What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
Hey BR, as far as the odor control question, I have never used any type of scrubber or anything for that matter, cause odor has never been a prob where Ive lived and grown, but I know u can buy this GEL that absorbs odors, its supposed to work really well...check it out...

http://www.plantitearth.com/store/product.asp?pid=145&catid=5

looks like good stuff, and its pretty affordable. Peace out bro', and good luck w/ the M39......

-Z

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey ZoG thanks for the link. Hey Pontiac thanks for stopping by.

Well I'm about to transplant this stinky lady into my bin. My buddy grows in straight vermiculite/perlite with awesome results. I however am going to stick to my soil method for this one, mostly cause I'm going to train this lady to stay low. I'll post some pics later.

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
M 39 ....

M 39 ....

Well here she is, damn she stinks, well it's a good stink.

I transplanted this m 39 clone into this bin. I drilled holes all around the top edge so I can tie her down and fill the space, it's the same as scrog, but with no screen. I do this same thing outdoors, but with sod staples to keep them down. I do this until she starts to flower then I let them grow upwards. You end up with a nice bush, and a whole bunch of tops. It's also great if you are limited to height restrictions eg. nosy damn neighbors.

She's pretty nicely structured and already has a nice lean, this will make the training a little easier. I already twisted in between the top and middle, it crushes the inner plant, but she'll heal up bigger increasing the diameter of the stalk for water and nutrient uptake. I read about this method years ago in High Times, it works great. It also strengthens the plant for that extra bulk the technique increases. If you have the patience to veg longer, you can greatly increase the size and yield of a plant.

Well that's it for now, sorry for the ranting, I'm pretty stoned :)

B/R

Last edited:

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice grow , ive got some ak48 beans waiting for next round so ill be watching

G

Nice box Black Rain...and good report and pics.The bubblicious can be real sensitive and prone to hermie if stressed.....peace

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
what up guys?!!!Lookin nice, as always BR, are u just gonna flower out that 1 clone?? What kind of yield can u get from it?? I like the idea of just usin 1 plant, training the fuck out of it, and then gettin a huge yield from it. This might be good for my next grow, w/ a scrog and my cfl's??!! What do you think? Anyhow, Ill be checkin here often, so get used to my sorry ass!!!LOL. Oh yea, hey BG, howz things??

Peace...Zeus :joint: :wave: :respect: :hotbounce

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey M@rg, thanks for stopping by. Hope my ak's are as nice as Zeus's.

Hey budluver thanks for the heads up on that Bubble.

Hey BG, hope I can get some nice tops like your's, thanks for stopping by.

Hey Zeus, man you're always welcome. I'm only going to flower this one 39. I'm going to keep her nice and low and fill this whole bucket. I've have good success with this method outdoors so I guess this is an experiment to see if I can get more of a yield. I'm running out of room in my cab, so I'm going to build a shelf to put my others on it to sex them. I wish they were farther along, but I did top them the other day so I can't be too impatient. They're doing good, nicely branching off. No roots on those clones yet, but it's only been 3 days haha

Zeus you should try a scrog with those cfl's, or even try a tie down method like I'm going to do. If it increases the yield it will be well worth it.

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
First training session

First training session

Hey WM, thanks for the kind words, grab a seat.

Okay I started the training. I used some string to tie the branches where I want them to grow. I'm going to grab some sod staples from work and use those as well.

As you can see room is scarce in this cab now, I can't wait to put that shelve in.
Well that's it for now .... thanks for reading eh!

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Well today I built a shelf. It was getting a bit crowded in the flower room so I had to do something. I also found this wire crate at work, so I cut a few sides off it and made into a sweet scrog screen. My clones are close to popping roots, things are going pretty good.

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
lookin nice man, I like the new screen o' green!!! Im def. gonna do a scrog for my next grow, I feel its the only way to get a good yield with cfl's...Im also gonna try ur method of just 1 clone/plant in a big tub with alot of LST'ing. I think that will work out for me just fine....Later dude...

-Z

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey There BR

just caught up on the thread.
Great clean and stealth grow. You have the cleansliness of a womans touch :yoinks:

Congrats of the rooted clones :yes: and nice shelf addition.
Nice to see all these ICmaggers hard at work :smile:

Keep'r growin eh! I'll be back :lurk:

mtnjohn

Veteran
hey B/R...wazz up bro :wave:

sweet setup ....plants lookin good...cant wait to see how the M39 does for ya

i'm just gonna take a seat over here in the back row if thats ok
i'll try not to make too much noise while i eat my :lurk: ..lol

whada you got to drink??

mj

kooki

:yes: screen is lookin cool BR , u can work your even canopy to that screen, just keep tyin it down to it, and then see the buds grow ..woosh :D nice work u can sure diy things and make a nice clean setup

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey all thanks for the props.

Zeus, I was checking out your grow, those ak's are getting nice and fat. Man I hope you took some clones off those.

TML16, hey man grab a chair... man I'm pissed Toronto didn't make the playoffs.

mtnjohn, thanks for stopping by. I'm sure I can find some scotch somewhere in this place. There's some interesting news on the M39 clone. I was wondering why it stinks so badly so I asked my buddy today. He has informed me that I may have gotten his bc big bud clone instead. It's not for certain yet but I may have a big bud instead of a 39, I'll know better tomorrow when he stops by to take a look.

kooki, I spend most of my time at work either looking for, or trying to find something to grow weed or help with the process :) Thanks for stopping by man.

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Yeah...really wished the Leafs coulda made it :badday: Gotta play hard all season!

I guess we're just gonna have to cheer on the Sens now eh :wink:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Week 5

Week 5

Hey all, well I gave my plants a good douse of fert. yesterday. I used Midnight Sun @ 23mls per liter. I've used this product for 3 years now and thought I couldn't get it anymore, but found a few bottles at a store the other day and bought them up quickly. This stuff is great for quick aggressive growth.

Maroc x Afghan ... This seems to be a quick grower. It came back from the topping very nicely and is ready for another trim soon.

PPP ... I'm really banking on this strain. I've seen some good genetics in the pictures I've seen. This strain can't handle the same nute dose as the others.

Ak 48 ... This is another quick grower. It seems to be the easiest out of all the strains I have to clone as well. I checked my cloner today and saw some root nodes on the ak 48 clone.

The Clones ... Today is day 7, but I noticed that the temp wasn't constant when the light went off, so I wired a plug in my mother/clone room and put my heating mat in. It is timed to go on 1/2 an hour before the light goes out and goes off an 1/2 hour after the light goes on. I have a constant temp of 90 in the mother/clone room and the water temp is around 75-80. This is my first time with a bubble cloner so I'm not too sure when they should root, but of course every strain is different.

The Scrog ... Okay what I thought was a M39 clone is a Big Bud clone, which is okay, but I guess they really stink so I'm going to need good odor control. I'm switching it too flower mode tonight, cause I'm sure I'll get enough growth over the next 2 weeks to fill the scrog screen. I'm also sexing all the others that are in the flower room, so I can figure out what I have.

Well that's it for now, anyone have any good advice on bubble cloning???? cause when it comes to it I'm a total newb.

Thanks for stopping by....

B/R

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey BR, howz it goin??Thinkgs are lookin good in your growroom. I really like that screen...Im not sure, but I would veg that BigBud a little more before the switch, but thats just my .02!!! See ya later...
- -Z

Latest posts

Latest posts