What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Ra1n's Grow Journal

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey BR...awsome dude. I just had to go through it all again and check out your craftsmanship. Very inspiring indeed.

I'm with Zeus and think you could veg those a while longer. Not too familiar on the big bud but I don't think it's a big stretcher. once it's budding.

My .02? give it another week or so in veg but start adding flower nutes now. that way she's primed and ready for the day you switch to 12/12. I've done that for my last few runs and it really helped I'd have to say. Grotek Bud Fuel is what I use.

Peace Bro. Great Sho
BG

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Zeus and BG, how's it going guys? okay I'll go one more week. How much is that Grotek? I have to drive some distance to find a grow store. I've used liquid bone meal before, it worked pretty good. I also use Shultz bloom, I know it's not organic, but my options are pretty limited. Any other advice on ferts?

B/R

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
I'm no expert when it comes to Nutes BR...what I can tell you is lean one at a time slowly...don't go rushin out and buying a ton of new nutes or you won't know what just did what for what and you'll probobly over fert. Since you have to drive so far then I can see wanting to make the trip worth while though. So for another .02 I'll say that alot of growers are saying good things about these all in one products. So...go to the store and select a full line. For me I chose BioBizz Product Line...Grow and Bloom. Once I saw how it worked I added Mother Earth Green Tea. GroTek Bud Fuel, Then when I saw how all that worked I started adding Floralicious Plus. Last time I was at the store I picked up a few new things but haven't used them yet as I'm still feelin out this stuff.....follow?...I'm a little high.

ha
BG

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave: :joint: Hey guys, Im alot stoned right now, but I agree with BG, BR. Find one nute line or all-in-one that u think is good and try it. Start out light and see how they like it. I have had good results with the EJ line so far, aside from havin to get my PH in check, but just try something organic, and see how it does. U could also use some molasses for 12/12, it'll give P and sweeten ur buds...I like liquid Budswell too. Killer stuff. I used it for my 1st 2 grows, and had buds the size of donkey-dicks!!!Check it out man...Good luck!!

Peace out..... :sasmokin:

- Zeus

Jerry Maine

Fantastic grow dude, your growbox is one of the tidiest I've seen. And those plants and clones are looking well healthy too.

Scuse while I pull up a lazychair, and yeah, I'll go a scotch too.

J

kooki

Nice work BR , who's Marocxafghan is it? nirvana? ,sounds like a good cross to me, as i like afghan :joint:
cant wait to see it budding ,and get an idea of how it looks n such..
:wave:
EDIT:
Nevermind lol i just reread first post and it is nirvana.. :pointlaug @ kooki

Last edited:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey all...........

Zeus and BG thanks for the nute advice, I've never used anything from a grow store except diamond nectar. How much are those budding liquids anyways?

Hey Jerry thanks eh, yeah I vacuum my cab out once a week. I figure if it's clean, they're a lesser chance of pestilence showing up. Grab a seat, I'll be back with some Auchentoshan from the lowlands, my ancestors are from there ... it's smoothhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Hey Kooki, thanks for stopping back in. Yeah all my beans are from Nirvana. I'm on a tight budget and can't fork out big coin for f1's. I'm looking forward to all the babies I have right now. I also have some bubbleicious going, as well as come canadian mist and some other bagseed a buddy dropped off. From the pics I've seen, the M x A is very nice.

Okay so I got up this morning and checked my cloner (like I do every morning) and I GOT ROOTS BABY, now I know this isn't all that exciting, but I could never clone PERIOD!!!! and I'm a horticulturist, that's just embarrassing. I'll tell anyone ... if I can do it, anyone can!!! The key to a bubble cloner is the constant temp of 75+ and changing your water every 2nd day.

Take care all ....

B/R

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Since you are driving a distance...take 100 bucks maybe .... should cover a good start-up base of Nutes I'd say. Trying to remember I spent about 100 I think when I switched from Advanced Nutrients products to BioBizz stuff. Just buy the 1 litre bottles for now BR. Usually somewhere around $25-$35 each. While you're there you'll most likely want some other non nute stuff so $100 bucks should be close

Good luck

kooki

:wave: nice job on cloning..
nothin wrong with cheap beans like nirvana i say.. i got several packs of diff things, one is afghan (grown it a few runs and smokes nice n hashy ) so your marocxafghan is interestin to see any differences :)
I tend to also grow on a budget, its just for self sufficiency so it dont matter i say, and some plants u get really surprise u in taste and potency. :joint:

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
BG, thanks for the info man, I'm going to try to hit up a shop soon.

Hey Kooki, man I've never had a problem with Nirvana. I plug them to all my friends, for the price you can't go wrong. I've grown skunk 1, bubblegum, misty in past grows all from nirvana and they all finished great. The bubblegum was amazing, wish I still had some of those beans left :( ... I'm hopping that M x A has a nice taste, I like a good hash taste ... the last time I had a good smoke like that was some Moroccan hash I stumbled upon, it was white, gooey and knocked me on my ass nicely hahaha. I've been smoking m 39 for the past 2 years, and I think it's time for a change lol.

Take care all .... have a good week-end eh!

B/R

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hello fellow growers and stoner's...

Well I'm having some heat issues in my mother/clone room. The problem is.... when my light is on the temp in the cloner is 75 which is great, but when the light goes out the temp drops below 70, which I think is why they're taking so long to shoot. To combat this I put my heat mat under the cloner and have it set on a timer to come on when the light goes out, but I think it gets too hot cause some of my clones are heat stressed. I think an aquarium heater is my best bet, I'll head to wally world later and see if I can get a cheap ass one.

Here's the mother/clone room, which is getting pretty crowded.

Here's a pic of the new bubble cloner I made. I took a plastic ice cream tub, drilled some 1/2 inch holes in the top. I then cut a bubble wand and put it in the center of the top. I had another double outlet air pump a buddy gave me so I hooked both lines into the one bubble wand, which gives a nice amount of bubbles. I added some 10-52-10 at about 1/4 strength to the mix and the roots have grown quite a bit on this ak 48 clone in just a day. 2 of the PPP's have root tips, and should be ready for the second cloner in 2 days.

The M x A looks like it may be a hard one to clone, none of the clones have any signs of roots as of yet. I took a few more clones yesterday off the Ak's and M x A's. This time I put slits in the ends to see if this helps to speed the rooting process any.

Here's a pic of the seedlings I transplanted yesterday. I ended up with 3 bubblicious and 3 bag seed Canadian Mist.

Well that's it for now, thanks for stopping by.

B/R

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome thread mate, I'm loving the cab. You make the cool tube yourself? I have so much respect for people who make their own grow rooms etc, makes me feel like a lazy ass for buying a tent and cool tube lol. Keep up the good work :D

:lurk:

mrgrowmez

Hey BR!!!
the clones are looking great man, im turning green over here...lol

dude im so tired...but cant help surfin through the threads on here to keep seeing pics and readin to get inspired!! sure you know the feeling

keep up the green growin
mr.g

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey Sammet, thanks for stopping by man. If I wasn't so cheap I probably would have bought a system myself lol. Everything was made myself with the help of ICmag forums and all the good DIY threads.

mrgrowmez, thanks for the kind words. I've been home all day, didn't get much accomplished, but I've read some good stuff on here lol, so I guess it was a wasted day hahaha.

Well I went to Wally and bought a heater, the problem now is that the damn heater is too tall so I'm going to have to cut a hole in my reservoir and silicone the bastard in with some aquarium silicone.

Take care all..

B/R

hidingtree

hey BR ! looks like your goin .... you're gonna love those ak48's ... can't wait to see your other stuff gettin goin .... yay !here's one pic of a recent one cut down 2 wks ago ... soon as this dang sinus prob clears up i'll smoke'm ! well guess it'll be cured nice and ready ......

see you around ! many blessings ,hidingtree

BonsaiGrower

Occasional User
Hey BR...did ya get your warmer all worked out yesterday? How's things today? Did you make it to the hydro store for nutes?

Peace Bro...hope life is going well for ya
BG

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey hidingtree, I can't wait to see these ak's popping bud, well actually I can't wait for any of these plants to pop some bud. I haven't seen any since I cropped in the fall. Thanks for stopping by man.

Hey Bonus Bag, glad you stopped by, those pics you sent me are looking good. They'll work great for the pin down method, they have great branch structure. Now just start bending them so they'll be trained when you pop them into the ground.

Hey BG, I have the heater but haven't put it in as of yet. I have to get another container so I can cut a hole in it for the heater, then I have to silicone it. It has to sit for a night to dry, so I think I'll do it today. Haven't gotten any nutes yet, the bank account isn't feeling so good this month, so I'll have to get some liquid bone meal and give that a try. This grow is going to be an experiment in cheapness-ness hahaha
Thanks for stopping by man, you're always welcome.

B/R

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nice tidy looking set up, I could never limit my ceiling like that, I wish I could, but I am more apt to growing trees. I really wish I shared your woodworking ability.
Good luck with your grow bro

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave: Hey BR, howz it goin man??? Ive been offline for a few days...but I like ur new bubble cloner, I gootta make one of those!!!Glad to see things are comin along nicely... All is well here as well, the purps are gettn fuckin huge, I didnt think I could get such big buds from CFL's, but hey, Im not complainin!!!Anyhow, check out my new pics later on, I gotta upload them first........Peace.

- Z
:woohoo: :wave: