What's new

Basement Buds in Bed

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I'm pretty sure the nematodes will move into the soil as the packet dries out. I've used that brand before, just out them on the soil and they worked following their directions. I prefer the ones that you mix with water though.

G

Interesting, I haven't seen that type of application. I would still probably put some mulch on top of them or something, to help keep them moist and block the light. But their directions are clear and don't say to do that... just seems odd.

Agreed; I usually follow directions quite well, but it was obvious they were drying out too quickly on the surface. Spritzed them 3-4 times a day when they were on the surface...now buried, just once a day.

Probably so you buy more hahaha!! I use to same brand and have had good results with planting them at the side of my transplants like 2 inches deep!! Ill put pics up when I do my plantings.

Great business model! Genius!! Hahaha. Thanks for the help, I think yous guys are correct.

I'm pretty sure the nematodes will move into the soil as the packet dries out. I've used that brand before, just out them on the soil and they worked following their directions. I prefer the ones that you mix with water though.

Cool, good to know. The gnats activity is picking up now that the soil is getting watered more regularly. Got some yellow hanging strips coming to try and nab some adults.

All the seedlings are doing fairly well at day 16...the notable exceptions are Chem D, who is runty compared to the others, and Sowahh 1 showed some stunted growth a couple of days ago and now a leaf deformity on her second set of true leaves. Not terribly concerned about either yet.
picture.php

And MPK is responding very well to the transplant. Perked up within 24 hours, splotchiness is almost gone now, she's showing some vigor. Need to clean up her underside. Got all the distribution drippers in place today, too. First couple of carrots have already cycled. I also picked out the spots for each seedling in the bed. They'll get a couple more weeks under the 90w before I move them to the bed.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Can you describe the watering system, looks like 5 blumats with the circle of drippers attached to each one to spread the water further afield?

What are the red things?

G

are you just gonna run that one MPK?

Hahaha, no...it would take forever for her to fill out the screen. The babes will make their way to the bed in a couple more weeks.

Can you describe the watering system, looks like 5 blumats with the circle of drippers attached to each one to spread the water further afield?

What are the red things?

That's right, the Blumats here are the longer, Maxi carrots. The main water line (black) comes from a tap with a Blumat pressure reducer attached. There are 5 drippers around each circle.

The red things are just triangles cut out of solo cups with the strain names on them to mark their spot in the bed. It was just easier to visualize in my head who would go where. The 91xTK is stretching the most, so she'll get the spot with the most free space around it. Runty Chem D will get the smallest spot.

Peace
DM

S1N1STER

I popped 4 chem d and they were severe runts. Im hoping Ill have better luck with the remaining 3. Good luck with yours.

G

I popped 4 chem d and they were severe runts. Im hoping Ill have better luck with the remaining 3. Good luck with yours.

Thanks bud...she's all but stopped growing under the 90w HLG. Light sensitivity to the max. I'm considering putting her back under the 18w, probably should have done that a few days ago. C'est la vie!

Here's the MPK again, a few days later. Spread 'em!
picture.php

Peace
DM

G

She's loving having the bed all to herself! It's gonna get real crowded in there over the next few months, though.
:wahey:

Chem D (not shown) has perked up now that she's back in the dome. The rest of the girls are surviving fine outside the dome. I should figure out an official* veg chamber to dial in the atmosphere properly. This was right at lights-on this morning.

The Sowahh 1 is outgrowing the leaf mutation, probably due to the shock of removing them from the dome too early and/or the increase in light intensity.

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

Got the 4 bigger seedlings transplanted into the bed yesterday, everybody looks happy today. Chem D still kicking it in the humidity dome, trying to recover from that mean old bright HLG. Not sure how I'm going to get her into the bed under the big light? At some point, I reckon I'll just have to pop her in the ground and wish her the best...

picture.php

That's the two Sowahhs up top, Chem 91 x TK on the right, Chem 91 bottom, and MPK in the middle.

Peace
DM

G

Companion plant her under something taller to nursemaid her until she gets big enough.

G

Companion plant her under something taller to nursemaid her until she gets big enough.

Great idea, dots! Funnily, I just today cut some of the winter rye that was overgrowing her spot...would have been perfect. Perhaps I could fashion a mini sun shade sail out of an old white t-shirt. I'll have to bust out the lux meter and see what diff it makes.

Thanks!
Peace
DM

eyesdownchronic

Got the 4 bigger seedlings transplanted into the bed yesterday, everybody looks happy today. Chem D still kicking it in the humidity dome, trying to recover from that mean old bright HLG. Not sure how I'm going to get her into the bed under the big light? At some point, I reckon I'll just have to pop her in the ground and wish her the best...

View Image

That's the two Sowahhs up top, Chem 91 x TK on the right, Chem 91 bottom, and MPK in the middle.

Peace
DM

looking real good. looks like youll have plenty of MPK this time. :good:

G

looking real good. looks like youll have plenty of MPK this time. :good:

I'd better! :peek:

Speaking of...I pressed another 7g of her flowers from last run, and again I got an abysmal return, less than a half gram from two presses combined. And the grape flavor has turned into something with a bit of molasses on the back end. I really hope that's from letting her go a little longer at 9 weeks, or maybe the drought or countless other stressors I threw at them, because I'm not a fan. At any rate, I won't hesitate to drop her after this round if she doesn't meet my expectations. More room to try new stuff!

Here are a couple pics of the Sowahh at 28 days. Number 1 on the left, 2 to the right. Hopefully one or both females in a few weeks, but if both turn out to be male, I might take clones and stick the one Auto Dosi freebie seed I got in their place. If both female, I'll pick a fave and gift the other one away. I'm digging the super serrated number 1 on the left; looks funky.

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

eyesdownchronic

I'd better! :peek:

Speaking of...I pressed another 7g of her flowers from last run, and again I got an abysmal return, less than a half gram from two presses combined. And the grape flavor has turned into something with a bit of molasses on the back end. I really hope that's from letting her go a little longer at 9 weeks, or maybe the drought or countless other stressors I threw at them, because I'm not a fan. At any rate, I won't hesitate to drop her after this round if she doesn't meet my expectations. More room to try new stuff!

Here are a couple pics of the Sowahh at 28 days. Number 1 on the left, 2 to the right. Hopefully one or both females in a few weeks, but if both turn out to be male, I might take clones and stick the one Auto Dosi freebie seed I got in their place. If both female, I'll pick a fave and gift the other one away. I'm digging the super serrated number 1 on the left; looks funky.

View Image

View Image

Peace
DM
thats a bummer. is the rosin still purplish?

im thinking about investing in a rosin press. if we get that 1400 bucks over here im thinking that i might have to pull the trigger. thanks unlce sam.
also, im about to set a living soil SIP with living mulch in a 4x4. about how much water does your set up draw a week? I dont really have a reference point.

G

thats a bummer. is the rosin still purplish?

im thinking about investing in a rosin press. if we get that 1400 bucks over here im thinking that i might have to pull the trigger. thanks unlce sam.
also, im about to set a living soil SIP with living mulch in a 4x4. about how much water does your set up draw a week? I dont really have a reference point.

Yep, still deep purple on the first press, almost black on the second.

I think my 4-ton bottle jack is not strong enough sometimes, idk... I could replace the bottle jack with a 6-ton, but still don't know if that's enough.

I'm honestly not sure how much water is drawn each week, thank you Blumats! But I know certain spots of the bed dry quicker than other spots, simply because of the airflow dynamics around the room. I tend to think of it in terms of a lawn outside; you typically need about 1/2" of rainfall each week to stay healthy. I tried to calculate how much water would be 1/2" for the 4'x4' bed, and I think I came up with something like 5 gallons, but my head hurt because numbers. But that was just me trying to keep the top few inches moist while the bed was vacant. Full of plants, probably much more uptake than 5gal/week. That's the best I got, sorry!

Here's a VG Bubba nug with about a 1 month cure on. Pressed 6.8g and got 0.63g out. She's frosty af, not sure why I can't even get 10%...
picture.php

MPK has a couple bigger fans tacoing slightly today. I think the blumat let out a little too much water yesterday/last night.
picture.php

And here's Chem D after transplanting her into the bed last night. Kept her covered for a couple hours before lights out, then removed it and let her soak up the big light without cover this morning. She'll do whatever she wants to do, I suppose. No worries!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Nice grow man! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for showing us that light build. Inspired me to get 4, I did the first one last night. So simple and it is a solid, clean build.

Thanks again!

eyesdownchronic

Yep, still deep purple on the first press, almost black on the second.

I think my 4-ton bottle jack is not strong enough sometimes, idk... I could replace the bottle jack with a 6-ton, but still don't know if that's enough.

I'm honestly not sure how much water is drawn each week, thank you Blumats! But I know certain spots of the bed dry quicker than other spots, simply because of the airflow dynamics around the room. I tend to think of it in terms of a lawn outside; you typically need about 1/2" of rainfall each week to stay healthy. I tried to calculate how much water would be 1/2" for the 4'x4' bed, and I think I came up with something like 5 gallons, but my head hurt because numbers. But that was just me trying to keep the top few inches moist while the bed was vacant. Full of plants, probably much more uptake than 5gal/week. That's the best I got, sorry!

Here's a VG Bubba nug with about a 1 month cure on. Pressed 6.8g and got 0.63g out. She's frosty af, not sure why I can't even get 10%...
View Image

MPK has a couple bigger fans tacoing slightly today. I think the blumat let out a little too much water yesterday/last night.
View Image

And here's Chem D after transplanting her into the bed last night. Kept her covered for a couple hours before lights out, then removed it and let her soak up the big light without cover this morning. She'll do whatever she wants to do, I suppose. No worries!
View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace
DM
good to hear about the ton pressage. i was looking at a 14 ton i think. whenever ive done extracts in the past i feel like i always half ass it so nothing ever works out well. figure its worth it to just make that sizeable investment once and get it right, instead of dumping even more money doing it wrong.

shit, ill just start with 5 gallons per week and work from there. haha.
VG bubba looks fire. were you getting better extract yields before cure?

and damn, that Chem D s1 looks like the lil d pheno VG found in the CD x C4DD

all looking good too!

G

Nice grow man! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for showing us that light build. Inspired me to get 4, I did the first one last night. So simple and it is a solid, clean build.

Thanks again!

You're welcome, glad you got something from the thread! I'm pretty happy with mine, plus I got to scratch that DIY itch. I wish I could turn off the reds sometimes, and I don't have enough vertical height to ever really max out the intensity. I'm questioning going above 400w this time...maybe 420w. Those diodes are loud :tiphat:

VG bubba looks fire. were you getting better extract yields before cure?

and damn, that Chem D s1 looks like the lil d pheno VG found in the CD x C4DD

all looking good too!

Think my rosin yields are about the same as earlier, maybe even a tad bit more now that I'm getting the hang of the process.

I remember seeing the lil d in VGs thread, I'll have to go check it out again. Thanks bruddah!

Peace
DM

Latest posts

Latest posts