What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

therevverend

Veteran
It's May and there's still no outdoor thread? Probably time to start one!

EVERYBODY WHO'S GROWING OUTDOORS IN 2022 SHOULD POST PICTURES HERE! THE MORE THE BETTER!!

Here's a few random pics of my outdoor so far.

View media item 18461495 Durango OG x Pot of Gold Hashplant

View media item 18459129This one is a (Grape ape x Bubblegum) X Apricot Helix

View media item 18286254 Sensi Star x Puck BX3 bred by Crickets and Cicadas. Showing whorled phyllotaxy.

View media item 18284211 Tom Hill X18 Pakistani

Last edited:

dirty-joe

Yes it's May, and weather is great 20C right now, forecast looks great too.
I just now put mine outside for a little real sun, (cloudy) and to start hardening up. The night time temperatures as well are great for coming two weeks. This is my earliest start ever, and the weather cooperating nicely...Yeah.

Green Crack 21 days old today.
IMG_3216.JPG

The best one, 5 nodes, biggest branches.
IMG_3217.JPG

therevverend

Veteran
es it's May, and weather is great 20C right now, forecast looks great too.
I just now put mine outside for a little real sun, (cloudy) and to start hardening up. The night time temperatures as well are great for coming two weeks. This is my earliest start ever, and the weather cooperating nicely...Yeah.

Wow hose look great, chunky and stocky. Can't believe they're under a month old, especially the way they're starting to branch. Best way to harden plants off is when you have a couple overcast cool days. They'll make the switch easily. The worry is putting them out on a 20 degree C plus day in full sun.

I've noticed it's been a warm spring in the east. Wonderful weather. Out here it's been cold, especially since the middle of April. We had a nice dry stretch in early April which was nice for my babies. We've only had one day at 20 degrees C. We've had rain nearly every day and a couple of torrential downpours. Hail, sleet, rain, frost, sun, blustery wind. March came in like a lion and the lion is still here in May.

Here's some pics

IMG_20220419_150033_425.jpg

(Grape Ape x Bubblegum) X Apricot Helix. I grew out a grape ape bubblegum, gave it to my friend at the start of July. He hit it with Apricot Helix pollen. Very excited to see how this line turns out. This picture is at least a month old. Hopefully I'll load more pics and show the latest. Looks amazing and smells like grape wine.

IMG_20220404_184118_657.jpg

Albino Champawatti landrace from India. This one was weird. It didn't make it which isn't surprising but this is one of the only albinos I've seen.

dirty-joe

highoctaneruntz
Judging from the vegetation you are farther south than I am (at 45N).
Looks like a stinging nettle in the second picture, just above, and to the right of your plant.
Also just curious, a lot of those smaller "weeds" we call pig weeds (and I quite certain that is not scientific) what do you call them ?

Attachments

• ksnip220511-2113.jpg
    ksnip220511-2113.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 137

dirty-joe

Wow hose look great, chunky and stocky. Can't believe they're under a month old, especially the way they're starting to branch. Best way to harden plants off is when you have a couple overcast cool days. They'll make the switch easily. The worry is putting them out on a 20 degree C plus day in full sun.
Thanks Rev,
I just want you to know I am no full of shit, and that the plants shown are exactly 21 days old, I posted a picture of them in another thread on here, the day they came up (April 21),

Oh, and don't worry I only left them out for about 90 minutes today. Going 2-2.5 hours tomorrow, and so on.

Trying to sprout some older seed for seed, and getting a bunch of "weirdos" but never an albino yet. Thanks for posting that.

gumzgi

@dirty-joe It is a plot full of reeds that was burned in the spring by farmers, after which I dug some holes and just added manure, I saw that the kind of weed you are referring to grows on manure in general or where the soil is richer, thers alot of earthworms in this soil.

Reactions: X15

Swamp Thang

Veteran
With my clones now starting to reach that age when they yearn to see the great outdoors, I decided to post a couple of drone shots of my newly cleared garden spots down in the swamp. The eye in the sky is a good security measure that allows me to scope out my grow spots to be sure no bogeys are in the area.

Outdoors  1.jpg

Outdoors 2.jpg

Each of the above two spots has 16 holes packed with worm castings and all that I'll be adding this year will be a whole mackerel fish that will be buried just below the root zone of each plant. Seasonal rains are arriving more frequently now, and soon the riskiest part of the operation will need to be done - transporting the seedlings in dixie cups to the site, and slogging through the murk to get them to the spots without being seen.

Getting a new digital camera soon to take some pictures of the usual suspects before they get relocated outdoors. The lineup is mostly Ace Sativas - Zamaldelica, Malawi, and Golden Tiger, with some Ali Bongo's Super lemon Haze thrown in for good measure. Stay tuned fellow outdoorsmen, for more developments very soon.

Attachments

• Outdoors 2.jpg
    Outdoors 2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Outdoors  1.jpg
    Outdoors 1.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 151

dirty-joe

I decided to post a couple of drone shots //

Each of the above two spots has 16 holes packed with worm castings and all that I'll be adding this year will be a whole mackerel fish that will be buried just below the root zone of each plant.
Looks like your deep, deep in the "jungle".
I guess you know what you are doing, but I would be very wary of using a whole fish in your hole, I had digger problems once using just a fish emulsion, and vowed never to use it again. I steer clear of blood, and bone meal for same reasons when doing guerilla grows, it ok indoors.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
When I first used fish I was worried about crocs or monitor lizards digging my plants up, but they never made an appearance possibly because I buried the fish deep enough to quickly stop the escape of any tell-tale smells. I was also concerned that swarms of ants might excavate the area, but that didn't occur either.

The fish made a dramatic difference to the plants for sure. The leaves turned darker green within days of burying the fish, and the harvests were my best ever, so I knew I had to use the fish idea again. This is a remote area, but it never ceases to amaze me how often my trail cameras pick up hunters and trappers passing through.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Clone Mothers Zamal GT and Malawi.JPG

Amazingly I got a dead digital camera working today. The pictures are a bit over-exposed, but here they are nonetheless. Above is my jungle of mother plants that have been ruthlessly pruned to make clones. The only cloning method that works for me is just plunking cuttings in tap water, but I only get about a 30% success rate.
Clones 1.JPG

The dixie ups with the silver coverings are the cuttings already in worm castings that I gather for free in the forest, and the other cuttings on overturned blue dixie cups are still waiting to root

Clones 2.JPG

In another couple of weeks and about 16 of these clones of Ace Zamaldelica, Golden Tiger, and Malawi, will all be ready to go out under the 12/12 equatorial sun at the grow spot I just cleared down by the swamp. It will be interesting to see whether they go to flower since they are currently under 16/8 lighting, and if they do go to flower, I'm curious to see whether they will ultimately reveg and thus grow into monster trees.

hamstring

Veteran
With my clones now starting to reach that age when they yearn to see the great outdoors, I decided to post a couple of drone shots of my newly cleared garden spots down in the swamp. The eye in the sky is a good security measure that allows me to scope out my grow spots to be sure no bogeys are in the area.

View attachment 18710146

View attachment 18710147

Each of the above two spots has 16 holes packed with worm castings and all that I'll be adding this year will be a whole mackerel fish that will be buried just below the root zone of each plant. Seasonal rains are arriving more frequently now, and soon the riskiest part of the operation will need to be done - transporting the seedlings in dixie cups to the site, and slogging through the murk to get them to the spots without being seen.

Getting a new digital camera soon to take some pictures of the usual suspects before they get relocated outdoors. The lineup is mostly Ace Sativas - Zamaldelica, Malawi, and Golden Tiger, with some Ali Bongo's Super lemon Haze thrown in for good measure. Stay tuned fellow outdoorsmen, for more developments very soon. ≈
Looks like great spots with southern exposure. I'm cool with lizards or crocs but don't like snakes. I have a irrational fear of them. I love the drone shot, too cool! Must be a constant battle competing with the native vegetation.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Looks like great spots with southern exposure. I'm cool with lizards or crocs but don't like snakes. I have a irrational fear of them. I love the drone shot, too cool! Must be a constant battle competing with the native vegetation.
The vegetation does grow back really fast during the seasonal rains, so once the plants are in place, I take a pair of pruning shears to snip away just enough encroaching foliage to allow the sun in. That way the entire plot gradually blends with the thicket around it, making the site that much more difficult to see.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Yes it's May, and weather is great 20C right now, forecast looks great too.

View attachment 18677873
The best one, 5 nodes, biggest branches.
View attachment 18678158

Here, your daytime highs are my nighttime lows...
39° high in the shade today, and we'll top 40°C in the shade over the weekend....

Screenshot_2022_0519_162015.png

Ambient humidity between 15 and 30 %...
...But our best beaches and sand coves are still deserted, heh, heh...

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
At the moment, this is what I have....:

Flash Back #2 (Sweet Seeds):
15-Mayo-2022 :
FLASH BACK (Flo * White Widow)
La primera semilla que intenté este año no germinó.
La segunda, emergió hace un par de días del sustrato, pero no podía liberarse de la cáscara; tras ayudarla, luce muy saludable.

FLASH BACK (Flo * White Widow)
The first seed I tried this year did not germinate.
The second one, emerged a couple of days ago from the substrate, but could not free itself from the shell; after helping it, she looks very healthy.

View attachment 18711452

View attachment 18711458

King Congo (Tropical Seeds Company):
15-Mayo-2022 :
King Congo (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company).
Emergió ayer del sustrato, y hoy se ha liberado de la cáscara.

View attachment 18711289

View attachment 18711290

View attachment 18711288

King Congo (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei; Tropical Seeds Company).
Emerged yesterday from the substrate, and today was released from the shell.

Zamaldelica (A.C.E):