What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blackwater first indoor grow

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I've herd that light proof isn't super important in veg so you may be ok.

spot on man
in veg the plant does not mind a little light
i constantly go back and forth with a buddy about dark hours in veg
he swears by his 24h and im more a 16h guy
i believe that a plant needs a little rest, but he feels dif
what evs, im not paying his electric bill

its the total darkness in flower that is important

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man,love good sausages!!
we had a friend who not only made the best homebrew but could make sausages !
our youngest boy even called him the sausage man!
those were good people

so if you dont mind, what would i need to start making some decent sausages of my own?
ive been wanting to get a meat grinder for a while
i think we could get an attachment for the kitchen-aid thingy we have, this fancy mixer does just about everything and there are a million attachments too
thats cool about wrenching on your bikes too
its something i plan on learning one day to fix my own mountain bike
im pretty handy but i jsut never learned to fix my bike
/actually i am pretty good with working on the old bmx bikes but these fancy mountain bikes we ahve now are a different animal

i can tell you are a keen student
i liek our chats

Fiddynut

spot on man
in veg the plant does not mind a little light
i constantly go back and forth with a buddy about dark hours in veg
he swears by his 24h and im more a 16h guy
i believe that a plant needs a little rest, but he feels dif
what evs, im not paying his electric bill

its the total darkness in flower that is important
Good morning pop_rocks! I like to let them rest for a few hours too. My buddy who grows locally gives them 24 hour. I remember reeding a lot about this before I started and there are pros and cons. I've heard the roots are most active in the dark. That said people seem to have similar results weather they go 16/8, 18/6, 24/0 so whatever works.

Fiddynut

oh man,love good sausages!!
we had a friend who not only made the best homebrew but could make sausages !
our youngest boy even called him the sausage man!
those were good people

so if you dont mind, what would i need to start making some decent sausages of my own?
ive been wanting to get a meat grinder for a while
i think we could get an attachment for the kitchen-aid thingy we have, this fancy mixer does just about everything and there are a million attachments too
thats cool about wrenching on your bikes too
its something i plan on learning one day to fix my own mountain bike
im pretty handy but i jsut never learned to fix my bike
/actually i am pretty good with working on the old bmx bikes but these fancy mountain bikes we ahve now are a different animal

i can tell you are a keen student
i liek our chats
So you want to make some sausage? Great!
You can defiantly get the kitchen-aid grinder attachment it works great. You will need a stuffer to get the mix into the casings. There are hand crank stuffers that are easy to use and inexpensive.
There are a few things that are very important to make your sausage turn out good.
1. Keep everything extremely cold. The friction of grinding will add some heat so it's important to really chill everything. The meat gets cut up and mixed with the salt and spices then I put it in ziplock and into freezer until it's just starting to freeze a little on the outside. The grinder attachment goes into freezer for an hour before use. Then grind quick and into a chilled bowl and back into fridge or freezer until stuffing. This is important because it keeps the fat from melting and emulsifying which makes the texture of your sausage good.
2. Fat content needs to be high in sausage. I use 3.5 pounds of pork shoulder to 1.5 pounds of pork belly for a 5 pound batch. Not enough fat and your sausage will be dry.
3. Salt to meat ratio is very important. Salt is the most important seasoning in sausage and too much or too little will make it suck.

I recommend that you get the grinder attachment and maybe grind a beef chuck roast and make burgers or meatloaf or something to get your grinding practice because once you do it a couple times you will be able to be quick and efficient.
I have some great recipes that I developed and tweaked for Italians, jalapeño bratwurst, onion brats and andouille. You would need a smoker to finish the andouille.
We can talk sausage more and I'll take some time to do a good step by step for you but I hope you go for it. I also have a great book about sausage making that I'll look over and put down some tips for ya.

Hearing about your mountain bike reminds me that I need to start riding mine again. I use to love mountain biking but have gotten a little fat and lazy the last few years and need to turn that around and get a little more active. I bet you could fix it if you broke it in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a choice. Sometimes that is the motivation we need when we just have no choice but to learn. BMX bikes were pretty simple. A couple cables and a chain and 2 sprockets. I just like to fix something and know it's right and it's hard to find a trustworthy mechanic these days.
Alright we will talk sausage later I gotta get to work, bikes to fix and what not.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on man!
thanks for sparking an interest in sausage!
im goign to look into the hand cranked grinders before i dive head first into the kitchen aid attachment; those things get kind of spendy real fast
any ones you could recommend?
what are the things to look for when buying one?

i dig what you are saying about keeping things cold
im actually a very good cook and can understand how you would want to keep the textures just right
when you say salt, would good kosher salt work or more like plain salt like table salt?
should i be using the pink salt i use to corn my briskets?

mountain biking is great fun and im lucky that mrs chicky is also into riding!
when she started she had never even really ridden a bike off road
but she was quick to learn and listened to helpful advice
it dosent hurt that she is also in great shape and tough as nails to boot
now the lady rips and she rides better than half of my friends

Fiddynut

right on man!
thanks for sparking an interest in sausage!
im goign to look into the hand cranked grinders before i dive head first into the kitchen aid attachment; those things get kind of spendy real fast
any ones you could recommend?
what are the things to look for when buying one?

i dig what you are saying about keeping things cold
im actually a very good cook and can understand how you would want to keep the textures just right
when you say salt, would good kosher salt work or more like plain salt like table salt?
should i be using the pink salt i use to corn my briskets?

mountain biking is great fun and im lucky that mrs chicky is also into riding!
when she started she had never even really ridden a bike off road
but she was quick to learn and listened to helpful advice
it dosent hurt that she is also in great shape and tough as nails to boot
now the lady rips and she rides better than half of my friends
Good morning pop_rocks.
The hand crank grinders work great. You will need a spot to clamp down the hand crank style and you want it elevated so the ground meat can fall into a bowl. Many of the hand crank ones have a wider feeder tube thing which means you won't have to spend as much time cutting the meat into smaller chunks. My only complaint about kitchen-aid is you have to cut the meat pretty small and that can be a pain in the balls if you are doing a bigger batch like 30 pounds.
I will do a little research on hand crank grinders and see what is out there. I think they are still making the ones that they made 100 years ago. They seem to be strong and never brake. My dad has one that his father used when we made Italians when I was very young. I got the kitchen aid because I already had the mixer and I found one on sale a few years ago.
I love to cook and have gotten pretty good at some styles. Since I like to eat I figured I better learn how to make good food. There are some great you tube vids on sausage making that really helped me learn the methodology and technique.
When making sausage I always use a weight measurement for salt so I think you could use kosher, table, sea, ect but I always use kosher. I only use pink salt (cure) when I am low temp smoking and the sausage is going to be in the "danger" zone for a few hours. Fresh sausage shouldn't need it. I have 2 corned beef recipes, one dry and one wet cure and the wet cure uses pink salt but the dry doesn't.
I'm going to try to get on my mountain bike today for a short ride. It's been way too long. I don't think I've been on it since I took it to florida a couple winters ago and rode around the island that I was staying on a bunch. It's too easy to just get on one of my motorcycles and take the lazy ride.
I'll report back on grinders. I want to find out what brand is the one that was my grandfathers and see if they are still around. Have a great day!

Fiddynut

This thread is making me real hungry.
I guess this is what happens right after harvest. Smoke a lot and get the munchies and start talking food. Now I'm getting hungry. I'm starting another grow in about a week so that should get me back on topic. Now off to make some lasagna:)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thanks for the tips man!
it sounds fun and i would like to try my hand at making my own sausage one day!

i agree that the older equipment is where its at
stuff works well and was built to last

i learned to cook, because like you said, i like to eat
i think everyone should be able to make at least one thing well and im lucky i am pretty good at cooking
sometimes we will go places and i can tell you how they made the dish and we then go home and make our own
mrs chicky is a good cook too but her style was totally diferent than mine
lasagna sounds awsome and we will ahev to make a batch in the next couple weeks!
its nice to share food
/seriously brother weed and food!

