What's new

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
This is what I use on my outdoor plants. Little on the expensive side but works good.
Screenshot_20220907-021110-990.png

MrBreeze911

There are safe to use pesticides to kill them. Depending on how long they have left you could harvest early or soak them. Id personally defoliate as many fan leaves as possible then soak the plants in a safe pesticide.

Try any product with B.T (Bacillus Thuringiensis bacteria) They are safe/organic and will kill caterpillars/insects. They say you can spray until day of harvest for edibles but if you use it for cannabis you should probably budwash idk. Definitely nontoxic to humans though
I got some of that, but let's see how plucking and squishing goes first

cfl...KING

Veteran
I got some of that, but let's see how plucking and squishing goes first
Unfortunately for you to have caught multiple catapilers in pics on the outside of the buds/leaves, you already have probably 100 on that plant. You need to take immediate action. I deal with them every year it seems. This year has been my best so far an it's because I've been spraying every 7-14days, soaking every plant. My first year dealing with them I lost whole plants because I didn't take action when I first saw them.

HHILL

Things are moving along here in the Bay Area, a week or so later than I would have thought, but still flowering well.

Attachments

• 793E619F-9F79-4BBA-92FC-E75414B5EEDD.jpeg
    793E619F-9F79-4BBA-92FC-E75414B5EEDD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 66
  • B3D84C08-BFA3-4443-89D1-E5C8BF4CB0C5.jpeg
    B3D84C08-BFA3-4443-89D1-E5C8BF4CB0C5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 67

St. Phatty

A Male plant resting next to a water container. In the shade of a pine tree.

It's only got about 2 gallons of soil, in a 5 gallon pot, so it needs to be in the shade.

Giving my outdoor plants a limited pollination before the male plant gets fed to the animals.

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_173531_0+.jpg
    IMG_20190423_173531_0+.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20190423_173526_5+.jpg
    IMG_20190423_173526_5+.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 46

cfl...KING

Veteran
A Male plant resting next to a water container. In the shade of a pine tree.

It's only got about 2 gallons of soil, in a 5 gallon pot, so it needs to be in the shade.

Giving my outdoor plants a limited pollination before the male plant gets fed to the animals.
What strains you crossing?

St. Phatty

What strains you crossing?

Most of the labels got faded.

Elephant Stomper
Apollo 11
Romberry

Those were some of the parents of the seedlings I started.

So now mainly going on plant Vigor, and with the females, Smoke appeal.

Though a second male, I thought I didn't want to use as a pollinator, was completely stripped.

Thought it was dead and parked it in the "plastic pot recycling" part of the driveway.

Now all the nodes got green shoots !

That plus the fact that it's been in 100+ degree heat for a week ... it's hard not to be impressed by the second male plant, also.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
@MrBreeze911 , I'm sorry to say that plucking and squishing won't kill them all. If you want to pick them off, then try at first light and use a torch and you'll see them easily. They'll do serious damage and cause mould. If you still have 3 weeks to go, then use the BT. It works and one bite and the fucker's stop eating and starve and die. They say it's safe up until 2 weeks from harvest but you'll taste it and it tastes like shit. 3 weeks is ok though.
I use it every year

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Unfortunately for you to have caught multiple catapilers in pics on the outside of the buds/leaves, you already have probably 100 on that plant. You need to take immediate action. I deal with them every year it seems. This year has been my best so far an it's because I've been spraying every 7-14days, soaking every plant. My first year dealing with them I lost whole plants because I didn't take action when I first saw them.
First year they got me bad too, but now BT every couple of weeks. Excellant stuff.

40degsouth

Hey everyone,
MrBreeze911, BT is a bacteria the caterpillars ingest off the leaf, or bud and it kills them in about three days. It’s photo sensitive meaning, direct sunlight will kill it so one application is effective for around two weeks. The problem is not so much the caterpillar itself but it’s poo which becomes a vector for pathogens. BT is incorporated into serious growers Intergrated Pest Management strategies because it’s organic and in my opinion, is the best passive, proactive solution for any caterpillar problem. I spray an hour or two before sundown, so the plants have time to dry out and give them a good soaking particularly under the leaves.
The problem with pick and squash is that you will always miss some and the worst cat, in my opinion, is the bud rot caterpillar that comes out at night. The other problem with this technique is that you have to keep doing it because caterpillars will keep marching in and seem to be able to smell desirable plants from a long way off. BT can also be incorporated into foliar teas without harming the micro or macro -heard, in other words, it’s extremely target specific.
Other strategies for controlling caterpillars are hanging electric bug zappers around your garden, feeding birds around your plants, using other plants to distract caterpillars away from your plants like brassicas or amaranth, encouraging European wasps into the garden by setting up feeding stations in your plants and using parasitic wasps that can be bought or encouraged into the garden through biodiversity, that includes lots of flowers.
Hope this helps you out a bit,
Cheers,

