What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Brother Nature

There's a lot of flyovers going on due to the recent weather issues. Most of these are private so I'd be suprised if they're caring about a few plants here and there, but I also wouldn't. Hope it all works out bro. Had a mate loose a very large, lucrative plot up north, partly due to the cyclone and partly due to the clean up efforts. Hoping at least other things are going well for you man.

Bunga11

Hey guys thought id throw up a few progress pics. Things are going pretty good, just waiting on the outdoors to go into proper flower I can’t remember them ever being so late.
D9AA27FE-6BCE-42AE-B077-751B47A2AC47.jpeg

budsnblunts

Veteran
There's a lot of flyovers going on due to the recent weather issues. Most of these are private so I'd be suprised if they're caring about a few plants here and there, but I also wouldn't. Hope it all works out bro. Had a mate loose a very large, lucrative plot up north, partly due to the cyclone and partly due to the clean up efforts. Hoping at least other things are going well for you man.
I thought the same thing, and that they were more spotted because of it. A clean up crew was out about 20 minutes after clearing downed pines off the tracks a little further away. I'm not overly worried though. Stink one about your mates plot.. it really is some peoples bread and butter provider aye. Cheers man.
Bunga things are looking really good at yours man. We are well on the way with flower, yous must be a couple weeks behind so any day for yous now hopefully. Those plants for next year will be awesome to.

Bunga11

I thought the same thing, and that they were more spotted because of it. A clean up crew was out about 20 minutes after clearing downed pines off the tracks a little further away. I'm not overly worried though. Stink one about your mates plot.. it really is some peoples bread and butter provider aye. Cheers man.
Bunga things are looking really good at yours man. We are well on the way with flower, yous must be a couple weeks behind so any day for yous now hopefully. Those plants for next year will be awesome to.
Hey mate yeah hopefully the planes were just storm related. Only time will tell I suppose but fingers crossed……..
Cheers mate they should calm down in the next week or so haha, and yeah very keen to have some nice genetics on the go next season.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Just checked on the blue dream clones and a mob of five-six pigs come over the hill and I just about shat myself hahahahaha... somethings been chewing on two of the clones.
20230220_175134.jpg
20230220_175638.jpg
20230220_175925.jpg
20230220_175949.jpg
20230220_180107.jpg
20230220_182816.jpg

Flowering is happening quick on this to.
20230220_175230.jpg

Attachments

• 20230220_180107.jpg
    20230220_180107.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 32

Pumpkin

Veteran
What the fuck man? Could have it been park rangers or forestry? That fucking sucks!! Pictures not loading yet. Doesn't look like something cops would do, they don't have herbicides. From what I have seen cops normally pull plants.
Well the cops sprayed the patches... first time for everything aye fullas.... keep safe out there.

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Veteran
I'd be fucking heart broken man. That sucks. Hope you are okay, they were looking fantastic! We have forestry air traffic here for the pines, and I figure if I leave them alone they don't care what I do. But they always have choppers here areal spraying weeds. I know they fly over my joint, but they have left me alone so far. This looks like someone with a hand sprayer though just targeting your plot. Obviously you need to find a new location. The blue dye stinks of forestry workers though IMO. No cop car has herbicide in their car to randomly spray crops, nor are randomly driving down forestry tracks, so you can rule that one out IMO. I'd be pretty convinced it's forestry, that blue dye is common here when spraying a felled tree to stop it regrowing (at least in my location). It's most likely glyphosate mixed up real strong for fresh cut stumps, as that's where i have seen the blue dye used previously. If my guess is correct your plants are 100% finished unfortunately.

Last edited:

Craven_au

Any advice on getting them to stay in veg after taking em outside? Strain specific? All the clones I chuck outside go straight to head although I haven't tried with a heavy leaning sativa. I have a nice bubba kush that is sativa dominant, that said it flowers in 8 weeks.
What state are you man?
If your in Melbourne it makes perfect sense the grow season is almost over. Must keep the light on them 16 to 18hrs at least for Veg or mother plants.

Pumpkin

Veteran
My guess is it would be possible to keep most plants in veg in the 14-13 hour range, as long as your light hours are not diminishing. I am in flowering season now and attempting to keep my plants in veg with about 2 hours of artificial light after sunset. I will know soon if I have kept them in a safe range. It's going to be strain and environment depending. If you are vegging in winter you probably want to keep you light cycle on the low side 13 hours or something (depending on location) so you can match the lightcycle when summer comes around and you can match the daylight hours. If you are planning on flowering later in the season, probs 18 hours and more doesn't matter, as when you turn off the lights they will go straight into flower anyway. Increasing and decreasing daylength matters also, not just hours in my experience. How much temperature and strain and other factors influence flowering is beyond me at this point. I suspect that temperature and seasonal variation do have some influence. I don't think there is a true rule to stop a plant flowering, it's just trial and error and getting to know your genetics and it's limits. My guide would be if you slowly increase light hours you can probably keep a plant in veg on minimal daylight hours and the reverse if you are decreasing light. If you start with 12 hours both will have the desired outcome is my guess. This is just a guess, the people closer to the equator would have a better idea :D If you are in doubt and transitioning plants outside, the closer you can mimic nature the better. If you are vegging inside and want to flower outside, feel free to go from 24-18 hours light to whatever or any variation of that, if light is decreasing plants will not reveg after the solstice. If you want them to continue to veg you have to keep up the light to the same hours before you put them out. If you are planning on flowering outside after the winter solstice, good luck, I don't like your chances with those light hours increasing. Will probs reveg.

Last edited: