What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

As The World's collapsing, jane is to thrive...

supermanlives

Veteran
Yes china is experiencing short-term problems. But the fact that most of US corporations are moving there with a speed of lightning is going to raise their GDP big time.

GE has started moving this week. GE man! you know what that means?

hopefully my new bulbs come with a fortune cookie LOL

Dudesome

Veteran
id say 10 years till we crash again. (20 years ago i predicted the last "crash", course i was a bum and a junky and uneducated to boot so no one listened ;)

this crash is only going to hurt people who dont matter to me, not anymore, so im not very vocal about it :)

its going to be a crash of imaginary things that we´ve made oh so important.

and the people that will crash and burn the hardest are the one´s saying it wont happen, the one´s that are going to make it happen.

its just a lesson to learn for the idiotic masses.

even though you are right, I do not agree with you on the "idiotic masses" statement.
The masses are intentionally brainwashed. Absolutely no reason to be angry with them. You and me are brainwashed just the same, just on a different level.
Masses are a plan of a shepherd. Who is that shepherd? Skull and Bones? Bilderbergs? CFR? Illuminati? Do you know? Cause I am not sure anymore...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
invest in guns and practical knowledge(how to build, farm, hunt, survive)

they are the only things that will ensure your survival in the eventual collapse and fallout.
On the plus side? ^^^^^^ Yeap been doin that. Being Poor White Trash makes it an easier transition. The lights will be on here. Just use your Ic name as a password...Most of You are welcome...

Dudesome

Veteran

they are the only things that will ensure your survival in the eventual collapse and fallout.

A great way to survive. I want to thrive, however :tiphat:

That being said, rich will get richer. Poor will get poorer. Middlecalss is about to dissapear.

its the powers that be. kennedy warned of it, as did many others. I completly agree with the op, were fucked, and i feel were to deep to ever get out. Mabey ron paul is our last hope, mabey not..

An interesting statistic is.. back in 1990 the federal budget was 1/4th what it was today, seemed like they got things done just fine back then.

A also agree marijuana alchohol and ciggaretts will continue to be in demand, so those of u in any of the above industrys have in my opinion a pretty secure future

Dudesome

Veteran
its the powers that be. kennedy warned of it, as did many others. I completly agree with the op, were fucked, and i feel were to deep to ever get out. Mabey ron paul is our last hope, mabey not..

An interesting statistic is.. back in 1990 the federal budget was 1/4th what it was today, seemed like they got things done just fine back then.

A also agree marijuana alchohol and ciggaretts will continue to be in demand, so those of u any of the above industrys have in my opinion a pretty secure future

I think Ron Paul is the greatest republican outthere. Sad, but they will not let him get to matter too much. That was exactly why JFK got shot. They thought they could make him their puppet. They were wrong.

Dudesome

Veteran

by the way in the initial constitution of the Us there was National Firearms Act that said something like this:
Every ameican will have a freedom to carry a gun in case the government overindulges with its power.

supermanlives

Veteran
i wouldnt mind a collapse . back to basics which is second nature to me . hard to do in the city tho. not many viable food sources here altho the ocean is here.i wouldnt want to live on pidgeon and rat

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
So while they are reporting to us those funny inflation rates of 2-4% a year food price has grown 37% only this year. Gas price? see for yourselves...

My food costs haven't changed at all compared to last year, and gas prices have been much higher in years past.

While shit is def. going down economically, this post reminds me of hydro-soil who bounced when the Japan nuclear event went down. He swore that by June everyone in the western part of the USA would be fucked. Laughed at people who called his bluff. Then he moved to some mountain in Colorado, invited others to come. To my knowledge he hasn't posted since leaving.

In my personal opinion, and I'm not even close to a financial expert (but consult a extremely successful one frequently), your post sorta fits in the same boat. To think that this debt ceiling bs is going to suddenly cause the entire economy to collapse, the dollar worth nothing, and everyone paying for shit with gold coins is a little extreme. Could it happen in a few decades? Maybe. But to think that its just going to start happening immediately is just strange and over the top.

Once important people start cashing out into gold and moving to other countries, then I'll start getting a bit nervous. Until then, people like you are just feeding the same sort of fire that Hydro-soil fed.

But for a second lets play into the fantasy that over the course of a month the entire USA system collapses. You say that the marijuana market will prosper. I don't think this is true.

If the economy collapses and there is mass chaos, the last people who are gonna proper are weed growers. General gardeners, sure, but not weed growers. People will be too busy killing animals for food and defending themselves from all the thieves right? I know personally if shit hit the fan the last thing I'd be worrying about is buying some weed. If anything it would become more dangerous because if the USA collapses then you cant pay cops, so there will be no policing right? So having a big grow is just inviting the millions of thieves to come try to jack your shit. I'm sure you'll have a gun but so will they.

If you really start thinking about what would happen if everything in the USA failed, it starts sounding a little ridiculous.

And those who truly do think this is gonna happen are sorta contradicting themselves by staying here and posting online instead of bouncing to another country that is more stable or building yourself into a bunker in the woods with 500,000 rounds of ammo.

Just my opinion. And if I'm wrong, feel free to send me a letter saying "haha" because you won't be able to PM since the internet will be down in the US.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you, dear! Thank you for bringing the argument that could make me start:
The DEMAND For Weed during the crisis and why it's going to rise.

To start of I shall bring you an example.

The thriving of cofeeshops in amsterdam during the subprime realestate default of 2007.

When the default happened, most businesses had to declaire bankruptcy. That was not the case with Cofeeshops in amsterdam. In fact, people started inhaling way bigger than before the crisis, which boomed the revenues of cofeeshops.

Speaking for myself - I thrived. Some of my chronic went 50-60 euro/gram back then. The demand was insane, even though people remained unemployed.

We have to take into a count the fact that Weed is a medicine first of all. It reveals stress and helps with depression. At times of crisis depression is a massive mentality and not just individual sickness(if you may call it that). That is the key factor why demand curve goes up.

Yes it sounds predatory to exploit the market(consumer,people<3!!!) that way. But if you do not exploit it - it exploits you.
You either value your labour, so that everyone does the same or become cheap.

you're going to have to pardon my bluntness, but that sounds a heck of a lot like

1) steal underpants
2) ??????
3) profit

if people that buy my weed have no money, they have no money to give me for my weed. demand can skyrocket out the wazoo, but just wanting it without being able to pay for it is kinda the point that matters.

again, that's the same if you somehow make barter or precious metals the economic underpinning - it's that part in the middle between chaos and things still being peachy for me that seems like a series of question marks with a lot of emphasis, but not much explanation.

Dudesome

Veteran
i wouldnt mind a collapse . back to basics which is second nature to me . hard to do in the city tho. not many viable food sources here altho the ocean is here.i wouldnt want to live on pidgeon and rat

I feel you man! But lets not forget how valuable the commodity called MJ is going to become.

My personal advice to most of you folks: LOAD UP TODAY.
Load up with Cereals, salt(!!!!Was a currency back in the ages!!!!), sugar, oil, and foods you can keep for atleast 4 years(4 yrs was 1929-1933, 6 yrs was 1939-1945).
Load up with Tools of long term use that don't require electricity.
Load up with Warm Cloths(climate dependent, yet still)
Load up with PM!(self explainatory)

Croissant

yeah i watched money as debt and know about peak oil. But if you got some good info and links let me know!

I thought it would get really really bad until I learned about the potential of nuclear fusion. Its pretty much nuclear fusion or bust.

I think the powers that be know how the forecast looks and they are trying to use all of this upcoming mess as a huge power grab.

Or privtization as the answer is the religious doomsday fanatics way of fullfilling proficy?

Dudesome

Veteran
you're going to have to pardon my bluntness, but that sounds a heck of a lot like

1) steal underpants
2) ??????
3) profit

if people that buy my weed have no money, they have no money to give me for my weed. demand can skyrocket out the wazoo, but just wanting it without being able to pay for it is kinda the point that matters.

again, that's the same if you somehow make barter or precious metals the economic underpinning - it's that part in the middle between chaos and things still being peachy for me that seems like a series of question marks with a lot of emphasis, but not much explanation.
good points both headies and gdtrfb.

Let me explain however. You are both overexaggerating. We are not talking about the $ change for weed system here. Neither will people walk around with gold and silver in their pockets. We are talking about the barter system, where weed will be exchanged for other precious commodities like barley or salt.
And what makes you think that people will lack those commodities? Some are sharing these thoughts you know... they will indeed load up and thrive. In fact some folks will thrive indeed. The years of accumulation of those goods will not be gone for nothing. Buying a downhill bike for just 2 oz will be reasonable.

I am not arguing, just sharing my points of view. Not just mine even.