MrBreeze911

Hey everyone,
MrBreeze911, BT is a bacteria the caterpillars ingest off the leaf, or bud and it kills them in about three days. It’s photo sensitive meaning, direct sunlight will kill it so one application is effective for around two weeks. The problem is not so much the caterpillar itself but it’s poo which becomes a vector for pathogens. BT is incorporated into serious growers Intergrated Pest Management strategies because it’s organic and in my opinion, is the best passive, proactive solution for any caterpillar problem. I spray an hour or two before sundown, so the plants have time to dry out and give them a good soaking particularly under the leaves.
The problem with pick and squash is that you will always miss some and the worst cat, in my opinion, is the bud rot caterpillar that comes out at night. The other problem with this technique is that you have to keep doing it because caterpillars will keep marching in and seem to be able to smell desirable plants from a long way off. BT can also be incorporated into foliar teas without harming the micro or macro -heard, in other words, it’s extremely target specific.
Other strategies for controlling caterpillars are hanging electric bug zappers around your garden, feeding birds around your plants, using other plants to distract caterpillars away from your plants like brassicas or amaranth, encouraging European wasps into the garden by setting up feeding stations in your plants and using parasitic wasps that can be bought or encouraged into the garden through biodiversity, that includes lots of flowers.
Hope this helps you out a bit,
Cheers,
Thank you buddy. I will continue working on biodiversity in the garden. I will spray tonight once it cools down before sunset. I have seen those wasps around my garden before if they are the ones who like tomato horrors. We feed lots of birds around here, but half of my garden is covered by a bird netting. I can't wait to smoke some good weed...:headbange:smokeit::smoke out:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I try to do thorough inspections weekly for mold, and that gives you a chance to see the frass, dead leaves, or actual caterpillars. I can usually remove them, but sometimes they hide away. The level of budworms overall is below my threshold. Not too big of a deal, just have to try to keep up on them.

Would be nice to see them gone though... Got me thinking now... :smoke:

iTarzan

Kill all the white butterflies you see. They are cabbage moths and similar moths. They lay the eggs that hatch into the caterpillars. I keep a homemade butterfly net on the porch. When I go check the garden or walk the dog I catch and kill everyone I can. They just keep coming though. I spray the vegetable garden with SEVEN and it does a good job. If you forget for 10 days or so your collard greens and broccoli leaves can become leaf skeletons almost overnight.
Netting to keep them off is the best protection. It is not always practical to net every plant.

MrBreeze911

Kill all the white butterflies you see. They are cabbage moths and similar moths. They lay the eggs that hatch into the caterpillars. I keep a homemade butterfly net on the porch. When I go check the garden or walk the dog I catch and kill everyone I can. They just keep coming though. I spray the vegetable garden with SEVEN and it does a good job. If you forget for 10 days or so your collard greens and broccoli leaves can become leaf skeletons almost overnight.
Netting to keep them off is the best protection. It is not always practical to net every plant.
It is always something, man. Just can't catch a break! Well, I sprayed the plants three times around just now. My pressurized sprayer pressure relief nozzle flew off in the dark and I had to find it in a bush without a flashlight. Then It was falling apart and spraying bacteria in my hair, but I think I sprayed those plants nice and good. I really hope this helps. Gardening is a lot of work!🐛

Old Piney

It is always something, man. Just can't catch a break! Well, I sprayed the plants three times around just now. My pressurized sprayer pressure relief nozzle flew off in the dark and I had to find it in a bush without a flashlight. Then It was falling apart and spraying bacteria in my hair, but I think I sprayed those plants nice and good. I really hope this helps. Gardening is a lot of work!🐛
The stuff for caterpillars and the like organic and worry free
1662609330428.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts