What's new

BHOgart Extractor Thread

zeet

Veteran
Hi Kcar, i was wondering where I can pick up one of those larger recovery hoses like you have in those pics. if anybody else knows please do chime in.

Thanks alot guys, you all are a big inspiration for me.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
No, just replace the 1/4" fitting screwed to the lid of the collection pot
with the same size 3/8"

M

mr.shiva

I'm just using a vac chamber @ around 100F and 25-29HG.

For us a couple vac ovens was a real game changer, that and learning how to lay it out on the baking mats for the oven from someone trained at the skunkpharm higher learning center. The whole purge process with the oven takes about 4hrs. Our shatter tests below 30ppm for residuals and hasn't waxed since, it's like learning to ride a bike.

mendo420

Veteran
For us a couple vac ovens was a real game changer, that and learning how to lay it out on the baking mats for the oven from someone trained at the skunkpharm higher learning center. The whole purge process with the oven takes about 4hrs. Our shatter tests below 30ppm for residuals and hasn't waxed since, it's like learning to ride a bike.

Your winterizing right>?

M

mr.shiva

Not yet (customers haven't really asked for it ... yet). Getting a inline system soon from Terpp, and 12in x 6in conversion pots & larger tubes for more productivity (already have some mk3 kits). Otherwise I'd be driving down to SJ next week and grabbing a bhogart :)

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I shook on this with the head of Bhogart Sunday at Chalice:

All hoses they will be supplying or recommending will at least be of the nylon barrier type. PTFE lined, and unlined corrugated stainless being the other options. The chance of standard grade refrigeration hoses leaching is just too great.

Fortunately both Yellow Jacket and MasterCool carry the nylon barrier hoses in various sizes and options that aren't cost prohibitive,

"YELLOW JACKET PLUS II™ hoses offer double barrier protection
Nylon layer for permeation, braid for strength, and outer cover for protection
Fully UL recognized assemblies (File SA9737)
Temperature: -20º to 180ºF (-28.8º to 82.2ºC)
Burst: 4000 psi (276 bar) minimum
Working: 800 psi (55 bar) maximum
Safety factor: 5 to 1
Available lengths: 12" to 100'"
http://www.yellowjacket.com/question/50?KeepThis=true&

"Nylon barrier models meet EPA, SAE and UL standards for containment of refrigerant."
http://www.mastercool.com/pages/hvac_charging_hoses.html

Btw, they had at least a crew of five, and enough stainless gleaming in the sun to turn heads. Nice, confidence building presentation, to be emulated.

Last edited:

A6 Grower

Veteran
My bhogart i got a month ago came with yellow jacket plus II hoses. i should have some sight glasses and a bottom flood mod added in a month. Also going to get a different bottom collection spool with a removable bottom but not just an end cap but a 3" bowl/cap for the bottom for easy less mess pouring. lol its going to be a mkiv very soon, Going with the 6x24 column once i get the bottom flood option on, shorten this darn thing a little.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Chief at Bhogart is an on the ball older guy, I'm sure he will be making common sense design changes as necessary, but don't trust to hope that any of these companies are following along here at ICMAG Forums. To get their attention, you probably have to do it, document it, and maybe even personally stick it in their faces.

Yep, Big Chief and minion had a squirrelly time lowering what looked to be their largest setup to the ground from a table top Saturday night at closing. To be truthful they were also looking to avoid bumping the top of the canopy entryway, but hit it anyway, so it turned into a haha... :))

vividavis

My bhogart i got a month ago came with yellow jacket plus II hoses. i should have some sight glasses and a bottom flood mod added in a month. Also going to get a different bottom collection spool with a removable bottom but not just an end cap but a 3" bowl/cap for the bottom for easy less mess pouring. lol its going to be a mkiv very soon, Going with the 6x24 column once i get the bottom flood option on, shorten this darn thing a little.

How are you going to build the bottom flow set up? I'm looking to do the same to my bhogart set up. I just don't really know what to order. Any design help would be appreciated.

apollojmr

How are you going to build the bottom flow set up? I'm looking to do the same to my bhogart set up. I just don't really know what to order. Any design help would be appreciated.

You should check out skunkpharmresearch.com and look at the stuff they have about building the terp.

apollojmr

Almost a year has gone by!

Almost a year has gone by!

I just noticed that it has been a year since I bought my BHOgart and started this thread that has 30k views! I am thankful for all of the help and input from all of this community! I had this thread and I used it as a negotiating tool with BHOgart when I had an issue. I ordered my extractor with the promise that they would send me a clear lid for my bottom tank in which they never did:( Instead however they sent me after a little fit I threw a bad ass tank with a water jacket on it! I am excited to use that sucker this winter when its super cold out. Thank you everyone and I hope you are enjoying this thread as much as me!