What's new

ALL ACCESS PASS

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
You scream, I scream, we all scream for: Ice Cream

You scream, I scream, we all scream for: Ice Cream

MP: If you and I are in the same sesh, I'll be happy to light one or two or three up for ya!

Cella: I know your pain brotha. One thing is for absolutely certain: when you're done with proby, the L.I.O.S. will still be 'round. We'll make a point of orchestrating a session....maybe the whole F.A.M. will come out and make it a party worth remembering...

That being said, I still have a nice sized Ice Cream that's been drying. I checked the stems last night, and they're almost crisp, but it's not "snappin" yet so she needs another day or two before she comes off the stems.
In the interim, I took a small side branch for tastin' purposes. That little chunker weighed in at 4.9 grams. Should get me through the a.m. and into the evening...ROFL:

I wanna be adopted into the FAM..I can't find my digital camera though...its hard to participate when you can't throw up any pics...ever since christmas day i've been building and dialing-in after being dormant for like a year and a half...great nugs...I think i'm gonna order those three exact strains based on this thread alone...ERSB, Ice Cream, and Opium...So far sour d is my favorite ever in the world, but damn flowering time and the fact that seedbay doesn't have them right now is sort of dampering my having them...

accessndx

Veteran
Well, they're three good strains bro. I wouldn't discourage you from growing any of 'em. In fact, I'd suggest you get the feminized packs of seeds from Paradise....and since they're fems...you don't need more than a 5 pack (if they sell 'em in those increments). I got 10 packs, but I used literally 1 seed for Opium, 1 seed of Ice Cream. I usually start multiple beans when there's alot of genetic variability (phenotypes) expressed in a gene pool....or when I'm factoring in the probability of obtaining a male. At first, I didn't want any males whatsoever...nowadays I wouldn't mind one or two to chuck pollen onto my existing gals.....
I'd love to make crosses that haven't existed before.

If you like the sour d, you've got good taste. But IMHO, there's ALOT of "diesel" and "hazes" that are in this area......as a matter of fact...there's almost TOO MUCH. There's almost 0% diversity in my area amongst the "commerical" growers.

If you're gonna grow your own you've gotta pull one or two tropical or exotic varieties to sample. I've got some Lavender going on right now.....waiting for some to veg. up big enough to put into 12/12. Soma has all those "Chinese" and "Korean" genetics that practically never see the light of day outside of certain circles.

Some of the F.U.C.K.E.M. crew is already getting prepped to do a test run on genetics offered by Karma. There's something he calls "Happy Brother" and it's crossed with some form of Chemdog. If you check out his pics, I'm rather certain you'd be impressed. Even without having run them yet, you can tell that some strains are just a beast waiting to be unleashed. Can't wait to crack a few of those animals...

So good luck bro. As far as being "adopted" into the F.A.M., I'd suggest you check into the F.U.C.K.E.M. thread and begin showcasing your stuff. Alot of people ask how to get involved.....
As far as I know, there's only one man that can issue a decision: Cocktail Frank. He's 'da boss, and his word is final. Of course, I'm sure he uses selection criteria that involves you being on the "east coast" and being a prolific, skilled grower. Size doesn't necessarily matter, but a devotion and love of the craft is a must.

Get your gear on!

nice man...thanks for the kind words...i'm all for diversity, but there are so many strains out there, when searching seedbay, that i've never even heard of before. Or even worse than that...strains that are named very similarly to heavy hitters that you can't really tell which is a bomb ass strain and which isn't....I guess I need to save some bean shopping spree money and just buy alot of different cheapies? Are you saying that if I order off seedbay and stick to paradise, karma, and sensi then I should be alright?? What about all the different diesel variations and crosses offered my reservoir? I know alot of crosses can sound good because of their parents names, but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a heavy hitter right?? Thanks for all the help..I really need to find my digital cam because i'd love to log my grow..

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finklstien....you cant really go wrong with res's gear yo.
seedbay has some real good vendors in there bro...i dont think acc was sayin stay with them 3 just givin you a ""to name a few "" type rundown

wattup access just poppin thru to smoke some of the BPP with you bro,this is some good bud yo tasty as hell....here ya go kill it...
peace -T-

accessndx

Veteran
Yeah Finkl....what Tona said is absolutely true. My post wasn't intended to indicate that the three breeders I mentioned were the only good ones. Res is absolutely a top provider of beans.....
I was just citing my personal experience, preference and opinion. The fact that you're having a difficult time is probably something that many individuals face when determining what they want to grow out. Another point I'd like to make: there are some breeders, who absolutely have a MIXED reputation. That means that their genetics are a hit or miss for people. Another member of the F.A.M.I.L.Y. and I met while talking about one such strain: Chocolate Chunk....a variety from TH Seeds.
I was very excited about these beans initially....but I had read some mixed things about the breeder and the product....my personal experience with gear from TH Seeds didn't work out so well, but this individual had good prior experience and was willing to give the seeds that I didn't want to crack immediately a go...
In his case, it turned out o.k., with the exception of a few hermaphroditic tendencies...
I believe it turned out to be good smoke, and that he's continued to work with the genetics through backcrossing and such.
Another potentially dubious vendor is GHS. I haven't had alot of experience with these genetics, but if you read around the threads you'll find alot of people bashing the gear...and then you'll find some stalwart individuals that absolutely think it's great.

For your purposes, I'd steer clear of the vendors/breeders that appear to have alot of issues for one reason or another. I'd try to stay in the lines that seem to get alot of good press.

Of course, if you NEVER try other stuff out, you'll NEVER know. I'm going that route with Soma's Lavender, and eventually Soma's SoGouda. Alot of peeps complaining about germination rates, etc.......
I personally haven't had issues germing Soma's stuff, but I got it right from Amsterdam while others are getting possibly older and less viable stock from a variety of different places.
So in the end, it's what you really feel comfortable doing. So diversifying your interest is a good thing...possibly get some gear that you know is going to be a slam dunk and then some others that you're curious about.
Good luck with all that stuff.

Tona: That BPP is tasty eh? I expect nothing less from a F.U.C.K.E.M. house strain...only the best are kept around.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did someone say Chocolate Chunk ?? cause i know a guy who knows a guy :rasta:

can't wait to try cannacopia's version - the seeds are in the mail now :jump: :jump: i WILL be keeping cuts :wink:

very nice..thanks again for your help...I know stupid questions from noobs can probably get old. I wasn't saying that I was under the impression that those three breeders were the only three good breeders around, I guess what I was trying to ask is that any strain that I order from those three should be rock solid right...even the $20 packs of ten seeds that you've never heard of??

accessndx

Veteran
Any strain you order from those three should be rock solid bro. There are definitely others that are good, but yes....even cheapies (I didn't know there was anything cheap from those guys in the $20 range!) should be fine.

accessndx

Veteran
That's awesome bro! I think that's a nice bunch to start with.....
The northern lights is a particularly good choice to start with. Glad to see I may have had some influence with regards to the Ice Cream...hope you like it as much as I do.
Lookin' forward to seeing a thread develop with all that gear!

yeah i'm looking forward to it also, but I feel like that will be forever from now...plants take so long to grow...right now i'm flowering what should have been my clone mothers...I've been dry for a while though and my new year's res is to never purchase smoke again so i've got to finish a cycle asap to keep my sanity...I went to 12/12 on christmas day w/ bagseed when I put up my homebox L. So hopefully I'll be smokin in march or deffinately by 420..

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
holy shit!......'sneaks in'.....euhm tagging in :D

accessndx

Veteran
Nice to have you aboard Core! Always room for ya! So the Cream is finally dried properly. The dry weight for the one plant I cut was 35.4 grams. Now she starts her journey into the cure-zone...
I'm absolutely loving my newly acquisitioned "sifter box". I used to use a grinder with a screen to collect resin, but it seemed to take forever in spite of the fact I smoke regularly. With this new box I have a much wider surface area to sift, as well as a better quality screen and of course a killer glass sliding tray to collect the precious gems!

Now to sit down for a well deserved sessssssh! Kief anyone?​

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm embarressed 2 be honest....but i could follow almost all in FUCKEM thread :)

C

cellardweller

better late than never Core!
nice box access, is that from the GN collection?

accessndx

Veteran
cellardweller said:
better late than never Core!
nice box access, is that from the GN collection?

Nah bro, it's a buy from some place on Ebay. I wanted that clear acrylic sifter box I had put up pictures of in the F.U.C.K.E.M. thread before Christmas...www.sifterbox.com....
But that toolbag never responded to any of my inquiries and I had to sic PayPal on his sack! Long and short of it, I got a full refund and ordered this Natural Goods sifter box instead. Actually I'm happier with this one, it's cleaned up my smoking area alot....it's very subtle looking in case there is company around that's not "down", and I've been getting a ton of quality kief to press from it almost every day.

REZDOG

Veteran
...Double Strawberry D will certainly do ya righteous.
I'll be looking for pics in the DSD Growers thread in my forum.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Latest posts