What's new

Anything outdoors 2019 !!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Nothing is used. 100% wild.

I have these 6" apart on purpose. I've confirmed the dwarf pheno isn't stress induced. They're loners. I find it strange that some plots have zero males, and some have lots. Same location.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Field surface water is all going through my plot! Had to divert water with a ditch and pile soil in the garden. God told me to go to check on the plot, and I was going to stay home. The plants were having their roots choked out! Watch the fast growth this summer, self watering plot! Thank you God!

Notice the sativa candy spice plant with a turned leaf. Its waterlogged there where the water comes in the plot! I got out there just in time guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Monkey Shit, Honduran, Swazi, GG4 Autos.

View Image

Awesome! Super stealth! How long before they get picked?

I like those experimental plots you did with the high density planting. The spacing there is a little too close though. I think it needs to be at least 10-12 inches to give them enough space to grow. Also makes it possible to work the soil properly before top dressing with fertilizer. That would be a lot of males! You never know until you try...

I have used this method forever. I started out years ago turning the soil in a little plot and scratching in a bag of seed with my fingertips. Then I started digging holes and planting 3-5 seeds directly in a little potting soil at the top of the hole. Then I started turning the entire plot and planting in a staggered, diagonal row pattern at 1-2 ft. Seems to work out perfect especially when males are culled. Never hurts to try. You can see they are pretty stretchy.

That would be a lot of males to sort through! Will you top dress those plots soon?

2015 Plot

picture.php

Tychomonolyth "pipeline plots"

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be sure to pinch the big ones to let the others catch up and have an even canopy. That will help yields. Also, you can still do some transplanting to make the spacing better and improve yields.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm getting some insect damage thats significant. Do you just use neem?

Well I'm going with more of a different approach this year. I'm still using Sevin 1/2 strength first. That's what I sprayed yesterday, And I'm gonna also use Trifecta Crop. Its supposed to be great for various spider mites and stuff. Also got some Greencure and yes I'll use Neem at some point, maybe early flowering. I know many are against Sevin, but I will use 1/2 strength in Veg. I hope rotating might keep the pests from getting immune to something. I had bugs indoor 1 time in 15yrs in the Midwest, it's a different level in the mtns. You gotta stay on top of them, and the snails!!!!

PlotPipeline looks very good, you'll probably be alright once you sort out the males. Then you'll have space for the fems to spread out. You probably can't really tell 100% what's males yet can you?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I planted a Lemon OG Candy directly into the ground earlier. I grew a Purkle1 in that plot last yr and it faired ok. Ive still got 1 more of these Lemon OG I gotta do something with. And I've got several things still indoors I'll be bringing out very soon, the Serious 6s, there's 2-3 or those. And whatever doesn't fit in my SP 250 thread, I'll be finding outdoor space for!!!! And I've still got a couple grow bags and 5gal buckets I'll fill up. Ive ran outta Promix again and gotta grab more the next few days.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Field surface water is all going through my plot! Had to divert water with a ditch and pile soil in the garden. God told me to go to check on the plot, and I was going to stay home. The plants were having their roots choked out! Watch the fast growth this summer, self watering plot! Thank you God!

Notice the sativa candy spice plant with a turned leaf. Its waterlogged there where the water comes in the plot! I got out there just in time guys!

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice save!

PDX Dopesmoker

Awesome! Super stealth! How long before they get picked?

I like those experimental plots you did with the high density planting. The spacing there is a little too close though. I think it needs to be at least 10-12 inches to give them enough space to grow. Also makes it possible to work the soil properly before top dressing with fertilizer. That would be a lot of males! You never know until you try...

I have used this method forever. I started out years ago turning the soil in a little plot and scratching in a bag of seed with my fingertips. Then I started digging holes and planting 3-5 seeds directly in a little potting soil at the top of the hole. Then I started turning the entire plot and planting in a staggered, diagonal row pattern at 1-2 ft. Seems to work out perfect especially when males are culled. Never hurts to try. You can see they are pretty stretchy.

That would be a lot of males to sort through! Will you top dress those plots soon?

2015 Plot

View Image

Tychomonolyth "pipeline plots"

View Image

I think you might be able to go closer that 10 inches if you ever want to try, it would cost you about 10x as much seed for only a percentage bump in overall harvest per unit area, but various hemp growing guides with published experimental results say that maximum resin production per acre isn't reached until the seeds get much tighter than 10 inches. 3"-6" is closer to how tight it can get before you're hurting yourself as far as what I remember reading. At 3" spacing a plant that can root down a meter will have access to over a gallon of soil to itself, thats plenty of space for a pot plant to grow some nice bud in good conditions. Iowa farmers during the war era measured hemp rooting down past 6' deep and the high density plot that you posted the picture of sure does look damn healthy, doesn't it?
Those spacing results only apply to people with the kind of fantastic farmland where the dirt goes all the way down, but its kind of consistent with container growing. I can get pretty nice buds out of a half gallon container plant, but anything smaller is clearly suffering.

Heres some pictures of the two largest known remaining plants around town
This one is really starting to hit it's stride
Fl44EcS.jpg

Its in there somewhere
4zh7ewC.jpg

This one in the alleyway is bound to be noticed and removed soon.
0L1S8ZI.jpg

AKECyTp.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I'm going with more of a different approach this year. I'm still using Sevin 1/2 strength first. That's what I sprayed yesterday, And I'm gonna also use Trifecta Crop. Its supposed to be great for various spider mites and stuff. Also got some Greencure and yes I'll use Neem at some point, maybe early flowering. I know many are against Sevin, but I will use 1/2 strength in Veg. I hope rotating might keep the pests from getting immune to something. I had bugs indoor 1 time in 15yrs in the Midwest, it's a different level in the mtns. You gotta stay on top of them, and the snails!!!!

PlotPipeline looks very good, you'll probably be alright once you sort out the males. Then you'll have space for the fems to spread out. You probably can't really tell 100% what's males yet can you?

Oh yeah they will do well at this spacing! Just have to pinch the tall ones to help the canopy grow up evenly, that way they all get even sunshine! Males will start showing up soon. I saw the beginning of a preflower on one actually! Usually by Aug 1 I have them all out except the ones that are going to be used for pollination.

As long as you can cultivate around the plant with a hand trowel for top dressing, its probably far enough apart to have a good outcome! Hoping for mostly females! I usually have more females because I am able to take good care of them.

I got more garden tone, not going to use the plain chicken manure pellets because I want them to be well fed with the garden tone which covers all nutrient needs. I got the chicken pellets for the lawn through fall though! It works well! I just did an application. :smoke:

Working on finishing the pic update... :smoke:

Field surface water pouring through the ground into the plot

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I planted a Lemon OG Candy directly into the ground earlier. I grew a Purkle1 in that plot last yr and it faired ok. Ive still got 1 more of these Lemon OG I gotta do something with. And I've got several things still indoors I'll be bringing out very soon, the Serious 6s, there's 2-3 or those. And whatever doesn't fit in my SP 250 thread, I'll be finding outdoor space for!!!! And I've still got a couple grow bags and 5gal buckets I'll fill up. Ive ran outta Promix again and gotta grab more the next few days.

Right on, plant em up! Hope the rains keep up, and we don't have to haul water. A big heat wave is on the way, getting into the mid to upper 80's for a few days! Get the LED headlamps ready, if its rainy like this, we will be up late doing flower inspections in the dark again this fall. :smoke:
Where is the Lemon OG Candy from? Is it just a choice afghan lineage?

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you might be able to go closer that 10 inches if you ever want to try, it would cost you about 10x as much seed for only a percentage bump in overall harvest per unit area, but various hemp growing guides with published experimental results say that maximum resin production per acre isn't reached until the seeds get much tighter than 10 inches. 3"-6" is closer to how tight it can get before you're hurting yourself as far as what I remember reading. At 3" spacing a plant that can root down a meter will have access to over a gallon of soil to itself, thats plenty of space for a pot plant to grow some nice bud in good conditions. Iowa farmers during the war era measured hemp rooting down past 6' deep and the high density plot that you posted the picture of sure does look damn healthy, doesn't it?
Those spacing results only apply to people with the kind of fantastic farmland where the dirt goes all the way down, but its kind of consistent with container growing. I can get pretty nice buds out of a half gallon container plant, but anything smaller is clearly suffering.

Heres some pictures of the two largest known remaining plants around town
This one is really starting to hit it's stride
View Image
Its in there somewhere
View Image

This one in the alleyway is bound to be noticed and removed soon.
View Image
View Image

Wow, thats cool they can be planted 3-6 inches apart! They are pretty lanky at that spacing obviously. Just depends on what you're trying to grow.

So you're saying if I wanted to turn the whole plot into hash, I could plant a lot closer. I don't know if I could find all the males! Haha! Thats interesting though. As long as they don't mold I think I'm going to get a nice sea of green and maximize the productivity with the are I have. God bless America! :smoke:

The little urban guerilla plants are growing well! Must be getting plenty of sunshine! Who knows maybe you come back in the fall for a big harvest on some of them! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's really nice, I have a water feature to enjoy while I sit on the rock and watch the garden grow! :smoke:

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts