What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE DREAM .. honest opinions

MtnLivin

You also got to switch up your smoke i dont care what it is if you smoke it all the time you are going to build up a tolerance too it

Negative.. I smoke multiple strains everyday.. Blue Dream just doesn't have the potency as others.. My Triple OG, now that I cannot build a tolerance to no matter how much I smoke..

R3ZNH3AD

It also depends if you have the REAL DEAL BlueDream from Santa Cruz... I grew up in Santa Cruz and I know I have the real deal... I like this strain it has great bag appeal, the nugs are big and chunky, has great smell, the high depends on how well it's grown... Their are other so called cut's calling them selves bluedream they are fakes and are sold at most dispensaries in Oak town... As far as the so called Kush it's everywhere, all the stupid made up names Kush this Kush that... What people are calling Kush is not even Kush,... BlueDream has potential... as a base plant, strong foundation... Just need to alter THC, CBD structure and build upon the good characteristics that the Dream has to offer... EX. BlueDreamXPre 98 Jack H...

C

Chong_Irie

yup the best BD i had came from Santa Cruz area before it was seen everywhere, like 3 or 4 years ago..it's good herb if done right.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
beyond flooded in Cali with it.....

so flooded there that it's been all over the East Coast heavy for the last 10 months.
Sounds like it just needs to be crossed with a powerhouse like sour diesel or chemdawg to add some raw potency and get rid of that ceiling...

there a cross blue dragon (Blue DreamxSour D) that I smoked this winter from out in cali, I liked that alot better than the blue dream on its own.

Smells good, big nugs that are easy to trim, yields well...but its everywhere and most smokers get tired of it fairly quick.

Any of the "gas" varieties like diesel, chem d,headband,etc...are also everywhere but held in much higher regard around norcal.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
I ran the dream 2 years ago, from clone from several different disp., I experienced two phenos from the stuff available, The best was the rapid grower hazy dominant. And a Very Short Blueberry dominant. The hazy pheno was better yield and taste, high.

true grit

Veteran
Done right good smoke, and real cut its nice hardy yielder. Sadly there are some shit cuts everywhere, and those with the real cut have also flooded things with it. Scene it heavily in about every market I've been to. We prefer it as a nice change up to norm of smoking knock out chems and kushes.

hdn155

I knew heads getting very close to 2 lbs per 1000 with the blue dream. And the combo of yield and quality are hard to beat. Especially for the commercial minded grower. Even if you get less money per lb you grow almost twice as much so your coming out ahead. Unless you have trouble selling it because the market is so flooded with the bd.

MtnLivin

I knew heads getting very close to 2 lbs per 1000 with the blue dream. And the combo of yield and quality are hard to beat. Especially for the commercial minded grower. Even if you get less money per lb you grow almost twice as much so your coming out ahead. Unless you have trouble selling it because the market is so flooded with the bd.

Not trying to be a dick man but if you know what yer doing u can hit the 2lb mark no problem with a lot of strains.

Zowie

I agree with it having a ceiling, something I noticed too. Threw away my momma to save space.

But I wish I kept it cause it makes a good everyday smoke that's not too heavy or drowning on you. It's one of those few I can smoke and still go walk past a cop and not feel my heart sink, yet I still feel buzzed. I guess you could say it's a good social high. Girls would like it ;)

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are not going to finish this strain please do not grow it.
I would suspect it needs a solid ten or eleven weeks in flower.
The three times I have had it it was disappointing and several weeks premature.

I've grown BD several times to get it right I have never waited less than 13 weeks, it takes forever to finish, BUT what you get is what I think one of the best strains in the world.

just my :2cents:

S

SicKSKills

You better have a hell of a control on humidity if you want to take BD anywhere past 60 days. When I used to run it you could easily get 1.25 per 600 in 50 days flower, but man what a mold bomb. Shit just gets too big...While it does have a nice hazy note in the smell I personally think its got a good amount of Sk1 and feel its more of a BB x SSH than any real pure haze type and therefore finishes much faster. IMO 10 weeks or more is out of the question for this strain. Much more potent outdoors than in, pure mersh tho...