What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are we going to have the 16oz cup contest

Are we going to have the 16oz cup contest

• Seeds only

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Clone only

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Seed and Clone sub catagorys in same contest

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
i hope so. last run had quite a few. problem was they got so big they were falling over like dominos.ended up having to put them in bigger containers so i could stake and support em. next time i will use indigas as a 3 ft sativa in a 16 oz cup aint fun.

I feel you...

picture.php

Ojo

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
Hey folks, iffen ya'll can give me a day or 2 so I can get some cups then I'll put my clones up against any others...
I have been working on a new technique that I believe will revolutionize cloning and am anxious to put it to the test against conventional cloning techniques.

I already win tho cause this method acts like clones on crack and steroids...
I only need a couple of days to get to a town and back again.

Maybe we can get a seed grower to pitch in a of pretty round couple seeds for incentive?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
red did one last year. It was just for fun. Any prizes must be approved before the contest starts

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
RedSapagetti can do it this year if he wants, Prizes can be eliminated if it makes it easier, but I was just thinking of Grow Swag (Stuff we all Get) Some hats, posters, Maybe a shirt. Just promotional stuff.

But Understands we dont have permission yet, So it wont start till then and there will be plenty of lead time for everyone to get ready.

I do like the idea tossed out last year of the winner getting Avatar badges Saying 16oz winner.

But dont get ahead of ourselves, Maybe Red would be up for making a couple packs of seed prizes too?

dgr

Hey folks, iffen ya'll can give me a day or 2 so I can get some cups then I'll put my clones up against any others...
I have been working on a new technique that I believe will revolutionize cloning and am anxious to put it to the test against conventional cloning techniques.

I already win tho cause this method acts like clones on crack and steroids...
I only need a couple of days to get to a town and back again.

Maybe we can get a seed grower to pitch in a of pretty round couple seeds for incentive?

Stress,
Not that I'm stalking you or anything but that's the second time you mentioned this revolutionary cloning technique. IIRC, last time you were going to post a thread. You holding out on the homies?

smokefrogg

Veteran
lol think i got an 1/8 last time, down to try again though!......crud, after searching i think i did the 16oz. thing on a different board last year, let's go icmag!

smokefrogg

Veteran
i don't care about prizes, just sounds like fun! the clones won't be happening for me if the start time is super soon, got plenty of fast growing f1 hybrid seed waiting though hehe, see how the thai x lowyrder #2 works out in a cup lol (like a irish wolf hound crossed to a chihuaha haha)

Stress_test

Veteran
lol think i got an 1/8 last time, down to try again though!......crud, after searching i think i did the 16oz. thing on a different board last year, let's go icmag!

1/8oz?
I've been seeing 2 plus per from 20oz cups, I know I can get at least an oz from a 16.

Stress,
Not that I'm stalking you or anything but that's the second time you mentioned this revolutionary cloning technique. IIRC, last time you were going to post a thread. You holding out on the homies?

No way Bro... I'm just waiting until I am sure that what I have done is consistent and makes a big enough difference to make it worth the effort.

I only need a few more days, a week at the most to reconfirm my last results.

But I can give ya'll a little bit of explanation about the concept:
Imagine that you want to build a house from trees and the only constraint is that you must first clone and grow the trees for the lumber... You first choose the right species of tree and begin cloning.
Next you cut your clones and nurture em until they grow roots and a stump and then the main trunk and eventually limbs and they become trees.

When we clone weed our goals are pretty much the same: We wait for roots, stem, leaves and then we have plants that we wait to grow buds which is the true agenda and result.

What I have found is a way to skip all the bullshit and cut to the chase. Kinda like cloning buds without all the time wasted on growing stems and leaves and the long drawn out process of vegging.

So right now I have sent clones out that are prepared in various ways to see which method not only roots faster but produces the healthiest plants the fastest and biggest yield. The new technique creates clones that explode in growth @ 2 weeks, and so far it works on all of the strains I have cloned.

supermanlives

Veteran
16 oz winner sounds good. oz per cup easy as hell . its keeping them up thats the challenge. mine kept falling over. need to make some kind of support system.that title is mine 16ox. i actually cut a few and will post pics. better go hardmode if ya wanna beat superman

Last edited:

LetsSeeYa

Wow iv seen this contest and always wanted to try it so id be in for sure. My cups are blue, but same size, any issues with that? But im sure rules will be layed out.

Great idea! I wanna see how my LED's rock a beer cup up!

Thanks for the idea,

LSY

Stress_test

Veteran
This thread is replace by the formal Great beer cup challenge Moderated by vonforne here -

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169

Screw that! This thread ain't being replaced with that other lame thread...
This thread was fine and now that other thread is there but that one is just about growin seeds in beer cups. It kinda lends the idea that it isn't about growing weed in beer cups at all, and is a tactic to get people to buy a bunch more seeds from seed companies. Which is all fine but I would rather focus on ways to grow more weed in smaller containers, rather than which seed companies sells more seeds.

Seeds won't grow as nicely as clones will in beer cups because plants started from seeds will fill the cup with roots faster, root bind, and force flower sooner. Where as clones can be cut larger to begin with and have a much larger plant before the roots out grow the cup and force finish.

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Screw that! This thread ain't being replaced with that other lame thread...
This thread was fine and now that other thread is there but that one is just about growin seeds in beer cups. It kinda lends the idea that it isn't about growing weed in beer cups at all, and is a tactic to get people to buy a bunch more seeds from seed companies. Which is all fine but I would rather focus on ways to grow more weed in smaller containers, rather than which seed companies sells more seeds.

Seeds won't grow as nicely as clones will in beer cups because plants started from seeds will fill the cup with roots faster, root bind, and force flower sooner. Where as clones can be cut larger to begin with and have a much larger plant before the roots out grow the cup and force finish.

lol you can't be serious...who said that people have to buy seeds? If you will check the thread
then you will notice that every individual will participate with existing seeds.

Chill down and if you think that you need to start another 160z cup thread, feel free to do so but stop the nonsense.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Now that everybody has dicked around. I just composted 21 Serious Seeds ak47 and now maybe clones are ok. Geee's

dgr

lol you can't be serious...who said that people have to buy seeds? If you will check the thread
then you will notice that every individual will participate with existing seeds.

Chill down and if you think that you need to start another 160z cup thread, feel free to do so but stop the nonsense.
And those seeds come from where? Sucks to be me but I can't buy seeded weed. Not interested in popping a few $10-$20 beans.

Just the other side of the coin

edit: Poll results. Poll results

Latest posts

Latest posts