What's new

Basement Buds in Bed

G

We're on day 31 for the seedlings today. Here's Chem 91 x TK at about 7" tall, she's stretching more than any of the other girls. Stuck my nose in all of them today and she was one of two putting off a distinct odor. Hers was a skunky garlic, while Sowahh 2 was very floral, almost like sticking my nose in a rose bush or Valentine's bouquet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
DM

G

I love living soil! Gonna grab a seat! :lurk:

Welcome! Glad to have you aboard. I know someone else who loves living soil...Chem 91 x TK provin' it with an inch-plus of growth in 24 hours.
picture.php

And Chem 91 is looking happy...
picture.php

Sowahh 1 took a wrong turn at Albuquerque!
picture.php

Saw that 90-degree turn yesterday and thought it'd straighten up today...nope!

Peace
DM

G

Found a couple of seeds tonight in some VG Bubba nugs as I was breaking them up for the press. Nice tiger stripes, they match the single other seed I found on her before harvest.

picture.php

picture.php

Also found two possibly-viable seeds on the Sugar Puffs plant. May need to run those some day.

I've noticed the Sowahh 1 looking really branchy. There's a single lower branch that's taking off pretty quickly, and the newest growth at the top of the plant here is looking promising.

picture.php

Does anyone know a good place to find info on common expressions with Karma's sd bx gear?

Oh yeah, and Chem 91 x TK was almost 12" today...lol

Peace
DM

G

Ended up stringing the screen for the ScrOG, but have pulled it off the top for a few more days I think... These pics are from yesterday, day 36 veg.
picture.php

Chem D showing a wee bit of new growth, she's hanging in there!
picture.php

Chem 91 still spitting out 5-finger leaves on the sixth or seventh node.
picture.php

Sowahh 1
picture.php

I've been noticing these new companion plants coming up since I scratched in the amendments a few weeks ago. I had an "Aha!" moment today when I saw what appeared to be fruiting flowers on the biggest one...
picture.php

I've seen this before.... (Rubs stem) I've smelled this before... Leaves look familiar... Is that a tomato plant?!? What the.................

Then it dawned on me; I had put some cherry tomatoes in the worm bin a while back. EWC was one of my amendments in the bed a few weeks ago. (<-- dumbass lol)

Peace
DM

G

Hehehe awesome DM.
Tommy vs Mary side by side let's get it on.

No contest, Mary for the KO! Jajaja. None of the 'maters were in an ideal spot, and they don't need to be taking up any of the girls' food anyhow. Poof! They're gone.
picture.php

Check out the 91 x TK, she's grown 10 inches in 9 days, and definitely the loudest when I walk in the room. Heavy on the garlic skunk.
picture.php

Her lil' sis Chem 91 got the straight-up skunk funk happening, not quite as loud as 91xTK, but pretty darn close.
picture.php

Sowahh 1 not quite ready to reveal gender, but oh it's so close.
picture.php

And last up, my big champ, Chem D got herself a new blumat carrot today; the other one I think wasn't seated properly or had an air bubble/leak somewhere. It kept opening prematurely when the soil around the carrot was still wet.
picture.php

Cranked up the light to a whopping 200w from 180w a few days ago. I intend to go slow this round and crank it up 20w every 7-10 days, just want to see how they respond at each level. I think it was VG who was talking recently about light intensity at the end of flowering, and how lower intensity might better preserve terpenes and other cannabinoids. I'll probably keep it under 500w total through the end, we'll see how things go.

Peace
DM

G

Lovely setup
Garden looks immense

Thanks gizmo! It's getting close to running on cruise control now, except for the occasional scrog training and mowing the grass once a week...Blumats are all dialed in, got a 700w oil-filled mini radiator heater keeping ambient temps a comfy 78-80F, and a decent humidifier pumping about 1.5gal/day into the air keeping RH in the 55-60% range. Plants look happy.

Sowahh 1 was confirmed as male. Snagged a single clone and chopped him to stop competing with his sister.
fetch

Sowahh 2 confirmed as female. The pre-flowers are relatively large, can't wait to see some stacked swollen bracts on her.

Struggling a bit with the new image upload process here...I'll have to poke around and see what's what since I was running low on my space quota before the upgrade. I was getting errors after the upgrade whenever I tried to upload, but it seems to work now?

​​​​​​​Peace DM
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

G

So, I can see the picture in the above post if I'm logged in, but not if I'm viewing anonymously. Just going to play around here...

EDIT: I can see the images now, whether I'm logged in or not. However, I can't seem to delete the image from the post. When I edit the post and click "Edit photos" below the text box, I can click the garbage can icon next to the photo I want to remove, but then the "Continue" button disappears and all I can do is Cancel or Upload. Can't save the deletion...
fetch

Attachments

• photo2027164.jpg
    photo2027164.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
G

Hey bibi! Nothing too exciting yet, just filling out the screen. I've broken a couple branches accidentally, but plenty to go around still.

Chem 91 S1 lots of worm castings under her drippers...
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210315_142533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	17803705

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210315_142533.jpg Views:	0 Size:	118.1 KB ID:	17803705

Chem 91 x TK

Mendocino Purple Kush I took about 50% of her vegetative growth from the underside yesterday. She's so leafy in the veg stage, I may trim some more before 12s...

Chem D S1 little tyke
IMG_20210315_142705.jpg

Sowahh male clone starting to perk up, I think roots have started. Very pungent smell, not sure how to describe it. Body odor, diesel, skunk, none of those are super accurate but somewhere in the ballpark.

Sowahh female

Probably flip over to 12s in a couple weeks, just waiting for chem D to catch up a little and the bigger girls to fill out the screen a bit more.

Peace
DM

Last edited:
G

Yo DM. Can you delete any of the pics that you posted, either from the 'posted pictures' album or out of the post directly?

What did you use to upload and post large pics?

Sorry for the offtopic man.

G

Hey dots, no problemo. I was able to delete a pic (attachment AND pasted image) once, but I can't figure out how any more...

I use the "Upload attachments" button after clicking the camera icon. Once I select and upload all the pics, then I have to very carefully put my cursor where I want the pic in the actual post. Then I click the "medium" link next to the uploaded image thumbnail. Can't figure out how to delete those once they're in there, though. Hence the caution above.

:whiteflag:

lol

Peace DM

bibi40

Nice to dee Dopey !

Hey Dots check the basic instruction manual , in website support subforum , it' s well explain , that' s how i did for put large pics .

:tiphat:

G

Looks like I should probably flip to 12s soon, maybe as soon as tomorrow. I'd like to do lights-off during the day this time, probably something like 8:30 A/P.

So much chem goodness!
IMG_20210320_141750__01.jpg

IMG_20210320_141830.jpg

IMG_20210320_142920.jpg

I've never done a ScrOG before... Should I keep training for a week or two into 12s? The screen is 16" high and I have another 26" or so of vertical space before they start getting too close to the lights. Thanks!

Peace DM

G

Day 02F

Here are the strains again (all CSI except the Sowahh):

Chem 91 S1 (bot)
Chem 91 x Triangle Kush (right)
KG Sowahh (top)
​​​​​​Mendocino Purple Kush (Mendocino Purple x Bubba Kush) (center)
Chem D S1 (left...well, she's down there...somewhere. If I get one more tiny plant in that corner, I'm calling an exorcist to cleanse the soil cause that shnizz is cursed.)

IMG_20210322_203056__01.jpg

Peace
DM

G

Screen looks banging.
So you have 50cm of vertical before getting too close to the light, what distance will you be keeping the light from the tops? Both sowah crosses I'm running stretched pretty good. Weave them to end up the same height as your Bubba's and get an even light spread.

​​​​​​Ive never grown the clone Chem D, but by accounts it goes 9-11 weeks and benefits from extra veg time. Which holds pretty true to my #6, she only starts to get her disco ball on at around wk7, so 2-3 more weeks of production and a flush (not that U need to W your organic stylee) will land you around wk11. It's super strong cannabis.

Latest posts

Latest posts