What's new

BHOgart Extractor Thread

A6 Grower

Veteran
i have a filter plate, it works ok. ive seen really good results with 3 starting at 20 micron or something and then down to 5 on the last one. using 1 5 micron doesnt work as it clogs but using 3 works pretty well from what ive seen by some buy on instagram i follow

Permacultuure

Veteran
Just use two 4x2 or 4x3 end cap reducers with a screened gasket. Put filter paper of your choice on either side of screened gasket. Much more affordable

vividavis

Can someone help me understand if this is right or I am missing a step in recovery. When I finish running my system and take the recovery hose off the solvent tank there is always a good bit of gas remaining in the line and it vents off at a high psi a out of the hose. Is this normal?

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Can someone help me understand if this is right or I am missing a step in recovery. When I finish running my system and take the recovery hose off the solvent tank there is always a good bit of gas remaining in the line and it vents off at a high psi a out of the hose. Is this normal?

Remove the blue line attached to the low side gauge from the top of the column first ..the vacuum in the column will suck in a little air ..aim the open end of the blue hose in an appropriate direction ..and slowly open the low side valve on the left .. this allows you to control the pressure and direction of the remaining solvent ..tap the yellow hose connected to your recovery tank to wiggle it..anything left will immediately blowout the end of the blue hose that was attached to the column...
..my solvent loss is about .3-.4# per run ...I recover to -16hg at 7000 ft ..about the equivalent of -22hg at sea level...

..I hope that helps...

...grievous

vividavis

Remove the blue line attached to the low side gauge from the top of the column first ..the vacuum in the column will suck in a little air ..aim the open end of the blue hose in an appropriate direction ..and slowly open the low side valve on the left .. this allows you to control the pressure and direction of the remaining solvent ..tap the yellow hose connected to your recovery tank to wiggle it..anything left will immediately blowout the end of the blue hose that was attached to the column...
..my solvent loss is about .3-.4# per run ...I recover to -16hg at 7000 ft ..about the equivalent of -22hg at sea level...

..I hope that helps...

...grievous

Thanks. Thats what I've been doing. Just wanted to make sure the venting of the solvent was normal.

A6 Grower

Veteran
I dont use that dumb gauge and have valves on my collection pot and every where there should be one, this helps with being able to clear the lines of any gas, when i remove my hoses they are usually under a very slight vacuum. Honestly bhogart makes a horribly designed machine that came to me with dirty shitty welds and a warped column that had to be sent back because it was so warped it wouldn't seal, i had to make this machine safe to run by adding gauges where they should be and valves. Their solution to making a proper machine was put a dumb manifold on some steel parts. They also provide the worst instructions ever, skunks pharms very first 10 step to the terp was more descriptive. but they are one of the few places you can order and get a machine in a week. most are 8+weeks for a large unit :(

Last edited:
and if i wanted to try the pour out method instead of having to scrape the damn thing, would i recover it down to 10" Hg instead of 15"?

Chonkski

and if i wanted to try the pour out method instead of having to scrape the damn thing, would i recover it down to 10" Hg instead of 15"?

It's too hard to tell by reading the gauge for me.

I need to take it out of the water towards the end and judge by the amount of ice that builds on the outside of the collection tank.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran

You're better off finishing your run down to -whatever (-20 for me),
closing the tank valves, shutting off the appion, then opening the blue (Low side) valve while still attached to the column.
That way the excess butane goes into the materiel instead of your face.

Another good trick is to get it down to -18 or so. Shut the tank valve, turn off the appion.
Gently pull up on the pressure relief valve and release the pressure in the tank. Mine will go from 50psi down to 15-20psi.
Then turn on the appion, open the valve and finish your run. When you take the hoses off, the will be very little tane in them.

This also gets rid of any air in the tank, which is nice.

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
what temperature are people keeping the collection pot in?

..isopentene vapes at 87.2 ambient .I know that changes in vac but that's a # I think of while purging .. vacuum or not.

..I use 95-97F on the collection pot after vac hits 0 .. than it jumps up to+10 or so than back down. ..

generalgrievous

ICMag Donor
Gently pull up on the pressure relief valve and release the pressure in the tank. Mine will go from 50psi down to 15-20psi.
Then turn on the appion, open the valve and finish your run. When you take the hoses off, the will be very little tane in them.

This also gets rid of any air in the tank, which is nice.

..this sounds intriguing to me ..timing of the run is crucial to me .. how much more oil is pulled by turning the pump back on do you think or is it just recovering tane at that point ..?

.. and by pressure relief valve .. do you mean the little ring on the recovery tank ..? To be honest I've avoided that thing so far...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
The amount of oleoresin in the collection pot stops increasing the second the last of
the liquid butane drops in. After that, you're just recovering vapor.

I do two washes/recoveries per run. Just before the end of the second one, I turn off
the valve on the tank, turn off the appion, and release the over pressure on the tank.
I'm using N-butane which has a BP of 31F, in a bath of salted ice which stays around 28F.
So the N-butane is liquid, and anything else (Air, Iso-butane, etc) is a vapor and is what is ported off the top.
Then I finish the run normally. Only a tiny bit of tane is left in the lines at the end.

furrywall11

I just dusted off my bhogart to do a little work and I'm having a heck of a time getting cans into my 50lb refrigerant recovery tanks.

I've got the tank in a tote filled with water and ice and I'm even heating up my cans in heating blankets. Only about 1/2 the can is going by weight after 3 minutes per can.

It's really weird..

I'd appreciate any tips on how to get that working...and I remember there was a technique to adding cans directly into the system but I can't find the instructions right now. Anyone have that?

Thanks!

furrywall11

Thank you for the response,
there are already 10 cans or so of butane in my recovery tank so if I tried to pull a vacuum on it butane would blast into the vacuum pump and shoot oil everywhere, yeah? (I've accidentally done that before..)

I'm a little frustrated by this. I went out and bought a new 50lb refrigerant recovery tank and manifold thinking the problem might be there and, you know that stuff ain't cheap.

mendo420

Veteran
hahahahaha

They used my fuckin picture!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

"people are smoking their internal parts and being told it is medicine."

Latest posts

Latest posts