What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As The World's collapsing, jane is to thrive...

Dudesome

Veteran
re-read that, and change the word 'dollar bill' for 'gold'.

the idea that a commodity avoids boom/bust and other assorted bullshit we're dealing with currently is proven false by....looking at the time period where it was the norm.

it wasn't pancakes and high fives then, either. again, it's all just a game we all agree is sane even if it isn't. worth is assessed by the assessor, no matter if it's fiat currency, or fiat commodity. it has worth because we say it does, nothing more.

it's the principle of cycles, dear. History proves that every time people switched from fiat currency - they got back to gold and silver. Gold and silver are somewhat more natural types of commodities and not fiat. Yes gold bubble is going to bust within 6-9 years. Just like the dotcom bubble. Just like the realestate bubble. just like any bubble.
Im not sayin that PMs are to become our currency. I'm saying that right now it will be gaining more power than any currency in the world, because any currency in the world depends on USD.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yah, the dear thing is a breaking point. i'll take goofiness as entertainment, but condescension from the same direction is a bit more obnoxious than i dig.

Dudesome

Veteran
Like Harvard where Larry Summer preaches his Neo-Keyensian gospel.

Or from Princeton where the Bernank hails from. Those guys have really done us a great job lol. Real genius. Setting inflation targets and overdosing everyone on free money. Keynes disapproved of currency debasement. I reckon he would disapprove off these frauds.

What do your advisors say about the coming QE3?

Even Deutsche Bank's perma bull Joey LaWronga has to admit the real economy is shit. GDP Q1 revised down to 0.4%. Personal Consumption tumbled from 2.1% to 0.1% lol. Our monetary sugar high is wearing off.

Given that we are going back into a recession and monetary stimulus is the only answer anymore, where do you see the end game in this going? How is America going to get away with infinite monetization when no other country in history has? When has rigged markets ended well for the unsuspecting participants?

There is someone who understands what's on ;)

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
China won't be taking over anything. They have serious problems. Uncontrollable inflation leading to pockets of growing social unrest. The only debate in the media is "hard landing" or "soft landing." They left out crash and burn. I personally think "hard landing" and smolder some.

Dudesome

Veteran
China won't be taking over anything. They have serious problems. Uncontrollable inflation leading to pockets of growing social unrest. The only debate in the media is "hard landing" or "soft landing." They left out crash and burn. I personally think "hard landing" and smolder some.

Yet their GDP is thriving thanks to US corporations. Employment is too. Atleast their wheel is spinning.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Yet their GDP is thriving thanks to US corporations. Employment is too. Atleast their wheel is spinning.

Their wheel is spinning with a shit ton of false/doctored growth. Whole cities built...housing, malls, the whole deal. Well, guess what? They're sitting EMPTY at this very moment! Think about that for a second.

As far as this whole PM's talk I'm reading...Well, this country tried the Gold Standard before and it didn't work out so well (went off it during the years 1914-1919, then there was the aftermath of the Great Depression, etc).

What makes you goldbugs think it will work now? To be clear, I own gold, silver and some platinum. I'm not saying they shouldn't be part of a balanced portfolio, but it's a bit extreme to assume that gold would have any realistic value under a doomsday scenario. It's just a shiny rock that you can't eat or shelter yourself with. People own PM's because they're waiting for the next sucker to come along and buy it for more than they paid for it, simple as that.

HB.

Dudesome

Veteran
As far as this whole PM's talk I'm reading...Well, this country tried the Gold Standard before and it didn't work out so well (went off it during the years 1914-1919, then there was the aftermath of the Great Depression, etc).

HB.

ok someone is misinformed on the gold standard thing

Dudesome

Veteran
Their wheel is spinning with a shit ton of false/doctored growth. Whole cities built...housing, malls, the whole deal. Well, guess what? They're sitting EMPTY at this very moment! Think about that for a second.

What makes you goldbugs think it will work now? To be clear, I own gold, silver and some platinum. I'm not saying they shouldn't be part of a balanced portfolio, but it's a bit extreme to assume that gold would have any realistic value under a doomsday scenario. It's just a shiny rock that you can't eat or shelter yourself with. People own PM's because they're waiting for the next sucker to come along and buy it for more than they paid for it, simple as that.

HB.

I am not convincing anyone to buy gold. Just suggesting hehe :)
And noone is talking about any doomsday... doomsday is bible... I don't believe in bible :)

We are talking about the Great Boom here. The biggest economical crisis in history. The Fiat currency bubble bust. I honestly can't say how much of criminal/unemployment/rich/poor are there going to be. Not for me to forecast. The fact is: it's going to happen. And it's going to happen soon. Wait for november 2012 when the same debt ceiling question arises. Maybe even earlier. Oooh I can't wait....

LOAD UP :p

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Like Harvard where Larry Summer preaches his Neo-Keyensian gospel.

Or from Princeton where the Bernank hails from. Those guys have really done us a great job lol. Real genius. Setting inflation targets and overdosing everyone on free money. Keynes disapproved of currency debasement. I reckon he would disapprove off these frauds.

What do your advisors say about the coming QE3?

Even Deutsche Bank's perma bull Joey LaWronga has to admit the real economy is shit. GDP Q1 revised down to 0.4%. Personal Consumption tumbled from 2.1% to 0.1% lol. Our monetary sugar high is wearing off.

Given that we are going back into a recession and monetary stimulus is the only answer anymore, where do you see the end game in this going? How is America going to get away with infinite monetization when no other country in history has? When has rigged markets ended well for the unsuspecting participants?

Again, for me it comes down to who you take your advice from. As much as you and Dudesome think you are right, I'm gonna go with the people with the most experience, and proven track record.

Good job pointing out that bad eggs have come from ivy league schools. Cookies for you. Bad people are found everywhere.

You dominate the short term trades thread. So you should clearly be sitting on a few mill in assets since you know the economy better then the experts right?

You guys feel free to continue freakin out about the country collapsing and stocking up on gold and cashing out your investments. You guys can do the worrying for me while I chill.

I'm out.

Dudesome

Veteran
Again, for me it comes down to who you take your advice from. As much as you and Dudesome think you are right, I'm gonna go with the people with the most experience, and proven track record.

Good job pointing out that bad eggs have come from ivy league schools. Cookies for you. Bad people are found everywhere.

You dominate the short term trades thread. So you should clearly be sitting on a few mill in assets since you know the economy better then the experts right?

You guys feel free to continue freakin out about the country collapsing and stocking up on gold and cashing out your investments. You guys can do the worrying for me while I chill.

I'm out.

thanks for stopping by :wave:

Cappy

A billiion people living below the poverty line is China's most obvious Achilles heel and it's dirtiest "little" secret.

A good question for this thread....

What will the population of Earth be in 2111?

Dudesome

Veteran
Two things you should read about: Gold Reserve Act of 1933 and Bretton Woods.

HB.

gold reserve act is 1913, friend...(EDIT)

woops sorry my mistake. I thought u meant fed reserve act.

Gold reserve act - when folks got ripped of their gold. yes crazy story. 10 yrs of prison or your gold.

thats why pms arent to be trusted to anyone and bought secretly!

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
gold reserve act is 1913, friend...(EDIT)

woops sorry my mistake. I thought u meant fed reserve act.

Gold reserve act - when folks got ripped of their gold. yes crazy story. 10 yrs of prison or your gold.

Yeah, I can see how you got those two confused...must have been the way I typed it.

HB.