What's new

Black Ra1n's Seed Laboratory

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I had to modify this thread... because I ran out of room to upload pics, I decided to delete all the pictures in this thread... the project didn't work out as planned... so stay tuned for further seed projects!!!

Hey guys, I started this new thread because I'm going to be playing around with some strains. The first of which is M39. There's a lot of controversy around this strain. Lets start this off with some history, then I'll explain the whole misconception with the US slang of "Beasters" for M39.

M39 is a cross of Skunk 1 and Northern Lights Basic 5. Now comes another hot topic where does it originate? Great question, I've been told in Canada, others say it was developed in Holland and yet again others say England. Either or, it kicks and I fell in love with it years ago when I was given a cut. I've looked all over the internet and can't seem to find many seeds, so I'm going to make some. Now back to the whole "beasters" phrase. Asian gangs in Canada are growing huge commercial crops of M39 along with a few other big yielding plants. The problem is, they don't finish it properly, they don't dry it and it sure as hell is not cured what so ever. They then pack it up in large bags and ship it off. This is why this strain has such a bad rep. I, along with a few other's are setting out to set the record straight on this strain.

The project: I have 8 M39 clones taken from my friends original mom which was from Montreal. We've been using this same mom for 5 years now and she has never let us down.

I have built this bin.....

I plan on light poisoning the M39's to create some female seeds. Lets see if this experiment is feasible.

Project #2

I have recently crossed M39 with Nirvana's PPP and Ak 48. I called the Strain Mumbles.... Mumbles #1 is M39 x PPP, #2 is M39 x Ak 48. While this project was going on I think the M39 scrog I had seeded itself on a few lower branches so it through the whole project off. A good friend Dr. Dog is currently running some of these beans and I have a few of them in veg myself. I do plan on redoing the Mumbles #1 at a later date, I think it will be a killer strain.

Mumbles #1 on the right (unstable), on the left is a possible pure M39 that was created by light stress from the scrog. It looks a lot like the other M39's I've had.

That's it for now, I'll be starting this project within the week.

B/R

Last edited:

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Got the first seat
AS always, your loyal tester :woohoo: :bow:

Mumbles 1

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Awesome show bro, glad your grabbing a seat!!! That baby is looking sweet, are you happy with it? I sure am lol.
14204PA190109-thumb.JPG

B/R

Dr Dog

Veteran
It is my favorite plant right now
I think I may have pneumonia right now, as I have been fighting a severe cold for about 10 days and I am just getting worse, off to the dr's tomorrow, to get checked out. I have not even smoked any all weekend which is strange for me

But I have mumbles front and center in my area, first plant I look at, when I check them.
I find her very hardy, nothing seems to knock her down at all, full ferts, drought, she loves it all and has shown no signs of yellowing, burnt tips, nothing.
I am really looking forward to the next few weeks to see the show she puts on. I did not clone her as I had way too many plants at the time she went into be flowered. But I have 6 beans left from the strain, hopefully I can grab another awesome female from her. It will be interesting as the other mumbles I have in there is pheno 2, so we sould have a good comparison in the next few weeks

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:wave: Hi B/R ,since i saw your new thread i'm taking a seat here :lurk: . Nice one, starting with the 39 :yes: hehehehe, :rasta: & i know what u'r saying about the asian gang's weed, when growers sell stuff that way (not properly dried & cured) its because they'r more intrested in the money, especially if they sell it to rookies. There r a bunch here too & i think evrywhere, lol once about 13 years ago i baught 10g of buds not properly dried & cured, & obviously i couldn't smoke it well so i had to at least dry it my self :muahaha: .
Take care bro! :headbange

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Thanks for the history lesson on M39 :yes:
I too did hear it not only originated in Canada, but specifically in Montreal :confused:
I did have no idea it was the same as what is refered to as "Beasters" in the US...that term always confused me, and assumed it was just a generalized term for mid-grade bud.

I plan to pop some Mumbles beans within the week...so I too will be on board for being a bit late in testing, but will give you more ideas at the available phenos.

Been very much anticipating your light poisoning project :lurk: If successfull, you may inspire me to do the same.

Count me in on keeping up with this project :smile:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Flower Day 1

Flower Day 1

Dr Dog, hey bro glad you like the cross. Hope you're getting better, I hate being sick. Take care...

Sleepy, welcome aboard, can I get you a drink?

ZeusOGrefugee, nice to see the posse is gathering, take care man.

StonedGrunt55, I'm tired of these gangs screwing it up for everyone. They're the ones who bring all the violence to the scene. All the rest of us growers are just pot heads lol do they not understand how chilled out we are??? Glad to see you here man.

TML16, I've been wanting to try this since I read about it in High Times years ago. Hope the mumbles works out, I really think it's going to be good.

Okay........... for all you Canadian followers did you happen to watch the special on Marc Emery the other night. If you didn't go download it and be amazed yet again at how dumb the US government is. We are getting overloaded with United States bull propaganda, and I for one am so sick of the lies. This one dumb azz who is some old anti drug loser in the government had the nerve to say that marijuana is the deadliest drug on the planet, I respond by asking him what f'n planet is he from? Do they understand the problem with meth??? Lets not forget all the heroine junkies that walk the streets or the coke heads that break into your house and steal your shat. I'm tired of the US (not the people the dumb government) throwing there weight around and screwing with our policies. Have you heard anything about decriminalizing marijuana since the conservatives took over???? nope and why because Mr Harper is a Bush licker and not the female variety. Mr Harper wants to stiffen the laws, have another million innocent people in jail for smoking a plant that's less destructive than alcohol and tobacco. Go find that show and watch it, your blood will boil too. Sorry for the :cuss: but I'm just a tad bit upset!! :rant:

If anyone wants this I'll be more than happy to find it for you, it's called "Prince Of Pot" another great documentary is called "In Pot We Trust" ....

Okay on with the lab...... I planted 6 clones in my bin, it's going to be tight but I'll just snip all the undergrowth and pin the upward stuff down if I have too. I'm not interested in huge buds just seeds.

I'm running this one on a different schedule, with the lights on from 6 at night till 6 in the morning. I'm hoping no one will see this cab during the day, well more or less my mother in law lol, who picks my wife and son up every morning. Well that's it for now, I'll explain the light poisoning more in detail later. Take care fellow addicts lmfao...... us menaces to society!!!

B/R

Last edited:

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Black Ra1n said:
StonedGrunt55, I'm tired of these gangs screwing it up for everyone. They're the ones who bring all the violence to the scene. All the rest of us growers are just pot heads lol do they not understand how chilled out we are??? Glad to see you here man.

B/R

:bashhead: yep, they make us look bad... just like u said they bring hate, violence because they'r obsessed with money. We r much different from them & i hope the world will realise someday. Btw i like your veg-box :yes: , from the looks of your stuff it seems u like evrything in order & organised :headbange nothing better than that. Clones look nice & cute babes lol :canabis: . goodluck man! :wave:

Budless

Lead the way BR! Hopefully I can follow in your footsteps. I recently got through with genetics in school and I'd love to apply everything I've learned with modes of inheritance and such. I'll definitely keep watch on this thread!

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Flowering Day 5

Flowering Day 5

StonedGrunt55, hey bro, yeah I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to uniformity, well some say it's a disorder lol, glad you're along for the ride.

Budless, that would be a nice class to take. Thanks for stopping in.

Okay here's an update....

Day 5 of 12/12, I gave them a shot of molasses,epsom and liquid bone meal. Now a little info on breeding (info taken from High Times).

Definitions:

Backcrossing: Crossing an offspring with one of it's parents to reinforce a parental trait.

Outcrossing: Crossing a plant with an unrelated variety.

Stabilized Hybrid: A variety that was bred, then backcrossed with itself for successive generations, the end result being a true-breeding strain like Skunk #1.

F1 Hybrid: The result of crossing two related varieties to produce a strain bearing characteristics of both parents like Northern Lights #5 x Haze #1.

F2 Hybrid: A cross of two related plants; pertains only to hybrids. For example any F1 bred to itself, or any crossing of this line back to itself.

Pure Variety: Any true-breeding population for example Afghani, Durban and Thai.

Light poisoning: the lights are turned on for an hour during the middle of the 12 hour dark period. This is done during the first 3 weeks of flowering. A male branch is formed and pollinates the female. There are no male chromosomes so the seeds that are formed have no male chromosomes, thus all female. Sounds easy doesn't it....hmmm lets see.

Take care....

B/R

Dr Dog

Veteran
Interesting dude
I would love to see what a stablized mumbles would do, the only issue I really have with her is she has no foliage, it looks like a clone from the back of Ricky's car, but she is budding

your experiments should make for some very interesting plants :abduct:

I can't wait to see the pics of the seeds- a -poppin

Dr Dog

Veteran
Dude I just watched the Emery thing, man does that make me mad too, make me want to open a seed business and only sell to Americans

Well all I have to say is Free the 3

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
:puppydoge Thats sad bro, but i'm sure u'll fix it... From what i'm seeing & reading u have what it takes, u know things well... That light poisoning thing sounds intresting :rasta: wish u success on the result.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Dr Dog said:
Dude I just watched the Emery thing, man does that make me mad too, make me want to open a seed business and only sell to Americans

Well all I have to say is Free the 3

LoL you said it bro, it makes you wonder though really.

StonedGrunt55, thanks bro, I've never tried this before so it's a learning process. I hope it works out, cause if it does I may have to start my own seed company lol ... the dollar store of the seed empire.

Okay well I had to veg my clones for a bit, so I only started the 12/12 plus 1 hour in the middle of out time on Oct 31, so we're in around a week an a bit. They've started to shoot pistils and smell skunky already mmmmmmmmmmm :headbange I figure if this doesn't go as planned I'll use up my PPP pollen to start the true Mumbles strain. I've had a lot of feed back on the PPP, and it's all been good. She is a keeper and with a cross with the M39 she could only get better.

Here's the ladies....

I'm in need of some nutes, the outdoor grow ate up all my reserves. I'll have to hit up a shop on my way to work.

B/R

StonedGrunt55

Still Getting Sky-High
Veteran
Black Ra1n said:
StonedGrunt55, thanks bro, I've never tried this before so it's a learning process. I hope it works out, cause if it does I may have to start my own seed company lol ... the dollar store of the seed empire.
B/R

:wave: Thats great bro, we learn from trying things even if the result comes bad, we learn from its mistake... but hopefully nothing goes wrong, especially with someone skilled as u :headbange .
Seed company, why not? I think its a good idea, u got what it takes the way i see it... I'll be happy to be one of your customers more to be a customer of someone i don't know :rasta: .
Those cute Babies r looking good & nice hehehe, sweet lil babes. :joint:
take care bro. :D

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
StonedGrunt55, thanks bro, it's definitely an awesome hobby.

Okay the ladies are exploding with growth, and I also noticed some male parts on them so the light poisoning is working. I may have to trim the ladies down if they get too out of control or introduce a scrog. I have pics but the site is screwed up and won't upload them so I'll post them when it's fixed.

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Ok here are the pictures I promised. First is what I discovered yesterday, some male parts from the light poisoning.

Here's a group shot, two of them are producing pollen. They really grew in the past few days, and they smell already.

Take care all, have to replace my filter on my scrubber. I bought a replacement filter from honeywell. It fits great on my home made scrubber and it's only 16 bucks and lasts for one flowering run.

B/R

Dr Dog

Veteran
Those are alot of balls
It's a boy!!!! No, wait..........it's a girl???
Looks crazy bro, your little automated seed making Machine
You could put them on ebay like this dude
ebay link

Latest posts

Latest posts