What's new

Australian and New Zealander Smoker's Lounge TEMPORARY thread.

StickyBandit

Did you wet down the area with a spray bottle of water between grows?
Usually a few dark pistils amongst the white ones early on is a sure sign of pollination. Are you sure they're seeds? It's hard for me to tell from the pics

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ive seen plenty of hermies where you dont really see any flowers ,, they are there though , hence the seed , they dont make themselves ,
pollen isnt very durable either , slim chance its gonna last from one grow to the next i reckon ,
i guess its appropriate to take the proper precautions ,
but over a month , surviving in a tent , yea i dont think much is gonna survive , if any at all , certainly not heaps that will come back later to haunt you ....

some of those hermies seem to have flowers internally or out of eye sight ,
sneaky hermies , ive certainly missed them despite keeping my eyes peeled for any signs ,
and still ended up with seeded weed without seeing any flowers on the girls and no males present ,
out in the bush , so its not a neighbour or anything like that ...

Brother Nature

ive seen plenty of hermies where you dont really see any flowers ,, they are there though , hence the seed , they dont make themselves ,
pollen isnt very durable either , slim chance its gonna last from one grow to the next i reckon ,
i guess its appropriate to take the proper precautions ,
but over a month , surviving in a tent , yea i dont think much is gonna survive , if any at all , certainly not heaps that will come back later to haunt you ....

some of those hermies seem to have flowers internally or out of eye sight ,
sneaky hermies , ive certainly missed them despite keeping my eyes peeled for any signs ,
and still ended up with seeded weed without seeing any flowers on the girls and no males present ,
out in the bush , so its not a neighbour or anything like that ...
That's good to know Don, I'd heard pollen stays viable for a long time so it's nice to know that's not the case. I'd trust your word over the person I'd heard the viable pollen suggestion from anyday...

Bunga11, my suggestion would change to a light leak then, maybe? I've had plants hermie from PH issues, but yours do look pretty healthy from the photo, so who knows, she can be a sensitive plant.

Bunga11

4CE0079F-E1DB-4986-AAE1-41B27AA7AB45.jpeg
Cheers guys yeah I’m still not 100 percent how it’s happened but spewing I didn’t pick it up earlier. Anyway learn from my mistakes haha. I’m thinking the plants I have outdoors and are just bag seed with known hermies in them have brushed some pollen off on me and I’ve spread it?? I haven’t noticed any flowers but would make sense if they can still hermie without showing really

Pumpkin

Veteran
View attachment 18815253 Cheers guys yeah I’m still not 100 percent how it’s happened but spewing I didn’t pick it up earlier. Anyway learn from my mistakes haha. I’m thinking the plants I have outdoors and are just bag seed with known hermies in them have brushed some pollen off on me and I’ve spread it?? I haven’t noticed any flowers but would make sense if they can still hermie without showing really
That's pretty disappointing! I would guess you have some balls in the grow somewhere as well. They can be hidden amongst flowers and very hard to spot sometimes. I'd be sourcing some better genetics before attempting another grow. Throw out all seeds from this grow also, you don't want to find yourself desperate and using them again. It will just cause further disappointment.

Bunga11

That's pretty disappointing! I would guess you have some balls in the grow somewhere as well. They can be hidden amongst flowers and very hard to spot sometimes. I'd be sourcing some better genetics before attempting another grow. Throw out all seeds from this grow also, you don't want to find yourself desperate and using them again. It will just cause further disappointment.
Yeah disappointing but lesson learnt for using freebies and crap genetics. I’ve got some good seeds waiting to go but just want to get the tent all cleaned out really well before they go in.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Looking good!!! I agree with the spray the tent down with water. Apparently water kills pollen, or so I have read. So it's a decent precaution to take. I imagine it would be dead by next flower, but may as well just in case.

Pumpkin

Veteran
Nice mate they’re looking good also 😍
Thanks man, I'm not sure what to do right now. I got like two options. 1 flower soon and enjoy the last of the sunny weather. 2. fill out the whole room and battle the cold. Both have compromises so i'm not sure what to do. I have no idea what will give me the best outcome. I don't have a good answer because i've never been in this situation before.

Pumpkin

Veteran
I grew a plant in water in winter with an aquarium heater in the winter and it turned out pretty crap, the roots were ideal temperature, but the tops sucked.. I'm paranoid about cold weather, i'm curious if i can do anything about that in a greenhouse. It gets fucking cold here, no fucking joke. We got okay weather now, it;s not going to last long. How do I keep my plants happy in that, not really sure. The main question on my mind is do i veg another three weeks and fill out the whole space, or better to flower early and enjoy the bountiful harvest of late autumn. There is no easy answer

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Veteran
I can buy a heater, I seen those portable diesel heaters, that is an option, heat it up in the morning, i also got a wood fired heater. I'm actually more scared about the temperature drop than the lack of light.

Bunga11

Hey Pumpkin yeah that’s a hard one. It gets pretty cold here too but we usually get to the end of April before that. I used a little oil heater in my tent through winter but obviously that’s a way smaller scale. I’d probably be tempted to let them flower now and enjoy the sun haha