What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

Bunga11

Hey guys just after some advice on cooling. Yesterday my tent got up to 35c and about 40% humidity, I put the humidifier in there and set it to 55% and that instantly kept the tent at about 28c. So just wondering do I invest in a proper gasses air conditioner or try and get away with a cheaper evaporative cooler? Only concern I have is we are heading into some really hot weather and there about 10 days into flowering so don’t want to run into mould issues in weeks to come. Any help or advice would be great, Cheers 👍

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey man I don't have issues with heat even in the peak of summer. But it is barely comparable between nz and aus.. I have an oversized fan and filter for extraction and that's it.. only run a 600 hps aswell.. led are good for heat issues I suppose..

Bunga11

Hey man I don't have issues with heat even in the peak of summer. But it is barely comparable between nz and aus.. I have an oversized fan and filter for extraction and that's it.. only run a 600 hps aswell.. led are good for heat issues I suppose..
Hey mate cheers, yeah you guys are a bit lucky over there with the more mild summers, not uncommon to be low 40s here this time of year and my tents semi out doors so yeah just trying to come up with a bit of a plan. Yeah I would hate to think how hot it would get if I didn’t have LEDs 😬
May have to invest in a small a/c but should be worth it in the long run hopefully haha

luvaduck

If you can afford it, a good ac is essential if you are in a warm area. I am up north and use a split system, Room stays at around 26.

budsnblunts

Veteran
Looks like they've really enjoyed the rains Buds. Like the look of the one with the dark stems.
Cheers man, a lot of that rust spot from having such a high water table. I think that one is sherbeghan, an indica landrace. The stems are quite reddy/purple. I really like it to. I've taken 12 cuttings so hopefully I can keep a mum.
20230208_164316.jpg
20230208_164333.jpg

Pumpkin

Veteran
Love the look of this plant, grasshoppers are having a bit of lunch in my garden. In general they are not being super destructive though. It's one of the freebies zkittles, not a very consistent seed stock, they are a bit all over the place. I think that temperature gauge might be fucked as well, it's not that humid
PXL_20230210_095200450.jpg

Pumpkin

Veteran
Do you guys think indica or sativa plants look more sexy. I prefer sativa for growing and smoking, but appearance wise I really love the look of indicas, the are just so luscious. An Indica looking plant with big leaves,I truly think they are the best looking. I also don't like too many veins on the leaves, just aesthetically, no other reason

StickyBandit

Love the look of this plant, grasshoppers are having a bit of lunch in my garden. In general they are not being super destructive though. It's one of the freebies zkittles, not a very consistent seed stock, they are a bit all over the place. I think that temperature gauge might be fucked as well, it's not that humid
View attachment 18809394
Looks nice and healthy. The humidity is probably higher on the moist dirt than a little higher up and yeah, a lot of those humidity meters are unreliable. I have some that are about 15 apart! Which one's right? :p

Pumpkin

Veteran
Could be 10 years old that thing as well. I just put it in for temps, figure I should open the sides if it is 35 plus in here. Already burnt a few leaves being lazy. Been a bit of a sloppy start having a year off 😅 I'm going to bring it home good though and get my act together

Pumpkin

Veteran
You certainly seem to have your act together :D (y)
Thanks man. I get shitty at myself when some of my plants are not looking as good as they should. I always want the next grow to be perfect and it's annoying when you stuff it up a bit. But with the lights I should have time on my hands to correct the mistakes. Some of my plants had sludgy roots in transplanting them into the ground. If I have to move stuff around and veg a little longer that is fine though. I have enough to replace and go two a planter if need be. I'm going to be flowering quite late and it gets real cold up here. I really have no idea how that will go. It's a bit of an experiment and my first time flowering in a semi greenhouse. Being self critical makes me do a better job. I'm a happy cunt, just want to do the job to the best of my ability

Latest posts

Latest posts