What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blackwater first indoor grow

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
these look great fiddy!
nice bright bud with a good touch of sugar!

they will only get better as they age but you can smoke them now and really get a taste of really fresh weed
looking at your numbers it looks like you got a good haul too, which is icing on your cake

no need to look too hard for the kind smoke now!
looks like you have a few jars of your own
plus there is just something special about puffin on weed you grew yourself

so any ideas on what strains you want to try next?

Fiddynut

these look great fiddy!
nice bright bud with a good touch of sugar!

they will only get better as they age but you can smoke them now and really get a taste of really fresh weed
looking at your numbers it looks like you got a good haul too, which is icing on your cake

no need to look too hard for the kind smoke now!
looks like you have a few jars of your own
plus there is just something special about puffin on weed you grew yourself

so any ideas on what strains you want to try next?
Good morning pop_rocks.
After a weekend of sampling I'm super happy with these buds. For sure some of the best tasting I've had in a long time. It's also potent with a great high as well. As I said the weed scene around here is hit or miss and rather that bitch about I've found a way to make it good. My my family and friends will be in better shape too.
I won't leave you in suspense too long but there are some surprises in the smoke report. I'll be posting the report next.
As far as yield I got more than double what I was expecting and 5 times my original goal so I'm quite pleased. This should hold me as long as I have decent luck with the next batch. It's very satisfying to smoke something that is local and fresh. This really has been a goal of mine for a long time and it's something to be proud of for sure. I think I needed to take a chill weekend and just relax and smoke and enjoy myself.
I also got productive for a couple hours and cleaned up from this harvest. I washed all pots, buckets, measuring equipment, and trimmers. I gathered up all the trimmings and had a bonfire. I cleaned out the tents with h2o2 and disinfectant. One more cleaning and I'll be ready for the next batch.
Speaking of the next batch I have a pack of cc Larry OG. I also have 2 more Blackwater seeds. My plan is to pop 3 Larry OG seeds and get them veging. I'll take cuttings and keep them in the veg tent when I put the others in the flower tent. I've herd good things about this strain so hopefully I'll get some good plants and maybe something special enough to be a mother for a while. Depending on how these grow and if my clones do ok I'll either do a batch of Larry OG from clone or I'll be looking for new genetics. I've found a couple of seed banks in the US that have some interesting looking crosses and I've heard that they are reliable and you get your seeds in a couple days not wait weeks. I guess it all depends on how good these Larry OG plants turn out.
Smoke report to follow.

Fiddynut

Smoke report

Smoke report

Here is the smoke report on my first grow, Blackwater from calli connection. I was a bit surprised to get a nice yield of some very tasty buds on my first grow. I thought that I had one special plant and two others that were pretty much the same. The big surprise was that I get 3 pheno's all quite different in taste.

Let's start with plant (pheno) #1
Smell 8/10 very skunky, cat piss, fuel smell with a little sweet which might fade with some cure time. Reminds me of the skunk that use to come around once in a while back when everything else was shitty ditch weed in the 80's. Also reminds me of the sour diesel I use to get about 10 years ago.
Taste 8/10 very similar to the smell with out the touch of sweet. Like road kill skunk with sour diesel.
Look 5/10 I did a amateur trim job and Im learning so the look suffered a bit. Nice trichome coverage and a nice light green with a few light orange hairs.
High 8/10 nice energetic high with a high ceiling. The more I smoke the higher I get. I'm often so high I forget the bowl is still going after the first half. I played 36 holes of disc golf after smoking a bowl on Sunday and probably could of gone another 18.
This is my favorite of the 3 because of the flavor and the buzz is great.

Plant (pheno) #3
Smell 7/10 this one is like a pine forest on a crisp fall day. All most like someone cracked open a bottle of pine sol. I wasn't expecting much from this one but was pleasantly surprised.
Taste 7/10 taste just like it smells. The pine flavor overpowers any other flavor that it might have. I am a fan of piney weed so this is good. Maybe it will change with some cure time but I'm happy with it.
Look 5/10 same as above my trim job was amateur at best. Slightly more and darker hairs that #1.
High 8/10 uplifting and energetic. Very similar to #1
This one surprised me a lot with its flavor. It is also the one that hermie'd on me so if I had a cutting I probably wouldn't try to flower it.

Plant (pheno) #2
Smell 5/10 very weak com paired to the other two. Not much skunk or pine more of an earthy like soil and spice. Nothing offensive or anything but kind of average and regular like a lot of the commercial around here.
Taste 5/10 just like the smell it is lacking. Doesn't taste bad just nothing special.
Look 6/10 going a little higher here because of the crazy amount of dark red hairs. Looks great if you like hairy weed. Nice round buds.
High x/10 not sure because I was too busy smoking the other 2. I did smoke a bowl and it's probably as good as the others but I didn't make sure of this. I'll grab a bowl and start my day with it to get a good idea soon. I will be passing some samples of this out to some buddies and see how they like it.

I'm really happy with these buds and how the grow went. There were ups and downs but it all worked out in the end. I'm sure that I'll be able to use what I've learned in future grows. In the time being I'll be super high off the buds I grew. Thanks for checking out my grow and smoke report.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
right on man!
im really happy to hear how thigns turned out and look foreward to checking your next grow
ive grown larryOG from a cutting given to me by a good friend about five years ago and it was bomb
super dank with a really heavy stone
good resin coverage out to the leaf and produced nice
its one of those strains i wish i could have held onto a little longer

esp enjoyed reading your smoke report!
looks like everything got high marks and there is a little variety in the mix
its great to have a few different types on hand to go wiht your mood or for when you want to change things up a bit

like the idea of keeping a few cuts in veg and holding onto mother plants
this will give you plenty of practice with your cloneing too
im sure your next grow will go very well

Fiddynut

right on man!
im really happy to hear how thigns turned out and look foreward to checking your next grow
ive grown larryOG from a cutting given to me by a good friend about five years ago and it was bomb
super dank with a really heavy stone
good resin coverage out to the leaf and produced nice
its one of those strains i wish i could have held onto a little longer

esp enjoyed reading your smoke report!
looks like everything got high marks and there is a little variety in the mix
its great to have a few different types on hand to go wiht your mood or for when you want to change things up a bit

like the idea of keeping a few cuts in veg and holding onto mother plants
this will give you plenty of practice with your cloneing too
im sure your next grow will go very well
Good morning pop_rocks.
It's nice to hear that the Larry OG is a winner. I hope I get some good pheno's. If it's anything like this Blackwater then I may end up with 3 different plants from one another.
Is it always like this growing from seed? Are some strains more similar or uniform? It seems like I could have popped 10 and gotten all different pheno's.
I'm hoping for more resin coverage next time so I have more trim to make hash and extracts from.
I have my grow area and equipment all cleaned up and will go back for one more wipe down with h2o2 and I'll be ready to get started. I only had the one tent last time when I started and vegged under 600w mh light. I now have a veg tent with a 4 bulb t5 4' light. I'm not sure how the different light will affect them. I know I can keep it a couple inches off the plants but it's only 200+ w. Will they grow slower under the t5's?
I'm very happy with the smoke report. The #1 and #3 plants are great and will contrast each other nicely. #2 not bad rather just a little boring. I love me some variety.
Looking forward to next grow and getting the learning going again. I'll keep updating cure reports and do a grow recap in the next few days and will start a new grow diaries in a week or so.
Thanks a lot for sticking around and sharing your wisdom with me. You have helped me stay on track have been a great influence to me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
you are asking some really good questions!

i can only share my thoughts on this, but im by no means an expert re: genetics
also, ive only just recently gotten back into seeds and selection my own plants
previously i wouyld grow from clones, letting someone else do most of the heavy lifting
/used to grow from seed way back in the day but thats like a different time all together
clone pros:
-you know the plant you are growing will be fem
-these were usually elite clones, a fancy way of saying they were the best of a bunch and a good representation of their strain
-consistent quality

cons:
-you dont get to see the variety of phenos in a certain line
-sometimes others clones can hold pests
-limited to what clones you can find

as far as seeds go its often hit and miss
i popped some old ak seeds recently nad out of five had four males
what ive found is it depends a lot on the breeder as far as how uniform the seed line will be
i think its not uncommon to find at least two or three phenos in any seed line
possibly more
but its the variety im seeking for now

i think the t5 will suit your needs well
they run alot cooler than most hid's
yeah, the plants might grow a little slower and you will prob see more stretch between nodes but your goal here is to jsut keep plants alive and happy to provide clone stock
one thing i will do is use pots to raise smaller plants so they are not so far from the lights while still accommodating the larger plants (a shelf could also serve this purpouse)
plus you wont see as big a hit on your electric bill as you would adding another 600w
heck, t5 fixtures are kind of inexpensive and if you are not happy wiht your growth rates you could even add another to the tent or maybe consider a 400w mh

there are a lot more obstacles growing from seed but the potential to find that gem is totally worth it

Fiddynut

previously i wouyld grow from clones, letting someone else do most of the heavy lifting
/used to grow from seed way back in the day but thats like a different time all together
clone pros:
-these were usually elite clones, a fancy way of saying they were the best of a bunch and a good representation of their strain
-consistent quality

cons:

what ive found is it depends a lot on the breeder as far as how uniform the seed line will be
possibly more

yeah, the plants might grow a little slower and you will prob see more stretch between nodes but your goal here is to jsut keep plants alive and happy to provide clone stock
one thing i will do is use pots to raise smaller plants so they are not so far from the lights while still accommodating the larger plants (a shelf could also serve this purpouse)
plus you wont see as big a hit on your electric bill as you would adding another 600w
heck, t5 fixtures are kind of inexpensive and if you are not happy wiht your growth rates you could even add another to the tent or maybe consider a 400w mh

there are a lot more obstacles growing from seed but the potential to find that gem is totally worth it
Good afternoon pop_rocks.
I do ask a lot of questions don't I? Like I said my brain is a sponge. When something interests me I want to find out all I can about it. I'm not that way with everything in life just the things that really interest me.
I've been reluctant to get clones because of the potential for pests and diseases. I also don't have the best access to them in my part of the country. My bro has some buddies in Colorado that have a bunch of clone only that they sell. They probably have a small flower room somewhere but have 2 spare bedrooms of mothers and clones. They live in vale so business must be good.
I've heard talk of "elite clones" , now I know what that term means. So somebody grows a bunch of a popular strain from seed and selects the best plant from all of those pheno's. Or maybe they make a cross and then select from the offspring and just take cuttings instead of finding a male and making seeds. It all sounds like fun to me.
Sounds like there are pros and cons to growing from seed and clones. I have so far been using fem seeds to make it easer on myself for the first couple grows but I've herd that reg seeds are stronger and less likely to hermie. I will be using reg seeds in the future so I'll have a few more plants at the start and weed out the males and week ones. For my size tent that means keeping them in smaller pots until I know their sex. Once I have my 3 strongest females I can pot them up and switch to 12/12.
I'm looking forward to using the t5's. Since I only veg for about half the time I flower I don't mind if they grow a little slower. I'll have the 60 or 70 days that my girls are flowering to do cuttings and veg so even if I have to veg for 40 or 50 days that's not a problem. I figured out that I'll use less electricity if I use my t5's for 18 hours a day and my hps for 12 hours rather than burn the mh/hps for 18 hours a day anyway. My goal is to get another flower tent down the road and have my veg tent feeding my 2 flower tents for a harvest every few weeks. Then I can take summers off. Electricity is cheap here but you don't want to raise any eyebrows because of the stupid laws. Maybe I'll have a couple mothers and flower them in one tent and save the other for pheno hunting and experiments.
Lots of good info here pop_rocks. Thanks for dropping more knowledge on me!

Tri_Cho_Me

clone pros:
-consistent quality

cons:

possibly more

Just been kind of snooping for a couple page's but when you said, "there are a lot more obstacles growing from seed, but the potential to find that gem is totally worth it." I understand the obstacles piece, totally obvious, but can you expand on the gem? I am 100% new and on my first grow. I have an idea as to what I think you mean, but just want to be sure and not assume.

I'm only growing two at a time currently, so it's hard to tell if differences are growth related or pheno related. ....Well, that and Im only 2 1/2 weeks in, haha.

Tri_Cho_Me

Last edited:

Fiddynut

Just been kind of snooping for a couple page's but when you said, "there are a lot more obstacles growing from seed, but the potential to find that gem is totally worth it." I understand the obstacles piece, totally obvious, but can you expand on the gem? I am 100% new and on my first grow. I have an idea as to what I think you mean, but just want to be sure and not assume.

I'm only growing two at a time currently, so it's hard to tell if differences are growth related or pheno related. ....Well, that and Im only 2 1/2 weeks in, haha.

Tri_Cho_Me
Good afternoon Tri_Cho_Me.
I believe pop_rocks is talking about getting a great pheno when he says gem. For instance I planted 3 seeds that were sold as the same strain but got 3 plants that were different than one another. The gem for me was the #1 plant that grew faster and bigger but also had the flavor and high that I like the most. My #3 plant was also pretty good flavor but it hermied so probably not one you would re grow because it might pollinate the rest of your grow. I lost some weight on that one due to the lower half being seeded.
You will start to see the difference in your two plants as they grow but since they are different strains that is to be expected. If you were growing two of the same strain you might see differences in the growth rates and shapes of the plants. Once you harvest you might notice differences in scent and flavor. If you were taking cuttings of those plants you would want to keep the clones of the ones that grew big and strong and had the best flavor and buzz.
I think pheno is the differences amongst the same strain verses different strains. In my case I would have taken cuttings from all 3 plants and kept them alive until after I harvested the mothers. Once I had sampled the harvest I would choose to grow clones from the plant #1 because of yield and flavor. That would be my gem. If my standards were as high as some experts I might have to pop a shitload of seeds to get a gem.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening brother!

its good to ask questions!
it shows a real interest in the topic and also keeps others on their toes!
i like that i dont know what you might bring up and it keeps the conversation rolling along
besides, i just like to talk about weed but most of the time my friends hvae no idea what im on about because many of them dont grow

"I've heard talk of "elite clones" , now I know what that term means. So somebody grows a bunch of a popular strain from seed and selects the best plant from all of those pheno's. Or maybe they make a cross and then select from the offspring and just take cuttings instead of finding a male and making seeds. It all sounds like fun to me."

i think for the most part elite clones are just this
someone found a real winner and cloned it
its often not even available in seed form because breeding is hard work and takes lots of knowledge,dedication and effort

i feel the same way about fem seeds
if done well, i guess the are just as prone to hermie as any other seed, but i dont know if most are done well
ill stick wiht the reg packs and weed out any i dont want
plus one day i might try my hand at chucking some pollen to at least make my own stash of seeds
as long as you can recognize a male plant, give it a try
you could always post pics if you are in doubt

"Once I have my 3 strongest females I can pot them up and switch to 12/12."
this is pretty much how i do it too!
ill work wiht a mother plant for a couple cycles and then move her into the flowering tent
with the added time in veg, her root ball is huge and shes usually very bushy because of all the topping
ill often trim her down to a few choice branches based on location of branch and how vigorous they look
ill take the branches ive trimmed and make more clones

im with you brother with not wanting to raise any eyebrows
even tho i live in a med state and have cool neighbors, im not trying to attract attention

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
evening t-chome
glad you chimed in

as me and fiddy have been talking about, sometimes in a batch of seeds, one plant really stands out
we all have different criteria we look for, but it could be growth rate, size or plant structure,smell/taste, or its just dank as hell
the fun of popping your own seed is you are the one making the choice of what to keep and what to move aside
maybe you have space limitations or really like the taste of berry
you can find the plants that best suit your style and choose to clone them
when you get clones from a shop, these choices have already been made

"I think pheno is the differences amongst the same strain verses different strains. In my case I would have taken cuttings from all 3 plants and kept them alive until after I harvested the mothers. Once I had sampled the harvest I would choose to grow clones from the plant #1 because of yield and flavor. That would be my gem. If my standards were as high as some experts I might have to pop a shitload of seeds to get a gem."
fiddy pretty much nailed it above

Tri_Cho_Me

Thanks guys! It makes sense and is what I was assuming.

Fiddy, I am growing two of the same right now. Both Strawberry Kush. My #2 took an extra day or 2 to shed it's casing and has been behind it seems ever since. Aside from that, they look the same. Everything is super condensed and bushy at this point.

One of my reasons to go with Fem seeds, is that with my space restrictions (4x2x7 feet) I liked knowing that each seed was definitely a female and I didnt need to start extras just in case. I feel like 2 is my perfect amount for that size, and I would hate to pop 4 beans only to come out with one in the end.

Does that makes sense or am I making it more complicated on myself? I currently don't have a veg area, so that is why maximizing my space, light and energy is important to me. I do have the beginnings of a veg Cab. Check out my link here!

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Also, it sucks that with only room for two in flower, I can't really give myself a chance to notice differences in multiple plants. Any suggestions for alleviating this? My hunch is just super awesome, reliable genetics...

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

evening brother!

its good to ask questions!
it shows a real interest in the topic and also keeps others on their toes!
i like that i dont know what you might bring up and it keeps the conversation rolling along
besides, i just like to talk about weed but most of the time my friends hvae no idea what im on about because many of them dont grow

"I've heard talk of "elite clones" , now I know what that term means. So somebody grows a bunch of a popular strain from seed and selects the best plant from all of those pheno's. Or maybe they make a cross and then select from the offspring and just take cuttings instead of finding a male and making seeds. It all sounds like fun to me."

i think for the most part elite clones are just this
someone found a real winner and cloned it
its often not even available in seed form because breeding is hard work and takes lots of knowledge,dedication and effort

i feel the same way about fem seeds
if done well, i guess the are just as prone to hermie as any other seed, but i dont know if most are done well
ill stick wiht the reg packs and weed out any i dont want
plus one day i might try my hand at chucking some pollen to at least make my own stash of seeds
as long as you can recognize a male plant, give it a try
you could always post pics if you are in doubt

"Once I have my 3 strongest females I can pot them up and switch to 12/12."
this is pretty much how i do it too!
ill work wiht a mother plant for a couple cycles and then move her into the flowering tent
with the added time in veg, her root ball is huge and shes usually very bushy because of all the topping
ill often trim her down to a few choice branches based on location of branch and how vigorous they look
ill take the branches ive trimmed and make more clones

im with you brother with not wanting to raise any eyebrows
even tho i live in a med state and have cool neighbors, im not trying to attract attention
Good evening pop_rocks.
Good to know that I'm learning some things and sounds like I'm on the right track. I have a obsession almost with these things that interest me. For me to make the effort to do something I must try to be the best at it. When I could no longer find sausage that tasted as good as the stuff the old Italian guy who had died use to make and sell and taken his recipe with him, I learned to make my own. When I was young I loved motorcycles but hated it when they broke and I couldn't ride so I spent 20 years learning to be a great mechanic. I won't be giving any expert growers a run for there money any time soon but I now know I will be able to grow great buds.
I've been enjoying these conversations as well. I will be starting another diary if for no other reason so that we can talk cannabis. I have one friend that grows locally but he has been doing it so long that he isn't interested in talking much about it anymore. I love to talk about it and learn as I go. There is a young guy at work that has started growing since I did and even though he doesn't know I grow I tell him I use to and give him advise as I can. He makes the mistakes that young people do like the other day when he said he got home and his light had fallen on to his plants and killed 2 of 3. I know equipment failures happen but that seems avoidable.

I defiantly want to use reg seeds in the future. From what I'm seeing at the seed banks and reeding here at icmag it's getting hard to find reg seeds sometimes. A lot of strains there selling seem to be fem only.
I don't think I'll have trouble seeing male plants and sorting them. Before this grow I had sprouted a bunch of bag seed just for testing purposes. They were a week or two ahed of the Blackwater that I sprouted and grew. I originally had 4 Blackwater but one came up root first and didn't make it so I kept one of the bag seed plants to keep my plant count at 4. At only 3 weeks the bag seed plant grew it's first pollen sack and I spotted it right away. I didn't think it would show so early so I texted a pic to my friend in CA and she said right away that it was a boy and I had a good eye. It was tiny but I was paying attention to my baby's.

Fiddynut

Thanks guys! It makes sense and is what I was assuming.

Fiddy, I am growing two of the same right now. Both Strawberry Kush. My #2 took an extra day or 2 to shed it's casing and has been behind it seems ever since. Aside from that, they look the same. Everything is super condensed and bushy at this point.

One of my reasons to go with Fem seeds, is that with my space restrictions (4x2x7 feet) I liked knowing that each seed was definitely a female and I didnt need to start extras just in case. I feel like 2 is my perfect amount for that size, and I would hate to pop 4 beans only to come out with one in the end.

Does that makes sense or am I making it more complicated on myself? I currently don't have a veg area, so that is why maximizing my space, light and energy is important to me. I do have the beginnings of a veg Cab. Check out my link here!

Tri_Cho_Me
Good evening Tri_Cho_Me. I think that it will be easer to tell if you have different pheno's after a couple more weeks. Since the germination times are different you probably can't tell much yet. Your smaller plant now may be your biggest and best yielder at the end. You will just have to watch them and see. Mine were very similar to each other until the end of veg and really started to separate in the stretch and flower.
I used fem seeds on my first grow and will be using them on my second. I'm glad I did it made it less complicated. I have a 3x3x7 flower tent and a 2x4x7 veg tent so I don't have a ton of room either. What I will be counting on is that males show earlier than females so I can have more plants in smaller pots until I toss the boys and pot up my 3 lady's or however many I'm going to flower. Just a little more complicated but may be worth the effort from what I'm reeding.
Your doing great and I think keeping things as simple as possible is great. If down the road you want to experiment that go for it. Find out what works for you and rock it.
I remember your veg cabinet from a few weeks ago. Did you get it vented? You still won't need it for a bit but it will help you get more harvests in when you use it.

Fiddynut

Also, it sucks that with only room for two in flower, I can't really give myself a chance to notice differences in multiple plants. Any suggestions for alleviating this? My hunch is just super awesome, reliable genetics...

Tri_Cho_Me
I wouldn't worry about it much. With 2 plants you have a chance of 2 pheno's. Shit I was 3 for 3 so it just depends on how stable the strain is. The best thing you can do is get the best genetics that you can find and grow them as happy as they can be. Try different strains until you find one you love. Clone the one you love and keep a cutting in your cabinet but grow others too for variety and a chance of finding something better. People say growing weed is addictive so you may end up with more than one tent someday. Either way I'm sure you will be sampling some of your first grow in a couple months or so and have a huge smile on your face and a great sense of accomplishment.

Tri_Cho_Me

Good evening Tri_Cho_Me. I think that it will be easer to tell if you have different pheno's after a couple more weeks. Since the germination times are different you probably can't tell much yet. Your smaller plant now may be your biggest and best yielder at the end. You will just have to watch them and see. Mine were very similar to each other until the end of veg and really started to separate in the stretch and flower.
I used fem seeds on my first grow and will be using them on my second. I'm glad I did it made it less complicated. I have a 3x3x7 flower tent and a 2x4x7 veg tent so I don't have a ton of room either. What I will be counting on is that males show earlier than females so I can have more plants in smaller pots until I toss the boys and pot up my 3 lady's or however many I'm going to flower. Just a little more complicated but may be worth the effort from what I'm reeding.
Your doing great and I think keeping things as simple as possible is great. If down the road you want to experiment that go for it. Find out what works for you and rock it.
I remember your veg cabinet from a few weeks ago. Did you get it vented? You still won't need it for a bit but it will help you get more harvests in when you use it.

I basically just need a small oscillating fan and a T5 setup that I can attach to the top of the inside of that cabinet and Im set. I have everything else. I think between the fan and that cold air intake in there, the ventilation should be fine.

I put a bunch of that sticky felt type stuff on the cabinet doors to try and seal it so no light would peek out. Didn't work, so now I am trying to figure out a way to block that area without being obvious. Shoe rack... Some sort of drape or curtain over it... Not sure yet.

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

I basically just need a small oscillating fan and a T5 setup that I can attach to the top of the inside of that cabinet and Im set. I have everything else. I think between the fan and that cold air intake in there, the ventilation should be fine.

I put a bunch of that sticky felt type stuff on the cabinet doors to try and seal it so no light would peek out. Didn't work, so now I am trying to figure out a way to block that area without being obvious. Shoe rack... Some sort of drape or curtain over it... Not sure yet.

Tri_Cho_Me
Sounds good Tri_Cho_Me.
I've herd that light proof isn't super important in veg so you may be ok. I think what is important is that they get 18 hours under that t5. Maybe make your dark period in the middle of the night when there isn't as much light around your house. I read a thread on icmag whare somebody was using a hall closet and they would go in to get clothes all the time during lights out and had no problems. I'd say do your best to make it dark but don't worry too much about light leaks. Maybe even a cardboard box in front of it or something.

Tri_Cho_Me

Sounds good Tri_Cho_Me.
I've herd that light proof isn't super important in veg so you may be ok. I think what is important is that they get 18 hours under that t5. Maybe make your dark period in the middle of the night when there isn't as much light around your house. I read a thread on icmag whare somebody was using a hall closet and they would go in to get clothes all the time during lights out and had no problems. I'd say do your best to make it dark but don't worry too much about light leaks. Maybe even a cardboard box in front of it or something.

Well, aside from the seal, it is right in an entryway, so not having it stick out like a sore thumb if I ever have guests over would be nice. Thats why I was thinking something like a shoe rack. It can serve a double purpose. People can put shoes there when they visit, but it also blocks that cabinet right there.

Tri_Cho_Me

Latest posts

Latest posts