hope you get a moment and take that ride! even if its jsut a quick spin around the block
i used to love riding bikes when i was a kid and have gotten back into it pretty hard core
i am lucky that we live near some pretty good trails to boot and can ride a variety of places without driving too far

sometimes when i ride my bike i feel just like a kid again and i can kind of forget about everything else in life
starting next week we are going to have to bring our lights wiht us on our after work rides
i esp love riding at night

hope you are having a great weekend, brother

Fiddynut

thanks for the tips man!
it sounds fun and i would like to try my hand at making my own sausage one day!

i agree that the older equipment is where its at
stuff works well and was built to last

i learned to cook, because like you said, i like to eat
i think everyone should be able to make at least one thing well and im lucky i am pretty good at cooking
sometimes we will go places and i can tell you how they made the dish and we then go home and make our own
mrs chicky is a good cook too but her style was totally diferent than mine
lasagna sounds awsome and we will ahev to make a batch in the next couple weeks!
its nice to share food
/seriously brother weed and food!

hope you get a moment and take that ride! even if its jsut a quick spin around the block
i used to love riding bikes when i was a kid and have gotten back into it pretty hard core
i am lucky that we live near some pretty good trails to boot and can ride a variety of places without driving too far

sometimes when i ride my bike i feel just like a kid again and i can kind of forget about everything else in life
starting next week we are going to have to bring our lights wiht us on our after work rides
i esp love riding at night

hope you are having a great weekend, brother
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
Let me know when you are ready and I'll drop the sausage recipes on you.
As I said the salt is the most important seasoning so keep salt close to recipe and experiment with the other spices.
You could even start out with a small batch of breakfast sausage and just make patties to avoid getting a stuffer and the casings. Or make a couple pounds of loose Italian and use it in a lasagna. Brat patties on a bun like a burger are good too.
I looked at my grandfathers old hand crank and can't find any brand name on it. I think his parents brought it from Sicily with them when they immigrated and the box it came in had a brand name but that's long gone. I did a quick amazon search and found a few that look similar and there were several pretty cheap but your best would be eBay and find one that is old since they used better metal in the old days.
I've always felt like good food goes with friends and family and is an important way of celebrating. As soon as I was on my own I started experimenting and learning to cook. Like you, I can take something that I get at a restaurant and sort of deconstruct it and usually make it better at home. You are right that everyone should know how to cook something even if it's a simple dish. Like you said food and weed are a great combo.
I slacked off and didn't get a bike ride in yesterday but maybe after work I can take a spin. We have some great mountain biking here in wisco too. No real mountains but the ice sheets during the last ice age carved out some great terrain for biking. Mostly smaller hills and valleys but a lot of them and they are steep gnarly rutted and challenging.
I loved BMX bikes as a kid and needed them to get around. Things are pretty spread out up here so until you can drive a car a bike is a way to expand where you can go.

I'm going to wipe down all tents and equipment again this week and will probably pop some seeds when I get back on Sunday or Monday. I've had a couple weeks off now looking froward to having some plants to care for again. I had great luck germinating the bag seeds that I practiced with and also the Blackwater but only 1 of 4 of the GSC seeds that I soaked and planted a couple months ago came up. I think those seeds were shitty and looked kind of immature. I hope the Larry OG seeds look and germinate well. I'm going to try the best 3 of the 5 I have and hope for the best.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is a great idea, making some loose sausage just to get the mix down
im going to look into the grinders first and will get back to you!

when i started mountain biking in the late 80's early 90's, i lived "out in the country" here in san diego
most of the places we use to ride are now covered with palatial homes or freeways
but there are still plenty of fun trails close by and we find new stuff to ride every now and then
steep and gnarly is right up my alley! ive kind of had to tone it down after a few crashes put me on the DL, but i still ride the heavy stuff every now and then
mostly we have a lot of xc (cross country) type riding wiht fun flowy sections connected by dirt roads and a bit of loose and rocky single track

its nice to take a break from the grow every now and then, but once you are a "grower" its just as fun as smoking

sounds like your space is cleaned and prepped!
im hopeing you find a keeper in your larryOG
out of five plants you should find at least one really nice plant,but i would take cuts of everything and sort it out later
plus it will give you a chance to practice your cloning technique
heres hoping you get all girls!
ive never grown out gsc, but its something i want to try one day
i met this one guy locally who had a great pheno, but he was kind of a dick and would not share his cuts
plus he had this really stingy vibe going, so i just kind of said f-him

hope you are having a great day brother!

Fiddynut

that is a great idea, making some loose sausage just to get the mix down
im going to look into the grinders first and will get back to you!

when i started mountain biking in the late 80's early 90's, i lived "out in the country" here in san diego
most of the places we use to ride are now covered with palatial homes or freeways
but there are still plenty of fun trails close by and we find new stuff to ride every now and then
steep and gnarly is right up my alley! ive kind of had to tone it down after a few crashes put me on the DL, but i still ride the heavy stuff every now and then
mostly we have a lot of xc (cross country) type riding wiht fun flowy sections connected by dirt roads and a bit of loose and rocky single track

its nice to take a break from the grow every now and then, but once you are a "grower" its just as fun as smoking

sounds like your space is cleaned and prepped!
im hopeing you find a keeper in your larryOG
out of five plants you should find at least one really nice plant,but i would take cuts of everything and sort it out later
plus it will give you a chance to practice your cloning technique
heres hoping you get all girls!
ive never grown out gsc, but its something i want to try one day
i met this one guy locally who had a great pheno, but he was kind of a dick and would not share his cuts
plus he had this really stingy vibe going, so i just kind of said f-him

hope you are having a great day brother!
Loose sausage and patties are a great way to start and super easy. That said there is something with compression that happens when you put them into casings and it really changes the texture. The casings also help hold in the juices and give it that snap and the bite that we are use to. I saw the kitchen-aid plastic grinder attachment for $35 on amazon yesterday.

I use to do a lot of mountain biking in the mid 90's and snowboard like crazy too! The single track here is super technical. When Chicago was making a bid for the Olympics they were going to have the mtb racing up here in wisco. I really mis it. I got into a bad motorcycle accident while living in the Bay Area in 2001. A car blew a red light and swiped me crushing my right leg from below the knee down to the ankle. I have a bunch of screws, pins and plates now in my "bionic" leg. I was unable to walk for about 6 months and it was life changing for me. I was so active before that and in such good shape. Even though I've made a good recovery my activity level never got close to where it was. I spend 8-10 hours on my feet at work everyday and I'm usually sore when I get home. I know that I have to force myself to get back on that bike. It sucks that I can't snowboard anymore because the pins and plates pinch my skin from the inside against the stiff boots. But I can ride the bike and I must. You have helped inspire me to be a better grower and now that we are talking about bikes you are helping to inspire me to ride and get in shape again. No more excuses!

I think you are right that I'm becoming a grower. I have a stash of buds and while I enjoyed a couple week brake I feel something is lacking and I know it's that I don't have any plants to care for. I did another wipe down of tents and equipment this morning so I'm set to go. I have to go up to my moms cabin in the far northern part of the state ant take out the pier and boat this weekend but can't wait to get some seeds germinating as soon as I get back. The whole GSC thing left a kind of bad taste in my mouth with the poor germination rate and the few on the forum that kept posting that cc cookies were fakes anyway. I have to get a look at those Larry seeds to make sure that look good and not all shitty like the GSC. If so I may have to mix it up and go hunting for genetics sooner that I thought. I'm looking forward to getting this next one going whatever happens.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
$35,thats all?!?
i iwll look at that usually the attachments cost a bundle
thats no more expensive than these table mounted hand cranked ones i was looking at

that sucks about teh accident
i broke my foot recently and it sucks
i cant imagine what its like wiht all the metal in your leg
maybe jsut start off really light and easy
go at your own pace and just find trails that are fun to ride
sometimes its jsut fun to ride on dirt and be out in nature

i know exactly how it feels to be away from your garden
its hard work but when you love what you are doing it does not feel like work at all
cant wait to hear how this new run goes
i must have missed where people were posting about fake gsc but im sure it happens
they were the hot strain for a while there and im sure a lot of people tried to cash in on the hype
bad seeds is one thing, but outright lies sucks

so how has the first batch aged?
i bet they are burning smoother as they cure
has the taste changed much?

Fiddynut

$35,thats all?!?
i iwll look at that usually the attachments cost a bundle
thats no more expensive than these table mounted hand cranked ones i was looking at

that sucks about teh accident
i broke my foot recently and it sucks
i cant imagine what its like wiht all the metal in your leg
maybe jsut start off really light and easy
go at your own pace and just find trails that are fun to ride
sometimes its jsut fun to ride on dirt and be out in nature

i know exactly how it feels to be away from your garden
its hard work but when you love what you are doing it does not feel like work at all
cant wait to hear how this new run goes
i must have missed where people were posting about fake gsc but im sure it happens
they were the hot strain for a while there and im sure a lot of people tried to cash in on the hype
bad seeds is one thing, but outright lies sucks

so how has the first batch aged?
i bet they are burning smoother as they cure
has the taste changed much?
I know 35 sounds too cheap but whatever. It's the one I use and works just fine just a little undersized for doing bigger batches. The corse plate is good for burger and sausage. I think I paid more for mine and I know I paid a couple hundred for the pasta roller attachment I got.

Yep the accident sucked but life goes on. The only thing I can't do is snowboard anymore but biking isn't a problem. I just have to get motivated to get a little more exercise. I'm on my feet all day at work and it's a pretty physical job so that helps me stay strong I just need some endurance and cardio. The only thing that sucks about riding here is the winter is long and usually too cold to ride. I don't think I can get motivated to ride a stationary bike in the house. I need the excitement factor and rough terrain.

I found myself going through my tents and equipment again this morning so I know I'm ready to be down there checking on my babies again. I guess that GSC was a strain that everyone had to have for a while and breeders were probably pressured to hurry up and get some seeds out. I'm going to avoid the trendy strains from now on and just hunt for skunky, sour, fuel like strains since that's what I like. At this point I just want to grow stuff that tastes good and gets me super high.

The cure is coming along fine I think. I'm mostly smoking the popcorn buds of the #2 plant while the taster stuff cures but doing a little sampling here and there. The piney one (#3) is still super piney and burns great. The skunky one (#1) is great and has the most sugar by far. The buzz seems pretty uniform from all 3 with the #1 being a little more powerful. The people at work who sampled had pretty good things to day about the #3 popcorn buds I passed out. They all love the buzz and rated the flavor 6-8/10. I was at a 6 I think. All burning smooth and no comments of harshness or anything like that.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is awsome!!
they all sound good and im sure the tops will be even better!

one thing about growing is you are getting weed for next to nothing
of course potency matters and we all like that punch between the eyes
but i find that my favs are the ones that hvae an interesting flavor or something unique going for it
right now im kind of into this hashy tasting indica i grew a while back
it has this peppery taste thats kind of almost spicy, with a hint of fuel and maybe some earthy tones
it def wakes up the tongue and it taste different than the other stuff i have
my buddy thinks i should have let it go a few more weeks but i like the heady high and can still get things done when im smoking it

besides, i pay next to nothing for what i smoke, so if i really want to be couch locked i will roll a big fatty or jsut smoke several bowls
i also have a bunch of hash i made for those nights when the bones are acting up or my back gives me problems

i checked out that attachment and i think i will go for it!
it looks like you can also buy a stuffer tube piece to go wiht it, would you reccommend getting that too?
one of the reviews said it kind of sucks and they recommended getting this industrial thing that looked sweet but cost almost $200
i was mentioning to mrs chicky about how i wanted to ground my own meat and make sausages and she seemed on board
but i think im goign to start with baby steps before throwing down that kind of dough

i guess we are kind of spoiled here in san diego, wiht our year round riding
we actually ride more in the fall, winter and spring that in the summer because you can go anytime of the day instead of in the early morning or evening
im super stoked because tomorrow is the first serious night ride of the season after work!
i dont blame you for not wanting to ride a stationary bike, that jsut sounds lame
like you said, part of the fun is the rough terrain
if nothing else, i will do my best to keep you stoked through the winter and you can live vicariously through my adventures!

Fiddynut

that is awsome!!
they all sound good and im sure the tops will be even better!

one thing about growing is you are getting weed for next to nothing
of course potency matters and we all like that punch between the eyes
but i find that my favs are the ones that hvae an interesting flavor or something unique going for it
right now im kind of into this hashy tasting indica i grew a while back
it has this peppery taste thats kind of almost spicy, with a hint of fuel and maybe some earthy tones
it def wakes up the tongue and it taste different than the other stuff i have
my buddy thinks i should have let it go a few more weeks but i like the heady high and can still get things done when im smoking it

besides, i pay next to nothing for what i smoke, so if i really want to be couch locked i will roll a big fatty or jsut smoke several bowls
i also have a bunch of hash i made for those nights when the bones are acting up or my back gives me problems

i checked out that attachment and i think i will go for it!
it looks like you can also buy a stuffer tube piece to go wiht it, would you reccommend getting that too?
one of the reviews said it kind of sucks and they recommended getting this industrial thing that looked sweet but cost almost $200
i was mentioning to mrs chicky about how i wanted to ground my own meat and make sausages and she seemed on board
but i think im goign to start with baby steps before throwing down that kind of dough

i guess we are kind of spoiled here in san diego, wiht our year round riding
we actually ride more in the fall, winter and spring that in the summer because you can go anytime of the day instead of in the early morning or evening
im super stoked because tomorrow is the first serious night ride of the season after work!
i dont blame you for not wanting to ride a stationary bike, that jsut sounds lame
like you said, part of the fun is the rough terrain
if nothing else, i will do my best to keep you stoked through the winter and you can live vicariously through my adventures!
I gave the rest of the popcorn buds to my brother last evening so I'm about to start working my way up the plants now. Going to grab a mix of the skunky one and the piney one after work and do some sampling.
I can see what you are saying about potency being only one factor of several. I think flavor could be the most important factor because if it tastes great you don't mind taking the extra couple hits and may in fact want to. I think a variety of several great but different flavors would be the best for me. If I factor in all the equipment that I had to buy for this first hall it still is cheaper than if I had to but 10 oz at retail prices and since it's just bulbs, nutes, and electricity from now on it will be super reasonable price wise. I see myself smoking actually a little less than I use to probably because of the time I spend with the plants.
I like the stand alone sausage stuffer for a couple reasons:
1. It's easer and faster to put all your ground and mixed meat into the stuffer at once and just crank it out. As you are filling the casings you like to have someone to crank for you so you can use both hands to handle the casings and regulate how "stuffed" it gets. Too much pressure and they will burst, too little and there isn't enough compression and texture suffers. I like to fill the whole casing then come back ant twist the links after. It's a little tricky but just takes some practice. You can throw the whole stuffer into the freezer so everything stays nice and cold.
2. As you are feeding ground meat into the grinder and it can be hard to keep it flowing consistently which makes it harder to evenly stuff the casings. Of you have a helper this might not be an issue. It's important not to have air bubbles in your sausage and you have to be carful to pack it in the grinder feeder and get the air out.
I'm sure you can make great sausage either way but the stuffer seems to be the preferred way these days. That said I just looked and the stuffers are kind of pricy. At about 10 bucks you may want to get the kitchen aid stuffer and if you start making a lot you may upgrade down the road. The old electric grinder stuffer I had forced you to use the blade and plate to center the auger so you would be forced to grind the meat a second time while stuffing. I found this to be a bad thing. Looks like the kitchen aid has a disc that you use that eliminates this so it's probably good. I defiantly wouldn't spent a bunch of cash on fancy grinders and stuffers unless you start making a lot of sausage. It takes some time and effort so it may be something you only use a couple times a year or so.
I had a couple friends in SF that grew up in San D and I have heard about the legendary weather. The weather and the Mexican food seemed to be the things they missed about it and both of them have moved back down there since. In the 5 years I lived in Oakland I never made it south of Monterey. I'm not sure why other than it's a long ass drive. Maybe someday I'll find my way to SoCal. I hear you on the mornings and evenings being nicer times to ride. In the summer here when it's hot and humid I like to go disc golfing before work while it's still cool.
I hope you have a great night ride tonight and I'll defiantly ride vicariously through you when winter gets bad.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening brother
was all set to ride and even had the small camera set out so i could take a pic or two of the ride
unfortunately,our pebble took a spill in cheer practice and hit her head
mrs chicky took her to the dr this afternoon and it turns out she has a concussion
so no riding tongiht

im sure your brother is stoked wiht the kick down!
nothing beats good fresh bud, who knows maybe he will take up the hobby and grow a little stash himself?!?

thanks for the advice on the meat grinder
i am going to hold off on going all out until i really start making my own but im def goign to get that meat grinder attachment and i guess i will throw down the extra to get teh stuffer
ill let you know once i ahev the gear but im probally going to wait til next week

san diego is def different than the bay area
i grew up here in san diego but we also lived in santa barbara when i was a kid
we have amazing weather year round and like you said, some of the best mexican food!
there used to be lots of open areas and we actually hvae decent surf spots too,if you knwo where to go
but a lot has changed in the past 10yrs
the cost of everythign is through the roof and there is no way we could afford a house where we live now
sometimes i think about moving
my sister jsut got a new pad in colorado springs and its a freakin' palace!
all for about half what it would cost here in san diego
i dont know how people afford to live here and the prices jsut keep going up

hey bud, if you ever find yourself in so cal, let me know
ill treat you to some of the best mexican food you have ever had and kind of show you around

Last edited:

Fiddynut

evening brother
was all set to ride and even had the small camera set out so i could take a pic or two of the ride
unfortunately,our pebble took a spill in cheer practice and hit her head
mrs chicky took her to the dr this afternoon and it turns out she has a concussion
so no riding tongiht

im sure your brother is stoked wiht the kick down!
nothing beats good fresh bud, who knows maybe he will take up the hobby and grow a little stash himself?!?

thanks for the advice on the meat grinder
i am going to hold off on going all out until i really start making my own but im def goign to get that meat grinder attachment and i guess i will throw down the extra to get teh stuffer
ill let you know once i ahev the gear but im probally going to wait til next week

san diego is def different than the bay area
i grew up here in san diego but we also lived in santa barbara when i was a kid
we have amazing weather year round and like you said, some of the best mexican food!
there used to be lots of open areas and we actually hvae decent surf spots too,if you knwo where to go
but a lot has changed in the past 10yrs
the cost of everythign is through the roof and there is no way we could afford a house where we live now
sometimes i think about moving
my sister jsut got a new pad in colorado springs and its a freakin' palace!
all for about half what it would cost here in san diego
i dont know how people afford to live here and the prices jsut keep going up

hey bud, if you ever find yourself in so cal, let me know
ill treat you to some of the best mexican food you have ever had and kind of show you around
Good thing kids are tough and heal quick. I guess concussions are nothing to mess around with though. I wonder how many times I would have been told I had a concussion when I was a kid. It seems like we were always falling off our bikes and skateboards and stuff. Amazing how much has changed since then. We use to ride around in the back of station wagons and pick up trucks no car seats or seat belts and never wore a helmet when jumping our BMX bikes or riding skateboards.
My bro is really happy with the home grow and if I'm not carful he will smoke more of my stash than I will. He has more time on his hands to puff since he is in his last semester of business school.
We tried to do a stealth outdoor grow at his house this summer but his wife came home and found us transplanting them and shut it down. We had put in a bunch of tomato and pepper plants back there and had 6 plants that were from bag seed. Those were from my sprouting practice and experience that I did just before starting this Blackwater grow. I had them 2 or so weeks inside and they were healthy. We were transplanting them into 3 gal pots when his wife came home unexpectedly and found us. I didn't even see her creep up on us I just herd her say "those doesn't look like tomato plants" and turned around. We were busted and she was pissed. I think he almost got kicked out for that. Too bad she is so anti cannabis. No way she would let him grow indoor unless the laws changed and maybe not even then.
I'm sure that grinder and stuffer will serve you well. If you have a helper it will make it a lot easer. Feeding the ground meat into it steadily so you get uniform filling of the casings will take some trial and error.
San D sounds great. I'm sure prices are super crazy but that is always the case when an area is super desirable. Even in the Bay Area the prices were insane 15 years ago. That is part of what sent us back to wi. I would defiantly consider Colorado as a great place to live. Beautiful, centrally located, great canna scene, ect. I could see myself there if an opportunity presented itself. I never got to try surfing but I did try to swim in the ocean in NorCal a couple times. Water was super cold. Water temps were similar to Lake Michigan. I love to ride stand up jet ski on the big lake when the waves get big. It's like water motorcross but a wet suit is mandatory.
You wouldn't think so but we have some great Mexican food up here too. I've heard that a lot of Mexican people were encouraged to come here and work in the factories during ww2. Once established they had a great culinary influence and there is a lot of very authentic restaurants. I work with a guy who had lived in New York for the past 25 years and said that there is no good mexican food in the big apple but he loves the food here.
I hope you get a good ride in this weekend bud. Enjoy the nice weather it's already starting to get cold and rainy up here.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, things were so much different back then
like you said, no helmets, riding in the back of trucks...
i cant tell you how many times i have had my bell rung
/wipes tear from eye, then forgets what i was reminiscing about

she is doing a lot better and now we are practically haveing to hold her down so she can take it easy this weekend
she wants to get back to practice (no cheer for at least the next week) and just be a kid
i promised i would get pizza tomorrow if she will sit wiht me and watch football

we had a great ride this morning but i was kind of hung over
a friend just got back from fishing so i went to his palce and helped clean fish and drink up his liquor
it was nice tho because we got out early and it was really cool and still foggy
by the tiem we got back there was some kind of nature run or soemhting because the trails were choked wiht people in race bibs but they were really nice and even cheered mrs chicky on,on one of the steeper decents

oh man, that sucks that his wife is not into the plant
i liked your story and it brought back many of those, "oh shit were caught" moments from when i was younger
its funny but before mrs chicky i only had one girlfriend who smoked
even now mrs chicky says i smoke way too much sometimes
heck, i think i dont smoke enough!

hope you have a great weekend too !

Fiddynut

yeah man, things were so much different back then
like you said, no helmets, riding in the back of trucks...
i cant tell you how many times i have had my bell rung
/wipes tear from eye, then forgets what i was reminiscing about

she is doing a lot better and now we are practically haveing to hold her down so she can take it easy this weekend
she wants to get back to practice (no cheer for at least the next week) and just be a kid
i promised i would get pizza tomorrow if she will sit wiht me and watch football

we had a great ride this morning but i was kind of hung over
a friend just got back from fishing so i went to his palce and helped clean fish and drink up his liquor
it was nice tho because we got out early and it was really cool and still foggy
by the tiem we got back there was some kind of nature run or soemhting because the trails were choked wiht people in race bibs but they were really nice and even cheered mrs chicky on,on one of the steeper decents

oh man, that sucks that his wife is not into the plant
i liked your story and it brought back many of those, "oh shit were caught" moments from when i was younger
its funny but before mrs chicky i only had one girlfriend who smoked
even now mrs chicky says i smoke way too much sometimes
heck, i think i dont smoke enough!

hope you have a great weekend too !
Yep pop_rocks, I think we were the last generation of "free range children". When we were out playing we did what we chose, no cell phones or calling to check in. We were free! We had to come up with things to do to avoid boredom. Rickety plywood jumps for our BMX bikes and stuff like that. I hope kids of today don't miss out on too much of that stuff. I often wonder if we'd had as good of video games back then if it would have saved me an injury or two.
Glad she is doing well. Like you said it ain't easy trying to slow a kid down even when it's for the best. Pizza and football is probably just what the doctor ordered as they say.
I'm glad you got a good ride in. Sometimes the best cure for a hang over it to get moving(and water). Was your friend ocean or lake fishing? Are there many inland lakes in SoCal? We have thousands of lakes up here to fish swim ski ect. I love water and was swimming before I could walk. I took a nice ride about 200 miles north to my moms cabin yesterday. I did some swimming and got the dock and boat out for her. I love it up there in the national forest but there are no jobs so it's hard to make a living.
I have a big to do list for today but at the top of that list is to fill some pots with soil and get some seeds in. In the next couple days I'll get a new diary started for this new grow. My goals will be to top and do some training of these girls and to take cuttings and learn how to get them to root.