What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vonforne

Ok EVERYONE the time has arrived! This will be a first in a series of Beer Cup Challenges. You all have been very patient waiting on ME. Thank You ALL for that! I am back to growing now. So, hats off to all of you..........:thank you::tiphat:
Starting date Sept 25th 2011 this is the day to start the seeds.

Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

If there is anything I have missed let me know and it will be added.

So, lets get this going and post up the strains and descriptions of the genetics you are growing. If you vary from the rules you could be disqualified. Keep it clean and honest and have a great time.

V

Last edited:
V

vonforne

My choice for a strain will be from a pack of Dreamtime (varied genetics) fro MNS. I do not know what I will get but the choices are NL, Afghan, Skunk and Haze.

V

G

greenmatter

gotta go back through the beans and see what i have ...... is there an official start date? or do we post what we are growin' and plant em?

V

vonforne

The official start date is 2 weeks from tomorrow. The 25th of September.

V

MMJcali

hmm I believe in all of you, but I can't help but think that with 4 week veg itll get rootbound mighty quick...I've seen it done before in 12/12 from seed or 2 week veg...

this is the part where you prove me wrong and I look like a fool :clock watch:

seriously though I'm subbed, this should be fun

WelderDan

Veteran
Ooooh, I like a challenge

What about lights? Any wattage limit?

Also, is more than one plant, and more than one strain allowed?

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Alright!!!!! :dance013: This is what I've been looking for! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=213082

Is there a set Germination date? I managed to find my cup an bean that were set aside.

Should I crack her now and log it from here, or what?

How can contestants prove vege times? and when does vege start? As soon as the seed germs or breaks medium?

Nother Q,... should we do grow logs on our cup runs?

I've got a thousand more questions about details, but fuckem,... I've been waiting to pop this bean for WAY too long! :D

V

vonforne

Alright!!!!! :dance013: This is what I've been looking for! https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=213082

Is there a set Germination date? I managed to find my cup an bean that were set aside.

Should I crack her now and log it from here, or what?

How can contestants prove vege times? and when does vege start? As soon as the seed germs or breaks medium?

Nother Q,... should we do grow logs on our cup runs?

I've got a thousand more questions about details, but fuckem,... I've been waiting to pop this bean for WAY too long! :D

We all start together.

We prove veg times with the weekly time and date stamped pictures which are a must to post. No picture update and you are disqualified from the contest.

V

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i'm a spectator, wish i could compete.

will do so in the future

does sound like fun...

V

vonforne

i'm a spectator, wish i could compete.

will do so in the future

does sound like fun...

you will be one of the people voting when it is all over to pick a winner.

I will have to think up some kind of prize for the winner.

V

WelderDan

Veteran
This is gonna be fun. Killer Queen, G13/HP, G13/Butterscotch Hawaiian, BSH, LUI/Blue Moonshine F2, White Rhino/NL #1 and maybe some others.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
This is gonna be fun. Killer Queen, G13/HP, G13/Butterscotch Hawaiian, BSH, LUI/Blue Moonshine F2, White Rhino/NL #1 and maybe some others.

HAHAHAHAH!!! way to stack your hand! :tiphat:

I've got a White Widow fem,... that's it.... Guess there won't be any prize for me! :eek::

Oh well,... I'm gonna have fun doing this anyway. ;)

P.S.

Time limit? What about long flowering strains? (not that I expect to see any)

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
past winner 2006...:)

Attachments

• 2798816ozGrow-med.jpg
    2798816ozGrow-med.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 68

WelderDan

Veteran
HAHAHAHAH!!! way to stack your hand! :tiphat:

I've got a White Widow fem,... that's it.... Guess there won't be any prize for me! :eek::

Oh well,... I'm gonna have fun doing this anyway. ;)

Don't say that! It's the people that only buy 1 ticket that win the lottery.

Besides that, I usually do hydro, so I'm gonna have to change methods. Ain't no way in hell I can run a 16 oz res!

Status
Not open for further replies.