What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Time to get the thread opened.

20230707_154455.jpg

Yard plants on the 8th.
Lamps are on 24-0 as I run all my veg stage plants. Lights will go off on Aug 1st.
1689729384325.png

Clones taken on the 6th.
Koda, Gor, CM, Jack, Chunk.
A month sooner than I usually take but with things still off schedule I'm overlapping more than I used to.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those are really growing with a little extra light. Will be some big trees by the end of the season! Any favorites or anything stand out? Is that Deep Chunk? Is that Jacks cleaner?

Timj

Looking good BNW. It's like opening a box of chocolates when visiting your thread. Ya never know what your going to see or hear. I'll be following along for sure.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Those are really growing with a little extra light. Will be some big trees by the end of the season! Any favorites or anything stand out? Is that Deep Chunk? Is that Jacks cleaner?
Yepp I've used Axillary lighting for years now. Southern California so no frost and I get to grow outside 365 days a year.

Aug 1st =Take clones / plant seeds
Oct 15th = Harvest, set out veg plants in harvested holes, Take clones from veg plants
Jan 1st = Same
March 15th= Same
June 1st = Harvest, set out veg plants for summer.

This gets me 4 harvests per year out of the same patch of flowering ground.
The strains are clone gifts and I'll have to dig back a year in another thread and see if I can find the full names of them.

theBeaver

Nice to see you on here Brass. I have a question for you. I believe you use Boveda packs to control humidity in your curing jars. I recently bought a few 67 gram 62% packs. They have a liquid inside. I remember them having more of a silica desiccant texture. Have you run into this?

Boob McNoob

Brass is intuitive and empathetic enough to understand I'm not referring to him - I'm actually paying homage while pointing the finger at myself as my own worst enemy.
He has been my most consistent cheerleader/psychoanalyst offering encouragement while resisting the temptation to say told you so while I never seem to learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Nice to see you on here Brass. I have a question for you. I believe you use Boveda packs to control humidity in your curing jars. I recently bought a few 67 gram 62% packs. They have a liquid inside. I remember them having more of a silica desiccant texture. Have you run into this?
My big Boveda packs are reaching 10 years old and are still as "sloshy" as ever.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Do you ever need to "recharge" them? Seems like I saw something about that you-tube.
I never have had one dry out to where it needed recharged. They all still feel about like they did when I got them. I do collect and toss them into a single jar as I use up the contents. I figure it balances them before I harvest again and drop them in a jar of weed again.

My dry is so spot on that once the jar is filled I just put it aways as it never needs that pesky burping.

BrassNwood

Veteran
20230720_170720.jpg

Taller than the lights now with 10 more days to veg.

20230720_170753.jpg

Lost a mess of the clones to rot. Summer is always tough and doing the tops might not have been the best idea. I usually use lower, stiffer material and I fear it is more resistant to softening and the rot before rooting I'm seeing. I've got a few rooted but not near enough. If this set fails, I can take another group in 10 to 15 days before flowering starts.

BrassNwood

Veteran
20230721_092442.jpg

These last 2 days at the most.

20230721_152829.jpg

This little spot doesn't get enough light and has flowered on an otherwise full veg stage plant. Nine more days to lights out and we let them flower. About 6 tablespoons of Ammonium Sulfate in 5 gallons of water spread among the plants should green things up a spot before the demands of flower.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran

Took some digging but I found them. :)
CM = Cereal Milk
Gor = Gorgon - Dosido F2 x Purple Punch
Koda = Koda Kush - DarkHeart farms
Chunk = Chunk Loves Sloth
Jack = Jack Wreck

BrassNwood

Veteran
20230722_132359.jpg

Of the full tray top side clones taken on the 6th this is all that passed the tug test

20230722_132418.jpg

9 pack after 9 failed with the cuts falling out and mushy.

20230722_171214.jpg

So, I got to snipping and took enough to fill up most of my tags again. Low on the plant this time where I normally take from. Did the full monte with no shortcuts. PH the water, add a touch of food to it. Scrape the stem and expose the white, dip in cloning gel, pack stem to cube with wool scraps.

20230722_173250.jpg

4 more pack of 9 in the back with the ones that passed the tug test up front. Only one shows actual roots outside the cube. Really disappointing. Not the worst failure but up there in the top 3, I think.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
20230723_174125.jpg

After a nice deep watering everybody got a hit of ammonium sulfate. This helps combat my endless use of high PH city tap water. Sulfur dust wasn't getting the job done and the plant were looking worse with every passing cycle. Hit them a little too hard last summer (really green) so I'm not as aggressive this set but they could use a bit more from the color seeing as flowering is almost here.