What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Anything Outdoors 2021~World Wide~

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlaser

Veteran
Looking good budsnblunts, had to look Australian/New Zealand oppossum after seeing that pic in the other thread. Barely any resemblance to the U.S. ones I’m used to seeing. Don’t think they mess with pot plants here, but they are omnivores so probably will if hungry.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php
picture.php

40degsouth

I remember seeing a porkepine for the first time in BC. It took me a while to work out what it was. I thought they were about as big as a hedgehog, a bit bigger than a toilet roll but nooo a meter long....wtf David Attenbro, you never told me that??!!

40degsouth

Montuno,
here’s a photo of the unholy trinity, gorse, blackberries and broom. In fullest disclosure l had to move the broom, for the photo but only ten meters.
The other two are of the worst thing that has happened to me as a gardener in nearly 30 years, a leaf spot disease that l can’t get rid of and is so virulent I have watched twelve foot plants melt in inclement conditions over a matter of weeks.
My Blackdog mother is somewhat resistant but as you can see, not totally.
I’m not sure if it’s septoria or something else. Anyone got any ideas for an IPM or how to get rid of it??? It’s totally taken all the fun out of growing for me.
Cheers,

Attachments

• 3CC42DF8-3F4E-45A3-80A2-472191E1265D.jpg
    3CC42DF8-3F4E-45A3-80A2-472191E1265D.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 26
  • FFAC0B5A-6D51-42C6-8DF0-17B943611A0A.jpeg
    FFAC0B5A-6D51-42C6-8DF0-17B943611A0A.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 9C586337-634F-4B18-AAF9-6DF9CDFBE7D1.jpg
    9C586337-634F-4B18-AAF9-6DF9CDFBE7D1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 29

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Way to grow Budznbluntz! :dance: Looking good. Biggest fan leaf I've ever seen

Hopefully your dog doesn’t take an interest in one of those, I bet most would have to learn the hard way. Have never seen a porcupine but they are supposed to be around
I have two dogs ,one is a 15-year-old Siberian husky ,when he was young he did get a muzzle full of porcupine quills ,it was a nightmare ,I had to find a vet in the middle of the night they tranquilized him and took out each quill with tweezers individually
I remember seeing a porkepine for the first time in BC. It took me a while to work out what it was. I thought they were about as big as a hedgehog, a bit bigger than a toilet roll but nooo a meter long....wtf David Attenbro, you never told me that??!!

40degsouth

Here’s an interesting thing.
I haven’t seen this before. These mites usually chase beetles across the soil and overwhelm them by sheer numbers. They must be able to track them by scent because there’s absolutely no way they could see them over the soil surface. They run fast enough to catch up with the beetle hundreds of times their size and attach themselves to the soft tissue between their plate amour and eventually kill them.
In my experience, they thrive and multiply on seed meals and are a great first line of defence against root eating beetle grubs.
But.......here they are having colonised and gorged, on a lizard.

Attachments

• 61F19BC4-B803-42EF-AE4E-C4DBF7E04A70.jpg
    61F19BC4-B803-42EF-AE4E-C4DBF7E04A70.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Fitzera

Hopefully your dog doesn’t take an interest in one of those, I bet most would have to learn the hard way. Have never seen a porcupine but they are supposed to be around

Most dont learn and will do it again given the chance lol

Montuno

...como el Son...
7-January-2021 :

In my Sierra Morena it hardly ever snows every 5 or more years: some day of the worst winters a thin layer of snow can fall that barely set on the ground. Despite being far north of the famous Sierra Nevada (from which the others omonyms of the American continent take their names), our ceiling of about 1400 meters (I live somewhat below 900) is very far from its 3500.

But my 5-year-old niece who lives with me had asked the 3 Wise Men of the East ("los 3 Reyes Magos de Oriente") that it snow "like in foreign Christmas movies" ...
... And if you live in the Iberian Peninsula or Northwest Africa, you already know what happened: the Arctic storm "Filomena" descended as far south as the Canary Islands and Western Sahara, causing the heaviest snowfalls of which it finds historical references. (and that it did so in points where it had never snowed) in Morocco, Algeria, Portugal and Spain ...
It only lasted a few days, and then the temperatures rised again and everysnow melted ...

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

(As the Camarón de la Isla's song..."Tiriti-tirititi... tiriti-titititi... tirititando de frío... Tirititando de frío...bajaban 4 gitanas, por la orillita de un río..."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xqS6NIHN4eY

Snowy palm trees!
:shooty:

Fortunately for my niece, because shortly after discovering that snow was nothing but frozen water (and not similar to cotton candy) and that it also got wet and frozen when touched, she stopped wanting exotic boreal pictures ...

For me, they marked the end of the outdoor cannabis season, and also I stopped the olive harvest.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

11-January-2021:

...By this day, (11--Jan-2021), only 4 days after the snowfall of the century, it was 16°C maximum in the shade, and the snow had almost completely disappeared from the ground.

I continued to harvest the olives that the snowfall had not spoiled. This is how the olive grove on my mountain was that morning:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Still Winter here in the Northeast! View Image

Around here, after the surprising and huge snowfall in January (because of "Filomena Artic storm"; something very rare here), I've had maximum temperatures in the shade of between 18 and 21 °C all this week. Winter is finally gone, and everything is starting to fill up with flowers and birdsong.
I am already planning the cultivation.
However, I know from experience that I must wait at least until May to germinate or plant, if I don't want to grow monsters in which the Guardia Civil helicopters can get entangled,,, heh....

A big greeting full of spring's hopes , with some photos of the farewell of winter in my Monte Adentro:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around here, after the surprising and huge snowfall in January (because of "Filomena Artic storm"; something very rare here), I've had maximum temperatures in the shade of between 18 and 21 °C all this week. Winter is finally gone, and everything is starting to fill up with flowers and birdsong.
I am already planning the cultivation.
However, I know from experience that I must wait at least until May to germinate or plant, if I don't want to grow monsters in which the Guardia Civil helicopters can get entangled,,, heh....

A big greeting full of spring's hopes , with some photos of the farewell of winter in my Monte Adentro:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Esta es la época más indeseable del año (estamos en transición) pero la belleza de la temporada de primavera está a la vuelta de la esquina ... No puedo esperar

Montuno

...como el Son...
I leave you some photos published in the web of ecological tourism of my region about the return (a few weeks ago) of the flamingos to some lagoons a few kilometres north of Monte Adentro:

Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder... so I share my point of view with you View Image

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Some photos of buds from my last 2020 outdoor Zamalmistyk, right now:

ZAMALMYSTIC [Zamal Mafate '80] * [(Original Misty * Jack Herer) * Afghan]:
2020 " feno Zamal Mafate"); Tropical Seeds Company:

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Montuno ^^^ Nice .... when do your start your seeds ?:plant grow: I’m think early April for myself..... Genial ... ¿cuándo empiezas con tus semillas? Creo que a principios de abril por mí mismo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts