What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALL ACCESS PASS

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Twisted Metal: I'd seriously encourage your friend to get on those beans. Paradise Seeds has been an excellent source of quality genetics. I've got some Nebula stocked away. I should have grown that out already, but I was interested in these 3rd generation breeds first and foremost. The only one I didn't get was Spoetnik, which I'd still love to grow out. If I'm not mistaken I may have a few other strains from Paradise: Durga Mata and Amsterdam Flame.....seem like two heavy hitters. They're always a consideration for a "next wave". I trust Paradise like I trust Sensi...they simply don't put out garbage because they know their reputations are on the line.
That Girl: It's good to have ya' hear. This place could always use another woman's touch. I'll do my best to keep you riveted.
Tona: Those statments comin' from you are almost a reason to blush...LOL. You've got one of the penultimate grows out there that is perfectly dialed in. Truly a showpiece if there ever was one. I gotta have the utmost respect for everyone in the F.A.M.: let's face it, there are skills abound.
Mayan: Yeah, as I stated I have some Nebula and other Paradise strains stockpiled. I had considered it as a choice for one of my first waves, but I have space constraints. I was extremely interested in the 3rd generation breeding efforts from Paradise so Ice Cream and Opium were simple choices to make. Since they were both feminized, I knew I could pop less beans and still expect some rather good results. There was only 1 strain I didn't get in Amsterdam that I really wanted: Spoetnik. I will have to grab that eventually. Since my experience with Paradise has been flawless so far, I'm really eager to see that gal also.

And for anyone interested in the Ice Cream so far: I'm doing some preliminary taste tests as we speak. I'll hold off on giving any significant descriptions because I have a friend that is also growing it. His first impression was lukewarm, then it radically changed when he let the plants flower, dry and cure thoroughly and properly. As a matter of fact he called me the other day to let me know he was "very impressed" with the overall outcome. Since I've known him for 2 decades and we have virtually the same likes/dislikes pertaining to weed, I'll have to take that as a superb endorsement.

Things have been drying since Sunday, so that's like a good 6 days. Things are still a bit on the damp side, so if I want to taste I've gotta hack off a piece and flash dry. We all know that's a horrible way to do things, but it works. So of course I pulled a piece of the Ice Cream.....4 bong hits is a nice test run for me: There's an immediate sugary/pastry-esque taste to this strain. Early on in flowering this plant smelled like freshly pressed carrot juice, so I was expecting some hints of that flavor. Much to my surprise, that smell diminished and none of that taste was present. I can absolutely see why the breeder stated that this tastes like ice cream: more precisely it tastes like vanilla beans and sugar. Other than that it's hard to put my finger on it. What I can tell you is that with the improperly dried bong hits I was pleasantly ripped both last night and again today.

My recollection is of times I spent as a teenager: when I first started smoking. A bunch of friends would get baked, and end up some place like a diner late at night. We'd venture in, sit down and order munchie food and coffee. Invariably someone would do or say something hilariously funny resulting in inappropriate and over the top laughing...much to the dismay of the other patrons. That's kind of what this weed reminds me of: days where there were few significant responsibilities, a sense of freedom and unfettered enjoyment, care-free and red-eyed sillyness. After a few hits last night I erupted into deep belly laughter over something that would normally not evoke that response. That alone qualifies this weed as something I'd deeply consider keeping around.
So this obviously deserves a more fleshed out and official smoke report, and I'll wait until things are properly cured to do that. Until then: peace out, stay green and safe.

accessndx

Veteran
Pseudo-Dry Shots of Ice Cream

Pseudo-Dry Shots of Ice Cream

It's been 6 days since I chopped this gal down. She's been drying, but at a slower pace because my attic is cold as a witch's t*t. So I decided to help out mother nature by clipping the nuggets off the branch and letting it dry a bit more rapidly. Plus I've been such a junkie about these new strains, I've been slowly picking away them even before I get a final dry weight....which as I've stated before is practically inexcusable. But I digress, here are some shots of the Ice Cream in all its' creamy glory:

This stuff already sauteed my head hardcore, wondering how much more potent this stuff gets with a serious cure. This is definitely one of those days where I wish the F.U.C.K.E.M. family was close enough to burn one down with. I'm sure you guys/gals would dig this stuff.​

accessndx

Veteran
Some Ice Cream Macro shots...

Some Ice Cream Macro shots...

I gotta say that the amount of resin on this strain is noteworthy. The crystals are all over each other like some sort of THC orgy. I think I'm getting the hang of the macro shots, so put on your seat and chastity belts...

This is a scoop of pure goodness.

Mounds of vanilla tasting fun

This picture says it all...piles of sticky, gooey hallucinogenic resin.

Hey Access
Wow, droooolllll...Ice Cream...I want that!! :D
Looks really really really good!! I've always been interested in Ice Cream and Spoetnik in particular..Good to read a prelim-smoke report on Ice Cream. I;ll be :lurk: to read the fullsize report and to find out if and when ya start that Sputnik
:wave:, Low
PS:
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to accessndx again.
Dammit!!!! :respect: :respect: for those pix :jump:

Last edited:

accessndx

Veteran
Was speaking with Cella this afternoon. While we were on the phone I rolled a half gram bone of the Ice Cream...it was still a bit wet to spark the joint immediately and fully. With a few super-powered inhales, we got some fiyahh...
I told him the same thing I'll say here: imagine someone pouring a bag of sugar in your mouth, then someone starts waterboarding your head with vanilla extract and pastry dough.
That was the immediate taste. I extinguished the bone half way through...
The rest of my day I was in hallucinogenic auto-pilot mode. If anyone's done Ketamine, and you've been down in a K-hole, that's what the body stone of this smoke is like. You really would prefer not to move off your couch, your arms and legs go swimmy, and rubbery. Your head moves around like it's barely attached in slow motion...
This is all after the initial intense cerebral high you get off the first few hits, making you begin to sit back like you're having an O.B.E....which proceeds to freshman sillyness.
Even Stevie Wonder can see how stoned you get off this stuff. Very nostalgic weed. makes me get off like when I first started smoking...and persists for hours. The high definitely evolves from a very trippy brain dominant experience to include a very significant and comfortable body high. Absolutely 100% anxiety crushing.
Personally, I've had my share of day to day b.s. lately that's been causing some agida...well this strain put my worries to the wayside. Not to the point of inactivity, but enough so that I'm knowledgeable that I can meet the challenges, and at the same time not have an anyeurism in the meantime.
I gotta give a real firm K+ to Paradise seeds for churning out such quality genetics. As they said in their description: "...her stone is a series of revolutions, an antidote to stoner boredom...". This is dead on. Very happy with the outcome.

The total dry weight for 1 plant was: 27.7 grams. None of this was larf. I don't even bother counting that stuff. I'd also like to add that I smoked between 3-5 grams of pseudo-dry moist Ice Cream which isn't counted in the total above...I didn't weigh what I had taken before, so I'm guestimating. So conservatively this gal put out 30 grams or more. Since I can pull 4 roughly each month SOG Shaolin Poison Finger style, this is a nice target number for me...it gets me right into the Q zone.

P

Peat

accessndx said:
Mr. Bong: yeppers bro. That's all 250 watt goodness, sometimes it's not the size of your bulb...it's how you use it!

Hey accessndx,

I choose 1 kW for that very reason...
but opposite :frown:...
to "overgrow" my horticultural incompetence :redface:

When I grow up, I hope to have 250W :puppydoge

I find myself in some sort of Bizzarro World version of "wattage-envy"...:chin:

:lurk:

EDIT:
Love your stories / smoke reports!
Very entertaining thread :D

(LOL, @ ...makes Stevie Wonder see...)

Last edited:

Quazi

Nice report access!

I keep hearing good things about Ice Cream.

Guess I might have to put that on the ol' X-mas list.

Keep it up!

-Q :rasta:

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
accessndx said:
Even Stevie Wonder can see how stoned you get off this stuff.
^^I nearly busted mah gut laughing. lol :biglaugh:

That's some good weed. :smile:

Kick ass thread you rockin' here bro. Really nice pics and clear descriptions
make for nice viewing. I've gotta second the praise for the Paradise guys.
I've grown Sensi Star and Opium and have to say that both were absolutely
terrific.

Keep it comin' mang!

accessndx

Veteran
Enter the Dragon...

Enter the Dragon...

This strain came at a very timely moment. Last night they were playing "Enter the Dragon" on G4...."Movies that don't suck". Opium plays a major part as one of the main sources of illegal income for the mysterious Han...host of the martial arts tournament.
enterdragon3.jpg

Roper is shown Han's opium operation, along with a dungeon full of haggard prisoners:
enterdragon5.jpg

"men who no longer care who they are or where they find themselves."
IMG-Han.jpg

The bomb-diggitiest line in the entire flick is when Lee faces off with Han after he goes for the "claw" attachment in the final sequences of the movie:
"You have offended my family and you have offended the Shaolin Temple"
enter_the_dragon.jpg

So I dedicate this harvest to Bruce Lee, in all his infinite coolness. It's such a shame he died only 6 days before the release of this timeless and culturally significant movie.
I had 2 Opium gals in this haul. Both were pretty sizable and meaty. The first gal was 32.9 grams, the other gal was 31.7 grams. They've been drying 7 days, but still need a bit of curing. A tad bit more weight will evaporate off during that process but 64.6 grams isn't shabby at all. Once again, pulling 4 plants each month puts me right into the Q-continuum!
Here are some dry shots along with some decent macros:

The whole shape, look and feel of these nugs bring to mind the essence of the orient....that second to last picture is reminiscent of a Chinese Dragon.
Such a beautiful girl. I've posted some preliminary taste reports of her, but I'm waiting for an excellent cure. I'm rather certain she's going to develop nicely. Hopefully she'll be able to do this:
enterdragon10.jpg

xOOx

wow access!

nice reports.
nice pics!

that stuff sounds like my kinda smoke man. i can relate to your descriptive high.. i get similar feelings.. that old school buzz is best..

but me, only from 1 or 2 / 1 hitter bats.. usually just 1.. litey-lite ..

the sensation u describe.. your flowy arms is more like being underwater yeah? like treading water slowly.. my ears get all cloggy with that sensation..muffled sound, auditory hallucinations when paired w/music..and with the euphoric rush.. oh man.. 5 years old, xmas morning shit eating grin goin on..in the beginning rise that type high i always get my heartbeat in my throat.. if i over indulge this slight tacycardia can easily turn into mega paranoia, im prone, thats why i never do more then a 1 good hit at a time, of any type of herb. until i know if its good or not .. bitten by piff, 2x shy ..if u know what i mean.

it sounds like some good shit.. as long as theres no ill feeling on come down, or next day.. i think u got a winner!

great report..

xoox

accessndx

Veteran
Peat:I'm sure you're no slouch to growing bro! Believe me, if I could fit a 1000 watter in here I'd already have done it. I'll have to wait until I can expand my project. I can't take credit for all this however, some of it has to do with genetics. I've run some real dogs, but they get sh*tcanned as soon as they rear their imperfect heads...
Quazi:Bro, you can't go wrong with Paradise...I'd deeply encourage you to contact Santa asap!!!
5LG:Cracking me up man!!! Did you make that picture?!!? ROFL!
Xoox:theres no ill feeling on come down, or next day....this stuff is picture perfect. Definitely a keeper.

accessndx

Veteran
Quazi: now that's something I didn't know. Had no idea Bruce liked to puff! You learn something new every day. I checked out that video too....pretty insane....
Alot of people stating it's not real, but it sure as heck looks real enough. Nevertheless, it's cool and worth a looksie.

I gotta add and reinforce here that although I haven't really tapped Opium hard yet, I have had some rather extensive smoke experience with the Ice Cream. The taste is exactly as I described before: vanilla, dough....sugar. The high has two distinct stages...1) You get that head crushing rush. 2) The body high develops steadily until you want to just sit on the couch to enjoy the waves of relaxation.

I've taken Xanax and Valium and other anti-anxiety meds in the past when I've got significant stress...so I know how these pills can floor you.

The body high of this particular phenotype of Ice Cream is equally as strong as pharmaceuticals in these categories. There was something really bugging me all weekend that I had to take care of today.....so I couldn't chill without stressing about it. Needless to say, I've had other smokeables and they're great, but don't do much to quell anxiety. The Ice Cream allowed me to consciously recognize that I had issues that could not be resolved until this afternoon, but at the same time I didn't really care at all....the more I smoked...the further away my troubles seemed.
Really effective anti-anxiety, anti-depressant effect of Ice Cream.

Borderline psychedelic/hallucinogenic with an overlay of relaxation.

I just went through the motions yesterday completely without a care. I had considered not continuing to grow the Ice Cream only because it wasn't as dense as some of the other strains I grow....I had resigned to hang onto it until something else filled its' shoes....now after smoking her I'm firmly an advocate for this gal. She's got a place permanently unless something better emerges.

accessndx

Veteran
Well...well....well....That Opium is turning out to be rather fine smoke. I'll try not to be redundant because most of my comments about it are in the preliminary smoke report on the F.U.C.K.E.M. thread...
However, I can say FTR that this particular phenotype has a full bodied incense taste, with overtones of grape. Not the taste of fresh grape, the grape you'd add to candy as a flavoring....and in this case it's a perfect compliment.
If you know the term: synesthesia, you'll understand what I mean when I say that this strain brings to the senses impressions of black light paintings, and darkly candle-lit rooms where Hendrix and Floyd is playing in the background. I'd expect to find this strain burning in the nooks and crannies of some really underground coffeehouse somewhere on the edge of reality. There's a calm, cool relaxed awareness of the stone which develops out of a first energetic and frenetic initial burst while smoking. As opposed to the Ice Cream which can lead to an almost crippling pharmaceutical stupor, this strain puts you into an exceedingly comfortable zone where you can interact effectively and unencumbered, and at the same time maintain a serious stone. Very solid smoke IMHO. It's also of note that in spite of the fact I deliberately ate before smoking, I'm almost immediately hungry again. This smoke is devoid of the cottonmouth and dry eyes that one would expect. In fact, it seems to have gotten my entire parasympathetic nervous system kicked up a notch...
One of the other fun aspects of this strain is its' seeming ability to distort your perceptions of time. Sometimes it feels like hours have elapsed, and then upon looking at the clock...it's been a minute or two. There's alot of internal dialogue upon smoking this stuff....alot of fast and movie-like flashes, thoughts, impressions. Very introspective. I'd think it may be a great one to play some guitar on, or some artistic endeavor.
I think this strain must have been only a hair or two behind the 1st place winner in 2006. It must be hard to choose from all the insane weed at the Cannabis Cup...
I'm just glad to have her in my neck of the woods now. Cheers!

accessndx

Veteran
Dry shots of ERSB

Dry shots of ERSB

Pulled a solid 38.6 grams of quality bud off of the last Ed I harvested. That's a big step up from her prior yield. I was pleasantly surprised this happend. The gal didn't look markedly bigger than others I had previously grown, and I had to lop off the topmost portion of the plant because it had burned due to proximity to the light while I was away travelling. Nonetheless, I'm letting this gal cure really well this time. Prior pulls I was a bit low on novel combustibles so I hit her hard. This time she'll get a nice long and picture perfect cure.

Hope everyone is as stuffed as I was after yesterday's feast!!! Mmmmm..stuffing....​

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to accessndx again.

F.U.C.K.I.N. quality work my brotha.i cant believe i missed that post bro,my bad man.
these holidays have me rippin around so hrd i havnt even had time to visit my own thread like i like to bro.
cant wait till you give us a rundown of her cured.peace F.A.M. -T-

accessndx

Veteran
Admittedly, things have been slow around this thread. I did pull another Ed two days ago. Was so busy doing last minute holiday b.s. that I didn't even snap pictures. Another Ice Cream is waiting to be pulled, and I got 2 mini Opiums ready also. I couldn't even get to trimming them yet for the same reasons...
Possibly tomorrow. A few extra days never hurts though...
What I'm eager to see is the two upcoming strains: Lavender and Big Bud. I've got 2 phenotypes of Lavender and one of Big Bud. Got the ones I started sexing about a month ago flowering in really small pots. It's just a test to see the internodal lengths, the level of stretching, the floral clusters, etc.
I may have inadvertently switched the markers on the plants however. 2 look like they're lagging, one looks like a beast. I was almost certain that the beast was Big Bud....and I was getting prepared to veg a few more. Then I noticed that two of the colored stakes I use to identify the strains had come out of the container when I was moving the plants. Now I'm not entirely sure which was which.
The good thing is I have the clones well marked. I'll have to just flower them all out and see what transpires again. They're all perfectly segregated, and this time no screw-ups.

For whatever reason I've got the urge to crack some Marley's Collie.....keep ruminating about it, and obsessing on the idea. Maybe right after the new year.
I'll try to bang out some shots when i trim up the Ice Cream, and then some hanging shots of Ed over the weekend.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
man bro i did somethin similar too,i marked all but one plant in the tent and i have no idea what it is.idk how i missed it i believe i lost the tag too.it looks like its a jillybean though because i have another jb in there and they look the same...even staring to yellow up a little just like the other one....gonna give them both a liiiiiittle bit of tiger bloom next watering and get them some color bac...i still have around 40 more days if im gonna take them all 80 like i wannt to.the bubba smells awesome already so if i run low she might come down at 70 or so if she looks like shes ready.peace F.A.M. -T-

accessndx

Veteran
Quick shots of drying ERSB

Quick shots of drying ERSB

I cut just one moderate sized ERSB on Tuesday. I have two mini Opiums and 1 large Ice Cream to pull also. Technically they should have come down on Tuesday also, but I'm letting 'em stew for a few days longer.
Here's some quick shots of the Ed:

I've had time to evaluate the fully cured Ed Rosenthal Super Bud. I'll say that the cure definitely does additional wonders for this strain. The smoke becomes mellow and spicy with the first hit tasting of raw ginger. The high is still energetic with much of the effect being cerebral and less of a body "stone". This fresh batch of Ed is exceptionally fruity this time. The mango-esque tones of this plant are unmistakeable. Eagerly looking forward to a time where I can breed this gal with some uber stud male plant! I betcha the offspring would be off the hook.

accessndx

Veteran
Long Island Old School: Phenotype 1

Long Island Old School: Phenotype 1

This is another strain that's near and dear to my heart. No beans for this strainage anywhere anymore on the planet as far as I know...
This is a classic plant that's been grown for decades and decades. I've personally been smoking this variety for over 15 years, probably closer to 20. I received some beans shortly before the grower of this particular variety retired. He was one of those people that you wonder "how is this mofo even growing?" The guy barely had 2 brain cells to rub together, and seemed to know next to nothing about growing. However, he consistently had 5 to 10 Lbs for sale of this strain like round the clock back in the day...

As I've described before, the smoke is a 1 hitta quitta. The taste is sugary with hints of lime....so dankity. It's been on the back burner for quite some time to make room for other strains. I missed the smoke so it's back in the rotation.

These pictures I dedicate to Cella (who I know would dig this gal immensely):