What's new

ANY UFC AND PRIDE FANS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Nut

I didnt realize you could give negative karma...sorry if i did. Great thread you have here, didnt mean to fuck up your karma.

time to get this thread back on track. again Mr Nut, sorry i jumped on ya man. its an honest mistake.

i just came across some news that the mma community might find very interesting. apparently Wanderlei Silva is moving down to middleweight. why is this significant? ill tell you. with a win or two we could see Wand fighting Anderson Silva for the title. talk about a big fight for "Spider"...

N707

This is awesome, I cannot wait for tonight! It is good to see that there are some others here that practice mma, it is one of the best things you can do to center yourself, physiologically and psycologically imo. The mixture of BJJ, boxing, sorts of Kempo, and other strike/kb methods make this sport and the UFC what it really is.

Evil, that is great news, wand is a beast. I love how he can come back and trounce guys after taking a beating. The mental block of losing ends alot of brilliant careers in this sport, so for guys that display such talent to comeback with more fury is awesome to say the least.

Im with Grant on the fact that Dana does tend to exaggerate the importance of certain events, but I'm sure he has alterior motives (most likely monentary) for it being so huge to his perception.
Though I think that the fact that Dana took the UFC from a flailing brawler style event, commercialized it, streamlined the ladder system, and coordinated efforts to completley restructure it into what it now is really is enough for me. There will always be "political" motivations on the owners part of any sport, and not even counting the presssures on Dana due to the size and meteoric rise of the UFC, he has still managed to bring it into a very positive drirect, this being regaurdless of the details such as contracts and it's relation to similar organizations. If you factor in the amount of change the UFC has undergon in both popularity and the perception given by the media, it is nearly impossible to say that he has mucked up. No one can be under the spotlight and please the majority forever, but they can at least hold it together and that is what he has done thuis far to say the very least. That is my take on him anyways, as he certainly comes under fire from many angles of the sport and surrounding ones.

B.Grant

Im with Grant on the fact that Dana does tend to exaggerate the importance of certain events, but I'm sure he has alterior motives (most likely monentary) for it being so huge to his perception.
Though I think that the fact that Dana took the UFC from a flailing brawler style event, commercialized it, streamlined the ladder system, and coordinated efforts to completley restructure it into what it now is really is enough for me. There will always be "political" motivations on the owners part of any sport, and not even counting the presssures on Dana due to the size and meteoric rise of the UFC, he has still managed to bring it into a very positive drirect, this being regaurdless of the details such as contracts and it's relation to similar organizations. If you factor in the amount of change the UFC has undergon in both popularity and the perception given by the media, it is nearly impossible to say that he has mucked up. No one can be under the spotlight and please the majority forever, but they can at least hold it together and that is what he has done thuis far to say the very least. That is my take on him anyways, as he certainly comes under fire from many angles of the sport and surrounding ones.

I agree Dana has done a tremendous job for the sport. And I don't want to blast him too much, I respect him, but damn Dana, don't let me down, yet man. Getting ready to jet out and check out the fights with my girl tonight with some friends from the Dojo. I'm sure we'll see some posts here later tonight. I'll see you all back here later for a report. Enjoy!

ksac

Dan Cramer def. Matt Arroyo by split decision
Jake O'Brien def. Christian Wellisch by split decision
John Howard def. Chris Wilson by split decision
Thiago Tavares def. Manny Gamburyan by unanimous decision
Jon Fitch def. Akihiro Gono by unanimous decision
Clay Guida def. Nate Diaz by split decision
Karo Parisyan def. Dong Hyun Kim by split decision
Jon Jones def. Stephan Bonnar by unanimous decision
Lyoto Machida def. Thiago Silva by first-round knockout
Georges St. Pierre def. B.J. Penn by fourth-round TKO

Look at all those decisions!

Congrats GSP!!! We know you trained hard you have earned this win. GSP showed amazing skills in that fight.

B.Grant

Absolute congratulations to GSP! Complete domination over a foul-mouthed, classless BJ Penn. You changed my entire opinion of you , BJ, before this fight, and you got the ass-kicking, beat-down that you deserved.

I thought the card was pretty good. I thought the Parisyan fight was a bad decision and I think the crowd agreed. The only surprise, at least for me, was the first round KO of Silva by Machida. I picked Machida, but I was thinking a later round submission, certainly not a first round knockout.

Again, congratulations to all of the fighters. May their health and wealth be forever in their control...

ksac

I'm sure a lot of BJ's trash talk had a lot to do with hyping the fight and trying to get the mental edge over GSP. BJ is still a great fighter with lots of talent.

What a terrible ppv. If the ufc wants people to continue to buy their fights they need to get more or use their more consistent refs. The first 3 fights on the ppv they let the guys hug and never really get aggressive. The refs need to urge the fighters to push the action! As a fan I hated hearing " hit him twice and wrap him up" this happened the whole 2nd and 3rd round of the jones fight. PUSH THE ACTION! I saw more action last weekend on the wec event that was free on vs. Even though the main event was ok last night I thought B.J. was going to come out for the 5th round, but it was probly a good idea to finish it being that GSP dominated in every aspect of the fight!

