What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I just use overseas online retailers TBH. Are you planning on getting your hemp licence to grow it or just for personal?

Craven_au

I just use overseas online retailers TBH. Are you planning on getting your hemp licence to grow it or just for personal?
Personal with what I've been seeing on the news things are looking good for recreational use. And with my Epilepsy fingers crossed it helps.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey fullas here in nz the the cops are well known for spraying from helicopters with there blue spray which main ingredient is glyphosate. Im allgood, glad to have taken cuttings from a few of the plants that stood out. Thanks for the thoughts tho fullas, here's to next year.

Craven_au

Hey fullas here in nz the the cops are well known for spraying from helicopters with there blue spray which main ingredient is glyphosate. Im allgood, glad to have taken cuttings from a few of the plants that stood out. Thanks for the thoughts tho fullas, here's to next year.
That sucks. I hope you still get something this season with the cuttings smart idea. Will you take them inside?

It wouldn't surprise me if the police are using software to detect the colour difference of cannabis plants. AI is going to far we can't do shit with being seen on camera. we have them on every single intersection now. Would move to China but they've got the same camera's lol.

budsnblunts

Veteran
That sucks. I hope you still get something this season with the cuttings smart idea. Will you take them inside?

It wouldn't surprise me if the police are using software to detect the colour difference of cannabis plants. AI is going to far we can't do shit with being seen on camera. we have them on every single intersection now. Would move to China but they've got the same camera's lol.
Yip I run a couple tents to keep me busy through winter. But it looks like I'll be focusing on indoors a little more often.
20230222_095456.jpg

SHO774

What state are you man?
If your in Melbourne it makes perfect sense the grow season is almost over. Must keep the light on them 16 to 18hrs at least for Veg or mother plants.
26 parralel south, even in summer those clones just go straight to head. Have tried with cuttings of another strain in winter and it must be have had shit pollen get onto the parents as it revegged and hermied... always next season. I'd check out mr nice seedbank for cbd seeds.

Last edited:

SHO774

What the fuck man? Could have it been park rangers or forestry? That fucking sucks!! Pictures not loading yet. Doesn't look like something cops would do, they don't have herbicides. From what I have seen cops normally pull plants.
Yeah id bet rangers, copper dogs of the bush.

SHO774

My guess is it would be possible to keep most plants in veg in the 14-13 hour range, as long as your light hours are not diminishing. I am in flowering season now and attempting to keep my plants in veg with about 2 hours of artificial light after sunset. I will know soon if I have kept them in a safe range. It's going to be strain and environment depending. If you are vegging in winter you probably want to keep you light cycle on the low side 13 hours or something (depending on location) so you can match the lightcycle when summer comes around and you can match the daylight hours. If you are planning on flowering later in the season, probs 18 hours and more doesn't matter, as when you turn off the lights they will go straight into flower anyway. Increasing and decreasing daylength matters also, not just hours in my experience. How much temperature and strain and other factors influence flowering is beyond me at this point. I suspect that temperature and seasonal variation do have some influence. I don't think there is a true rule to stop a plant flowering, it's just trial and error and getting to know your genetics and it's limits. My guide would be if you slowly increase light hours you can probably keep a plant in veg on minimal daylight hours and the reverse if you are decreasing light. If you start with 12 hours both will have the desired outcome is my guess. This is just a guess, the people closer to the equator would have a better idea :D If you are in doubt and transitioning plants outside, the closer you can mimic nature the better. If you are vegging inside and want to flower outside, feel free to go from 24-18 hours light to whatever or any variation of that, if light is decreasing plants will not reveg after the solstice. If you want them to continue to veg you have to keep up the light to the same hours before you put them out. If you are planning on flowering outside after the winter solstice, good luck, I don't like your chances with those light hours increasing. Will probs reveg.
I did try putting them on 15 hours and they flowered on me. I didn't try increasing the light from there on, trial and error and strain dependant, as long as they don't hermie when I chuck em outside I'm happy and enjoy the learning experience, just sts'd both of those strains and it worked well so will try making some fem seeds to back the genetics up if something happens down the line.

SHO774

Sorry for spamming but I reaped some kush today, the mendo takes a bit longer which I like as it spaces out trimming. Photos don't really do it justice imo but it's pretty damn good.
20230226_162341.jpg

20230226_162301.jpg

Took a few pics of the mendo, it turns full purple in winter. Heaps of sugar on it. Hoping it stays dry till they're done.
20230226_161503.jpg
20230226_162407.jpg
20230226_162110.jpg
20230226_162220.jpg

Pretty chuffed with todays little pickings.
Take care 🙂

Last edited:

Bunga11

Sorry for spamming but I reaped some kush today, the mendo takes a bit longer which I like as it spaces out trimming. Photos don't really do it justice imo but it's pretty damn good.
View attachment 18813924
View attachment 18813925
Took a few pics of the mendo, it turns full purple in winter. Heaps of sugar on it. Hoping it stays dry till they're done.
View attachment 18813926 View attachment 18813927 View attachment 18813928 View attachment 18813929

Pretty chuffed with todays little pickings.
Take care 🙂
Looking really nice mate 😍

Pumpkin

Veteran
Looks really good from where I'm sitting!

Would like to update my grow, but I still can't find my phone :D So no photos, but things are going well. Started netting them, will probs start flowering them in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can update at some point.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I did try putting them on 15 hours and they flowered on me. I didn't try increasing the light from there on, trial and error and strain dependant, as long as they don't hermie when I chuck em outside I'm happy and enjoy the learning experience, just sts'd both of those strains and it worked well so will try making some fem seeds to back the genetics up if something happens down the line.
Lot easier to keep plants from seed in veg as well. Also just started trying to STS a plant to make seeds. Have taken some clones that look like they may root soon. I will pollinate them elsewhere to avoid getting seeds everywhere. Probs better I fuck around with pollen far from the rest of the grow :D

SHO774

Lookin forward to an update. Yeah thats an idea. Might of had a bit of Neville mullum pollen get away from me after i sprinkled some on a chem/sssdh x z99. Kicking myself a bit, not too close to the garden not too far either. Need to move those sts clones somewhere as well.

Bunga11

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to be asking advice but I’ve run into some issues with my tent grow. It looks like in the last few days they’ve started going to seed. They’re all fem seeds so not sure if it could be due to pollen left in the tent from a previous grow or maybe more related to a light leak or some kind of stress?? Anyway fairly disappointing but it’s all about learning along the way.
42A45960-E6D6-4ED6-8611-0875882A45AD.png

Bunga11

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to be asking advice but I’ve run into some issues with my tent grow. It looks like in the last few days they’ve started going to seed. They’re all fem seeds so not sure if it could be due to pollen left in the tent from a previous grow or maybe more related to a light leak or some kind of stress?? Anyway fairly disappointing but it’s all about learning along the way. View attachment 18814899

Attachments

• FCFC548D-B96E-4CC2-ABF6-4B5EEB67506F.png
    FCFC548D-B96E-4CC2-ABF6-4B5EEB67506F.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 27

Brother Nature

That’s a fair bit of seed… it also doesn’t look hermie from those photos, just highly seeded. My guess would be left over pollen, that shit can be very hard to get rid of and even a minute amount can seed a whole tent, I have had it happen before, though not quite to that extent.

Bunga11

That’s a fair bit of seed… it also doesn’t look hermie from those photos, just highly seeded. My guess would be left over pollen, that shit can be very hard to get rid of and even a minute amount can seed a whole tent, I have had it happen before, though not quite to that extent.
Yeah thanks didn’t look hermie but they’ve definitely been pollinated some how 🤦🏻‍♂️