What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocalNugz

Guys go check out the mental acts group on facebook. Its such a sick build very refined an fuctions perfectly.
Nothing to add but a sub from a provider or search oit your own playlists if thats how ya roll.
Plus its totally free and has great support
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Thats it, Im getting one of these boxes this weekend. That or a computer. That build does look nice. I think Ill get a HD antenna too for some local stuff.

G

ganjygav

Yeah lots of great builds out there, I've had 3 separate builds since I got my firestick.
All have pretty much the same stuff on them just laid out different.
All ya gotta do is find one you get on with and roll with it.
The build I use is off Facebook as well. Good thing about it is these people with Facebook page's tend to keep it all running smoothly. If one of my main screen addons die the matey removes it and replaces. He then tells you if there's an update on his page and you download it by clicking the update tab on the main screen.

I do watch the odd movie when they get 1080p releases but I find it a hassle to know when the hd versions are released.
I can't watch these cams or telesyncs,it just ruins good films to watch it like that.

I mainly just watch tv show box sets until I hear there's good films in hd.
So if anyone here spots that a movie has been updated to hd let us all know please.

Meraxes

Veteran
You can kill your Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime also because all those shows are on there...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to install mucky but I gues I screwed it up cause the file didn't show up in zip. Think I may need to wipe the fire stick clean and start over.

G

ganjygav

Yeah I'm watching narcos off Netflix on kodi at the moment. Screw Netflix and chill, it's kodi and chill!

Meraxes

Veteran
I tried to install mucky but I gues I screwed it up cause the file didn't show up in zip. Think I may need to wipe the fire stick clean and start over.

No dont do that...make sure youre putting the whole url including the "http://". Then name it muckys, back out to settings--addons--install from zip--click on muckys--click on the repo. Remember you can also get mucky's addons off the Superrepo...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried twice with no luck. I'll fuck with it again tonight. The whole thing is still confusing to me

G

ganjygav

yeah I finished that a couple months back. Good series...stinks having to wait a whole year for a new season..

Oh I know, that's why I normally pick boxsets with a good number of seasons.
I binge watch them lol.

Skunky McNugget

No way. Skystream are a total ripoff. You overpaid for fancy looking m8 that should be $50. You could of just gotten a firestick that does the same like Gangygav for like 50-60. $150? You got F'd in the A my friend.
Some people aren't good at all the techie stuff and can afford the money. It's all set up and ready to roll so no not a ripoff, they just did the work for me. It has already paid for itself, so no I didnt get it in the ass or ever will you techie snob!!!!

Meraxes

Veteran
Some people aren't good at all the techie stuff and can afford the money. It's all set up and ready to roll so no not a ripoff, they just did the work for me. It has already paid for itself, so no I didnt get it in the ass or ever will you techie snob!!!!

No, I apologize for using those words. However, if you buy a fully loaded device, you are contributing to the downfall of Kodi itself. The developer's insistantly state not to buy them. These fully loaded boxes on Amazon and Ebay are feeding the piracy hawks, Whereas, if you just buy a fresh device, its just a matter of putting your sources into the file manager. You Tube is a great place to watch others play with it, to make you more comfortable. I"m not a developer, and I don't work for Kodi or anything, but I've had it for a couple years, love it, it's fun to talk about, and thought I would try to save some folks $. Sorry Dude, it was a little judgemental, and if anybody has questions dont hesitate to ask...:tiphat:

KONY

Veteran
Good stuff. Had never heard of this until I saw this thread a few months ago, then I saw it again the other day and figured id give it a try... as my computer is connected to the tv directly with hdmi...

Started out with the exodus addon. It's awesome, now I just need something for live streams of tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.