What's new

bitchin bout biden

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They need to hire mental resource officers. 95% of mental/psychological resources have been removed. Getting help is near impossible today. It use to be common for people to get specific hospital help to recover from mental issues. Today there are none existent. They send cops to handle psychological issues. It impossible for that to work. Many won't understand Leo's commands so they take that as resisting arrest and use violence. That lady who had dementia and forgot to pay at Walmart got a dislocated shoulder and other injuries from that cop because she didn't understand. Both of these cops resigned and got charged. Its not gonna change if the police keep doing the job of a shrink.

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/19/99843...tia-face-charg

I would love this idea to come to fruition,finally a reality show worth watching 👌

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would love this idea to come to fruition,finally a reality show worth watching 👌

As long as the public stops being brutalized by cops. It would be a great show that puts a light on this issue. Cops need!! to be held responsible for their poor choices violating our rights.

Cannavore

Veteran
hard to do that when the police keep recieving more money to continue doing what they're doing. they need to be demilitarized and defunded.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed ! The public/ law abiding folk should not be abused by police,no arguments here. 🇺🇸

We all broke the law at some point my law abiding friend lol.. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and not abused because we broke the law.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha yes depending on the crime.
Someone growing / moving some weed is a totally different category than child rapist,and murderers.
I take my hat off to cops who can arrest some of these scum without putting hands on them.
I'm talking about the real evil fuckers that dont deserve 3 hots & a cot....just my opinion,I know that's not an acceptable stance , but I'm not gonna change my opinion,as I would not expect you to.

igrowone

Veteran
Someone growing / moving some weed is a totally different category than child rapist,and murderers.
I take my hat off to cops who can arrest some of these scum without putting hands on them.
I'm talking about the real evil fuckers that dont deserve 3 hots & a cot....just my opinion,I know that's not an acceptable stance , but I'm not gonna change my opinion,as I would not expect you to.

not that I was involved with this particular back and forth
but this is the core of dealing with innocent until proven guilty
this is damn tough to do where it seems obvious a heinous crime has been committed
until you review many a situation and you find not all obvious situations were so obvious after all
the remedy is not obvious to me

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I would hope those crimes are not being committed by most. Rich Political hacks like Trump do them frequently and get away with it.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I think he misses Trump dearly...

ambulance.jpg

audiohi

Veteran
DeSantis signs bill requiring Florida students, professors to register political views with state
Universities may lose funding if staff and students' beliefs do not satisfy Florida's GOP-run legislature

https://www.salon.com/2021/06/23/de...ssors-to-register-political-views-with-state/

Public universities in Florida will be required to survey both faculty and students on their political beliefs and viewpoints, with the institutions at risk of losing their funding if the responses are not satisfactory to the state's Republican-led legislature.

Based on the bill's language, survey responses will not necessarily be anonymous — sparking worries among many professors and other university staff that they may be targeted, held back in their careers or even fired for their beliefs.

According to the bill's sponsor, state Sen. Ray Rodrigues, faculty will not be promoted or fired based on their responses, but, as The Tampa Bay Times reported Tuesday, the bill itself does not back up those claims.

Cannavore

Veteran
https://greenwald.substack.com/p/a-c...addows-viewers

A Court Ruled Rachel Maddow's Viewers Know She Offers Exaggeration and Opinion, Not Facts

"
On one hand, a viewer who watches news channels tunes in for facts and the goings-on of the world. MSNBC indeed produces news, but this point must be juxtaposed with the fact that Maddow made the allegedly defamatory statement on her own talk show news segment where she is invited and encouraged to share her opinions with her viewers. Maddow does not keep her political views a secret, and therefore, audiences could expect her to use subjective language that comports with her political opinions.

Thus, Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news. The point of Maddow’s show is for her to provide the news but also to offer her opinions as to that news. Therefore, the Court finds that the medium of the alleged defamatory statement makes it more likely that a reasonable viewer would not conclude that the contested statement implies an assertion of objective fact."​

just like Tucker and the rest of them.