What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

mr.brunch

Veteran
It usually seems to be male people who are against abortion- funny that.
make em all pregnant against their will then ask them again.
personally, being male I understand that it’s not my place to decide.

audiohi

Veteran
Florida is sending police officers to the Mexican border. No, that's not a joke.
Gov. Ron DeSantis sends Florida police officers to Texas and Arizona to patrol the Mexican border.​

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...er/7737435002/

“We believe securing the border is important for our country,” DeSantis said. “Where the federal government has failed, the states are stepping up and doing our best to fill the void.”

The officers sent will be from the Florida Highway Patrol, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, as well as deputies from the sheriff’s offices in Brevard, Escambia, Hillsborough, Holmes, Lee, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton counties.

Your mission is to reassure them that they are desperately needed to play a vital role in the success of Florida’s economy, a role they have been playing for decades.

Remind these potential Florida workers just how easy it will be for them to fit in Florida, where much of Florida’s agriculture industry is made up of undocumented workers just like them.

And that the new E-Verify law in Florida specifically exempts agricultural businesses from complying with the law that bans the hiring of nondocumented workers just like them. That’s how much we want them.

It also exempts any business with fewer than 150 employees from complying. This opens up the worlds of construction jobs, janitorial services, home health care and restaurant dishwasher jobs to them.

So your main task as Florida's ambassadors to these potential workers is to make sure they’re fully hydrated with Florida orange juice and to point them in the Sunshine State’s direction.

If they need a map and route suggestions to Florida, be prepared to assist them.

This is extremely important. Remember, the estimated 911,000 undocumented people who are already in Florida are just not enough to fill all the job vacancies we have.

These undocumented immigrants in Florida not only fill the vital roles in labor-intensive industries, but they have paid an estimated $1.3 billion in federal taxes and $588.3 million in state and local taxes, according to the 2018 data compiled by New American Economy, a bipartisan immigration research nonprofit based in New York.

To give you a little perspective, that’s $1.3 billion more than Tesla founder Elon Musk, the second-richest person in the world, paid in federal income taxes that year.

So, you might want to learn to say the words “Muchas gracias” to Florida’s incoming workers.

igrowone

Veteran
always impressed with the conservative love for fetuses in the womb
any help after birth is seen as un-american

igrowone

Veteran
...so, because 'conservatives' don't want to pay then the best answer is to kill them all so we don't have to pay?

just pointing out there's some inconsistency
if you're determined that a woman brings a fetus to term where she would choose otherwise
then you ought to be prepared to deal with the consequences
it's a complex question that your simple answer doesn't answer well

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump's ICE dr was performing Mass hysterectomies on woman that didn't need them. So instead of abortions they just made it so none could bear children.

Amynamous

@justanotherbozo

“before birth=human
after birth=human
...and if we can't protect the weakest among us then what does that say about us as humans?“

“my argument is based on our humanity as a species, if our young are expendable then we are no different than any other animal.“

I’ve been pondering those words since you wrote them and I can’t help but think that is a strong and clear argument for allowing unaccompanied children to cross our border and be accepted with open arms.
Those words also supports igrowone’s comment of providing help in the way of food, housing, education, and healthcare for all children.
After all, if we can’t protect the weakest among us, then what does that say about us as humans? If our young are expendable, then we are no different than any other animal?
I’ve never considered myself a liberal, but you make a strong case for changing.

igrowone

Veteran
did some reading some history of abortion
kind of surprised how modern the notion of a fetus being human is
it was traditionally seen that until birth there was no human life
a fetus didn't breathe as people understood it at the time
seen as more of a seed/plant than a human being
with modern medicine came a change in opinion

justanotherbozo

Veteran
just pointing out there's some inconsistency
if you're determined that a woman brings a fetus to term where she would choose otherwise
then you ought to be prepared to deal with the consequences
it's a complex question that your simple answer doesn't answer well

...you're making a moral equivalent that doesn't justify the murder of a helpless human for the sake of casual sex, if she would choose otherwise she ought to have the integrity to either choose to not get pregnant or to suffer the consequences if she does rather than to murder her child.

...and your simple answer to kill the baby doesn't answer the question at all.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
@justanotherbozo

“before birth=human
after birth=human
...and if we can't protect the weakest among us then what does that say about us as humans?“

“my argument is based on our humanity as a species, if our young are expendable then we are no different than any other animal.“

I’ve been pondering those words since you wrote them and I can’t help but think that is a strong and clear argument for allowing unaccompanied children to cross our border and be accepted with open arms.
Those words also supports igrowone’s comment of providing help in the way of food, housing, education, and healthcare for all children.
After all, if we can’t protect the weakest among us, then what does that say about us as humans? If our young are expendable, then we are no different than any other animal?
I’ve never considered myself a liberal, but you make a strong case for changing.

...you have ALWAYS been a liberal and you also make moral equivalents that don't apply.

...also, the worlds children don't live 'among us' and they should be cared for first by thier parents and then by whatever social agency's or groups in their home countrys.

...and i make the case for individual initiative and personal responsibility, something the left is triggered by, it's racist or sexist or misogynistic or some other made up bullshit.

igrowone

Veteran
...you're making a moral equivalent that doesn't justify the murder of a helpless human for the sake of casual sex, if she would choose otherwise she ought to have the integrity to either choose to not get pregnant or to suffer the consequences if she does rather than to murder her child.

you're quick to label pregnancies as being the result of casual sex
obviously this is not the case for many pregnancy terminations
the question is whether to ban all abortions?
again obviously not going to happen
your SC shows no inclination to go in that direction
as a moral question I do see your point but the practicalities of the country we live in make that impossible to implement as law

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

basically this sounds like "live by christian standards or you're wrong" so 31% of the worlds population get to determine right and wrong for the other 69%? why?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@justanotherbozo

“before birth=human
after birth=human

After all, if we can’t protect the weakest among us, then what does that say about us as humans?
If our young are expendable, then we are no different than any other animal?

That and keep supporting kids in the foster system who age out and end up unsupported on the street. While they're at it, how about adequately supporting those cute disabled kids used for the hospital ads after they become adults?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
basically this sounds like "live by christian standards or you're wrong" so 31% of the worlds population get to determine right and wrong for the other 69%? why?

...where exactly did i say anything about christianity? ...and when did not killing babies become some christian commandment and not just something disgustingly wrong?

...maybe you should consider what it would have been like if it was you who had been aborted/murdered.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...where exactly did i say anything about christianity? ...and when did not killing babies become some christian commandment and not just something disgustingly wrong?

...maybe you should consider what it would have been like if it was you who had been aborted/murdered.

probably when you quoted a commandment...

if that were the case i would lack the ability to consider it...

why do you think you get to have any say at all about what any other person does with/to their bodies?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
probably when you quoted a commandment...

if that were the case i would lack the ability to consider it...

why do you think you get to have any say at all about what any other person does with/to their bodies?

IMG_20201004_184242_033.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts