What's new

Basement Buds in Bed

vanilla dutch

Glad to see finished pics of verdant greens bubbakush. I've been interested in that strain for awhile. Just might have to try it.

G

Glad to see finished pics of verdant greens purple kush. I've been interested in that strain for awhile. Just might have to try it.

Hey mate, just to clarify...the Mendocino Purple Kush is from CSI: Humboldt, or Humboldt CSI, or whatever they're calling themselves these days. Verdant's Bubba Kush S1 was the only VG gear I had this past round (although it did purple up a bit on the tips). And I'll be enjoying it for months!

The little ones are coming along, almost a week old now. Gave away the rest of my clones from last round except the MPK. She'll get dropped into the bed next week, still need to introduce the nematodes and grind up some more malted barley for a top dress. Everyone will get some mycorrhizal powder on their roots during transplant.

picture.php

Chem 91
picture.php

Chem 91 x TK
picture.php

Sowahh 1
picture.php

Sowahh 2
picture.php

I installed the new 4-way PVC tees and pipes for the scrog. Braided nylon strings secured inside 2 of the 4 pipes, will string them across when the plants get bigger. Doing 2"x2" squares, just guessed at how big they should be...we'll see. Pic coming soon.

I also ran all of my trim from last round through the bubble machine and bags. Didn't weight it, but guessing I got a couple grams out of it. Gave it to some friends. Then I washed out the machine and bags, and decided to pour the water back through the bags again for giggles. Got another gram or so out of it. lol

Peace
DM

G

All the babes are working on their 2nd set of leaves now. Chem D has some yellowing on her cotyledons. Is it TMV? Is it even possible to display the mosaic/TMV trait this early on the cotyledons?
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I moved her closer to the light before the yellowing was evident, to be at the same height as the others, but then I read about the Chem D clone's sensitivity to light, so moved her back down to her natural height. Maybe that's it? None of the others show discoloration.

Was thinking of moving them from the 18w to the 90w HLG above them at around 14 days...too soon? Not soon enough? Thanks for stopping by.

Peace
DM

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's some flower rosin from VG Bubba. This stuff is so tasty, I'm still getting chocolate and tootsie roll flavors. It's quite dry immediately following a squish, super easy to collect.

View Image

Peace
DM

Hey DM, glad you got a good pull from the VG bubba, and i hope the cured buds are as tasty as the rosin! - They look amazing.. not sure ive seen it taken that long before.. i imagine it's pretty narcotic.
Sorry to hear that the CSI bubba was lost to rot, that looked very good in flower too and i was interested in the comparison.

VG :tiphat:

Principante8

Hey DM, glad you got a good pull from the VG bubba, and i hope the cured buds are as tasty as the rosin! - They look amazing.. not sure ive seen it taken that long before.. i imagine it's pretty narcotic.
Sorry to hear that the CSI bubba was lost to rot, that looked very good in flower too and i was interested in the comparison.

VG :tiphat:

Hi VG, how long do you take your pre98 clone?

G

VG :tiphat

I'm still kinda bummed about the rot, too, but seriously can't complain about the net haul for my first round in the new setup. The VG Bubba saved the day!

Your bubba pheno was a great plant, super vigorous and bushy, very frosty and colorful towards the end. Easy to trim, great taste, and yes, the high is extra stoney and a good duration to boot. My face muscles just want to droop, steps are more deliberate, right on point with the effects I was after with her.

I did have that CSI Bubba sample I took at around day 41, if I recall correctly... Her rosin had good coffee notes with hints of mocha, whereas yours is more chocolate flavor on the tongue, almost like milk chocolate. I liked the coffee flavor better because that's what my brain thinks of when it thinks of "Bubba". With that being said, the taste of yours is so much better than any dispensary bud I've had over the years; I'll take it in a heartbeat!

The only reason that sealed the deal when I got rid of the VG Bubba clone was that I have 14 more seeds from the same run, so lots to dig through still!

Here's the VG Bubba in one of the infinity jars today, couple weeks since I sealed it up in there.
picture.php

Why not throw some CSI MPK
picture.php

...and Sugar Puffs in there, too.
picture.php

Got the Blumat Maxi carrots cleaned up. Will install them this upcoming week I think.
picture.php

And here's the bed with the new ScrOG frame installed.
picture.php

Peace
DM

eyesdownchronic

I'm still kinda bummed about the rot, too, but seriously can't complain about the net haul for my first round in the new setup. The VG Bubba saved the day!

Your bubba pheno was a great plant, super vigorous and bushy, very frosty and colorful towards the end. Easy to trim, great taste, and yes, the high is extra stoney and a good duration to boot. My face muscles just want to droop, steps are more deliberate, right on point with the effects I was after with her.

I did have that CSI Bubba sample I took at around day 41, if I recall correctly... Her rosin had good coffee notes with hints of mocha, whereas yours is more chocolate flavor on the tongue, almost like milk chocolate. I liked the coffee flavor better because that's what my brain thinks of when it thinks of "Bubba". With that being said, the taste of yours is so much better than any dispensary bud I've had over the years; I'll take it in a heartbeat!

The only reason that sealed the deal when I got rid of the VG Bubba clone was that I have 14 more seeds from the same run, so lots to dig through still!

Here's the VG Bubba in one of the infinity jars today, couple weeks since I sealed it up in there.
View Image

Why not throw some CSI MPK
View Image

...and Sugar Puffs in there, too.
View Image

Got the Blumat Maxi carrots cleaned up. Will install them this upcoming week I think.
View Image

And here's the bed with the new ScrOG frame installed.
View Image

Peace
DM
hah! how about that lone soldier

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey principant i usually take it about 60 days.. certainly at least 8 weeks minimum.

View Image
DM
Hey DM, ikwym about keeping cuts.. you can't keep everything and with plenty more to sort through you've got it covered... and you are encouraged to pop more! Glad you found some vigor.. they tend to do fine with their roots in plenty of good soil and get faster as they get bigger.The coffee terps have certainly been reported in the S1s, i think if that's what you are hoping for, you would be better to take a test bud at 8 weeks or something.. because i think maybe that sharp coffee element fades with time into a more mellow chocolaty twang.. but that is just my theory so may be wrong.

Buds all look lovely! :tiphat:

G

...The coffee terps have certainly been reported in the S1s, i think if that's what you are hoping for, you would be better to take a test bud at 8 weeks or something.. because i think maybe that sharp coffee element fades with time into a more mellow chocolaty twang.. but that is just my theory so may be wrong.

Buds all look lovely! :tiphat:

Thanks for the tip!! Might try another VG Bubba and CSI Bubba side-by-side again for either Round 3 or 4. Haven't put much thought into it yet... I really want to run at least one of the SSSDH beans I have from rez, but viability is questionable I believe. And hoping to try the CSI Lemon Party S1s and 91xGSC (or GSCx91, I have both), PTK IBL, Gator Bait, Fallen Soldiers (T-1000, Chem D, and TK)... And those are just my priorities that I have in-stock, ready to pop. I'd love to try something with the BB or BDB in it, too, but haven't acquired anything there yet. Plenty to keep me busy and floating for a while. :wave:

Peace
DM

Wolverine97

Veteran
Day 44 flower

View Image

I plucked a whole bunch more leaves today, top to bottom...only to discover some balls n weiners near the bottom. Turns out I have (had) a not-insignificant light leak under the frame of the pocket door about 3-4 inches long. Caulked it up tonight. Also cut all the balls/bananas off (6-7 spots) after turning off all fans and spraying all areas before and during removal to halt as much pollen drift as possible. Still saw one little yellow cloud disperse. Oh well, nothing more I can do about it. I culled her backup clone today.
View Image

View Image

Peace
DM

I see this sentiment a lot. Honestly I don't think tiny light leaks are a big deal, plants flower outdoors under full moon no problem. As long as light leaks do not exceed the amount of light given off my a full moon, I think it's a non issue. I think it's just a genetics thing. I've grown plenty of crops where there is a door left partially open all the time, with a little light spilling in and unless growing herm prone plants, never get balls from it (or even nanners).

