What's new

Black Ra1n's Seed Laboratory

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
What up my brother, looks like uve been busy makin seeds!!! Nice to see u goin strong. I finally am gonna get growin again, after way too long of a hiatus. First batch up will be Mumbles and some others u gifted me. I gotta return the favor asap!!!See ya soon with those new babies!!!Keep a look out...Peace

- Z

G

:wave: BR I'm along for the ride!!! I just got caught up and I'm veri impressed. :headbange

I want to see how this project turns out. If it works I think I might have to try it with some of my cuts?????

Nice work
GCG

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Man...I'm glad this thread hasn't moved very far. It enabled me to catch up very easily :yes:

Amazing results thus far BR :respect: Working like a charm.
Hopefully, after a lack of an update for awhile...it's still going as well.

Seed Company, patent on a feminized seed breeding box :chin: Your opportunities are endless here.
I like your idea "Dollarama" of seed companies. Shake up the corporate seed shills. $100 + a 10 pack? pfft :confused:
You're right...aren't we trying to show everyone it's normal that plants grow? every type of plant?

I have that documentary you speak of "In Pot We Trust"...but I've yet to watch it :bat: I'm sure it will just make me angry though.

I agree with your statements that our current conservative gov't caters to the likes of the US republican gov't in their process of the war on drugs. Cross border policies have been easier to implement with the conservatives in power and the Bush administration has taken advantage of that opportunity.
If you havn't noticed...clemency, another longtime Canadian tradition is also being scrapped by our current gov't. It is a sad time in Canadian history to see our long standing humanitarian progression regress so rapidly due to a minority gov't and a lack of opposition strength.
We've been sold down the river my friend :nono:
I'll stop before I go out into a full out Rick Mercer style rant :rant: :biglaugh:

back to the project at hand :lurk: Can't wait to see what kind of results you put together :wave:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: Hia B/R, the youngins look great bro, i like your experiments :headbange . Male parts from light poisoning? u mean a hermie? if its so, thats sad bro :badday: But i'm sure this will end with a great outcome :rasta: .Take care bro. :joint:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Flower Week 4

Flower Week 4

Dr Dog, hey bro yeah there seems to be a bunch of balls now, not seeing too many pistils but I think it may just take a bit more time. It's only been a week since the 3 weeks of light poisoning.

ZeusOGrefugee, nice to see you popping in. Hope you get something going soon bro, don't worry about the seeds, it's all about sharing eh.

garlic city gro, hey man, I've wanted to try this since I read it in High Times 4 or 5 years ago. I'm not sure if it will work or not, I do see some male parts and there seems to be some pollen flying around. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

TML16, hey bro. You said it, it's getting nuts the price of seeds. I've pretty much given up on anything to do with the Gov. they had my hopes up a few years ago when they were talking of decriminalizing, and yet again we're back in the ice age. We are far too influenced by US policy in this country. The saddest part is that we sit back and take it. Hopefully it will change someday, glad your along for the ride man.

StonedGrunt55, yeah man actually on this project balls are a good thing lol I'm seeding out some 39 clones I had to see if I make feminized seeds. It's just an experiment, but I have high hopes.

sugabear_II, thanks for stopping in man, seems all the usual gang is aboard.

Okay guys it's been a while since I've updated, sorry but this new job is nuts. I've noticed lots of activity going on in this cab, hopefully it ends up working, but if not I'll just pollinate them with some PPP pollen I have in the freezer.

Here's a shot of the group... it's been a week since I took them off the 3 weeks of light poisoning. You'll notice there's not many pistils, I'm not sure if this is normal or not lol, but you can see the male flowers starting... I also noticed some pollen on some of the lower fan leaves.....

That's it for now, I'll be wacking these ladies with fert 3 times a week to get them pumping, with a nice dose of molasses in between.

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
crazy stuff bro, almost does not look like weed
Well having done your job before in my storied past, I can only expect that you are happy getting work!

Good to see an update

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Black Ra1n said:
StonedGrunt55, yeah man actually on this project balls are a good thing lol I'm seeding out some 39 clones I had to see if I make feminized seeds. It's just an experiment, but I have high hopes.
B/R

Oh, now i got it... :headbange thats a worthy goal bro :canabis: 39 is great, may evrything goes as u wish my freind.. If u don't try, u'll never know :confused: . Goodluck on your experiment! :wave:

GOSH

Hi Blackrain and hi everybody!
Your project man is very interesting and i'm going linkin it in my favourites..
But i've a question: has that strain yellow pistils or is only mine pc??
enjoy ;)

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
:chin: hmm...I see some male genetalia some female organs in there...and ...wtf? :biglaugh:
I think those poor plants are as confused as Michael Jackson now :bashhead:

Project looks to be in order :yes: Hoping this comes out sucessfull. Would have me putting together light poison breeding centre in no time.
What a great way to keep an awesome feminized stock. Imagine the possibilities for outdoor - from seed growing? :yoinks:
You got me getting ahead of myself here. I just that excited about your project though :lurk:

Keep us posted :smile:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi BR. I was just wondering, do you think the seeds might be prone to being hermie? would be interesting to see if this produces good results :wave:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Finally an update....

Finally an update....

Hey Guys sorry for the delay, but I've been so damn busy and I guess the site was down for a bit anyway. I apologize to all those who's threads I visit on a regular basis, I hope to get there soon.

StonedGrunt55, thanks for the encouragement man. I'm not sure if this is going to work or not, time will tell. Like I said if they don't seed themselves I'll just use some of the PPP pollen I have in storage.

GOSH, the yellow pistils you saw are male pollen sacs, or at least I hope that's what they were. They also could have been stressed out early buds. The light poisoning stresses them out quite a bit. Thanks for stopping in.

TML16, thanks so much. I hope I did this right, I guess we'll know in a few weeks or so. The bud development for 6 weeks is weird, but I think the stressful environment has something to do with that.

Sammet, I don't think so man. Most seed breeders use this technique and if not they have at some point in time. I've read about the silver method, and I may try that when I get my lab moved and have more space to further my projects lol...

Okay well here's what they look like at 6 weeks ... bare in mind that they were really stressed from the light poisoning, but they are developing normally now.

Take care all.. this pic is from last week so I'll try to update soon.

B/R

NorthernKronic

Grower of fine herbs...
Veteran
Hey there BR, Havent been here yet, hard to believe with how much time i spend on IC i must apologize. But hey man this is a cool little experiment you got going on here. I was thinking....

Maybe if the next time you try this, you dont light poison them until like 3 or 4 weeks into flowering, giving them time to create buds that would be proper for pollination. Does that make sense or am I just high. Ive heard that this is the best way to make feminized seeds though, better than the giberlic silver because i heard that causes offspring to be more likely to be hermie. Well im interested to see what happens. Keep up the good work bro. Peace.

-N.Kron:rasta:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey N.Kron, glad you could make it by bro. I did a bunch of reading on this before I attempted it. From the article I have in High Times they say to start the light poisoning as soon as you flip the light to 12/12 for 3 weeks. During this 3 week period I noticed some weird bud development or what could have been some male parts, but never really noticed any pollen sacs. After 3 weeks I returned to a normal flowering. The buds took a good 4 weeks to develop and now are busting. If I don't notice any seeds soon I'll pollinate them with the PPP pollen I have in stock and make some more Mumbles beans. This is my first attempt at the light poisoning so I may have to try it again later if it doesn't work. I'll have an update tonight when the lights come on.

B/R

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Seems this experiment is time consuming, but the end results could be well worth it.

I too hope they start seeding soon and all goes well :yes:

I think NKron raises a good point. Seems to me it would make more sense to already have a base of buds before the poisoning began.
I'm sure the experienced growers at HT know what they're doing...just could be worth a shot the other way too.

My interest is still piqued :lurk:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: Hey B/R, i wish u luck on your experiment :headbange , may evrything turn out as u wish. Either way with what u might pollinate them, i bet it will be a great outcome :canabis: . Goodluck bro & happy holidays :rasta: :bongsmi: .

Edit: :woohoo: 1000 posts!!!!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey TML, yeah this project is taking longer than I thought. I was hoping to do a run of something you gifted me, but it's going to have to wait till I get a place and build my new room. Thanks for stopping by.

StonedGrunt55, with the way dog's mumbles 2 is looking, I'll be more than happy to dust these ladies with PPP. Take care man.

Update.....

I've been feeding my ladies with some organic bloom from Canadian Tire. It cost me 5 bucks and they seem to love it. I notice a big difference in the development in the last week. I alternate my feedings with fert then molasses. I will be buying some good nutes when I move, for now it's too far to go and it's just another thing I'll have to pack up when I leave.

Group shot, I don't think I would have been able to veg these at all. They are already close to the light as it is. I may have to try them down soon.

Some bud shots..... not much frost as of yet, but they'll frost up soon.

That's it for now, my next run in my new room has me excited. I'm going to run a group run of 5 strains along with a two clones for a side by side of chemical based versus organic based fert. Take care guys.

B/R

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey BR whats that white stuff on the leaves in the 2nd to last picture? Those hairs remind me of tentacles :D

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Sammet, the white stuff is just residue from a foliar feed I did recently. I normally rinse them off the next day but haven't had time yet.

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Plants are looking good man, very interesting, looks like a bunch of lettuce

Looks like some heat issues in that rubbermaid too

SHould be a nice little seed machine

Cool stuff man