What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18896708

10 liters of recovered alcohol, 4 gallons of bud scraps. 1 industrial grade potato ricer.

View attachment 18896709

Fill the Jar, Add the booze, shake 5 seconds, press out, repeat.

View attachment 18896710

4 of the 6 I started with.

View attachment 18896711

Not bad but more to do, another 3 gallons awaits besides this.

View attachment 18896712

The wet weed has 2 bottles (1.75 ltr each) trapped in this that I'll recover later when the pot still is up and running.

View attachment 18896713

Cleaned up the seedlings. New faces looking up at me. Forest Gump first to break ground.
Was it worth the effort to do an alcohol extract of the bud waste from making dry-ice kief with the the Hashmaster 5000?

Do you always do that, or just when you can?

I would imagine the dry ice would help do a pretty thorough extract from the flower. I guess if you cut it short at 60 seconds, may have some potency left. Not a bad idea.

How do you refine the alcohol extract. Thats what @maryjaneismyfre was talking about doing.
The mushrooms are much more effective extracted into a tea or the like than in the raw form. the stomach only can extract so much from the dense dry mushroom cellulose matrix. Extracts if one doesnt have the mushrooms and time and skills to make teas or extracts work well. Look for "dual extracts" combining both alcohol and water extracts to get all the active ingredients out. If making teas, include herbs like oregano and thyme and rosemary as they greatly improve the flavour, I use rooibos tea too and include lemon juice or vitamin C for the anti oxidant effect to protect actives in the brew. One can get two effective brews out of the dried and sliced mushrooms. Extracts one can just add to a cup of tea or coffee etc. 5g or equiv of reishi is plenty for a daily dose.

I didnt use CBD but do full spectrum extracts of keif and trim, and popcorn buds. Fill gallon jars with dry material and pour cold fridge or freezer temps ethanol to fill and close jars and shake a 100 times or for 60 seconds, put a sieve over the top and quickly pour out the ethanol into a big barrel..I'd do a few jars at a time. I'd repeat this 3 times till it was starting to come off green. By experience I'd pulled off most actives at this point. I'd distill off the alcohol or just boil it off on a double boil, till down to a litre or two and put that into jars and into the freezer to winterize it and then filter out the fats that crud out after a day or two in there, then put the concentrated alcohol back onto the double boil to get it till almost all ethanol off and it starts really thickening up, then add whole lot distilled water and that grab a bunch of chlorophyll gunk..I'd add enough water so the tiny amount of alcohol left gets its resin forced out of it and let cool till cold and pour off the dirty water..its a careful balance that as one doesnt want to loose resin in the water alcohol mixture..but after repeat once twice stripping alcohol traces out the resin more then double boil the resin for a while in a thin film in bottom of a pot till no more bubbling, its pretty much decarbed at that point and dark but pretty clean, most terps broken down or driven off by the process but it makes darn good medical oil..used to give it away by the litre back in the day to cancer patients and all...It all depends on your skills and what gear you got and how much weed you have to play with..

One can make much cleaner oil, much more efficiently, but it would require more gear, more risk etc...I wouldnt make it that way anymore but if I had no gear and needed some oil, that would be the ticket. You can just use the coconut oil as the solvent and repeatedly extract into it till its saturated, but you also have no way of quantifying how much within some reasonable accuracy how much is in there...but at same time for topical coconut oil for something like this, it probably would make no difference, its not like chemo thc doses for skin cancer that like a 50/50 oil...you can go much weaker..to be honest for something like this id just extract some dank weed repeatedly into coconut oil and as it cools while stil liquid stir in essential oils too and let it all cool into a homogenous lump..easiest way to skin the cat. And I'd just get some good mushroom extracts and dose that daily and rub the oil on twice daily or more, whatever rate of topical application of the oil that gives the most relief.

You can even mix bicarb and make a toothpaste, LOL..which also used with xylitol to cure infected tooth roots that dentists were like no ways you can cure that, you must root canal, and I was like you fuckin mad, root canal, bad science as far as I'm concerned.. a month later they had to eat their words in following check ups..coconut oil and other oils is really effective at killing infections just underlying the surface. Its a standard veternary medicine when normal medicines not available, its antibiotic nature is well known and studied.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 18975311

A trio of Chunks

View attachment 18975312

Nameless and the pair of Koda's

View attachment 18975313

2 Cereal Milk's and 2 Gor.

View attachment 18975315

Forest Gump and Sorbet #4 I had to wait out the thunderstorm hail and 10 minutes of rain before I could get this pair done.

One tired puppy tonight Argg my aching back.
Awesome, got the garden beds planted up! Are those going to get supplemental lighting to keep them from flowering, or are you good to plant for summer now?

Or are they going to start flower and be done soon?

Thats impressive this fall you made 20 jars of 20 grams a piece, nice pull! Lot to play with! Love the Hashmaster. Almost have mine assembled.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Was it worth the effort to do an alcohol extract of the bud waste from making dry-ice kief with the the Hashmaster 5000?

Do you always do that, or just when you can?

I would imagine the dry ice would help do a pretty thorough extract from the flower. I guess if you cut it short at 60 seconds, may have some potency left. Not a bad idea.

How do you refine the alcohol extract. Thats what @maryjaneismyfre was talking about doing.

I've gifted the post shaken material to the "poor" and they say it's still got plenty of pizzaz. Washed to tincture and reduced to RSO tar it'll wipe the floor with you. Damned powerful even with the best removed.

The Hashmaster thread has all of the "Still" runs where I recover the alcohol and do the RSO version capsules.

Awesome, got the garden beds planted up! Are those going to get supplemental lighting to keep them from flowering, or are you good to plant for summer now?

Or are they going to start flower and be done soon?

Thats impressive this fall you made 20 jars of 20 grams a piece, nice pull! Lot to play with! Love the Hashmaster. Almost have mine assembled.
This set I'll let flower as I'm back on schedule. Harvest will be June 1st and I'll set out the summer clones that day.

BrassNwood

Veteran

1710851753302.png

Ticket sales start tomorrow and the 22nd.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About to run the hashmaster 2.0. Its a metal #8 food can with 2 brackets so it doesnt rip out. DeWalt saw. Going to work well!
Just going over your instructions. handfull of buds handfull of dry ice!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a #8 food can without a plastic liner. It was from storable food brand ReadyHour and I think it was flour or peanut butter powder that was in it. Scoured the glue on the outside, cleaned the drill holes of metal very thoroughly in the sunlight to prevent contamination.

The 2 angle pieces are 2.5 inch angle brackets.

Regular reciprocating blade, got the thickest metal one they had that fit the dimensions.

Screws are #10 I think.

Got the 5-7 inch hose clamp for the screen.

Planning on using flozen flower that has been de-seeded harvested early. Its pretty ripe and is potent, but terpenes have not changed over to late ripe stage. Will make great meds!

BrassNwood

Veteran
Its a #8 food can without a plastic liner. It was from storable food brand ReadyHour and I think it was flour or peanut butter powder that was in it. Scoured the glue on the outside, cleaned the drill holes of metal very thoroughly in the sunlight to prevent contamination.

The 2 angle pieces are 2.5 inch angle brackets.

Regular reciprocating blade, got the thickest metal one they had that fit the dimensions.

Screws are #10 I think.

Got the 5-7 inch hose clamp for the screen.

Planning on using flozen flower that has been de-seeded harvested early. Its pretty ripe and is potent, but terpenes have not changed over to late ripe stage. Will make great meds!
1711332094353.png

If you look close you can see I've taken the "Foot" off of the saw.

1711332193932.png

This lets the whole arrangement set 2 inches deeper in the bucket and 60 to 90 seconds on low shake gives me a good take.

I had a glass round cut for the bottom of the bucket as it makes scraping the Kief easier.

PXL_20240324_134726654.jpg

A tiny bit of hail with most of the drive melted by evening. The plan is to leave tomorrow and head back to the city.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like a lot of hail! :smoke:

Yeah, I saw your saw didn't have the guard on it. May not be necessary to take mine off. The blade is a little longer and it goes down in the bucket pretty far. I think its just a couple inches above the bottom.

I was considering that, why is your blade so short? Is that just because it broke off?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You’ve got your materials together and you know how to handle dry ice… let’s have some fun!

1. Dump your (ground up) cannabis and dry ice into the 5-gallon bucket.
  2. Take the size 73 hash/bubble/pollen bag and fit it over the opening of the bucket, then shake and swirl the bucket around for 3-4 minutes. The process of shaking the cannabis around with dry ice freezes the resin so it starts breaking off from the cannabis and is more easily collected.
  3. Turn the bucket upside-down, emptying both the dry ice and cannabis into the hash bag, with the mesh side facing down.
  4. Shake the bag over a clean flat surface.This will cause resin to sift through the mesh part of the bag and fall out onto the surface like it’s raining resin! Keep shaking until you don’t see any resin falling out or you just can’t shake anymore 🙂
  5. Use your scraper to collect the newly fallen resin into a pile and transfer it into a container of your choice.
  6. Dump the cannabis and dry ice back into the bucket and repeat steps 2-5 with the size 160 pollen bag. Then again with the 220 bag.
Why do you only run for 60 seconds. May try for longer. I guess shorter times would prevent green contamination, but would reduce overall yield a little bit.

Most of it probably shakes out it the first 60 seconds

BrassNwood

Veteran
What's on TV in the reflection of your pic of hail outside?

Stargate Universe.
Why do you only run for 60 seconds. May try for longer. I guess shorter times would prevent green contamination, but would reduce overall yield a little bit.

Most of it probably shakes out it the first 60 seconds
Correct. Shake to long and you start to get lots of smashed leaf bits and quality drops off.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Back in town. Glove and yank stripped about half of the still hanging plants. Much drier and stripping was easy enough but still took a toll on my hands. I'll get the rest stripped in the morning. Filled another 5-gallon Bucket () Buds.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240326_172635148.jpg

Thinking how best to save my wrist from more aggravation I came up with this little fix.

PXL_20240326_172643173.jpg

I got tired of standing and got out a chair.

PXL_20240326_172658438.jpg

Where I could just set and keep yanking them out from under my heel.

PXL_20240326_174448785.jpg

And it was all done in short order.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240326_223818673.jpg

Filled 17 half gallon jars.

PXL_20240326_225059852.jpg

The nice hard buds from summer I pulled from some jars to make room for the rest of the new. I'll get to smashing this to hash ASAP.

PXL_20240326_225107286.jpg

New tucked in for the cure.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like some great flower! Got your work cut out for you now!

How big will those get when harvesting in June?