What's new

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ganjygav

I could give a shit about 3D anymore. Just want my picture to pop. I went with the new Vizio 60" UHD M60-C3 model. Big hit with the family. Certainly pisses Samsung off the picture's that good for a $1000...

At that price it's a bargain, never heard of vizio before, gonna have a look and see if we can get it here in the UK and how much.
Me and the woman just have a 50inch Bush tv. You probably don't have that make where you live but it's a cheaper brand in the UK. Still cost me £320 for that.
I like Bush,like I said cheap but the brand is so reliable. We have a few Bush products,tv,cooker and microwave.
If I can't get it free, I want it cheap lol.
When I'm out shopping I get approached by sky and cable sales people and I love telling them that I don't need it because I watch nearly every tv channel and movie for free lol.

SocalNugz

I respectfully disagree...You can get everything you need for free. Dans Ganjigav had me download Mobdro. Google "Latest Mobdro apk" and download. It's it own app, and gives you a ridiculous amount of channels for free, and constantly updated.

Has anyone tried the new DNA tv? I'm seeing the first 4K UHD movies for kodi it seems. Difficult for my eyes to focus on it actually lol...:biggrin:

I wont disagree you absolutely can get everything for free if your happy with poor quality overloaded streams during peak hours, the mobdro app is great, i find i use exedus a lot these days. The dna tv app works well but again it gets overloaded a lot and the difinition is horrible on a 55"uhd
But for hd live tv and espcially big ppv events a private sub is the only way to roll.
Theyre absurdly cheap you will spend more takin yourself and ur kid to macdonalds for lunch. Less than 15 bucks
Then when you really wanna step it up a notch an have perfect full hd you look into sling sharing with a dedicated box on ur own server for a big pocket busting 30 bucks a month...lol
Thats what im setting up right now i will let you know how much of a step up it is.
Im on a quest for the best cleanest highest definition streams i can find.

Vizio is very low end, hit up a sony you wont be sorry they blow everything out of the water right now. I strait got my feelings hurt when i saw my samsung next to the new sony for the same price.

G

ganjygav

It turns out that anyone can add the gigio monte build on their kodi. I told someone about it and they put it on their kodi. Not sure how but if you Google it you will probably see for ya selfs.
I paid £25 for it lol. Check it out. He updates it to add stuff and remove stuff time to time. Awesome build and one of the best in my eyes

Meraxes

Veteran
I've seen good builds out there, but I got tired of having something not as I want on them. Lately I just use the Fusion build as a good platform to be able to customize it myself. Some builds preconfigure addons so they automatically play the movie you want in 720, but if you're able to look through lists yourself, usually you can find one in 1080...

Meraxes

Veteran
I set up a Real-Debrid account for SALTS, Exodus, and SpectoFork. It gives me a lot more links, but most RD ones dont seem to work. So that was almost pointless, although strength in numbers, right?...:biggrin:

G

ganjygav

First thing I did was watch all the movies I otherwise would of had to buy on PPV. Don't forget to stretch on the couch...:biggrin:

True that lol. I've not watched so much tv since I've had kodi on my firestick. I'm on 3 boxsets at the moment. I sit on my couch from 7pm just staring at the tv untill 1 am haha.

Ive not used it to watch a movie for a while. Infact I'm getting annoyed at how long it's taking for certain movies to appear in anything but cam copies.

I'm desperate to see star wars, hunger games part 2 and there's a few others. Might even have to go out and by dvds soon just so I can watch them

Meraxes

Veteran
True that lol. I've not watched so much tv since I've had kodi on my firestick. I'm on 3 boxsets at the moment. I sit on my couch from 7pm just staring at the tv untill 1 am haha.

Ive not used it to watch a movie for a while. Infact I'm getting annoyed at how long it's taking for certain movies to appear in anything but cam copies.

I'm desperate to see star wars, hunger games part 2 and there's a few others. Might even have to go out and by dvds soon just so I can watch them

Yep, it's the gods gift to stoners. I'm in the 3rd episode of House of Cards, which of course is the remake from our British friends, with Kevin Spacey. I refuse to watch blockbusters like Star Wars, HG Mockingbird 2, etc. not in 1080p. The boys and I are big alien/sci-fi nerds, so were waiting on a few this year. The first one coming is the 5th Wave(in theaters), and the new Independance Day which looks ridiculous if you've seen the preview. In slow times, I usually will research something like Rotten Tomatoes to find high rated movies that just aren't publicized as much. For example last night we watched "Sicario" with Benicio DelToro(Che)...great movie.

How did you sideload Kodi onto Firestick? I was wondering if you had to get ES File Explorer first..., or is it just available on there in google play?

G

ganjygav

Yep, it's the gods gift to stoners. I'm in the 3rd episode of House of Cards, which of course is the remake from our British friends, with Kevin Spacey. I refuse to watch blockbusters like Star Wars, HG Mockingbird 2, etc. not in 1080p. The boys and I are big alien/sci-fi nerds, so were waiting on a few this year. The first one coming is the 5th Wave(in theaters), and the new Independance Day which looks ridiculous if you've seen the preview. In slow times, I usually will research something like Rotten Tomatoes to find high rated movies that just aren't publicized as much. For example last night we watched "Sicario" with Benicio DelToro(Che)...great movie.

How did you sideload Kodi onto Firestick? I was wondering if you had to get ES File Explorer first..., or is it just available on there in google play?

Yeah I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to sci-fi films. I can't wait either for id2. It does look awesome.
I had kodi put on my stick for me and yeah he side loaded it with es file explora.
He came to my house to do it. 10 mins and I was up and running. He connected the es exploration thingy to his phone and uploaded it from there.

Meraxes

Veteran

Mockingjay 2 just came on today Gav....also Daddy's Home(Will Ferrell, Mark Walberg)

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got my fire stick and made it to the point where I click on arm android and nothing is happening:dunno:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I guess the slide show is a type of screen saver cause when I push th center button it came back to the kodi screen. Did I fuck up some how?

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So easy even a red neck biker can do it :dance013:
That video posted is out of date lol. I have v16.0

Meraxes

Veteran
I think I got it working now. Just gotta finish

If you made it to the Kodi home menu, I listed some instructions and source url's to add to your file manager a couple pages back in the thread, to give you all the good addons. Run the Fusion wizard.

Meraxes

Veteran
Here's my post...

Here's my post...

Basically you buy your box/device 2) Plug in your HDMI(or if you have a stick, pop it in your hdtv)3) set up your wifi on it/ethernet. 4)In the browser go to kodi.com or the google play store and download the latest stable Kodi for whatever device you have(right now its 16.0 Jarvis). 5)Open up your Kodi, and go to Settings-file manager---add source--type in http://fusion.tvaddons.ag , on the bottom name it "Fusion" click ok. 6) Go back out to Settings---then Addons---then install from zip--click on your Fusion---its should give you choices, and since its your first time click on the HubWizard---it should say loaded on the bottom. 7) Go back to Settings---Addons---Programs---you should see the Configuration wizard--click install. This wizard will give you all the major/reliably updated addons..

Once you're done playing around and testing, go back to Settings---file manager and add http://srp.nu , name it Superrepo---ok---back to settings---addons---install from zip---superrepo---click category video. I like this because superrepo has almost everything---back to settings--addons---install from repository---superrepo video...and start loading the addons you want. Here are some I think are great...

For news: BBTS...has every news channel in multiples, always reliably working. Msnbc, CNN, Fox News(I think, if youre into that), you can go back out to documentary: Discovery History, Science, bunch others...

Israellive: great working live tv channels
PakIndialive: same
Dexter: need to sign up, works ok
USTV now: this is a pay live tv service, run out of Pennsylvania, for the military, completely legal
any others just throw em up....but the wizard will give you all the best free movies like Exodus and SALTS, which are like Netflix on steroids...

Sportdevil: This will give you all the live sports/sports channels for free. No more paying for UFC fights. You need to download the latest zip tho from the Tvaddons website or you can just google "Latest Sportdevil zip" in your browser, you'll find it. Once downloaded---go to Settings---Addons---Install from zip---click on your storage--click downloads---click on sportdevil's latest zip(right now dated Feb 1st I believe)...
Edit: the latest Sportsdevil is now 3/6/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts