What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE DREAM .. honest opinions

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I do have Casey's Dream... Casey Jones x Blue Dream that i will run soon and start a thread on. Not srue what she will hold but it's a House of Love seeds offering. Should be great considering the CJ in their! Peace and love ,Stagger

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
People wouldn't grow it, if it was terrible. It tastes good, has a nice high, good yields, and commercially is pulled early.

When done well it's good. Like someone said, if it was gone one day, people would miss it.
It's a good thing, that a clone like this has gotten so popular. Most people around the country, are glad to see it when they do.

I'm not saying that it's the best, but it's not the worst.

cyat

Veteran
Not trying to be a dick man but if you know what yer doing u can hit the 2lb mark no problem with a lot of strains.

wow, good for u.Ive never came close. and you say no problem .its easy huh?
blue dream sucks and its played out

C

Capital G

so flooded they that it's been all over the East Coast heavy for the last 10 months

co-sign this. My sister had a few lbs from her plug in CO but, I'm convinced it was some Cali outdoor. Nice smoke the first night but, if, you consistently smoke Loud the ceiling is far too low. Blueberriest shit I ever had, cerebral high with very little body, and a Very low ceiling. So, low in fact people were bringing it back to her saying it didn't get them high and was some pretendo. It was official, just weak ass herb if, you smoke or favor kushes and indica dominant strains. That's the norm around here.

My blue dream grow tale: got two dreams in the ground in the desert. hot. good compost soil and regular tea feeding. soaker hose.

of the two, one is a monster. the other half a monster. xlarge stem diameter..

for security i have a 5 1/2 ft height restriction so i've been training these since planting with bending and selective topping to grow sideways to fit. problem is they want to be 10 footers and keep busting out. about 2 hours a day training. the canopy on the big one is about 40 square feet stretched in all directions, with plenty of grow time remaining. not much light penetration because of the dense canopy so bottom trimmed up, top 2 feet the action zone. there's like at least a hundred bud branches

vital for my situation, they love the heat. been 108-115 for a month now, no ill effects. plenty of water

i'm amazed everytime i go out there..cbl

Herborizer

Veteran
I received a cut of blue dream from a friend who also gifted me deep chunk. The breeder I believe is from Santa Cruz. My blue Dream grows huge, finishes abbot 10 weeks, very pungent smell while growing and in the jar. What's different about mine compared to others here,is that mine seems to have no ceiling. I never heard that bd had a ceiling. It's surprises me, because the comment I get from other patients I know who have tried it is that it doesn't have a ceiling. Maybe my BD is a cross?

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
I knew heads getting very close to 2 lbs per 1000 with the blue dream. And the combo of yield and quality are hard to beat. Especially for the commercial minded grower. Even if you get less money per lb you grow almost twice as much so your coming out ahead. Unless you have trouble selling it because the market is so flooded with the bd.

Not to put it down or anything... but I can get 2 lb's per light with my Casey Jones and the quality and stone is much more top notch than i've ever seen any BD. Not to say that a superior grower couldnt do amazing things with it. I just feal there are much better genetics out there to work with that have not flooded the market.

IeatCubes

I was a bit disappointed with the flavor of the BD sample I had received from a friend.
It reminded me of that old school BB flavor from about ten years ago but I wanted more Haziness.
I would like to try a cutting for myself and see how it goes because I do like the lineage.
I consider it to be well balanced.

I felt like the stone was really mellow and giggly for me. I haven't had a case of the giggles from smoking in years but my friend and I both raged on for a five minute giggle fest. Day time smoke for me.

Great commercial strain.

I'm somewhere in the middle on the Blue Dream.

G

Ganja D

Here's my opinion of Blue Dream.
It's extremely vigorous in veg. It doubles or triples in size flowering. It produces lots of resin glands early into flowering. It has a strong enjoyable smell growing and as finished product. Above average yield. About 10-11 weeks flowering,some pull it at 9 weeks. Outdoors harvest between Oct 14-24. Smokes and tastes great,blueberry with a creamy taste. Strong high. All around good plantand very efficient,but not the most exciting.

JOJO420

Veteran
My blue dream is bigger n better than your blue dream,lol..
If you want size, yield, and semi decent smoke, then by all means grow the Blue Dream. BUT, if you want something extraordinary??? This cut is not the one. It's mersh on a good day. Ona great day its a hella good smoke and a yielder,lol.. Depends where you are as smoker, as a toker, and as a cultivator??? It could blow your mind if you never seen anything like it. Or if you have, its another plant that grows big and is ok smoke,lol. It's a BLUE DREAM,LOL or should i say a pipe dream,lol

MrDank

Veteran
I really dig the Blue Dream. I chop her at 65 days and she is very potent at 65 days. These pics are from around day 40. She has great smell, a nice flavor, top notch bag appeal, heavy yielder, very fast in veg. And, everybody who has smoked my samples absolutely love it. If fact, I would be shocked if anybody smoked a nug from my jar and told me it sucked. She won't be leaving my garden for a while.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Maybe cause mine was mixed with Green crack/Hashplant it made it some much fun LOL..Damn we laughed with this shit.. This was one of the only plants I had where the bud grew on the leaf.. peace out headband707

ajc0k

Shit, i just chopped probably 2 lbs of blue dream..I forgot to take pics of the plants, i'll get a nug shot up though. I love it although it's overrated, and i've been smoking it on and off forever. I took mine really late to 77 days along with my sour diesels. So amazing when taken longer, half the nugs have tints of purple from the flush and cold nights, has a sweet blueberry muffin kind of smell, and the smoke is so distinct.. oh yea, heavy yields, when you snip the buds off the branches they are rock hard golf ball size nugs.

I've taken a few plants to 57 days and the rest 77. The best way i could describe the high would be sort of a dull sativa with a dose of lazy indica in the mid/end.. It's no speedy c99 high or cerebral, even chopped early imo. The high drags on but not in a good way, i get lazy as fuck and can't concentrate on anything.

sub dermal

we have to remember that most all of us have ridiculous strain knowledge and/or very specific tastes. very good erb tends to get downgraded 'round here :smoke out:

haha. blueberry was always one of my fav strains, the hybrid of bluedream is a nice change up. without the knockout that can come from smoking a shitload of blueberry. euphoric, active, then CRASH asleep. i hate that.

in any case, most smokers enjoy, and especially appreciate a well done batch of blue dream. this, i know.

now, growers/connoisseurs ?

depends. lol.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Here's my opinion of Blue Dream.
It's extremely vigorous in veg. It doubles or triples in size flowering. It produces lots of resin glands early into flowering. It has a strong enjoyable smell growing and as finished product. Above average yield. About 10-11 weeks flowering,some pull it at 9 weeks. Outdoors harvest between Oct 14-24. Smokes and tastes great,blueberry with a creamy taste. Strong high. All around good plantand very efficient,but not the most exciting.

Best description you're going to get. I think the key here is that he's saying to take it 10-11 weeks. Since it looks done early, most of what people are going to see commercially is premature.

The key to it, is that it's truly not the most exciting. It's just missing that extra something. Seems like it might be good to use as a base for future crosses.

Which Blue Dream crosses have people seen, and what did you think of them?

purp&kush

Negative.. I smoke multiple strains everyday.. Blue Dream just doesn't have the potency as others.

damn, just had this exact conversation in a club

today! i love the taste of bluedream, but the potency does

leave something to be desired. excellent taste though.