B.Grant

What a terrible ppv. If the ufc wants people to continue to buy their fights they need to get more or use their more consistent refs. The first 3 fights on the ppv they let the guys hug and never really get aggressive. The refs need to urge the fighters to push the action! As a fan I hated hearing " hit him twice and wrap him up" this happened the whole 2nd and 3rd round of the jones fight. PUSH THE ACTION! I saw more action last weekend on the wec event that was free on vs. Even though the main event was ok last night I thought B.J. was going to come out for the 5th round, but it was probly a good idea to finish it being that GSP dominated in every aspect of the fight!

I didn't think it was that bad...Diaz vs Guida kinda surprised me going the distance, but it is what it is.
Parisyan didn't win that fight.
Bonnar needs to hang it up. Jones needs to work on his cardio.
Machida vs Silva was a good fight.
Penn got exactly what his classless ass deserved (good fighter or not).
Bottom-line, UFC needs to step it up with not only their quality of fights, but also pay these fighters what they're worth. Dana's done a lot for the sport, but he's also certainly reaping the rewards, unlike most of the fighters.

Mr. Nut

I didn't think it was that bad...Diaz vs Guida kinda surprised me going the distance, but it is what it is.
Parisyan didn't win that fight.
Bonnar needs to hang it up. Jones needs to work on his cardio.
Machida vs Silva was a good fight.
Penn got exactly what his classless ass deserved (good fighter or not).
Bottom-line, UFC needs to step it up with not only their quality of fights, but also pay these fighters what they're worth. Dana's done a lot for the sport, but he's also certainly reaping the rewards, unlike most of the fighters.

Thank you! Im well versed in the payouts of the UFC, a teammate of mine has had a number of fights in the UFC. The first fight he made 8,000 to fight and 8,000 to win. The most Ive ever made was 3,000, but It wasnt a payper view fight and it was a smaller show. Considering the pay scale of any other sport these guys arent making shit! I admit Dana helped the sport with a fighter based reality show, but share the wealth. Start putting some money in front of these guys and maybe you'll see less decisions. The WEC pay scale is almost identical to the UFC and their not payper view. Do you know how much Jardine made when Wanderlei destroyed him? 12,000 lol Are you kidding me? I hate when a guy gets ahead in a fight and then milks out the last couple rounds, but you can hardly blame him when he's fighting for peanuts. Well thats my opinion...

B.Grant

Thank you! Im well versed in the payouts of the UFC, a teammate of mine has had a number of fights in the UFC. The first fight he made 8,000 to fight and 8,000 to win. The most Ive ever made was 3,000, but It wasnt a payper view fight and it was a smaller show. Considering the pay scale of any other sport these guys arent making shit! I admit Dana helped the sport with a fighter based reality show, but share the wealth. Start putting some money in front of these guys and maybe you'll see less decisions. The WEC pay scale is almost identical to the UFC and their not payper view. Do you know how much Jardine made when Wanderlei destroyed him? 12,000 lol Are you kidding me? I hate when a guy gets ahead in a fight and then milks out the last couple rounds, but you can hardly blame him when he's fighting for peanuts. Well thats my opinion...

I hear ya loud and clear. When you tell the layman $8000 to fight and $8000 to win they're like, "Well damn, that's $16000 if I win." Well yes, but let's say you fought once in that 6 months. So you trained for the 6 months, plus paid your trainers (if you had any), invested in your gear, diet, etc. you know the drill. Then your gym time, working out, away from your girl, your kids, your family...the sacrifice, etc. Bottom-line, IF you win and could take home all $16000 (which you can't) that's only a little over $650 a week. Trust me Dana wouldn't risk getting his mug mashed in for $650 a week!

N707

B.J. wasn't himselfg because he got knocked silly by several stiff jabs. Watch the fight real close and look at the chenge in his eyes after he eats afew in the first round....lol.
For the first time a guy wasn;t intimidated by BJ's rubber gaurd and just dove in there and mauled him. I donot normally sya this....but BJ deserved that beating. Anyone who runs thier mouth like that, especially about a guy as humble and sportsmanlike as GSP needs to be ruffed up and put in his place. Pen was so dazed by GSP's straight jabs that he had no chance. He really did dominate in that fight.
If GSP was not the kind person he is, I would not be suprised if he shed wieght to go down to 155ish and take BJ's belt.....that would be epic. I just youtube'd BJ and never realised just what kind of a person he was. He really is just plain disrespectfull and conieted.....that is too bad as he has alot of natural talent. What a waste. I'm So glad the GSP has the belt still, he really deserves it in many facets, he is truly an honorable champion that deserves that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.