Just my opinion, nothing I can back up with data.

Nice grow, nice pics. I haven't read to the end yet...

G

I see this sentiment a lot. Honestly I don't think tiny light leaks are a big deal, plants flower outdoors under full moon no problem. As long as light leaks do not exceed the amount of light given off my a full moon, I think it's a non issue. I think it's just a genetics thing. I've grown plenty of crops where there is a door left partially open all the time, with a little light spilling in and unless growing herm prone plants, never get balls from it (or even nanners).

Just my opinion, nothing I can back up with data.

Nice grow, nice pics. I haven't read to the end yet...

Thanks for stopping by, Wolverine. I can't say with 100% confidence that it was the light leak causing the herm traits, but at least it was easy enough to fix. I don't really discriminate on the why something hermied, as you said, it's likely more of a genetics thing with that one specific offspring. Other seeds from the same parents could be entirely hermie-free under identical conditions.

I ground up some more malted barley and scratched it in, got the Mendocino Purple Kush transplanted into the bed, Blumat carrots installed, and nematodes deployed (that's them in the white pouches).

picture.php

Peace
DM

LizardMan

Hey dopey are you not suppose to put the packets just under the soil, out of light and able to stay damp?

Excited to see this beds second round!!

Wolverine97

Veteran
Hey dopey are you not suppose to put the packets just under the soil, out of light and able to stay damp?

That's how I've always done it as well. The light and drying air will kill them pretty quickly, as far as I know. I can't tell from the pics, but some of them are packaged in dissolving packets that are meant to be added to a watering can and watered in...

G

That's how I've always done it as well. The light and drying air will kill them pretty quickly, as far as I know. I can't tell from the pics, but some of them are packaged in dissolving packets that are meant to be added to a watering can and watered in...

These are PotPoppers brand, the pouches come in a little brown plastic ball. The directions just said put the pouches on top of the soil and water them, keeping moist until the nematodes should emerge after 7 days or so. Apply more after 14 days. I'll double check the package again tomorrow. Thanks fellas!!

Peace
DM

Mattbho

Ya you don't want them to dry out at all smokey. Didn't know about the light but it makes sense.

I rip them open and scratch them under the soil. And give them a decent watering. Just did tonight. 2 packs per 20gal and I put some in a shaker bottle and do my seedlings/teens/moms.

Got impatient last weekend. Had the time off so I planted next crop under the soon to be chopped hope it works out . Honestly I just want these old school hash plants gone. Nothing but problems.

picture.php

picture.php

I don't think I would try this under led

Last edited:
G

Ya you don't want them to dry out at all smokey. Didn't know about the light but it makes sense.

I rip them open and scratch them under the soil. And give them a decent watering. Just did tonight. 2 packs per 20gal and I put some in a shaker bottle and do my seedlings/teens/moms.

Got impatient last weekend. Had the time off so I planted next crop under the soon to be chopped hope it works out . Honestly I just want these old school hash plants gone. Nothing but problems.

View Image
View Image

I don't think I would try this under led

Here are the instructions, they just say place it on the soil...but I think I'll bury the current pouches and keep them moist. Definitely makes sense! I have another 8 pouches if I need to do it again in a week or two...
picture.php

I'm sure the light penetration from LEDs wouldn't work so well with the new transplants. I'm sure it'll work out with the HID though...good idea!

Peace
DM

Wolverine97

Veteran
Interesting, I haven't seen that type of application. I would still probably put some mulch on top of them or something, to help keep them moist and block the light. But their directions are clear and don't say to do that... just seems odd.

LizardMan

Probably so you buy more hahaha!! I use to same brand and have had good results with planting them at the side of my transplants like 2 inches deep!! Ill put pics up when I do my plantings.

Latest posts

Latest posts