What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bitchin bout biden

moose eater

Didn't notice anything odd,other than the price of Boneless Ribeye 15.49 lb
And that was actually cheap being a BJ's wholesale,a few months back it was 9.99.
Fortunately I'm in the same career as your daughter if I remember correctly which means we can work all the OT we want these days.I do feel for those on a fixed income.
But the 'Q' lady was a trip,not so much for her belief system,but for how much politics has consumed her.
She was actually proud of how many times she had been arrested at protests and such.She went on about the fetal cells used in McDonalds burgers....luckily for my dogs I go through Burger Kings drive thru just for them , I haven't eaten that shit in years.My dogs are of the opinion BK is a drive thru for dogs....hahaha

Uncontrollable variables and stimuli, especially of a more serious nature, have (quite seriously) resulted in growth of group delusions at a level I haven't even contemplated since reading historical accounts re. the broadcasting of 'The War of The Worlds' over the radio numerous decades ago.

We had a Q-Anon woman run for Borough office here, and her FB page reportedly had all sorts of delusional psychotic bullshit on it, including miles of tunnels underneath the Whitehouse, that allegedly held captive child sex slaves, and there were reportedly thousands of such little ones buried beneath the Whitehouse lawn. That was but ONE item on her FB page.

When the local right-wing corporatist newspaper got ahold of it, they did a write-up, and she quickly 'scrubbed' her FB page, but not before a number of persons had taken screen shots (over the many months preceding the local elections.

Her last name is Silva, and she was a campaign aid to Alaska's US Senator, 'Ohio Dan' Sullivan; a military lifer, former Colonel, if memory serves, and 'Yes-man' to The Donald.

There were others on the local ballot who ran on issues involving masks, vaccines, and other issues that rang of willful self-destruction, but none as brazenly out of their mind as Ms. Silva. Her comments re. owning her FB page and such, immediately before the election, were priceless. You can likely find references to her online still, either in the Fairbanks Daily News Miner (where getting through a pay-wall can be done with some neat internet tools), the Anchorage Daily News, or perhaps a number of other more fringe news outlets we have here.

Of interest was that it was QUITE clear that the Q-Anon folks were using Bernie's campaign's strategy of a ground-swell of local supporters for their agenda, running for offices, intending to gain majorities or at least significant representation in politics at a variety of levels, from school boards, to municipalities, and on up. Fortunately, what they possessed in campaign strategy, they lacked in sanity, and they were thwarted. But imagine a local municipality or school board that was guided by Q-Anon folks more in need of a stout dose of Thorazine than a podium.

And yeah, while my daughter is working some place in Lousy-anna for a fair bit less jing, we're reportedly importing over 600 nurses, PA's, Doc, etc., to Alaska, in order to attend to what is still, today, the leading per capita COVID infection rate in the USA, and in many places, the entire world.

Welcome to Trump and Q Central. And folks ask me why I use drugs... (Well, they mostly quit asking me that about 50 years ago. but I wish they'd ask me today. I have a whole new set of reasons... and yet, in many ways, the same old reasons.. Way too many people are completely fucking nuts, and being high when dealing with them, allows extra space for walking away asking myself, in complete sincerity, "Was that motherfucker serious, or just talking satire??" All too often I find they're actually serious, as is/was Ms. Silva, referenced above).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are strange things done in the midnight sun

By the men who moil for gold;

The Arctic trails have their secret tales

That would make your blood run cold;

The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,

But the queerest they ever did see

Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge

I cremated Sam McGee.

(Robert Service)

(.... That, and Alaska State &/or municipal politics...).

Last edited:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
i doubt it will be held where someone with a rifle could get a look. gonna be lots of anti-sniper folks on all the high spots. Harris might shoot him herself in a few months, lol...

Do you honestly believe that the SS are really up to the snuff to secure a President? Your avg Joe perhaps, bit not a seasoned sniper Made in the USA!

FrankWhite41

Has every one lost there minds does nobody see the ridiculous inflation. The price of everything is up. Not to mention the back orders. Afghanistan mess. Border mess. Cargo ships anchored waiting to offload. 8 cents a mile travel tax coming. His bs infrastructure plan that will do nothing but line pockets. Who's running the infrastructure plan? Hunter lol. Gas is ridiculous and gonna get alot worse. 9 months and America is shot but hey no feelings are being hurt. That guy is the biggest racist, even his vice knows. She said it live on TV multiple times but he played that card. She sold out for the seat. What happened to his harassment accusers? I guess they got paid or canceled. Along with any crime they commit.. I'm sure this post won't make it long they never do. Trump was a arrogant all else on me baby but at least America was thriving. At least until secret weapon c19 was released. Cheers hope everyone is puffn lovely.

h.h.

Veteran
Has every one lost there minds does nobody see the ridiculous inflation. The price of everything is up. Not to mention the back orders. Afghanistan mess. Border mess. Cargo ships anchored waiting to offload. 8 cents a mile travel tax coming. His bs infrastructure plan that will do nothing but line pockets. Who's running the infrastructure plan? Hunter lol. Gas is ridiculous and gonna get alot worse. 9 months and America is shot but hey no feelings are being hurt. That guy is the biggest racist, even his vice knows. She said it live on TV multiple times but he played that card. She sold out for the seat. What happened to his harassment accusers? I guess they got paid or canceled. Along with any crime they commit.. I'm sure this post won't make it long they never do. Trump was a arrogant all else on me baby but at least America was thriving. At least until secret weapon c19 was released. Cheers hope everyone is puffn lovely.

America was doing well without trumpTrash taking the credit. Were you born yesterday?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

In all fairness though, because we need to keep politics out of this, what is going on today is the aftershock of Covid and "locking down". Would tRump have done things better, we will never know.

TBS, stimulus was indeed necessary, what is not, is the over stimulation, that took and is taking place. Once upon a time one (if you had the money) was to spend yourself out of a recession, e.g money that has already generated the "FIAT" and put it back into circulation, as it is better to spend it because during inflation your money in the bank isn't making any money. It is idle, so put it to good use. Once upon a time, banks used to provide interest on your money, now they charge you for keeping it there??? All this is by design, with enacted laws over time. The nearly $7T dollar package will generate $70T in FIAT, or money that doesn't exist. That again is by design.

The other thing politicians do, is require a vote on a final bill within 24 hrs and bills woind up being passed in the wee hours at night.. It has been said that some of these bills can't even be read in a week or more, let alone 24hrs. When one really looks into what the $3.5T bill contains, has nothing to do with anything, and is full of "pork". Both sides do it, they slip it in. That is why I have always said, take a dem and a rep, throw them in a bag, shake, what do comes out? A politician! You/me/we get screwed in the process, that to is by design. Why? because they know (both sides) that the pork wouldn't pass on its own merit. In the process we get screwed while their bank accounts continue to grow. Toss MSM in there, that judiciously select what they report and not, has led to where we are.

The stock market might be doing great, but there isn't any disposable income these days, nor has there been for a very long time. Many live paycheck to paycheck. Why aren't we not allowed to have more than $9,950 in our home at any giving time?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news for all of us retired folks...

Fed gov has approved a 5.9% pay increase for 2022. This adds up to 90-110$ for all :D.
Maximum Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment amounts increase with the cost-of-living increases that apply to Social Security benefits. The latest such increase, 5.9 percent, becomes effective January 2022.

Cannavore

Veteran
Taxes for the poor and middle class (which a lot of retired and elderly folks are) are incresing by $300 or something like that this year because things in the Trump Tax cuts are expiring.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good news for all of us retired folks...

Fed gov has approved a 5.9% pay increase for 2022. This adds up to 90-110$ for all :D.
Maximum Federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment amounts increase with the cost-of-living increases that apply to Social Security benefits. The latest such increase, 5.9 percent, becomes effective January 2022.

1/4 zip at the dispensary for the sick 📣

FrankWhite41

America was doing well without trumpTrash taking the credit. Were you born yesterday?

We're you? Are you kidding me. Let's be real here, Obama was a train wreck the country was heavily government dependant America was being owned. Only reason Trump got in. Every Democrat creates a recession. At some point you have to be honest with yourself and stop believing what CNN and other wacked out liberals tell you. The country was thriving. I honestly hate Trumpkins personality. He's a TV personality. He did a good job as a President though. That should be all that matters. Maybe I'll cross some Obama and train wreck and call it Obama wreck. Cheers hope you are smoking lovely.

h.h.

Veteran
We're you? Are you kidding me. Let's be real here, Obama was a train wreck the country was heavily government dependant America was being owned. Only reason Trump got in. Every Democrat creates a recession. At some point you have to be honest with yourself and stop believing what CNN and other wacked out liberals tell you. The country was thriving. I honestly hate Trumpkins personality. He's a TV personality. He did a good job as a President though. That should be all that matters. Maybe I'll cross some Obama and train wreck and call it Obama wreck. Cheers hope you are smoking lovely.

You daddy trump sucked. End of story. So whatever. Nothing new.

moose eater

Taxes for the poor and middle class (which a lot of retired and elderly folks are) are incresing by $300 or something like that this year because things in the Trump Tax cuts are expiring.

Did you notice that DJT's tax cuts for the average household take a dive after the 2020 elections (2021 to be specific). I suspect that was 'just in case' of a loss, then the average knee-jerk individual would blame it on the next administration, failing to realize it was by design.

There's already been some of that blindness expressed in these forums, btw. I believe it was in Hempy's thread, though can't recall if it was Hempy, or someone else who, ironically, failed to look beneath the surface of the whole deal.

Tax cuts for the average individual begin declining 2021 (this year), and take full effect of returning to original rates or worse by 2025. Notice that the wealthier corporations get to retain their DJT Administration tax cuts. A man of the People? Maybe not so much.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Trump got in because he was running against Hillary and he had massive disinformation help.. This is the only reason he got elected. What are you reading to come to that conclusion?. TRUST ME NONE HERE BELIEVE ANY MSM SOURCE.

Economies under GOP presidents
Real GDP growth, a measure of economic activity in the U.S., averaged 3.33% during the 64 years and 16 presidential terms going back to the mid-1940s, With a Republican in the White House, though, the economy's growth slowed to 2.54%, the economists found. With a Democrat in office, growth jumped to 4.35% on average.

A variety of other economic indicators, such as per capita GDP, stock market returns, real wages and the change in the unemployment rate, are also more robust with a Democratic president, the economists found. Unemployment fell by 0.8 percentage points with a Democratic president on average, while it rose 1.1 percentage points with a Republican, according to Blinder and Watson. "The U.S. economy has performed better when the president of the United States is a Democrat rather than a Republican, regardless of how one measures performance," according to the report titled "Presidents and the Economy: A Forensic Investigation."

Since Ronald Reagan's inauguration in 1981, there have been five recessions in the United States. They started in July 1981, July 1990, March 2001, December 2007, and February 2020. There have been four Republican presidents over these four decades, and at least one recession began under their respective tenures in the White House.

Trump took office under the best Economic conditions any POTUS could ask for LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts