D

bullseye

some nice cheese and blue cuts down my end .also one we call stinky think its S4 tried it of different growers and only 1 stunk like you describe the smelly one, tight rock hard buds all swollen and frosty smells like fuity candy it stinks. keep them nice genetics going dudes.

indifferent

Veteran
Heath knew his stuff but the tree grow he claimed those high gpw numbers on was Chronic and that always yields good but it's leafy as hell and I reckon heath weighed it without trimming it, just pluck the fans off, dry it and shift it. gram of leaf in an eighth type deal. lol Not knocking his skills, but he often grew what I would class as mid-grade commersh.

lovelightpower

Veteran
just to clear up, verdants cut is the same cut passed from rick. ie;cheese.

i had two cuts of cheese; ricks cut (which says is the original) and the another cut which is also the original. but ricks cut yields more, so i passed that to verdant. they do have different flavours, but i just think that it's the same cut thats been passed in different circle and aquired different diseases, pests, problems and enviroments and thus slowly the flavour and vigour of the plant has changed. just a theory.

but i've not tried the blues, hoping to in the near future.

excelent thread guys, respect.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my cut is the lowest yealding plant ive ever had in my life bro,,,,,id cry my eyes out if anything yealded less:)

chizzleonetime

on the berry cheese , i too see 2 diff cuts of cheese one with a slight berry influence and the other with more of a foot/cheese odour
but i wouldnt say it was the same as the blues that i am getting , blues seems a lot sweeter berry candy on the palate and the taste sticks to the mouth more, one of my mates has blues and the slight berry cheese cut and they are definetely different! tempted to get the berry cheese and do a side by side.
blues is the staple bud of my area, had a cut for three weeks now, got cuts rooting for flower now I will post a couple of pics when they are in flower
'some nice cheese and blue cuts down my end .also one we call stinky think its S4 tried it of different growers and only 1 stunk like you describe the smelly one, tight rock hard buds all swollen and frosty smells like fruity candy it stinks. keep them nice genetics going dudes'

bullseye mate you gotta be frighteningly close to me you the only person i have seen on here who knows what s4 is, some fruity stinky candy shit! plus i know where its coming from :) should be getting hold of a cut soon, last cuts i got of s4 had spider mites, bullseye you seen the g13 x widow cut or icewidow cuts that are running in our general area?

K

kopite

I know there was Blues coming out of Liverpool in the late 90s, but I didn't know that until recently, I saw a lot of skunk from Liverpool back then, a lot passed through my hands but I don't remember anyone calling it Blues, recently I was told it was Blues, I just remember it as a good fruity skunk.

the good ole days haha.....