What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meraxes

Veteran
Keep in mind I have experience with different types of android. Ganjigav has the fire stick, and may have it on windows I forget. My Nvidia Shield was just updated to Android marshmellow yesterday, so no more lollipop..... Lol, I realized what that must of just sounded like to Dans...:biggrin:

G

ganjygav

Keep in mind I have experience with different types of android. Ganjigav has the fire stick, and may have it on windows I forget. My Nvidia Shield was just updated to Android marshmellow yesterday, so no more lollipop..... Lol, I realized what that must of just sounded like to Dans...:biggrin:

Yeah I'm just basically using all android device's, mobile phones and tablets plus the firesticks.
Whatever device he gets it will be cool.
There will always be someone who can help and there's plenty of vids on YouTube.... For now anyway
The only reason I suggest firestick is because it's the cheapest option really.

Meraxes

Veteran
Yeah I'm just basically using all android device's, mobile phones and tablets plus the firesticks.
Whatever device he gets it will be cool.
There will always be someone who can help and there's plenty of vids on YouTube.... For now anyway
The only reason I suggest firestick is because it's the cheapest option really.

Well Dans is having trouble with Windows. Personally I've never done it on windows. I gave him the fusion url, he put it in, went back to install from zip, and nothing came up he says. So told him to try the superrepo url, pop that in there, and see if that works... and then if that doesnt work to uninstall/reinstall try again. Is there something I'm missing here for windows?

G

ganjygav

Nah not that I've noticed. Some smart filters on some isps block stuff from working but you just gotta turn it off on the router settings

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got the Kodi & superrepo installed , picked the catagorys of superrepo i wanted . couldn't get the fusion , tried half a dozen times ......

so now what ? lol

Meraxes

Veteran
got the Kodi & superrepo installed , picked the catagorys of superrepo i wanted . couldn't get the fusion , tried half a dozen times ......

so now what ? lol

Well thats fukn odd...go ahead and install 9movies, 123movies, exodus(if its on there yet I can't remember), SALTS(Stream all the Sources), BBTS for news, Icefilms(see if the metadata installs), metadata is your movie picture, description, and possibly so you can watch the trailor for it from youtube. Israellive another great live tv addon, and go ahead and google the sportsdevil latest zip, download, and then go to Settings---install from zip---your storage---downloads---latest version should be Feb 1st I think

Meraxes

Veteran
Sportsdevil doesnt have a repo, its usually updated appx once a month...so if you want to see that Magregor fight for free you need it

Meraxes

Veteran
and seasons over but you should install prosports...this gives you all NFL, NHL, NBA games in HD scraping from Reddit

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm glad you guys think this is easy !! :wallbash:

got fusion & superrepo loaded , now to figure out how to use them . its not exactly user friendly to morons like me !!!

need to find stuff like cable channels , local channels ,news ,weather etc ..... found some stuff , but having a hard time finding the basics .
not really into sports , so thats no biggie .

Meraxes

Veteran

got fusion & superrepo loaded , now to figure out how to use them . its not exactly user friendly to morons like me !!!

need to find stuff like cable channels , local channels ,news ,weather etc ..... found some stuff , but having a hard time finding the basics .

How'd you make out? Install Entertainment Hub and Pheonix also. Check out Valhalla on Pheonix. For local channels you may want rabbit ears or something. For news and live tv: BBTS, Israellive, Sportsdevil, PakIndialive, castaway, DNA tv

Meraxes

Veteran
There's a good Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping link in AtheNet on sportsdevil for anyone into it, started at 12:45 ET because its in London...

Bmac1

Veteran
I think I am going to take the plunge this weekend. I am eyeing a used Zotac mini PC to use instead of a pre loaded streaming box. I feel this is a better option but I know it will take some set up on my part. Plus I like the dual functionality of being able to use it as a PC and just hook it up to the TV as well.

SocalNugz

Dans in interest of makin your life easy hit me up in a pm i will send you a referal for a private group, costs 13 bucks a month but you get everything your wanting and its stable comes with its own custom kodi build is super easy to set up with the video and the service is top notch, it dont go down, my picture is usually 720p and if you need help the support is pretty much instant everyone helps when someone has an issue.
Plus the build they supply already has all your addons installed for you so no searching repos or any of that.
Makes life MUCH MUCH easier.

G

ganjygav

Dans in interest of makin your life easy hit me up in a pm i will send you a referal for a private group, costs 13 bucks a month but you get everything your wanting and its stable comes with its own custom kodi build is super easy to set up with the video and the service is top notch, it dont go down, my picture is usually 720p and if you need help the support is pretty much instant everyone helps when someone has an issue.
Plus the build they supply already has all your addons installed for you so no searching repos or any of that.

That's all I did but I paid a one off charge of £25 to have the gigio monte build. Everything is in neat little sections. All works perfectly and the guy releases updates to remove and replace dead links.
He lets you know if there's an update on his Facebook group, and you just click the update tab on main screen.
He also puts on mobdro which I'm finding I use a lot.

I'm not clever enough nor could I be arsed to arrange it all neat like it is. I prefer to pay someone else lol.

Meraxes

Veteran

I respectfully disagree...You can get everything you need for free. Dans Ganjigav had me download Mobdro. Google "Latest Mobdro apk" and download. It's it own app, and gives you a ridiculous amount of channels for free, and constantly updated.

Has anyone tried the new DNA tv? I'm seeing the first 4K UHD movies for kodi it seems. Difficult for my eyes to focus on it actually lol...:biggrin:

G

ganjygav

I respectfully disagree...You can get everything you need for free. Dans Ganjigav had me download Mobdro. Google "Latest Mobdro apk" and download. It's it own app, and gives you a ridiculous amount of channels for free, and constantly updated.

Has anyone tried the new DNA tv? I'm seeing the first 4K UHD movies for kodi it seems. Difficult for my eyes to focus on it actually lol...:biggrin:

Yeah mobdro is pretty good. It works when all else fails.
My tv can't handle that new 4k stuff. Only 1080 so I will be needing new tv soon.
Bloody technology,why can't it slow down.

Meraxes

Veteran
Yeah mobdro is pretty good. It works when all else fails.
My tv can't handle that new 4k stuff. Only 1080 so I will be needing new tv soon.
Bloody technology,why can't it slow down.

yeah my news links at BBTS went down for a bit...all good on Mobdro tho

Meraxes

Veteran
I could give a shit about 3D anymore. Just want my picture to pop. I went with the new Vizio 60" UHD M60-C3 model. Big hit with the family. Certainly pisses Samsung off the picture's that good for a $1000...

Status
Not open for further replies.