What's new

BLUE DREAM .. honest opinions

jmzjoejoe

I'm running a single outdoor blue dream. She's at 8 weeks now I'm definitely pulling her to 11.

Entire plant is frosted over. I have her in a 25 gallon tub. Sitting about 4 ft tall rIght now.

I'm in SF bay area
Frosted over sounds good. What are you looking for with the extra time?

Do you think you'll complete the 11 weeks or harvest at the beginning of week 11?

jmzjoejoe

heres my 2 cents, theres a couple different phenos ive seen.

bd1=smells like more of the blueberrie side. high ok.....

bd2= smells like more of the haze side. high better.....

bd3= smell like blueberrie soap.the high is amazing on this one.

over all the strain is ok but needs something more to her.

Are these pheno attributes with the "Santa Cruz" cuts?

We are at the beginning of week 4 flowering, the smell is not very strong yet but seems equal in haze to blueberrie ratios, can you suggest any visual characteristics to look for to differentiate phenos?

I'm not sure about how blueberrie soap smells.

Last edited:

Turbo_Stoner

Frosted over sounds good. What are you looking for with the extra time?

Do you think you'll complete the 11 weeks or harvest at the beginning of week 11?
not waiting for anything really, still seems to be going like a champ so im going to just let her run it out.

i'll try n get some pics up. not sure how to do so im afraid to host any on usual photo sites ha

SpaceKiller

"smokes like a dream" couldnt have been said better msyelf, blue dream is one of my favorite strains for reasons im sure you will find out. its not even worth questioning it, just grow it and be amazed.

i cant completely agree with snow. ive notice because cali is so flooded there are certain qualities i miss from nugs ive gotten from smaller growers who can focus more on quality than just overall yield and trying to make a business out of it. i personally feel like cali bud is so over rated. i guess i get tired of feeling like cali owns the cannabis world or something, to me its been proven otherwise by smaller growers here locally many times, so ill stick with that.

i could never dog this strain as its name suites it to well and it is worth every penny, i feel bad for people who arent getting the best out of it and feel that its not really that great to be talking about but ive gone through a lot of shit and blue dream still always sticks with me.

as said before by some id love to see more people make unique crosses with this strain, if i can ever become a breeder my main focus will be blue dream crosses, jack herer crosses, sweet tooth crosses, cheese crosses and of course super lemon haze crosses. i also really want to focus on unique autos with potency as high as any other loved strain.

if i had to pick on what i could breed for life only it would be cheese for me, i just love the cheese! where big buddha at! much love brother.

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
871339358_5572aaff1b.jpg

hay weed at best imo

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Very interesting thread. Enlightening.

I sometimes think a lot of you in Cali are seriously fickle and the flavor of the week is king for a day. If a person could predict the flavor of week they would be rich.

But the comments about power say a lot. Smell and Taste are cool, but we smoke it for the power.

Thank everyone for this good thread.

jmzjoejoe

not waiting for anything really, still seems to be going like a champ so im going to just let her run it out.

i'll try n get some pics up. not sure how to do so im afraid to host any on usual photo sites ha
Cool thanks.

Yeh I know what you mean. I'm gonna try to be patient and now I know it will pay dividends with this strain.

Thanks for the info you all share.

Peaceage

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the best shit is the Blue Knight out of the 530 northern california....its some kind of blueberry x purple.....nugs are dark purple colored very strong smell....

i like blue dream its good commercial weed but not something i keep a stash jar of around...the smell is nice and it will stink up a rooom like incense...ive seen so many different kinds some fluffy some dense...heres one sample from a friend who grew in coco...
picture.php

and a fluffier pheno from same grower he calls this one the blueberry haze..
picture.php

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
frank u crack me up its not that bad lol but ya sativa grows def speak for itsself ... i like my blue dream drag and hazes they are very enjoyable smoke but if ur lookin to get fuctup ya better have a bunch its more of a functional enjoyable social smoke ... they make bubba og and bunch others thatll get ya there but havin a blue around is always great ...
jmz im sure ur gonna like it its exactly what ur lookin for...
im smokin a fatty of blue haze right now awesome pix bro
peace

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
its definately not hay, however alot of commercial guys run blue dream thats why you see a bunch of bad examples on the market.....ive definately seen some 6 week blue dream that looked like hay. but i like blue dream beasters more than purple beasters....at 6-7 weeks at least blue dream beasters have a good smell like incense ....the purple beasters are real bland and nothing special at the same time frame..

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Its not hay when grown right but its a boring buzz to me. IMHO IF weed was legalized it would probably be the strain ran by big corp. It has appeal in all depts except buzz, but thats just me. She is a good grower as long as you keep her clean, spider mites love blue dream in particular for some reason. :joint:

m4n

I'll post some pics of some Blue Dream I got today later on tonight around 8...by far the best batch I've gotten by this grower...3+ years and switched to soil...let it go 9 weeks, flavor is more noticable...but yes I gotta agree, commercial strain that's why you see a lot of bad examples of it out there...

jmzjoejoe

I'm coming up on 9 weeks complete.
Have flushed two weeks.
Had to cut a few top colas due to mold.
Lots of yellow leaves, which I am removing.
It looks tempting to cut at nine. Sorta don't want to risk more mold as days are getting shorter and cooler and I don't have total control of my space.
If it's good but not amazing, the extra 10 or 20 days wouldn't make so much of a difference anyway.
I'm thinking I'll leave some lowers though and see what an extra week would do.

cmoney_bags

Anyone ever had bluberryhaze from Homegrown Fantaseed? I had a cut of that years ago that had same characteristics blueberry muffin haze smell.Just like a inscence.Boy do i miss her.Wonder if the seeds are the same from when they won the cup.

smokefrogg

Veteran
arguing online with a friend about this, apparently he chopped a 10 week blue dream done under a 1k just a bit ago, he claims that due to it being under a 1k it is therefore stronger and more powerful than my 16 week thai ever was under the dinky 250 watt hps, i just laughed, blue dream is nice but for those who have ever had a gnarly wake your ass up kind of sativa it really is apples and oranges

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
arguing online with a friend about this, apparently he chopped a 10 week blue dream done under a 1k just a bit ago, he claims that due to it being under a 1k it is therefore stronger and more powerful than my 16 week thai ever was under the dinky 250 watt hps, i just laughed, blue dream is nice but for those who have ever had a gnarly wake your ass up kind of sativa it really is apples and oranges

Tell your friend to stop mixing crack with his blue dream...

jd4083

Veteran
tasty, pleasant to smoke, and great bag appeal if done right...like smoking beasters if done poorly

guess that's pretty much any strain though, so idk. never grown it myself, although I can't say I would mind if someone dropped a few clones off, as my buddies who do run it/have in the past rave about how huge the yields are

Latest posts

Latest posts