What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An American Dream White Picket Fences.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do you store your kief? Should I keep it in the fridge or is that not necessary? I am going to try to use small jars like yours to limit the oxygen.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About to try, got another 8-9 lbs dry ice. Got some quarter pint jars to store kief with less oxygen.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240327_162338737.jpg

Hit the ice house at 08:30 and got a fresh 10 pound block and a he gave me a partly sublimated half block for free.

PXL_20240327_180052418.jpg

Knocked out the 3 gallons I'd already pulled from the jars and eventually pulled out 10 more 1/2 gallon jars all totaled.

PXL_20240327_180100575.jpg

The pre run bucket. This gets the load chilled and lets me keep the material in the power bucket the least amount of time. You don't want the power bucket frosted up.
PXL_20240327_181407502.jpg

Guess who.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240327_184108443.jpg

Last load

PXL_20240327_203251915.jpg

Started at 09:00 and finished at 14:00 with a 15 minute lunch break.

PXL_20240327_203304056.jpg

20 jars of 20 grams+ each and I filled the tall job as well for another 40+grams.

BrassNwood

Veteran
PXL_20240327_210950845.jpg

Weighed out 2 loads.

PXL_20240327_211841819.jpg

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes (115 C)

PXL_20240327_234401340.jpg

15 grams of Hash
45 ml of Coconut oil
10 ml Fearn liquid lecithin
Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (104 C)

And popped in the freezer for the night.

PXL_20240327_211605655.jpg

Scraps left after the shake.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love it, tastes so good. Have to stay with low to medium speed and not go too fast. Have to use plenty of ice. Can go an extra minute but after 2 minutes definitely more green . The second minute starts getting some green in it.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will try the oil soon. The hash is good to help medicate without having to smoke so much. Cant wait to make the caps. May be able to get it done tomorrow.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you heating for another 20 minutes then before capping?

What pill doses should I start with? Would like to still smoke a little after taking the capsules. Also usually a pretty low dose toker in general. Thought I would make some with 5 drops, some half full, some all the way full.

I guess the all the way full ones last all day or do you take one in the evening?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was cold outside but sunny so it was good conditions and went smooth. Thanks for the help!

Have some dry ice, may run some more jars through of more mature flower resin. It seems to be pretty efficient in extracting the resin.

Last edited:

BrassNwood

Veteran
Are you heating for another 20 minutes then before capping?

What pill doses should I start with? Would like to still smoke a little after taking the capsules. Also usually a pretty low dose toker in general. Thought I would make some with 5 drops, some half full, some all the way full.

I guess the all the way full ones last all day or do you take one in the evening?
Heat 220 for 20
Freeze
Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
The freeze isn't absolutely required but does soften the trichome husks and smooths and removes a slight sandy mouth feel the caps can have when letting them melt in your mouth like candy.

Individual dosing you'll have to just experiment and gradually work up to that magical happy place.

The one thing I can see I didn't cover is cleaning the mesh after 2 or 3 runs. I'll dip the filter mesh in a jar of denatured alcohol and wipe with a rag on both side and air dry a few seconds. This keeps the screen material clean for maximum recovery.

I take my capsules when I wake up in the morning and get a hard burn for about 3 hours. The rest of the day I can touch up that initial dose with a bit of inhalation or alcohol tincture to boost the stone and I can ride the wild pony all day long.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was pretty cold out yesterday, so the screen many not have got as clogged. Still have some dry ice. Found out I should make sure to use a decent amount of dry ice to get it really cold and shed trichomes.

Also running at higher speed can cause more green, so I try and slow it down to a moderate pace.

Why do you run 60 seconds?

It seemed like that was plenty to get most of the yield. Going for 2 minutes maybe got a bit more out of it, but at the risk of some green. I don't think it was that bad though, and wasn't significant if run was lower speed.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats sweet. Ran out of time had to work late. Looks like a pretty simple method. I may order some of the soy lechethin to try.
Badkittysmiles was using powder lechethin so my sunflowe lechethin is probably adequate.

1711679821315.jpeg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They only had 100 ct gelatin capsules for $9.00 so i just got 1 bag. I also got 300 ct vegetable cellulose capsules.

Have you tried those? Thinking I may be able to freeze them, athough may not be able to freeze them fast enough. I may take them back.

Capsule connection has cheap prices and availablility.

BrassNwood

Veteran
Thats sweet. Ran out of time had to work late. Looks like a pretty simple method. I may order some of the soy lechethin to try.
Badkittysmiles was using powder lechethin so my sunflowe lechethin is probably adequate.

View attachment 18980208
All 6 of the major forms seem to work for liposomal encapsulation with only the degree of ease of blending changes.
Granules are the most stubborn to get dissolved and worked in. THe powder is called de-oiled and can clump in a pure oil. THe liquid blend fast, gives good results and has long been my choice. Sunflower or soy makes no real difference I'm cheap and the sunflower is usually 3x the price of the soy base.

BrassNwood

Veteran
They only had 100 ct gelatin capsules for $9.00 so i just got 1 bag. I also got 300 ct vegetable cellulose capsules.

Have you tried those? Thinking I may be able to freeze them, athough may not be able to freeze them fast enough. I may take them back.

Capsule connection has cheap prices and availablility.
1000 count for $15. Last time I got 3000 as the shipping was free over $50 by the time I add tax it was....