What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do I make a tincture? Just add alcohol to the coconut oil infusion? Would love to have a sublingual. Does the capsule oil work as a sublingual too I guess, but you could add alcohol to liquify.

My CBD oil ingredients are simply MCT Coconut oil, hemp extract, and cane sugar alcohol.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"OO" Size
Bag of 100 / $2.65
Bag of 500 / $7.84
Bag of 1000 / $14.40

Capsule connection is similar, a little bit cheaper. Ordering some . Thanks!

Will see how the sunflower powder lechethin works. May have to switch to make it more effective with less work.

BrassNwood

Veteran
How do I make a tincture? Just add alcohol to the coconut oil infusion? Would love to have a sublingual. Does the capsule oil work as a sublingual too I guess, but you could add alcohol to liquify.

My CBD oil ingredients are simply MCT Coconut oil, hemp extract, and cane sugar alcohol.
Tincture by strict definition is a drug suspended in Alcohol. I find it works best this way. I don't get anything from letting the capsules melt in my mouth besides an interesting and loved taste.

For real effects felt in a couple of minutes it needs to be the fast ability of high proof alcohol to enter the blood stream. I make mini shooters of Hash and 190 proof and toss them into a "Wet" mouth I've taken a tiny sip of something first to temper and tone down the 190 proof into more like the 80-proof range where it doesn't burn the tender lining of my mouth.

This hits nearly as fast as inhalation.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240330_173117977.jpg

Rained all night then changed to snow about 09:30. I almost waited too long to get the car out. Struggled the last 10 feet after her wheels hit the asphalt.

With my upcoming appointment on Friday, we can't chance being snowed in.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Considered doing the capsule coconut infusiin today but running out of time and its Easter weekend and everyone is out. So the decarboxylization will smell but does cooking with coconut oil smell? Would I be alright on a windy day with a fire? May just do it when its raining monday. Need to relax.

I will do the step of cooking for 20 minutes and freeze before cooking again for 20 min at 220F. How long does it need to freeze?

Warm here hope you are able to get to your appointment. March is crazy! Snow shouldn't last too long since its spring, but could last a couple days I guess.

I thought you have outdoor plants? How are they doing in 6 inches of snow??? :smoke:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Considered doing the capsule coconut infusiin today but running out of time and its Easter weekend and everyone is out. So the decarboxylization will smell but does cooking with coconut oil smell? Would I be alright on a windy day with a fire? May just do it when its raining monday. Need to relax.

I will do the step of cooking for 20 minutes and freeze before cooking again for 20 min at 220F. How long does it need to freeze?

Warm here hope you are able to get to your appointment. March is crazy! Snow shouldn't last too long since its spring, but could last a couple days I guess.

I thought you have outdoor plants? How are they doing in 6 inches of snow??? :smoke:

The decarb is what stinks the most. Infusing still smells but a fraction of decarbed. Capsule filling smells least of all and I can do that in the house with not more than a glare from her majesty.

I'm only working 45 ml of oil and it's a metal dish, so the freeze takes very little time at all. 20 minutes while the next dish is cooking. Overnight if it's the end of the day and I'll finish later. Cover with plastic wrap to keep any possible frost from forming if leaving more than 24 hours.

The car won't climb the drive with snow on it so I moved it out onto the main road when it was just a dusting. We'll have to lug the food and some odds and ends and trek out to the car when we leave.

I live a vagabond lifestyle with a few days here and a few over there. Snow is a rare enough sight in southern California, so we try and not miss the chance to experience it. Although after last year I've had more than my share of it. This winter was 95% rain.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool, so it just has to all freeze then you can proceed. Sounds good. Thats what I figured.

Using a glass dish so will freeze a little slower, but good go hear its quick, so it can be done in short period of time.

Don't have a "your majesty" anymore so the coast is clear. Should be able to manage if nobody is outside during rainy afternoon. Screw it, its my medicine. I can't keep waiting. My dog need it too. Can't wait to get my dose dialed in.

I do like to smoke for the aroma, terpene therapy, so I will keep it low dose. This will be a much better product than the FDA has allowed Dronabonol.

Marinol oral capsulesSyndros oral solution
• 2.5 mg
• 5 mg
• 10 mg

Swamp Thang

Veteran
The decarb is what stinks the most. Infusing still smells but a fraction of decarbed. Capsule filling smells least of all and I can do that in the house with not more than a glare from her majesty.

I'm only working 45 ml of oil and it's a metal dish, so the freeze takes very little time at all. 20 minutes while the next dish is cooking. Overnight if it's the end of the day and I'll finish later. Cover with plastic wrap to keep any possible frost from forming if leaving more than 24 hours.

The car won't climb the drive with snow on it so I moved it out onto the main road when it was just a dusting. We'll have to lug the food and some odds and ends and trek out to the car when we leave.

I live a vagabond lifestyle with a few days here and a few over there. Snow is a rare enough sight in southern California, so we try and not miss the chance to experience it. Although after last year I've had more than my share of it. This winter was 95% rain.

This is completely off-topic but when I read this bolded sentence above, one of my all-time favorite Merle Haggard classic tunes sprang to mind. Here are his two sons playing this timeless tune. Certified genuine chips off the old block.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Going to just wait until the fern lecithin comes in since it will help it be more homoginized which will allow dose to be more accurate.

Also have 4000 capsules on the way. Will last a while i guess.

How late in the day do you take the capsules? If i take a small one in the morining, should I take another in the afternoon or would it be best to just keep it on once a day in the morning for oral doses? I could medicate with a few tokes of course in the afternoon.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Going to just wait until the fern lecithin comes in since it will help it be more homoginized which will allow dose to be more accurate.

Also have 4000 capsules on the way. Will last a while i guess.

How late in the day do you take the capsules? If i take a small one in the morining, should I take another in the afternoon or would it be best to just keep it on once a day in the morning for oral doses? I could medicate with a few tokes of course in the afternoon.

That you'll get to figure out on your own as it's very much a personal preference. I find Kat's oil to be speedy and will keep me awake half the night if taken to late in the day.

BrassNwood

Veteran

Met with Dr. Han today and I'm set for surgery asap. They'll be contacting me next week for a date. End of the month is the projected time frame. A two-stage job with the upper portion of my descending done first. A month wait to see how it settles into place then another round to place a TAMBE (thiraco abdominal multi branched endo-prothesis) in the abdominal one. This device was only approved for general use in Jan whereas before they constructed it from off the shelf bits on the table before inserting it.

With over 500 operations performed and 4 that suffered some form of spinal damage resulting in impaired leg function or full paralysis I like the odds. The long stent does block many spinal feeders but generally if done in 2 stages the body adapts given time.

While I'd rather not have things shoved into my body the alternative is less appealing (death) so I'll choose the lesser of evils.

mike-or-ozzy

Met with Dr. Han today and I'm set for surgery asap. They'll be contacting me next week for a date. End of the month is the projected time frame. A two-stage job with the upper portion of my descending done first. A month wait to see how it settles into place then another round to place a TAMBE (thiraco abdominal multi branched endo-prothesis) in the abdominal one. This device was only approved for general use in Jan whereas before they constructed it from off the shelf bits on the table before inserting it.

With over 500 operations performed and 4 that suffered some form of spinal damage resulting in impaired leg function or full paralysis I like the odds. The long stent does block many spinal feeders but generally if done in 2 stages the body adapts given time.

While I'd rather not have things shoved into my body the alternative is less appealing (death) so I'll choose the lesser of evils.

Good vibes @BrassNwood, You got this, its amazing what they do these days.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to hear you have a good option to get it taken care of the right way. Love it when that happens. Get in right at the beginning of a great development in medicine. God is keeping you here, keep your head up. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for letting us know.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you ever try the liquid sunflower lecithen? Wondering how it would do compared to the liquid soy lecithin? I didn't realize the sunflower came in liquid, I thought it was just powder.

Shipment didn't come in and it may be 2-3 more days before it gets here. Argh! I was wanting to try to do it this weekend. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. :smoke:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Did you ever try the liquid sunflower lecithen? Wondering how it would do compared to the liquid soy lecithin? I didn't realize the sunflower came in liquid, I thought it was just powder.

Shipment didn't come in and it may be 2-3 more days before it gets here. Argh! I was wanting to try to do it this weekend. Maybe it will show up tomorrow. :smoke:
Don't mean to butt in but I use the sunflower liquid all the time. Love it.

This is what I use...

Both bases, Soy and sunflower come in all 3 major forms, liquid, granules and powder. Choice is strictly a personal thing. Soy gets a bad reputation as it can be both GMO sourced and possible hormonal issues. With the tiny amounts the Kat recipe calls for I don't have a problem with soy.

Thanks for dropping in Ringodoggie. You are welcome to butt in anytime.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks, will be trying them both and see what I like. If the soy liquid lecithin doesn't come in this weekend, I'm going to prepare a 1 gram kief into capsules using the sunflower lecithin powder. It will take more stirring, but should work.

How do I know when I've stirred it enough? Does it just look more consistent and blended?

Glad you are able to get the old body fixed up and running again, life is good, God is good! :smoke:

Latest posts

Latest posts